Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 6/2/24 Huge Update! 2024 and more

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2023 Roster Update Released!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:16 pm

thomasoffline wrote:Hey,

Just wondering if the end of 2023 season roster update will be available?

Yeah I will be dropping a big update soon. Had to replace my hard drive haha
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 7/3 UPDATE. Check Thread

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:26 am

UPDATE DROPPED

Mod Pack 16
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l99ewczy ... 16.7z/file

For Improved overall and MyLeague experience with these season rosters, I HIGHLY encourage you download these updated rosters

Update Breakdown:

1985-2012 Season updates (2013-2022 will see the same in the future)

-Head coach accuracy improvements: Coaches should all be accurate and even some assistants (Removed coaches that shouldn't be there (e.g. Steve Kerr while he's a player)
-Arenas (names and courts should be mostly accurate, with only a few still not perfect)
-Dornas (era specific sideline ads for 1990-1999, 2000-2010 (I have another set of ads for maybe 2011-2016ish but I haven't gotten to update those seasons yet)
-Team History (# of titles and finals appearances should be accurate for each season)
-General tendencies, animations, ratings, and accessories updated. Also filled out rosters with more role players
-Contract accuracy improvements (lengths and amounts adjusted for 2020 salary cap. Players should be free agents when they generally were IRL)
-Player vitals (years pro, draft details, nicknames removed, and the birthday glitch where some players don't age in MyLeague is fixed)
-More season/era specific cyerberfaces included in the update.

Brand New:
-1985 season roster
-1985 draft class
-2017-2022 draft classes
-Added All-star teams to 2023 roster
-2023 updated to playoff rosters

URR V1:
1985 Spurs changed to 1983 Spurs
2014 Pacers changed to 2013 Pacers

URR V2:
2017 Bulls changed to 2022 Warriors
2012 76ers changed to 2023 Heat
2020 Nuggets changed to 2023 Nuggets
2012 Pacers changed to 2014 Pacers
2007 Wizards change to 2005 Wizards

Thunder Shaq

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:21 am

Can't wait to check this out man! Incredible work you keep producing!
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby marillo on Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:43 am

Thank you very much mate!!! I Love this Mod
marillo

Postby shawnkemp on Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:26 pm

Thunder Shaq

you are great, now we can play all MJ career :)
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
shawnkemp

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:12 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, I'm glad everyone is enjoying it! I have been informed that the 1985 Pacers jerseys are missing the numbers. To fix that, please download these files and place them in your clothing folder

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lswmobch ... ix.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby arsxa on Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:15 am

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, this is truly amazing! only reason I'm still on 2k20 actually :)
arsxa

Postby curro on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:43 am

This mod is brilliant. Actually it's a work of art.
Congratulations to all members who are involved in the project.
curro

Postby the_sh4q_att4q on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:11 pm

Hey Thunder Shaq,

So I tried adding in a new SYNC.BIN like you told me in the YT comment section about Eddie Johnson, (and just recently Eddy Curry and Wayne Embry as well), and all it did was disallow access to the rosters. I think because I have an old exe version of the game, it won't let me access their cyberfaces in the newer patches. Are you able to just send me their cyberface files or provide a link so I can manually add them to the game? Their id's are 8671 (Young Eddy Curry with braids) and 8674 (Eddie Johnson) and I forgot Embry's one, just double-check if you can. Thank you so much for your work. This new update is awesome. You have made 2k great again!
the_sh4q_att4q

Postby Anacreon on Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:46 pm

Thank you Thunder Shaq for all these updates!

Anyway, does anybody had any luck running this mod on Steam Deck/Linux?

Things I tried from the forum:
1. The winetricks/protontricks -> Libraries -> dinput8.dll method
2. The WINEDLLOVERRIDES launch argument method

Both didn't work.
Anacreon

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:27 pm

the_sh4q_att4q wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq,

So I tried adding in a new SYNC.BIN like you told me in the YT comment section about Eddie Johnson, (and just recently Eddy Curry and Wayne Embry as well), and all it did was disallow access to the rosters. I think because I have an old exe version of the game, it won't let me access their cyberfaces in the newer patches. Are you able to just send me their cyberface files or provide a link so I can manually add them to the game? Their id's are 8671 (Young Eddy Curry with braids) and 8674 (Eddie Johnson) and I forgot Embry's one, just double-check if you can. Thank you so much for your work. This new update is awesome. You have made 2k great again!

Try these files https://www.mediafire.com/file/5qdhmy29 ... ix.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby Khibeatz on Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:31 pm

Hi thunder shaq, i have ran into a problem where doing the amt hup of clippers vs lakers on the 2022 season seems to crash the game im not sure if it could be maybe the arena mods
Khibeatz

Postby BurackuKaiser on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:47 am

Amazing mod my man.

Quick question though, is there any way to replace the "Expansion" teams and put in the actual expansion teams for them? ex. Vancouver Grizzlies
BurackuKaiser

Postby BurackuKaiser on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:59 am

BurackuKaiser wrote:Amazing mod my man.

Quick question though, is there any way to replace the "Expansion" teams and put in the actual expansion teams for them? ex. Vancouver Grizzlies

wait nvm I can just manually do it since some of the stuff is already set
BurackuKaiser

Postby smatz151 on Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:37 am

Love this mod. Only thing I can think of that could help would be some retro shoes. Is there any possibility of converting and importing the retro shoes from the NBA 2k19 classic seasons Mod?
smatz151

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:35 am

smatz151 wrote:Love this mod. Only thing I can think of that could help would be some retro shoes. Is there any possibility of converting and importing the retro shoes from the NBA 2k19 classic seasons Mod?

I'm actually not sure. The issue is I believe that mod replaces shoes and I don't want to overwrite certain shoes. I tried importing shoes from 2k23 and it didn't work
Thunder Shaq

Postby smatz151 on Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:55 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
smatz151 wrote:Love this mod. Only thing I can think of that could help would be some retro shoes. Is there any possibility of converting and importing the retro shoes from the NBA 2k19 classic seasons Mod?

I'm actually not sure. The issue is I believe that mod replaces shoes and I don't want to overwrite certain shoes. I tried importing shoes from 2k23 and it didn't work

Yeah I wouldn't want to overwrite all the shoes but it would be nice to have as a file replacement (i use the JSGME program) when playing with the 80's and 90's teams. I prefer the gameplay of 2k20 but love the 2k19 shoes. It gives it a higher level of immersion. Wondering if Makichiste would be able/willing to have his 2k19 shoes converted and able to import to 2k20 if possible? Looks like he has done some according to this post.

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108751&start=25
smatz151

Postby AstroNinjaBen on Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:03 pm

Hey TS, awesome work yet again, your rosters and draft classes have opened up a whole new world in deep simulation of different wacky scenarios in MyLeague and more!

I have a question, i tend to want to start a new myleague, and add 2 teams from your URR rosters (mainly v2) , one in the east and one in the west, in the hopes that they will meet in the finals, and i'll be able to see who's truly the best team, run the sim again, etc. The only problem is that the default teams that are already there upon customizing what teams are in the league are so OP that sometimes the teams i'm actually interested end up not even making the playoffs (no joke), i'm wondering how you would set up a scenario like this? could i for instance set up a scenario where the 10s stars are in the west and the 00s stars are in the east? is there some way to have the rest of the league essentially be a control group? would love to hear if this is possible, and in what way you would do it!

Btw if you're like me and mostly f*** around in Myleague, let me know some interesting experiments / scenarios that i can try out!

Rn i'm currently using the 2009 roster and forming the banana boat squad on the heat!
AstroNinjaBen

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:18 am

AstroNinjaBen wrote:Hey TS, awesome work yet again, your rosters and draft classes have opened up a whole new world in deep simulation of different wacky scenarios in MyLeague and more!

I have a question, i tend to want to start a new myleague, and add 2 teams from your URR rosters (mainly v2) , one in the east and one in the west, in the hopes that they will meet in the finals, and i'll be able to see who's truly the best team, run the sim again, etc. The only problem is that the default teams that are already there upon customizing what teams are in the league are so OP that sometimes the teams i'm actually interested end up not even making the playoffs (no joke), i'm wondering how you would set up a scenario like this? could i for instance set up a scenario where the 10s stars are in the west and the 00s stars are in the east? is there some way to have the rest of the league essentially be a control group? would love to hear if this is possible, and in what way you would do it!

Btw if you're like me and mostly f*** around in Myleague, let me know some interesting experiments / scenarios that i can try out!

Rn i'm currently using the 2009 roster and forming the banana boat squad on the heat!

Pretty much anyway to influence the regular season is going to be pretty tedious :lol: MyLeague has a "Force Win" feature where you can guarantee that the team wins when you simulate the game, but I believe that is one game at a time. Very tedious. You can also control every team in the league and sabotage their rotations (bench the best players). If you have injuries off and there are no trades because you're controlling, the rotation should stick. 2k's sim can be really bad sometimes. So many of the Tim Duncan era Spurs teams end up in the lottery despite stacked rosters and coach.

Some fun scenarios in MyLeague is using the URR roster and stacking the league with only teams led by an MVP winner (01 76ers, 04 Wolves, 13 Heat, 11 Bulls, 86 celtics, etc). A classic option is starting a simulation right before or after an important draft class. 85, 96, 03, 09 are all pivotal points in league history. Other fun choices are recreating/changing history such as signing Tim Duncan to the Magic
Thunder Shaq

Postby rimjiggleman on Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:20 pm

Hey Thunder Shaq, incredible work on this. I remember being a kid, collecting cards and playing NBA Courtside and always thinking, "I wish I could do more with this." Your rosters are allowing me to live that out, and I'm immensely thankful for all of your (and everyone else who contributed's!) hard work.

I did want to report two little oddities I ran into while toolin' around with everything.

1) Dino Radja is invisible. I downloaded all the packs and everything looks and feels exactly as it should, except for that (I also had the Eddie Johnson problem, but your recent post in here fixed it). It was in the 1995-96, but when I went back to 1994-95 it was the same deal. He's the only one I'm noticing at the moment. This isn't urgent; since he was oft-injured I can realistically start my season with him on IR lol.

2) I flirted with the idea of starting a 1993-94 season but the Chicago Stadium dornas had a bit of a distracting problem where it would list four of the same sponsors followed by a different one as the fifth panel (hope I'm using the language right; I'm not a creator). I do like the dornas very much, and since I've committed to a 1995-96 I'm mostly just reporting this to your attention. I've play tested a ton of the courts and it's incredible what you all have done!

I'm going to be playing these for a very long time, and thank you for keeping this going.
rimjiggleman

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:42 pm

rimjiggleman wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq, incredible work on this. I remember being a kid, collecting cards and playing NBA Courtside and always thinking, "I wish I could do more with this." Your rosters are allowing me to live that out, and I'm immensely thankful for all of your (and everyone else who contributed's!) hard work.

I did want to report two little oddities I ran into while toolin' around with everything.

1) Dino Radja is invisible. I downloaded all the packs and everything looks and feels exactly as it should, except for that (I also had the Eddie Johnson problem, but your recent post in here fixed it). It was in the 1995-96, but when I went back to 1994-95 it was the same deal. He's the only one I'm noticing at the moment. This isn't urgent; since he was oft-injured I can realistically start my season with him on IR lol.

2) I flirted with the idea of starting a 1993-94 season but the Chicago Stadium dornas had a bit of a distracting problem where it would list four of the same sponsors followed by a different one as the fifth panel (hope I'm using the language right; I'm not a creator). I do like the dornas very much, and since I've committed to a 1995-96 I'm mostly just reporting this to your attention. I've play tested a ton of the courts and it's incredible what you all have done!

I'm going to be playing these for a very long time, and thank you for keeping this going.

Were you able to try the SYNC.BIN fix? If it didn't work I can just try to export the Radja cyberface. He, like Eddie Johnson aren't mods, but were added to the files later in the NBA 2k20 cycle.

I see what you mean about the 94 bulls dornas. Seems to be an issue specific to that arena because the others in the 94 season worked great
Thunder Shaq

Postby AstroNinjaBen on Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:45 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
AstroNinjaBen wrote:Hey TS, awesome work yet again, your rosters and draft classes have opened up a whole new world in deep simulation of different wacky scenarios in MyLeague and more!

Pretty much anyway to influence the regular season is going to be pretty tedious :lol: MyLeague has a "Force Win" feature where you can guarantee that the team wins when you simulate the game, but I believe that is one game at a time. Very tedious. You can also control every team in the league and sabotage their rotations (bench the best players). If you have injuries off and there are no trades because you're controlling, the rotation should stick. 2k's sim can be really bad sometimes. So many of the Tim Duncan era Spurs teams end up in the lottery despite stacked rosters and coach.

Some fun scenarios in MyLeague is using the URR roster and stacking the league with only teams led by an MVP winner (01 76ers, 04 Wolves, 13 Heat, 11 Bulls, 86 celtics, etc). A classic option is starting a simulation right before or after an important draft class. 85, 96, 03, 09 are all pivotal points in league history. Other fun choices are recreating/changing history such as signing Tim Duncan to the Magic

Thanks for the reply! Btw, is there a list somewhere of what years the default teams in the V2 ML roster are? i could probably figure it out by looking at the rosters, such as the cavs, which are obviously the 09-10 cavs because shaq is on the roster, for instance, but it might make it easier to have a list, so i know what all the default teams are!
AstroNinjaBen

Postby rapidrazoorkill on Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:09 pm

Hey shaq, do you have any idea how to change the jerseys for the usa vs world rookies game in the offseason?
rapidrazoorkill

Postby rimjiggleman on Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:54 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
rimjiggleman wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq, incredible work on this. I remember being a kid, collecting cards and playing NBA Courtside and always thinking, "I wish I could do more with this." Your rosters are allowing me to live that out, and I'm immensely thankful for all of your (and everyone else who contributed's!) hard work.

Were you able to try the SYNC.BIN fix? If it didn't work I can just try to export the Radja cyberface. He, like Eddie Johnson aren't mods, but were added to the files later in the NBA 2k20 cycle.

I see what you mean about the 94 bulls dornas. Seems to be an issue specific to that arena because the others in the 94 season worked great

I'm not entirely sure what the SYNC.BIN fix would be specifically (sorry, new to all this); I did try to just re-download the file in Step 18, overwrote my previous SYNC.BIN in the local folder, and everything is pretty spot on but Dino still isn't showing up, unfortunately.

As for the dornas, I'm not losing sleep over it. Heck if I decide to go back to that season the Bulls are moving out of there anyway, that'll just make a better case for it lol.
rimjiggleman

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:29 am

AstroNinjaBen wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Thanks for the reply! Btw, is there a list somewhere of what years the default teams in the V2 ML roster are? i could probably figure it out by looking at the rosters, such as the cavs, which are obviously the 09-10 cavs because shaq is on the roster, for instance, but it might make it easier to have a list, so i know what all the default teams are!

I have a video on the YouTube channel but it is a bit outdated. The easiest way is also downloading the URR V2 file. It's the same exact roster as the ML version, but it has the years attached to the default roster slots (it just can't be used in myleague)
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding