Blender Imp-Exp Script v0.97 [11/3 ~ Bug *Hopefully* Fixed]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Blender Imp-Exp Script v0.97 [11/3 ~ Bug *Hopefully* Fixed]

Postby voidjointx on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 pm

mjk2000 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:The update to the newest version (Blender 2.8) appears to be a pretty big one with lots of new features. Among these features is the ability to do what previously required the MultiEdit plugin - altering multiple objects in Edit Mode and Sculpt Mode at the same time (like all of the model LODs or the hair + headshape) - to name one.

The downside is that addons need to be updated to work in Blender 2.8. I was just curious how many of you intend to update your Blender version soon, and if it's really a big deal to anyone. Asking because if there is interest I can update our current Importer-Exporter script to work in Blender 2.8. I'll just wait until release day to confirm that the file formats haven't changed and that it'd be worth the while.

***** Download latest Blender Importer-Exporter script: Blender Importer-Exporter Script ******

Hi Trevor. Your plugin works for me (blender 2.82) perfectly when it comes to body shaping. But I have a problem importing and exporting hair and facialhair files. When importing hair and facialhair, a red error appears like in the picture https://imgur.com/a/7OPnPCJ
I can edit in sculpt mode, but I can't export them. Could you help me solve this problem?
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby retroman on Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:40 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:Thanx Trevor, again (Y) you already made a lot for the modding (Y)

No problem!

This is what it will look like (in Blender 2.82, at least). Everything will look same as before except at the top of the panel there is now a choice to click either "2K16" or "2K17+" model. Defaults to "2K17+"

[ Image ]

Why can't I get this to look like the picture or work? what am I doing incorrect?
retroman

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:59 am

retroman wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:Thanx Trevor, again (Y) you already made a lot for the modding (Y)

No problem!

This is what it will look like (in Blender 2.82, at least). Everything will look same as before except at the top of the panel there is now a choice to click either "2K16" or "2K17+" model. Defaults to "2K17+"

[ Image ]

Why can't I get this to look like the picture or work? what am I doing incorrect?

As far as the look, that picture is of a new version of the plugin that is in development and has yet to be released. In terms of it working, are you receiving an error?
trevorjpt33

Postby retroman on Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:23 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
retroman wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

No problem!

[ Image ]

As far as the look, that picture is of a new version of the plugin that is in development and has yet to be released. In terms of it working, are you receiving an error?

Yes Sir!
retroman

Postby jean loulou on Wed May 06, 2020 3:27 am

Hey everybody!

I hope everything is good for y'all!
I just registered to the NLSC Forum cause I'm trying to follow some tutorials on Youtube (from JaoSming or The Goods), or to find info by reading you on this forum but I'm unable to find answers to my questions.

I have "NBA 2k18" installed on my computer, I have "NBA 2k17 Explorer v0.50" and I have "Blender 2.79" and "Blender 2.82". I also has downloaded 2 folders "nba2k_tools" and "blender addons for 2k".

I succeeded to explore the NBA 2k18 game and export .iff files which contains .scne files such as "hihead.SCNE" or "jerseycloth.SCNE"

I succeeded to install the addon on Blender 2.79 (but not on Blender 2.82 but anyway...). I managed to import the "hihead.SCNE" mesh without any problem but as soon as I try with "jerseycloth.SCNE", I have a message error pointed the "models_2k.py" line 965...KeyError: 'Model'

So I have a question for everybody here...Could you confirm that we're able to import/export in Blender all the meshes from the game? and how we do?

Cause I need to be able to work on the 3D meshes of the Jerseys, the Shorts, the Socks, the Shoes, the accessories, the arenas etc...

I thank you in advance!

Peace and Respect from Paris - FRANCE.
jean loulou

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:44 am

@retroman if you could share a screenshot of the error you are receiving that would make it much easier for me to help you get it resolved

@jean loulou I PM'ed you with what I think might be happening
trevorjpt33

Postby MaKaaj on Fri May 08, 2020 7:21 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:@retroman if you could share a screenshot of the error you are receiving that would make it much easier for me to help you get it resolved

trevorjpt33 I have the same problem, can you tell how to solve it? Thank you.
MaKaaj

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 09, 2020 12:21 am

MaKaaj wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:@retroman if you could share a screenshot of the error you are receiving that would make it much easier for me to help you get it resolved

The problem that @retroman was referencing, or the problem that @jean loulou was referencing??
trevorjpt33

Postby MaKaaj on Sat May 09, 2020 2:46 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
MaKaaj wrote:

The problem that @retroman was referencing, or the problem that @jean loulou was referencing??

Similar with @jean loulou's problem, but my problem is with hihead.SCNE of NBA 2K19. I can't import it at all.

I tried in blender v 2.80 - 2.82.
MaKaaj

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 am

MaKaaj wrote:Similar with @jean loulou's problem, but my problem is with hihead.SCNE of NBA 2K19. I can't import it at all.

Are you receiving this same error as below?

jean loulou wrote:I have a message error pointed the "models_2k.py" line 965...KeyError: 'Model'
trevorjpt33

Postby MaKaaj on Mon May 11, 2020 1:59 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
MaKaaj wrote:Similar with @jean loulou's problem, but my problem is with hihead.SCNE of NBA 2K19. I can't import it at all.

jean loulou wrote:I have a message error pointed the "models_2k.py" line 965...KeyError: 'Model'

MaKaaj

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue May 12, 2020 3:39 am

MaKaaj wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

So the error @jean loulou posted is a familiar error with a pretty clear reason why it would occur. But this error is a bit more perplexing and is uncommon. Especially with a 2K19 hihead.SCNE file. Would you mind sending me the exact files that you are trying to import?
trevorjpt33

Postby MaKaaj on Tue May 12, 2020 7:52 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
MaKaaj wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

So the error @jean loulou posted is a familiar error with a pretty clear reason why it would occur. But this error is a bit more perplexing and is uncommon. Especially with a 2K19 hihead.SCNE file. Would you mind sending me the exact files that you are trying to import?

Sure, I will upload them.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RUrZny ... HVrD5DIOp/
MaKaaj

Postby PenningrothMatt1997 on Wed May 13, 2020 10:54 am

I'm attempting to import jerseycloth.SCNE but I keep getting this error. What am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PenningrothMatt1997

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 am

Trevor, the current script doesnt work with Blender 2.90 alpha.
I know its a bit earlier but the modifiers on this version look very promising.
sticky-fingers

Postby big-shot-ROB on Thu May 21, 2020 3:23 am

Okay I'm stupid. I downgraded to 1.79 because I thought we didn't have the pluggin for the newer versions as they are labeled as unstable. Anyway, I'll be modding a little bit in 2.79 to gain back the ability and I will update to 2.8 asap to tell you how it is working. Thanks as always for the work you put with these, modding wouldn't be possible without it!
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby bongo88 on Tue May 26, 2020 3:21 am

howdy trevor
uv map "3" export error on pregame/halftime studio show
see image: https://imgur.com/4lQltRY

using blender 2.72b with old/regular plugin

something to file away in case the error occurs other places

edit: file name: waigua/pregame/studio_broadcastset_int.iff
bongo88

Postby iamDrew29 on Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm

I got traceback error. newbie here. Please help
iamDrew29

Postby _JackCole_ on Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 pm

I cant import hair and facial hair. Can anyone help? :bowdown2:
_JackCole_

Postby RedBlueBlur on Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 pm

HELP PLEASE!! :bowdown:

[img]
2020-05-28_19-48-37.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RedBlueBlur

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:So I'm going to leave the screenshot here but I am not sure we are going to be able to ever see this ingame.

[ Image ]

Basically I created the hair from scratch modifying all the linked faces and edited all the UV textures to simulate a kind of dreaded-mohawk guys like Ojeleye and Reggie Bullock have worn. But I am stupidd as hell and didn't realise I imported the hair using the checkbox import skeleton. Turns out that now I can't export it because I get an error. Checked twice to import and export the original one and yes, it gives me the same error as my edited one when I import it with the checkbox on.

Error
[ Image ]

Error with default hair
[ Image ]

No error without the checkbox
[ Image ]

I've tried to check out some things around the python script that handles the importing and exporting (I've studied Computer Science) but I don't want to touch 1500+ lines of code and I am unaware of what values all the variables take so I don't specifically know what is causing the error.

I have even tried to import the original hair, join both objects and then delete all vertices corresponding to the default one. So basically transfering my edited hair to the object corresponding to the original one (which doesn't give problems when imported correctly) and proceeded to delete the default one. But it still gives me the error.

If anyone has any clue on how to solve this, please help me, because I honestly don't feel like starting the hair from scratch again at all.
big-shot-ROB

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm

So does the script work with Blender 2.83?
big-shot-ROB

Re: Blender Importer-Exporter Script v0.97

Postby kurtbondoc42 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:38 pm

RobDavis wrote:Cant import in 2.80 getting this error. I just updated to 2.80

[ Image ]

Sir Trevor, me too has been experiencing the same problem. I do have the updated importing tools but the error box appears when I try to import "slamdunk 2k18 files".
kurtbondoc42

Postby wht on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:13 am

wht

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding