Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: Working MyLeague Roster Uploaded

Postby sinco45 on Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

hmccoy71 wrote:I freakin love these rosters, my dude. Any player that has a female profile pic is invisible for me though.

that happened to me too, how I fix it is downloading the Ultimate Retro Roster mod and put it in the waigua files that should fix it
sinco45

Postby FleeceKelly on Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 am

hey im new here and the last 2K i played on Pc was 2K12 when the Ultimate Base Roster was out. I basically want to know if i can disable all the features of the roster and files without deleting them if i wanted to go back to normal for a bit to try out different mods etc.
FleeceKelly

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 am

FleeceKelly wrote:hey im new here and the last 2K i played on Pc was 2K12 when the Ultimate Base Roster was out. I basically want to know if i can disable all the features of the roster and files without deleting them if i wanted to go back to normal for a bit to try out different mods etc.

As far as disabling the mods, you just need to change the title of the waigua folder. Add anything to the name, such as “waigua1” and the game won’t recognize.
Thunder Shaq

Postby FleeceKelly on Fri May 15, 2020 6:13 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
FleeceKelly wrote:hey im new here and the last 2K i played on Pc was 2K12 when the Ultimate Base Roster was out. I basically want to know if i can disable all the features of the roster and files without deleting them if i wanted to go back to normal for a bit to try out different mods etc.

As far as disabling the mods, you just need to change the title of the waigua folder. Add anything to the name, such as “waigua1” and the game won’t recognize.

Thank you, never throught of that. And great work on the project as well.
FleeceKelly

Postby fescanlar127 on Sun May 17, 2020 8:27 am

I've been loving the roster for the past couple months. I've been wondering, however, if there's a way to change back logos for some teams like the Mavs for when I'm playing with a current roster instead. For some reason they have the '88 logo. Is the logo controlled by the roster file or by a file in the waigua folder?
fescanlar127

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun May 17, 2020 3:59 pm

fescanlar127 wrote:I've been loving the roster for the past couple months. I've been wondering, however, if there's a way to change back logos for some teams like the Mavs for when I'm playing with a current roster instead. For some reason they have the '88 logo. Is the logo controlled by the roster file or by a file in the waigua folder?

You can either remove logo017.iff from the waigua or remove the whole folder if you want to use regular teams
Thunder Shaq

Postby kg111 on Mon May 18, 2020 1:37 am

Any alternate links to download the mod. Mediafire is downloading this for 50kb/s
kg111

Postby StopYourself on Mon May 18, 2020 9:28 am

I really appreciate the work that's gone into this mod, and I'd love to use it, but I'm having some trouble. Maybe someone can help.

I don't have any other mods or files loaded. Just this mod/hook etc.

When I try to create a MyLeague (either custom or just start using current teams), my game crashes. I just spent too long populating the league divisions with the teams I wanted, and when I got to choose my team and start the season/league, it just crashes.

So then I tried just starting with current teams. Same thing.

I have the latest graphics drivers. I've verified integrity of game files. I've restarted my computer after the crash. And the same thing happens. Before this, I didn't have any issues running a MyLeague or games or any issues with crashes, so it's baffling me.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) or what solution there is. Thanks for any help.
StopYourself

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon May 18, 2020 9:37 am

StopYourself wrote:I really appreciate the work that's gone into this mod, and I'd love to use it, but I'm having some trouble. Maybe someone can help.

When I try to create a MyLeague (either custom or just start using current teams), my game crashes. I just spent too long populating the league divisions with the teams I wanted, and when I got to choose my team and start the season/league, it just crashes.

I have the latest graphics drivers. I've verified integrity of game files. I've restarted my computer after the crash. And the same thing happens. Before this, I didn't have any issues running a MyLeague or games or any issues with crashes, so it's baffling me.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) or what solution there is. Thanks for any help.

It is just an issue with the game not being able to handle all the customization that went into this roster. Your best bet is using the MyLeague roster. I am told that isn't a perfect fix either when trying to customize the league it may crash from time to time. I don't think there are any other rosters of this size out there so I don't have anyone that may know a fix.
Thunder Shaq

Postby StopYourself on Mon May 18, 2020 10:05 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
StopYourself wrote:I really appreciate the work that's gone into this mod, and I'd love to use it, but I'm having some trouble. Maybe someone can help.

It is just an issue with the game not being able to handle all the customization that went into this roster. Your best bet is using the MyLeague roster. I am told that isn't a perfect fix either when trying to customize the league it may crash from time to time. I don't think there are any other rosters of this size out there so I don't have anyone that may know a fix.

Okay. Yes, I was using the MyLeague roster version/download. Even just using current teams without any customization, it crashed. I guess I will keep trying -- just frustrating when there seem to be so many other people who are using it just fine for MyLeague. Is anyone else here actually using it for MyLeague with success? What's your secret?

One more question: if I use a different roster, will all of the cyberfaces/courts/etc still work or is that only for your roster when its loaded?

Thanks!
StopYourself

Postby fescanlar127 on Mon May 18, 2020 11:06 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
fescanlar127 wrote:I've been loving the roster for the past couple months. I've been wondering, however, if there's a way to change back logos for some teams like the Mavs for when I'm playing with a current roster instead. For some reason they have the '88 logo. Is the logo controlled by the roster file or by a file in the waigua folder?

You can either remove logo017.iff from the waigua or remove the whole folder if you want to use regular teams

Okay excellent, I didn't see the logo__.iff files. Will probably just use JSGME to quickly switch between. Thank you for your awesome work!
fescanlar127

Postby StopYourself on Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 pm

I opened up the MyLeague roster version and was just playing around. I traded someone from 91 Bulls to 95 Bulls (swapped players). And then I tried to save the roster.

The game gave me a warning that Portland Trailblazers did not have 14 players on the roster (required). And that if a MyLeague was created, did I want the CPU to automatically assign/fill the roster.

So then I took someone from another team and put them on the Trailblazers. Then it gave me the message that 2 teams didn't have 14 required players. Not sure which two yet (but I'm assuming one of them is the team who I took someone from to put onto Portland).

Could this 14-player requirement be the reason that MyLeague is crashing when trying to start? (Even though I'm not using Portland as a team, could that still matter?)
StopYourself

Postby Ksean36 on Tue May 19, 2020 9:07 am

StopYourself wrote:I opened up the MyLeague roster version and was just playing around. I traded someone from 91 Bulls to 95 Bulls (swapped players). And then I tried to save the roster.

The game gave me a warning that Portland Trailblazers did not have 14 players on the roster (required). And that if a MyLeague was created, did I want the CPU to automatically assign/fill the roster.

So then I took someone from another team and put them on the Trailblazers. Then it gave me the message that 2 teams didn't have 14 required players. Not sure which two yet (but I'm assuming one of them is the team who I took someone from to put onto Portland).

Could this 14-player requirement be the reason that MyLeague is crashing when trying to start? (Even though I'm not using Portland as a team, could that still matter?)

I'm having the exact same issue. Game keeps crashing and I'm getting the same Portland player message when trying to use the ultimate roster.
Ksean36

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue May 19, 2020 11:07 am

no it isn't that because other versions have had them at 14 players and it didn't make a difference
Thunder Shaq

Postby Giften on Tue May 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi Thunder Shaq you're roster is great :bowdown: :bowdown: I install and workly perfectly Thank you :D

One question: When i tried to change short length (1 to 10) for example Micheal Jordan Dream team...they blocked :( In option menu...I change 1 2 3 4 etc but the lenght is always 4 or 5 (it depend)....But if i can change other player, Jordan 96 Bulls the lenght of short change normally in option....

Do you have any solution? (The example is on Jordan dream team but this situation is also other player of your roster)
Giften

Postby genoboy on Wed May 20, 2020 4:27 pm

The last NBA video game i played was NBA Live 99. I quit following NBA after MJ retired from Bulls. After watching "The Last Dance" recently. I decided to pick up a NBA simulation video game to relive my childhood joy of following MJ and the Bulls entire journey from 1991 to 1998.

So i just bought NBA 2K20 on steam, still going through the tutorials. This is how i hope to customize the game:

1) Play using team Chicago Bulls, starting in year 1990-1991 season.
2) the entire NBA roster is that of season 1990-1991 season, not just my team Bulls
3) all players faces to be accurate as of season 1990-1991
4) all players to wear the exact shoes as of season 1990-1991
5) all players to wear the exact same jerseys as of season 1990-1991
6) all teams to have the same teams logos as of season 1990-1991
7) all team courts to have same aesthetics, including center court logo, advertising decals on the court boards etc, as of season 1990-1991

Question A: i have successfully installed your roster. much of the teams of season 90-91 are missing. Are there plans or are there other rosters i can download to get the missing teams of season 90-91?
Question B: is there anyway that i can build from your roster to create the missing teams? how do i do that?
Question C: on MyLeague mode, how can i start my 1st season from 90-91 instead of day 1 of season 2019-2020? any mod to do that?
genoboy

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 am

Giften wrote:Hi Thunder Shaq you're roster is great :bowdown: :bowdown: I install and workly perfectly Thank you :D

One question: When i tried to change short length (1 to 10) for example Micheal Jordan Dream team...they blocked :( In option menu...I change 1 2 3 4 etc but the lenght is always 4 or 5 (it depend)....But if i can change other player, Jordan 96 Bulls the lenght of short change normally in option....

Do you have any solution? (The example is on Jordan dream team but this situation is also other player of your roster)

The default for the Dream team is short, there isn’t an adjustment. The jersey was not created by me, so I don’t have a fix. Some shorts will show up as short but you can adjust it. They just won’t show up in the edit player screen
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu May 21, 2020 5:28 am

genoboy wrote:The last NBA video game i played was NBA Live 99. I quit following NBA after MJ retired from Bulls. After watching "The Last Dance" recently. I decided to pick up a NBA simulation video game to relive my childhood joy of following MJ and the Bulls entire journey from 1991 to 1998.

So i just bought NBA 2K20 on steam, still going through the tutorials. This is how i hope to customize the game:

1) Play using team Chicago Bulls, starting in year 1990-1991 season.
2) the entire NBA roster is that of season 1990-1991 season, not just my team Bulls
3) all players faces to be accurate as of season 1990-1991
4) all players to wear the exact shoes as of season 1990-1991
5) all players to wear the exact same jerseys as of season 1990-1991
6) all teams to have the same teams logos as of season 1990-1991
7) all team courts to have same aesthetics, including center court logo, advertising decals on the court boards etc, as of season 1990-1991

Question A: i have successfully installed your roster. much of the teams of season 90-91 are missing. Are there plans or are there other rosters i can download to get the missing teams of season 90-91?
Question B: is there anyway that i can build from your roster to create the missing teams? how do i do that?
Question C: on MyLeague mode, how can i start my 1st season from 90-91 instead of day 1 of season 2019-2020? any mod to do that?

It would take quite a bit of work to turn my roster into a 90-91 roster. You’re better off just making that from scratch or using other rosters in the community as a base
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 am

dmx_133 will release a full 1989-90 mod.

for MJ's shorts, i think it's related to jersey/short model. Some models have 2 lenghts, some only 1.
and the model you use has only 1.
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 am

True, the 89-90 roster is going to get very close to what you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108680
Thunder Shaq

Postby genoboy on Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:True, the 89-90 roster is going to get very close to what you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108680

thanks guys, i have subscribed to dmx's thread, indeed something very close to what i wanted.
genoboy

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon May 25, 2020 6:58 am

Very small update here. Gave Courtney Lee his facemask from the 2009 Playoffs. Feel free to download it for the roster if you like it!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eg4l9iapx ... 09.7z/file

Thunder Shaq

Postby YJS2K on Tue May 26, 2020 11:55 am

Big fan of what you've been able to create with these rosters, Thunder Shaq. But I have a question: is there any way I can combine your retro MyLeague roster with the official 2K roster? I'm trying to create a MyLeague with a mix of current and historic teams atm. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
YJS2K

Postby icikle21 on Tue May 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Thunder Shaq, great job with this file. Outstanding stuff, probably the best roster out there for both PC and PS4.

Just one quick idea on the potential reason for crashing. I noticed that you have just a handful of Free Agents in the roster. I think you need to have a bunch of them if you want the MyLeague to run properly, at least 30 or so if I remember right. I say this from PS4 experience. Any roster with a handful of FAs would crash in MyLeague because there are not enough players to populate G-League, etc. So, maybe that would help you fix your MyLeague roster.

Maybe try adding random guys to the FA and see if that works. I have not had the time to do this yet but I will try as well. The other reason could be too may players in the roster file. I have had both issues give me problems on PS4 and both need to be watched.

Anyhow, nice work again.

icikle
icikle21

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue May 26, 2020 11:21 pm

icikle21 wrote:Thunder Shaq, great job with this file. Outstanding stuff, probably the best roster out there for both PC and PS4.

Just one quick idea on the potential reason for crashing. I noticed that you have just a handful of Free Agents in the roster. I think you need to have a bunch of them if you want the MyLeague to run properly, at least 30 or so if I remember right. I say this from PS4 experience. Any roster with a handful of FAs would crash in MyLeague because there are not enough players to populate G-League, etc. So, maybe that would help you fix your MyLeague roster.

Maybe try adding random guys to the FA and see if that works. I have not had the time to do this yet but I will try as well. The other reason could be too may players in the roster file. I have had both issues give me problems on PS4 and both need to be watched.

Anyhow, nice work again.

icikle

I thought that was the case too as it was often the reason for crashing when I made rosters for XBox. Unfortunately that isn’t the reason as I’ve gotten it to work with no free agents. It just struggles with custom league and idk the reason
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding