Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 6/2/24 Huge Update! 2024 and more

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 6/2/24 Huge Update! 2024 and more

Postby jtoml3 on Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:39 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:This is the first NBA 2k game I've played and first mod I've tried installing for this. I've (from what I thought) installed everything correctly, however I've played a test game with the Hornets and am getting a greyed-out court. Are the courts all meant to be sitting in the waigua folder and they work automatically from there, or even when in the folder, do they have to get manually assigned to teams?

No, when the mod is installed correctly, the only thing you'd ever NEED to manually change is tweaking the config file for the 1997-2002 All-Star jerseys. The court files go directly in the waigua. You can tell if the mod isn't loading properly if any of the headshot portraits aren't loading. I'd review the installation tips that come from the essentials pack to make sure you did it properly and also consider downloading the Hook from the link on page 1 (and place the config file that comes in the essentials pack Hook in that folder).

Yeah I'm not getting all the portraits. Everything seems to be ok using defaults (e.g using default classic Hornets loads the classic court), but when I load one of the rosters, then I get missing portraits, invisible players and grey courts. I double checked the instructions and everything seems to be installed correctly. I used the other Hook files and replaced it's config with essentials config. Still nothing. I'll have to experiment some more.
jtoml3

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:35 am

jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:This is the first NBA 2k game I've played and first mod I've tried installing for this. I've (from what I thought) installed everything correctly, however I've played a test game with the Hornets and am getting a greyed-out court. Are the courts all meant to be sitting in the waigua folder and they work automatically from there, or even when in the folder, do they have to get manually assigned to teams?

No, when the mod is installed correctly, the only thing you'd ever NEED to manually change is tweaking the config file for the 1997-2002 All-Star jerseys. The court files go directly in the waigua. You can tell if the mod isn't loading properly if any of the headshot portraits aren't loading. I'd review the installation tips that come from the essentials pack to make sure you did it properly and also consider downloading the Hook from the link on page 1 (and place the config file that comes in the essentials pack Hook in that folder).

Yeah I'm not getting all the portraits. Everything seems to be ok using defaults (e.g using default classic Hornets loads the classic court), but when I load one of the rosters, then I get missing portraits, invisible players and grey courts. I double checked the instructions and everything seems to be installed correctly. I used the other Hook files and replaced it's config with essentials config. Still nothing. I'll have to experiment some more.

Yeah, if portraits aren't loading (and you installed all the packs), that is a sign that nothing is working. It's all or nothing, if something doesn't load, it means the rest aren't either. It's hard for me to help diagnose the problem as I didn't watch you install everything. Let me know if you're still having trouble after experimenting.
Thunder Shaq

Postby jtoml3 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:38 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Yeah, if portraits aren't loading (and you installed all the packs), that is a sign that nothing is working. It's all or nothing, if something doesn't load, it means the rest aren't either. It's hard for me to help diagnose the problem as I didn't watch you install everything. Let me know if you're still having trouble after experimenting.

After trying all sorts of wild things since posting, I finally came up with a solution (unless it's the correct way all along). Instead of going into the game and saving a roster and replacing it per the roster tutorial, if I take a roster straight out of Rosters + Draft Classes zip, rename it to roster0001, paste it into remote and go into the game and load it, it works. I have to then resave it in order to give it a description in-game which isn't a big deal. I've loaded a few different rosters so far to test and everything seems to be working doing it this way.

EDIT: I have noticed John Paxson in the Bulls '87-'89 retro team is wearing a Spurs jersey, while everyone else has the correct Bulls jersey.
jtoml3

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:47 am

jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

After trying all sorts of wild things since posting, I finally came up with a solution (unless it's the correct way all along). Instead of going into the game and saving a roster and replacing it per the roster tutorial, if I take a roster straight out of Rosters + Draft Classes zip, rename it to roster0001, paste it into remote and go into the game and load it, it works. I have to then resave it in order to give it a description in-game which isn't a big deal. I've loaded a few different rosters so far to test and everything seems to be working doing it this way.

EDIT: I have noticed John Paxson in the Bulls '87-'89 retro team is wearing a Spurs jersey, while everyone else has the correct Bulls jersey.

Interesting. I don't think I've done it that way, but glad it worked for you. Make sure "loadJerseyByPlayer" is set to 0 in the config in the Hook folder and you shouldn't have that jersey problem
Thunder Shaq

Postby jtoml3 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:30 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Interesting. I don't think I've done it that way, but glad it worked for you. Make sure "loadJerseyByPlayer" is set to 0 in the config in the Hook folder and you shouldn't have that jersey problem

Great, thanks. That worked. It's no doubt been said throughout this thread, but thanks for the effort you've put into this mod.

Football (soccer) is my main sport and I've been a casual basketball fan since I was a kid. My knowledge of the game isn't great, so your mod is a great interactive way of providing some historical education to complement YouTube etc.

Thanks again.
jtoml3

Postby jtoml3 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:33 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
jtoml3 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Great, thanks. That worked. It's no doubt been said throughout this thread, but thanks for the effort you've put into this mod.

Football (soccer) is my main sport and I've been a casual basketball fan since I was a kid. My knowledge of the game isn't great, so your mod is a great interactive way of providing some historical education to complement YouTube etc.

Thanks again.
jtoml3

Postby HitByAPlane on Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:32 am

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to 2k games being blurry while in game. All settings in 2k have been set to their highest, and when I go in to edit a player they are fine but as soon as I play a game everything switches to like 144p. I have an RTX 3060 so I would think my PC would be strong enough to run the game. I also went into the control panel and manually switched it to my graphics card and still no change. I'm wondering if maybe since I downloaded the game from an "Alternative source" That that could be the issue and I might just have to go out and buy the game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
HitByAPlane

Postby YvesOrIvy on Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:32 pm

HitByAPlane wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to 2k games being blurry while in game. All settings in 2k have been set to their highest, and when I go in to edit a player they are fine but as soon as I play a game everything switches to like 144p. I have an RTX 3060 so I would think my PC would be strong enough to run the game. I also went into the control panel and manually switched it to my graphics card and still no change. I'm wondering if maybe since I downloaded the game from an "Alternative source" That that could be the issue and I might just have to go out and buy the game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Try disabling temporal anti-aliasing, as it tends to overblur things, especially noticeable during motion.
YvesOrIvy

Postby sadsixersfan233 on Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:07 am

My game breaks when doing a fantasy draft, just hangs on this screen when using either of the ML rosters. Everything else works fine, so wondering about this.

sadsixersfan233

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:18 am

sadsixersfan233 wrote:My game breaks when doing a fantasy draft, just hangs on this screen when using either of the ML rosters. Everything else works fine, so wondering about this.

[ Image ]

Is this with the Ultimate Retro Roster V1 or V2? I don't think those rosters actually will work in fantasy draft. It already takes a slight workaround adding an extra team with custom league to even get those to work in MyLeague. The All-Time Roster and the single season mods will work with fantasy drafts.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:58 am

I was finally able to fix the annoying clipping accessories for modded players that usually would impact compression shorts, pants, sleeves, socks, etc.

All you have to do is place this "full" folder in your clothing folder.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2r76cm3h ... ll.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding