NBA 2K20 CF Converter tool (official) + Full Tutorial RLSD 11-20!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Cyberface Conversions to NBA 2K20 || 10-3 ~ Conversion Tool Beta RLSD! ||

Postby connseanery on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:46 am

maumau78 wrote:@trevor

[ Image ]

It worked all the afternoon...why I'm getting this now in blender?
What I miss? It worked for hours and now I'm getting this problem :-(

EDIT:In game only converted players show up...but in Blender it shows both.....

Is this what you are saying, that you see both the 2k20 base and the 2kXX model together in blender? Now when I open the converted .SCNE I believe I'm seeing both also. 4 ears, etc.
connseanery

Postby maumau78 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:12 pm

connseanery wrote:

[ Image ]

Is this what you are saying, that you see both the 2k20 base and the 2kXX model together in blender? Now when I open the converted .SCNE I believe I'm seeing both also. 4 ears, etc.

In game everything is just fine becouse "old" base face mesh is just part of the hidden group.

On blender I see them both....not sure if this is fine or not but ingame is just perfect (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:14 pm

In response to what @maumau78 and @connseanery have brought up regarding seeing both players in Blender...

Again I apologize. I forgot to include one important step in the guide I posted. I re-uploaded it so go back and look at it for the updated guide. In so many words, the step I did not include this morning is where you go into Edit Mode, select the "UNUSED_2K20" vertex group, and shrink it to exactly ZERO (essentially reducing it to a single point).

You may be wondering why the base player's headshape etc. gets left in... It CAN be deleted entirely from the file but the game does not respond well to the actual deletion of vertices when it comes to the head. The game does not like it when you mess up the order of things in that manner. If you do, it will produce something along the lines of this picture below from encountering the same issue last year with 2K19 conversions.

I don't know how much you guys care about the nitty gritty here - but in the model file, there are 10 different sections with different types of vertex data in the model file that when parts of it are omitted, it causes problems. However, if all that data is left in there, we can instead ensure that it doesn't show up by indicating in the SCNE file that it is part of the "hidden_shader" group - which includes the hips and the feet areas. And as the name implies, these parts are invisible. So technically the vertices themselves are still there, but that's all they are... A group of invisible vertices. By shrinking them as I described above, that also reduces them to a single point and gets them out of the way for any potential edits in Blender.
trevorjpt33

Postby maumau78 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:18 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:In response to what @maumau78 and @connseanery have brought up regarding seeing both players in Blender...

Again I apologize. I forgot to include one important step in the guide I posted. I re-uploaded it so go back and look at it for the updated guide. In so many words, the step I did not include this morning is where you go into Edit Mode, select the "UNUSED_2K20" vertex group, and shrink it to exactly ZERO (essentially reducing it to a single point).

You may be wondering why the base player's headshape etc. gets left in... It CAN be deleted entirely from the file but the game does not respond well to the actual deletion of vertices when it comes to the head. The game does not like it when you mess up the order of things in that manner. If you do, it will produce something along the lines of this picture below from encountering the same issue last year with 2K19 conversions.

I don't know how much you guys care about the nitty gritty here - but in the model file, there are 10 different sections with different types of vertex data in the model file that when parts of it are omitted, it causes problems. However, if all that data is left in there, we can instead ensure that it doesn't show up by indicating in the SCNE file that it is part of the "hidden_shader" group - which includes the hips and the feet areas. And as the name implies, these parts are invisible. So technically the vertices themselves are still there, but that's all they are... A group of invisible vertices. By shrinking them as I described above, that also reduces them to a single point and gets them out of the way for any potential edits in Blender.

Thanks for explanation.....as reported above in-game is just fine (I think becouse it belongs to "hidden" group so it's not even rendered) (Y)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby connseanery on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:31 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:In response to what @maumau78 and @connseanery have brought up regarding seeing both players in Blender...

[ Image ]

Thanks for the explanation. I went ahead and scaled down the UNUSED_2K20 vertex group and then exported the .model

I continued following the instructions and copied things over to the face and png .iff files. However when i try to look at the converted CF, things look totally messed up. The head and whole body (warped) are floating outside the uniform.

Any suggestions on where I might have gone wrong? Things look normal when looking at the converted SCNE/.model in blender.
connseanery

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:12 pm

connseanery wrote:

[ Image ]

Thanks for the explanation. I went ahead and scaled down the UNUSED_2K20 vertex group and then exported the .model

I continued following the instructions and copied things over to the face and png .iff files. However when i try to look at the converted CF, things look totally messed up. The head and whole body (warped) are floating outside the uniform.

Any suggestions on where I might have gone wrong? Things look normal when looking at the converted SCNE/.model in blender.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in game?
trevorjpt33

Postby connseanery on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
connseanery wrote:

[ Image ]

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in game?

https://imgur.com/a/hazMkDd
I think this is the way it is supposed to look in blender. It is has the 2k18 face and the 2k20 base body. I scaled down the 2k20 head as suggested, did a few body edits, and exported the .model

So to build the new face & png files, the only thing I kept was the 2k20 base .mathnode file. I copied everything else from the 2k18 face & png files and then copied over the converted hihead.SCNE (with the material, prim section from the 2k18 template) and the exported .model file

This is what it looks like in game
https://imgur.com/a/2MjeYO2

One thing I noticed was the original 2k18 png has other .model files in it. If I don't add those to the final png, the game can't load up any render at all. If I go to edit player, the game will just hang try to read it.
Last edited by connseanery on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
connseanery

Postby maumau78 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:19 pm

@trevorjpt33 I've converted 2k19-18 CF without any issues...do you plan to put a tutorial for 2k17->2k20 conversion?

Thanks again for hard work!!!
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bjama82 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi, any chance to have a reverse tool?
2k20~>2k19 i mean...
Thanks
Bjama82

Postby ilja23mia on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:32 pm

i have over 300 body edits and cyberfaces from last year would be cool if someone could convert them they are all paid mods
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby laroche23 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:15 am

maumau78 wrote:@trevorjpt33 I've converted 2k19-18 CF without any issues...do you plan to put a tutorial for 2k17->2k20 conversion?

Can someone explain how to do the conversion from 20 to 17?
laroche23

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 am

connseanery wrote:https://imgur.com/a/hazMkDd
I think this is the way it is supposed to look in blender. It is has the 2k18 face and the 2k20 base body. I scaled down the 2k20 head as suggested, did a few body edits, and exported the .model

So to build the new face & png files, the only thing I kept was the 2k20 base .mathnode file. I copied everything else from the 2k18 face & png files and then copied over the converted hihead.SCNE (with the material, prim section from the 2k18 template) and the exported .model file

One thing I noticed was the original 2k18 png has other .model files in it. If I don't add those to the final png, the game can't load up any render at all. If I go to edit player, the game will just hang try to read it.

Hmm so it sounds like you are doing everything right as far as each of the steps. With the other model files in the 2K18 png archive, I imagine those would be hair and/or facial hair (.SCNE) files and their matching (.model) files. For those, you would want to also copy them into the converted png archive along with any files that say hair_color, hair_tangent, etc. But if those other model files you are referring to have LODShape in their names, those you would not need.

What you're seeing in the Edit Player screen seems to be something with the model skeleton. I'm not exactly sure what could have gone wrong but at this point the best help I can be is to take a look at your files myself and see if I see anything.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:36 am

maumau78 wrote:@trevorjpt33 I've converted 2k19-18 CF without any issues...do you plan to put a tutorial for 2k17->2k20 conversion?

Yes, absolutely. I plan on covering the conversions process for each of the 3 games (17, 18, 19). With the 2K17 process specifically, I figured writing the directions down wouldn't do it justice and it would be difficult to follow, as I think that it's something I actually need to show you via video.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:56 am

Bjama82 wrote:Hi, any chance to have a reverse tool?
2k20~>2k19 i mean...
Thanks

While I will look into converting FROM 2K20 at some point I am still focused on the official release of the conversion tool I've been working on that converts players TO 2K20.

Though I wish there was such a thing as a "reverse" tool to convert back into other games, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way. With each game you convert into, everything the tool does is centered around that game - the way the files are packaged/named, the geometry counts of that game's models, etc. Although I don't want to make any promises, I definitely wouldn't rule out making another 2K19 specific tool.
ilja23mia wrote:i have over 300 body edits and cyberfaces from last year would be cool if someone could convert them they are all paid mods

Unless you are able to find someone else willing to do so, I personally am not a supporter of paid mods and don't want anything to do with them so I wouldn't be willing to. Otherwise, you would need to attempt it yourself once I put out the tutorial.
trevorjpt33

Postby connseanery on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:21 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:

Hmm so it sounds like you are doing everything right as far as each of the steps. With the other model files in the 2K18 png archive, I imagine those would be hair and/or facial hair (.SCNE) files and their matching (.model) files. For those, you would want to also copy them into the converted png archive along with any files that say hair_color, hair_tangent, etc. But if those other model files you are referring to have LODShape in their names, those you would not need.

What you're seeing in the Edit Player screen seems to be something with the model skeleton. I'm not exactly sure what could have gone wrong but at this point the best help I can be is to take a look at your files myself and see if I see anything.

Appreciate you taking the time. I know you're very busy but it might be a good idea to take a look at this as others make encounter similar issues.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/16nxgvpt ... 0.zip/file
It has the 2k18 files and one of the 2k20 base files I've tested with. I've tried multiple base files but same result.
connseanery

Postby RKJ2k on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 am

Off Topic...
Will you add separate files for headband, glasses, etc in your tool for player to have it activated permanently in the future? just like in 2k19.
Thanks for the hard work.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
accepting kind donation: https://www.paypal.me/rkjmods
SUBSCRIBE my Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/2DNwwjS
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RKJzomBiemods
RKJ2k

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:13 pm

connseanery wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

Appreciate you taking the time. I know you're very busy but it might be a good idea to take a look at this as others make encounter similar issues.

It has the 2k18 files and one of the 2k20 base files I've tested with. I've tried multiple base files but same result.

I tried converting it myself. Is this what you expected to see with a successful conversion?
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:18 pm

RKJ2k wrote:Off Topic...
Will you add separate files for headband, glasses, etc in your tool for player to have it activated permanently in the future? just like in 2k19.
Thanks for the hard work.

Are you referring to the 3D Accessory tool from last year? If so, it should work completely fine in 2K20 - it was designed to work in any game from 2K17 on up.

Also if so, I assume you're asking about the folder of 3D accessories for 2K19 that I uploaded along with the tool - I can upload a similar folder with the accessories for 2K20, although I believe the ones from 2K19 should still work in 2K20.
trevorjpt33

Postby connseanery on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
connseanery wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

I tried converting it myself. Is this what you expected to see with a successful conversion?
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Yes, no problems at all? could you please let me know what you used as the base and i'll try it again. Thank you.
connseanery

Postby connseanery on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 pm

[ Image ]

I want to share this...since we need a 2k20 base I strongly suggest to use a "Dynamic" base...not every png are like png2061 where you can adjust thin/thick in appareance.RDAT file and you see meshes adapt directly:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

...example is for legs but you can do it also for arms or body.....

You can use another png....but if not dynamic maybe you hace to use Blender to refine the mesh....while with dynamic you get a better rersult IMHO.

Quick question. If the "dynamic" base appearance_RDAT file affects the body instead of sersey, where is it that you adjust the jersey fit? Thanks
connseanery

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:32 pm

connseanery wrote:Yes, no problems at all? could you please let me know what you used as the base and i'll try it again. Thank you.

I think what may have caused the issue is with the 2K20 base file you used, inside the hihead.SCNE file you cleared out the LOD stuff at the bottom of the file but you didn't actually delete all of the sections within the hihead.SCNE file that have LOD information in them.

I should have emphasized this more when I put the beta out that before dragging in the hihead.SCNE file to the tool's directory, make sure all LOD related info is cleared out. In order to avoid any issues when the tool reads through it and when the game reads it.

Here are the face and png archives I currently have in my Modded folder:
face1158.zip

png1158.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trevorjpt33

Postby eayanooz on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi guys, i was stuck at this step?
"6. At this point, you can also choose to shrinkwrap the body to the original player’s model if
you would like (this is recommended), from whichever previous game that you chose.".

I am already done with 1-5 steps. Here where i stop:

https://ibb.co/dQqkzYC

How can I proceed with this? I am a newbie for the blender part. Hope you can help me with this. TIA :)
eayanooz

Postby connseanery on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
connseanery wrote:Yes, no problems at all? could you please let me know what you used as the base and i'll try it again. Thank you.

I think what may have caused the issue is with the 2K20 base file you used, inside the hihead.SCNE file you cleared out the LOD stuff at the bottom of the file but you didn't actually delete all of the sections within the hihead.SCNE file that have LOD information in them.

I should have emphasized this more when I put the beta out that before dragging in the hihead.SCNE file to the tool's directory, make sure all LOD related info is cleared out. In order to avoid any issues when the tool reads through it and when the game reads it.

Here are the face and png archives I currently have in my Modded folder:
face1158.zip

png1158.zip

Thanks for testing it out. Those files I attached were unedited by me.

I tried it again and it worked fine. Not removing the LOD stuff prior to running the executable was what was causing the bad conversion. Previously I did remove the LOD sections but was during the same time as adding the MATERIAL, PRIM sections from the template.

Another real quick question. For some models the appearance_info.RDAT file manipulates body part sizes as opposed to the jersey. In those cases, where is it that the jersey fit can be adjusted?
connseanery

Postby connseanery on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:52 am

eayanooz wrote:Hi guys, i was stuck at this step?
"6. At this point, you can also choose to shrinkwrap the body to the original player’s model if
you would like (this is recommended), from whichever previous game that you chose.".

I am already done with 1-5 steps. Here where i stop:

https://ibb.co/dQqkzYC

How can I proceed with this? I am a newbie for the blender part. Hope you can help me with this. TIA :)

That step is only if you want your conversion to have its original body. Here's a shrinkwrap tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPSUFccyfs

If your conversions don't look right in the game, you may need to remove the LOD sections from the 2k20 base hihead.SCNE file prior to running the conversion .exe Here's a tutorial about it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OpCrvj ... EtnJY/view
Last edited by connseanery on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
connseanery

Postby Bjama82 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:53 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Bjama82 wrote:Hi, any chance to have a reverse tool?
2k20~>2k19 i mean...
Thanks

While I will look into converting FROM 2K20 at some point I am still focused on the official release of the conversion tool I've been working on that converts players TO 2K20.

Though I wish there was such a thing as a "reverse" tool to convert back into other games, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way. With each game you convert into, everything the tool does is centered around that game - the way the files are packaged/named, the geometry counts of that game's models, etc. Although I don't want to make any promises, I definitely wouldn't rule out making another 2K19 specific tool.
ilja23mia wrote:i have over 300 body edits and cyberfaces from last year would be cool if someone could convert them they are all paid mods

Unless you are able to find someone else willing to do so, I personally am not a supporter of paid mods and don't want anything to do with them so I wouldn't be willing to. Otherwise, you would need to attempt it yourself once I put out the tutorial.

thank you
Bjama82

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding