Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 7/3 UPDATE. Check Thread

Postby smatz151 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:51 am

The 1995 Phoenix Suns court is using the 1993 25th anniversary logo. Does anyone have a 1995 Suns court without the 25th anniversary logo? Or perhaps does anyone know if the one from the 2k19 classic season mod can be used in this mod? Also wondering if anyone has this TNT scoreboard to use with 2k20?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNFUw9Vjio
smatz151

Postby kanzler on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:48 am

Is there a way to change the MyLeague starting year to match with a specific roster? Say I wanted to start a MyLeague for season 2010-11, to have the year in MyLeague say 2010-11 vs. 2019-20
kanzler

Postby bbgeek on Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:19 pm

@Thunder Shaq

I love your work! :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Any chance we will get a 2023-24 season roster at some point?
bbgeek

Postby kanzler on Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:07 pm

Also, is there a way to get updated jerseys / uniforms on a older roster? Say I wanted to start from season 2009-10, I noticed that they only have the current jerseys / uniforms but nothing up to the present. Sort of breaks immersion for a team with a rebrand or two - say the raptors who changed jerseys in the 15-16 and 20-21 seasons. I think someone else's 2009-10 season roster - maybe Shuajotas - for each team had all historical jerseys up to 2020 and you might be flipping through up to 10 jerseys in the pre-game jersey selection menu but it helps with the immersion as you go through the years.
kanzler

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:22 am

kanzler wrote:Is there a way to change the MyLeague starting year to match with a specific roster? Say I wanted to start a MyLeague for season 2010-11, to have the year in MyLeague say 2010-11 vs. 2019-20

I've wanted this forever, but it doesn't seem possible with 2k20's modding tools.

bbgeek wrote:@Thunder Shaq

I love your work! :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Any chance we will get a 2023-24 season roster at some point?

Yes, it is in progress. No estimated release date. These new season rosters take a long time because I have to create a bunch of rookies from scratch for 2k20. I also need to get the new jerseys and update player likenesses.

kanzler wrote:Also, is there a way to get updated jerseys / uniforms on a older roster? Say I wanted to start from season 2009-10, I noticed that they only have the current jerseys / uniforms but nothing up to the present. Sort of breaks immersion for a team with a rebrand or two - say the raptors who changed jerseys in the 15-16 and 20-21 seasons. I think someone else's 2009-10 season roster - maybe Shuajotas - for each team had all historical jerseys up to 2020 and you might be flipping through up to 10 jerseys in the pre-game jersey selection menu but it helps with the immersion as you go through the years.

It's a very tedious process to go back and add the jerseys for all of the rosters, but yes it's possible with NBA 2K20 Tools by looyh. If you're doing a MyLeague, you can replace the jerseys as you progress by changing the file name in the Jerseys section. I will not be adding in every jersey option to these rosters because it will take a long time, but all the jersey files are available and can be swapped/added to any roster you need. It just takes a little work
Thunder Shaq

Postby kanzler on Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:42 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
kanzler wrote:Also, is there a way to get updated jerseys / uniforms on a older roster? Say I wanted to start from season 2009-10, I noticed that they only have the current jerseys / uniforms but nothing up to the present. Sort of breaks immersion for a team with a rebrand or two - say the raptors who changed jerseys in the 15-16 and 20-21 seasons. I think someone else's 2009-10 season roster - maybe Shuajotas - for each team had all historical jerseys up to 2020 and you might be flipping through up to 10 jerseys in the pre-game jersey selection menu but it helps with the immersion as you go through the years.

It's a very tedious process to go back and add the jerseys for all of the rosters, but yes it's possible with NBA 2K20 Tools by looyh. If you're doing a MyLeague, you can replace the jerseys as you progress by changing the file name in the Jerseys section. I will not be adding in every jersey option to these rosters because it will take a long time, but all the jersey files are available and can be swapped/added to any roster you need. It just takes a little work

I was able to use 2K20 tools to assign jerseys that were already "in" the 2010 roster to the appropriate team, but I wasn't able to straight up add a new jersey file that wasn't already in the roster without overwriting another jersey slot one by one by switching back and forth from a roster that contained the jersey's file information back to the one I was working on. Fortunately there are a lot of "empty" roster slots in the 2010 Roster - I think about 300 or so based on the scroll bar so that's not going to be an issue (30 teams x probably 3 jerseys on average per team). I wished there was a better way of doing this rather than going back and forth between to roster files taking care to save each roster as I add a jersey. The whole process just feels very clunky and repetitive, though I feel like it takes about 5-10 minutes to bang out a team so maybe about 3-4 hours or so to do the whole league which isn't super time-consuming from that perspective.

Also, why is it that certain jerseys can only be accessed by pressing RT and other jerseys only accessed by pressing LT? nevermind, got it - it's because some jerseys are listed twice, once the duplicate entries are removed the jersey list can be scrolled through in its entirety in either direction
Last edited by kanzler on Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
kanzler

Postby eli_torres17 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:59 pm

thunder shaq i appreciate your work thank you i wanted to know if you can add the 2006 Detroit piston updated court with logo and the 2004 all star teams with the players, court and Jersey and what about playoffs and finals decal for the courts is that possible thank you once again for making this game enjoyable
eli_torres17

Postby xFC on Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:24 pm

If you have invisible players and missing courts and you are using an offline version/codex, I highly recommend updating to patch 1.03, solved all my issues (Y)
xFC

Postby eli_torres17 on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:45 am

XFC how do you update the game when your offline
eli_torres17

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 3/19/22 1991 and 1992 Rosters Added + More!

Postby Serra5 on Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:29 pm

FTS2018 wrote:This is probably the best roster I've ever played with, but I'm having an issue with young Iverson. He's invisible in both the 97 roster and the 96 draft. I haven't seen any other posts about this so is this a known issue?

I confirm he's invisible even using the SYNC.BIN file on the first page.
Probably there's a problem with the short hair, no cornrows version... Please can you upload his files Thunder Shaq? Like you did for Radja?
Serra5

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 3/19/22 1991 and 1992 Rosters Added + More!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:46 am

Serra5 wrote:
FTS2018 wrote:This is probably the best roster I've ever played with, but I'm having an issue with young Iverson. He's invisible in both the 97 roster and the 96 draft. I haven't seen any other posts about this so is this a known issue?

I confirm he's invisible even using the SYNC.BIN file on the first page.
Probably there's a problem with the short hair, no cornrows version... Please can you upload his files Thunder Shaq? Like you did for Radja?

Gotcha, I'll add it in the next update. There were a number of cyberfaces that were added after launch so if someone downloaded the game from a third party or outdated version when the servers went down, they are invisible. Super annoying. I'll get the files for 8678 in the mod pack.
Thunder Shaq

Postby xFC on Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:39 pm

eli_torres17 wrote:XFC how do you update the game when your offline

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/twmoh7 ... .02_-_1.03

Heres a link doesn't matter if its legend edition or not just need to be at least version 1.02 (Y)
xFC

Postby Colleas on Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:54 am

@Thunder Shaq
I hope it's not too much to ask could you send us your roster files/draft files so we could put in our remote folder? Not the renamed versions such as (2022 season) but the 2k renamed one (roster0010) I was trying to rename them myself but it's so tiring lol
Colleas

Postby shawnkemp on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
shawnkemp

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:21 am

Colleas wrote:@Thunder Shaq
I hope it's not too much to ask could you send us your roster files/draft files so we could put in our remote folder? Not the renamed versions such as (2022 season) but the 2k renamed one (roster0010) I was trying to rename them myself but it's so tiring lol

Trust me, I know it's tiring lol. I have to do it every time I release an update. I can't just drop the files as "roster0010" because mine aren't in order so I have to rename it so people know what each roster file is. You would need to rename them all anyways
Thunder Shaq

Postby jordaaa on Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:51 pm

Hello. This looks amazing. I am doing similar thing but for 2K23. I have huge problem with headshots and portrait IDs. Can you maybe share with me your ID list for headshots and portraits for all the retro players you used? I am mainly interested for players that were active in 1996-1997 season and later so that would be from 1976 draft till now, if that makes it easier for you to narrow it down, or just the whole list, I don't mind searching. It just bother me so much that every team have few players that I was unable to find headshot and/or portrait for.

Thank You in advance. If you have this type of list ready by than cool, if not please don't bother yourself.
jordaaa

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:14 am

jordaaa wrote:Hello. This looks amazing. I am doing similar thing but for 2K23. I have huge problem with headshots and portrait IDs. Can you maybe share with me your ID list for headshots and portraits for all the retro players you used? I am mainly interested for players that were active in 1996-1997 season and later so that would be from 1976 draft till now, if that makes it easier for you to narrow it down, or just the whole list, I don't mind searching. It just bother me so much that every team have few players that I was unable to find headshot and/or portrait for.

Thank You in advance. If you have this type of list ready by than cool, if not please don't bother yourself.

I do not have a list of headshot/portrait ideas. I wish I was that organized! Honestly the best way to efficiently see the ids is to download 2ktools for NBA 2k20 by Looyh and check the specific players

Thunder Shaq

Postby jordaaa on Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jordaaa wrote:Hello. This looks amazing. I am doing similar thing but for 2K23. I have huge problem with headshots and portrait IDs. Can you maybe share with me your ID list for headshots and portraits for all the retro players you used? I am mainly interested for players that were active in 1996-1997 season and later so that would be from 1976 draft till now, if that makes it easier for you to narrow it down, or just the whole list, I don't mind searching. It just bother me so much that every team have few players that I was unable to find headshot and/or portrait for.

I do not have a list of headshot/portrait ideas. I wish I was that organized! Honestly the best way to efficiently see the ids is to download 2ktools for NBA 2k20 by Looyh and check the specific players

[ Image ]

I thought it was a long shot. I am on 2K23, not 2K20, but that's not the problem. The problem is that modders who made custom headshots/portraits assigned their own custom ID numbers in their rosters and most of the time the numbers do not match with the original number they should and I am left with tons of headshots and portrait files but without knowing which one is for which players. Just copying them in mod folders work for some players, who have their IDs unchanged, but not for all. I hope you understood trought my broken English hehe.

Anyhow, thank You for fast response and I wish You all good luck in your amazing project! :fire:

BTW, this is how a headshot from 2K20 looks like on 2K23, as you can see picture is a bit out of the frame lines but it is better than no picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jordaaa

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 am

jordaaa wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

[ Image ]

I thought it was a long shot. I am on 2K23, not 2K20, but that's not the problem. The problem is that modders who made custom headshots/portraits assigned their own custom ID numbers in their rosters and most of the time the numbers do not match with the original number they should and I am left with tons of headshots and portrait files but without knowing which one is for which players. Just copying them in mod folders work for some players, who have their IDs unchanged, but not for all. I hope you understood trought my broken English hehe.

Anyhow, thank You for fast response and I wish You all good luck in your amazing project! :fire:

BTW, this is how a headshot from 2K20 looks like on 2K23, as you can see picture is a bit out of the frame lines but it is better than no picture.

I meant using the 2k20 roster and tool to see which portrait files to pull from my mod packs. Many of the IDs were custom for mine too because I often have multiple portraits for a player depending on the year. I believe there is also a 2ktools for 2k23 to see IDs used for other people's rosters
Thunder Shaq

Postby jordaaa on Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:07 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jordaaa wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

[ Image ]

I meant using the 2k20 roster and tool to see which portrait files to pull from my mod packs. Many of the IDs were custom for mine too because I often have multiple portraits for a player depending on the year. I believe there is also a 2ktools for 2k23 to see IDs used for other people's rosters

Oh? So maybe there is a smart way to do this, I just don't understand it. I am using 2ktools for 2K23 ofc, it's been my main tool in editing my roster. I just downloaded 2Ktools for 2K20 together with file exporter but I just don't get how to operate it. I try dragging some of your roster files on it but nothing happens, I am now downloading 2K20 The Game and will install this whole mod of yours and from there I will use 2ktools for 2K20 to check IDs of players I am interested in. Unless there is a easier and quicker way that I am missing? :D
BTW, this roster I made is for my personal use only, otherwise I would ask for permission first ofc to use your assets. You won't see it anywhere online on mod sites. All I really miss are few headshots and portraits.
jordaaa

Postby LFrysinger18 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:40 pm

Hey Thunder. Love the work you've done with this game. I've come back to this mod over the past couple years. Just redownloaded everything like I have before and everything is great....except for some reason the Nash face scans are almost all messed up. The 03 Mavs Nash looks good but the rest of them the hair looks glitched. Any fixes? Thanks!
LFrysinger18

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:33 pm

LFrysinger18 wrote:Hey Thunder. Love the work you've done with this game. I've come back to this mod over the past couple years. Just redownloaded everything like I have before and everything is great....except for some reason the Nash face scans are almost all messed up. The 03 Mavs Nash looks good but the rest of them the hair looks glitched. Any fixes? Thanks!

Can you show me an example? I'll work to get it fixed in the update
Thunder Shaq

Postby LFrysinger18 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:57 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
LFrysinger18 wrote:Hey Thunder. Love the work you've done with this game. I've come back to this mod over the past couple years. Just redownloaded everything like I have before and everything is great....except for some reason the Nash face scans are almost all messed up. The 03 Mavs Nash looks good but the rest of them the hair looks glitched. Any fixes? Thanks!

These are the 2010 and 2008 Suns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LFrysinger18

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:58 am

LFrysinger18 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Oh those aren't glitched, they are just shorter hair versions lol. They might clip through the head a little, but they aren't glitched. I thought you might have been referring to the hair mod that had moving physics that I used to have in the mod packs
Thunder Shaq

Postby LFrysinger18 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:05 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
LFrysinger18 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Oh those aren't glitched, they are just shorter hair versions lol. They might clip through the head a little, but they aren't glitched. I thought you might have been referring to the hair mod that had moving physics that I used to have in the mod packs

Maybe it just isn't showing in this picture but yeah it's glitched. I've had the mod before and it looked better. Or like, in the post with all the files that has a screenshot of the 08 Nash and he doesn't look like that for me.
LFrysinger18

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding