Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20:Thunder Shaq- Offline Test Roster Released!

Postby curro on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:03 am

Having created a great number of retro teams have you considered to do retro seasons? That would be great :D
curro

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:26 pm

curro wrote:Having created a great number of retro teams have you considered to do retro seasons? That would be great :D

I have done it in the past, I'm not 100% sure I will do it this year. I may release a 2011 season though
Thunder Shaq

Postby JollyHakDog on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
StefanDella wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:UPDATE:

I decided to switch the 1989 Hawks to the 1997 Hawks. Wilkins is still represented with the 1986 team.

[ Image ]
Simply amazing roster, really incredible! Huge effort you put in, impressive! Do you have any idea when the roster for MyLeague will be playable? Thanks again for the fantastic work

I’ve been working toward filling every team with 14 players so that they work for a season mode. You’re probably going to want to just run a single season when it’s released due to issues and probably crashing in later seasons. I’m aiming for sometime in December

added players to the teams i wanted to use since the max numver of teams in a league/season is 36 but it still crashes when im picking the teams :(. i think you need to have more current nba teams for it to work on season
JollyHakDog

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:46 am

I know that’s why I’m releasing a separate roster that works in season/blacktop. I wouldn’t even bother with a MyLeague because the free agency pool is going to be messed up and I’m not doing contracts for this roster
Thunder Shaq

Postby lucanaJR on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
curro wrote:Having created a great number of retro teams have you considered to do retro seasons? That would be great :D

I have done it in the past, I'm not 100% sure I will do it this year. I may release a 2011 season though

Please do include 2002-03 / 2003-04 / 2004-05 roster
thanks in advance...
lucanaJR

Postby Checkz on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:08 am

How to install it? I placed the Roster0002 in the Public Documents folder, but can't find the roster.
A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.

Checkz

Postby Sav713 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 am

hey shaq I noticed that your roster had fixed accessories for historic teams. Could you explain how you did it? is there an accessory section in cheat engine that Im not seeing?
Sav713

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am

Sav713 wrote:hey shaq I noticed that your roster had fixed accessories for historic teams. Could you explain how you did it? is there an accessory section in cheat engine that Im not seeing?

Can you give me an example? I did all regular accessories in the edit player menu, no cheat engine.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Sav713 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Sav713 wrote:hey shaq I noticed that your roster had fixed accessories for historic teams. Could you explain how you did it? is there an accessory section in cheat engine that Im not seeing?

Can you give me an example? I did all regular accessories in the edit player menu, no cheat engine.

a lot of the default classic teams didnt allow us to change accessory or sock color in uniform select. Somehow all of yours work. Im not complaining haha, im just curious how you did it. Im trying to figure out how to get the classic teams uniforms to work with MichaelvLutz mod, but i think the only way is to modify the files through Cheat Engine.
Sav713

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:54 am

Sav713 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

a lot of the default classic teams didnt allow us to change accessory or sock color in uniform select. Somehow all of yours work. Im not complaining haha, im just curious how you did it. Im trying to figure out how to get the classic teams uniforms to work with MichaelvLutz mod, but i think the only way is to modify the files through Cheat Engine.

Oh interesting. I’ve never run into a problem of them not working, maybe it was a mod you had downloaded?
Thunder Shaq

Postby Sav713 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:38 am

Love the roster. You can add classic shorts mod, and change short length to “long” to see the short shorts on classic uniforms.

Have you figured out a way to assign courts to teams without having to overwrite current day courts? Some people mentioned that on the nba hook thread. I don’t want to override present day courts because I still play with current teams, but I do want to add some courts. I’m using a lot of the 2k19 92 season project courts for your roster. They work great. .
Sav713

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:03 am

When i made the courts, the hook wasnt supporting yet that amazing feature.
So with Thunder Shaq, we decide to use the slot of many floors.
Basicly, you just have to rename URR floors ID and use the IDs of your choice if you really want to keep current floors.
sticky-fingers

Postby Sav713 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:26 am

sticky-fingers wrote:When i made the courts, the hook wasnt supporting yet that amazing feature.
So with Thunder Shaq, we decide to use the slot of many floors.
Basicly, you just have to rename URR floors ID and use the IDs of your choice if you really want to keep current floors.

Is this done through cheat engine or nba hook ? I remember being able to do something similar on cheat engine last year.
Sav713

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:53 am

You have to rename the files with Windows explorer.
Then i guess You can specify the New floor name with the hook. I havent try yet but i think it works that way.
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:40 am

Can someone go in and extract the current Dwight Howard cyberface files before the patch arrives on PC? Looks like they are changing his hair and it will totally ruin his look for the Magic. The 2k17 explorer isn’t working for me right now
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:40 am

got it ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 am

sticky-fingers wrote:got it ;)

Thank you :bowdown2: I will release it in an updated download pack whenever the newest patch (that changes Dwight) releases on PC.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Sorry, I haven't made much progress the past couple weeks. I have been spending more time on other projects/games. I hope to jump back in this now and continue to update the roster.

One new thing is I was able to update some coaches to use their actual cyberface in the game files. This is NOT updated in the most recent online upload because I've also found a cyberface for Mehmet Okur that won't show up until I provide the file (I don't want to make the 08 Jazz/04 Pistons unusable).

Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Hey T-Shaq, any news about playbook & tendencies.
It really hurts me on 2K20 how the AI plays :shock:
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:53 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Hey T-Shaq, any news about playbook & tendencies.
It really hurts me on 2K20 how the AI plays :shock:

I’m not sure just yet. I don’t really use a lot of plays (I probably should), so I’m not sure if I’d be able to correctly make those needed edits
Thunder Shaq

Postby I_am_JD on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi, Bobby Simmons of Milwaukee Bucks is not showing up. What is his Face ID/Cyber ID? Still, excellent job on this project.
I_am_JD

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 am

I_am_JD wrote:Hi, Bobby Simmons of Milwaukee Bucks is not showing up. What is his Face ID/Cyber ID? Still, excellent job on this project.

His face should be in the mod pack. If he isn't showing up. Try closing your game and starting it again. Sometimes the mods don't always show up
Thunder Shaq

Postby paleozoic on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:14 am

is it supposed to work right away after dragging files over or do I need to enable something ?
paleozoic

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:35 am

paleozoic wrote:is it supposed to work right away after dragging files over or do I need to enable something ?

I'm not 100% sure. If it still doesn't show up after restarting the game, then make sure you have hook installed and you are putting these modded files in the modded folder
Thunder Shaq

Postby I_am_JD on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Tried that. Unfortunately it is still not showing up. Also, I tried New Jersey Nets teams and the courts are Brooklyn Nets. Maybe missing the NJ court as well. Thanks.
I_am_JD

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding