(RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

(RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops

Postby RobDavis on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:25 am

phpBB [video]

This is a Fictional College Hoops Roster/Mod that NOW features 140 college teams. The art, jerseys, crowds, courts, arenas and more are all included. This Roster/Mod was meant for use with MyLeague but play now works as well after loading the roster. I personally like to load a myleague pick my teams and do a player lock and simulate a college career.

NEW UPDATE RELEASED
The update has been released and the files are now available on my mediafire page. Please remember you have to re-download the roster "MM2K20" from 2kshare under my username "RobDavis". This update Adds 51 additional teams to the Mod. Look for the College Hoops 2K20 Update folder. Open it and download the zip. Unzip and drag everything into your modded folder. If it asks you do you want to replace files click replace. This update also includes fixes so there are files to replace.

What teams are Included?
College Hoops Team List 1-140

Settings
FOG: Turn off Volumetric Lighting to remove fog in the arenas.
Shot Clock Glow: Turn off Bloom to remove shot clock glow on the baskets.
Bright Arenas: If the arenas are still to bright you will need to add the default lighting. Look on the mediafire page for "Default Lighting For Arenas". You will need to copy the 2 default files into every arena archive. All the arena archives begin with sxxx.iff. You can use 7zip and right click and open each archive then drag and drop these files into each. Do that for all 135 arena files.

Installation
Start here by visiting this link: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2vnmj2t ... Hoops_2K20

The link will now open a media fire page with the Fictional College Hoops Directory. Inside this directory you will find the folders for all the mod files. We will be downloading the files unzipping them and placing them into the modded folder in our NBA 2K Directory.

**MANDATORY**If you do not have the mod plugin or Looyh 2K hook I added both to the download page. Look for "Mod Plugin and Hook" Unzip and place everything in your 2k directory. The waigua folder is your "modded" folder this is were you will be putting all the mod files.

1. Download the NBA2K.exe. Place this in your NBA 2K directory and replace the file that currently there. Please make a backup of your current exe.
2. Download the Main files (Main Files.rar) unzip and place all of these files in your modded folder.
3. Download the Arena files (Arenas Pt. 1-6.rar) then unzip each part and place all of these files in your modded folder.
4. Download the Crowds file (Crowds.rar) unzip and place all of these files in your modded folder.
5. Download the Dornas file (Dornas.rar) unzip and place the dornas folder in your modded folder.
6. Download the Floors file (Floors.rar) unzip and place all of these files in your modded folder.
7. Download the Jerseys file (Jerseys.rar) unzip and place all of the folders and files in your modded folder.
8. Download the CBS Presentation file [includes the scoreboard] (CBS Presentation.rar) unzip and place these files in your modded folder.
9. Download the Logos file (Logos.rar) unzip and place these files in your modded folder.
9a. Look for the College Hoops 2K20 Update folder. Open it and download the zip. Unzip and drag everything into your modded folder. Replace any files if it ask.
10. Download the No Overlays (https://bit.ly/2BbWRcw) and the No NBA Logos files and the unzip and place these files in your modded folder. (This will remove more nba logos and stop certain overlays from popping up during gameplay over your custom scoreboards). This is OPTIONAL
11. Download the MyLeague Files (MyLeague Files.rar) unzip and place these folders and files in your modded folder. This is OPTIONAL and is only for people who will be replacing teams in MyLeague (These files will remove the extra nba logos that will be present when you do this) Follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYXoL9cM7as
11a. Download the MyLeague Practice Arena file if you want the default scrimmage arena in myleague. unzip and place these files in your modded folder. This is OPTIONAL
12. Download the Roster through 2k Share. Load the game and download my roster through 2k Share called MM2K20. You can search by the content name or my online ID Rob Davis

Your modded folder should look something like this https://bit.ly/2SmKLV7

Troubleshooting
Make sure you have the correct .exe (I provide the one you should use)
Make sure you have Loohy Hook installed (I provide this as well)
Jersey and Courts not showing up?? Try to re download the roster multiple times sometimes it gets corrupt.

March Madness Tournament (Playoffs)
There is a tournament court provided for when the playoffs arrive. Everything is located in the "March Madness Tournament" File. There are 4 files, 2 crowd files (crowd_000.iff & crowd_001.iff) 1 floor file (f000.iff) and 1 arena (s000.iff) file. When you are in the playoffs just rename 1 crowd, 1 floor and 1 arena to match the ID of the home team. Then rename the other crowd file to match the ID of the away team. The team list will have the all the ID numbers for reference.

For example if its playoffs with Alabama and Duke and Alabama is the home team, rename the files to f010.iff crowd_010.iff and s010.iff. Alabama team ID is 010. Then rename the other crowd file to crowd_000.iff for Duke since they are the away team. Just remember to back up your original mod files so you don't overwrite an actual college teams files.

Special Thanks
This project wouldn't be possible without them
Last edited by RobDavis on Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 61 times in total.
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Re: RobDavis Fictional College Hoops 2K20

Postby Shuajota on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:09 am

RobDavis wrote:I plan to port my College Hoops 2K19 mod over to 2K20 and maybe add more teams (100???) if there are more team slots. Good thing is all the art is done outside of any new teams, just need the CE Gods to come through and bless us once the game drops.

Great project
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby SexCurryBeats on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 am

Can't wait :bowdown:
SexCurryBeats
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:42 pm

New update in OP
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:24 am

Update 11/2

Currently finishing up the Fictional Roster hoping to release in a few weeks. The Real Roster is being worked on by Darriss2K20 If you would like to help with Caps you can work with him because he his spear heading that project. He is a member here you can also message him on twitter @Darris15k_ if you would like to help. The installation will be the same as last year and i'll have another update once its the week of release.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby darriss2K20 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:33 am

I'm going to be working on the real roster if there are any cap makers that would like to help let me know. Feel free to drop a message in the thread, you can contact me on twitter @Darris15k_
darriss2K20

Re: Released - (RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops 2K20

Postby RobDavis on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 am

Now released.....Check OP for links let me know if you have any issues after installing. Warning it is a lot to download (15GB)
Last edited by RobDavis on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Manni Live on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 am

Oh wow! congratulations on the release man! :applaud:

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby mking2 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am

Very nice thank you for all the hard work , I just have a question do the court files overwrite current courts?
mking2

Postby mking2 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am

Very nice thank you for all the hard work , I just have a question do the court files overwrite current courts?
mking2

Postby zondac12 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:51 am

awesome job, rob

did u get my pm? :mrgreen:
zondac12

Postby eirik on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm

This nice (Y)
eirik

Postby 49uncfan on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Can't wait to try this later
49uncfan

Postby RobDavis on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 am

Updated 1st post, I included 2 different options for arenas. There is a version 1 and version 2, each have different arena lighting. I would say version 1 is the default. Feel free to download one or the other or mix and match.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby zondac12 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:30 am

ill try to mix and match arenas when i get home, lol :mrgreen:
zondac12

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:27 am

Thanks for your hard work. Which patch .exe did you use? I have them all backed up so I don't want to redownload
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:38 am

TGsoGood wrote:Thanks for your hard work. Which patch .exe did you use? I have them all backed up so I don't want to redownload

Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 am

I added some more files to the mediafire page. There is a file named "Remove NBA Logos (Add to Modded folder)". Add these to your modded folder, they will remove more nba logos I was able to find that are used in some of the overlays throughout gameplay.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Beefi on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Hey man, I don't know if it's just my problem or what but. When I play as Georgia they default to the Classic Suns court. I checked the files and they are in the modded folder, I've retried downloading the roster again as well but no dice.
Beefi

Postby RobDavis on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Beefi wrote:Hey man, I don't know if it's just my problem or what but. When I play as Georgia they default to the Classic Suns court. I checked the files and they are in the modded folder, I've retried downloading the roster again as well but no dice.

Let me research this and see whats up...

Georgia's court is f636. Its working for me but you and someone else have the same issue. Im not sure whats going on, are you using Loohys Hook and the latest plugin? Try to go into 2ku freestyle and load the roster and select Georgia and see if the court loads. I don't know whats going on but this 2k is real weird with loading files. Sometimes files wont load and I have to restart.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Beefi on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:55 pm

RobDavis wrote:
Beefi wrote:Hey man, I don't know if it's just my problem or what but. When I play as Georgia they default to the Classic Suns court. I checked the files and they are in the modded folder, I've retried downloading the roster again as well but no dice.

Georgia's court is f636. Its working for me but you and someone else have the same issue. Im not sure whats going on, are you using Loohys Hook and the latest plugin? Try to go into 2ku freestyle and load the roster and select Georgia and see if the court loads. I don't know whats going on but this 2k is real weird with loading files. Sometimes files wont load and I have to restart.

Yup. I reinstalled Looyh's hook and the latest mod plugin, no dice. Tried loading 2KU with it still nothin, and I've restarted a few times just to make sure and the court didn't show up once.
Beefi

Postby RobDavis on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:34 am

Beefi wrote:
RobDavis wrote:

Yup. I reinstalled Looyh's hook and the latest mod plugin, no dice. Tried loading 2KU with it still nothin, and I've restarted a few times just to make sure and the court didn't show up once.

try just loading that court (f636.iff) and redownloading my roster. Let me know if it shows up for Georgia
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Beefi on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:21 pm

try just loading that court (f636.iff) and redownloading my roster. Let me know if it shows up for Georgia[/quote]

Unfortunately it didnt man, sorry.
Beefi

Postby RobDavis on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:49 am

Beefi wrote:try just loading that court (f636.iff) and redownloading my roster. Let me know if it shows up for Georgia

Unfortunately it didnt man, sorry.

Ok let me see if files are corrupt
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:32 am

Everyone Georgia should now be working..

Sorry but you have to re-download the roster. Had to swap an arena ID in Cheat Engine for it to work after uploading to 2KShare
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Next

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding