Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: All-Star Update!

Postby Khibeatz on Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:13 am

hi @Thunder Shaq, is it possible that you have the 2010 court for the grizzlies ?
Khibeatz

Postby Wynner77 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Hi Shaq update season 22/23 is coming ??
Wynner77

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Wynner77 wrote:Hi Shaq update season 22/23 is coming ??

I've been mostly working on retro seasons lately. I wouldn't rule it out but probably not anytime soon, I'd have to make a lot of rookie cyberfaces or get help from someone to convert them from 2k23

Thunder Shaq

Postby shawnkemp on Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:12 am

keep it up with retros, you are doing great job
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
shawnkemp

Postby fouryearpuma on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:57 am

Hello all. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed / answered, or if what I assume may be obvious is in fact true.

In the OP's first post, it mentions "Only the MyLeague Ultimate Retro Rosters work in MyLeague without crashing"

Does this mean that there is no way to play a full season in MyLeague (on the 2K20 PC base game) with the "2022 season roster" mod that is provided here?

TY
fouryearpuma

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:39 am

fouryearpuma wrote:Hello all. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed / answered, or if what I assume may be obvious is in fact true.

In the OP's first post, it mentions "Only the MyLeague Ultimate Retro Rosters work in MyLeague without crashing"

Does this mean that there is no way to play a full season in MyLeague (on the 2K20 PC base game) with the "2022 season roster" mod that is provided here?

TY

No. There are 4 roster files for the Ultimate Retro Roster. URR V1, URR V2, URR V1 MyLeague, and URR V2 MyLeague. I was just saying you have to use the Myleague versions to use the Ultimate Retro Roster in myleague
Thunder Shaq

Postby fouryearpuma on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:10 pm

Thank you for the reply Thunder Shaq! ..and thank you for all of the effort that you (and others) have put into this mod.
fouryearpuma

Postby snake212 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:22 pm

Thunder why are you still here bro. 2k23 is the greatest since 2k14......we need you over bro. 23 is a better game dont you think
snake212

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 am

Following all of the instructions in the OP, I've moved all files as instructed into Waigua. Just did mod pack 6. About to do mod pack 7 - I assume the "clothing" folder contained in 7 will replace the one that I moved from mod pack 6?

...I'm moving the entire "clothing" folder, not just the contents.

TY!
fouryearpuma

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:31 pm

fouryearpuma wrote:Following all of the instructions in the OP, I've moved all files as instructed into Waigua. Just did mod pack 6. About to do mod pack 7 - I assume the "clothing" folder contained in 7 will replace the one that I moved from mod pack 6?

...I'm moving the entire "clothing" folder, not just the contents.

TY!

Yes, just replace the whole clothing folder with the newest one
Thunder Shaq

Postby hakeemthedream on Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:06 pm

snake212 wrote:Thunder why are you still here bro. 2k23 is the greatest since 2k14......we need you over bro. 23 is a better game dont you think

I haven't tried 2k23 yet. How much does 'My Nba Eras' mod make it easier for modders? Are new arenas, cyberfaces made of high quality? Have all seasons draft classes been added?
hakeemthedream

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:58 am

snake212 wrote:Thunder why are you still here bro. 2k23 is the greatest since 2k14......we need you over bro. 23 is a better game dont you think

2K23 can't be the greatest since 2K14 if you can't even access custom rosters without internet connection and if mods are actively being taken down :lol: 23 on PC will likely have a short modding lifespan at this rate so there's no point

hakeemthedream wrote:I haven't tried 2k23 yet. How much does 'My Nba Eras' mod make it easier for modders? Are new arenas, cyberfaces made of high quality? Have all seasons draft classes been added?

Sadly, the NBA Eras feature isn't available on current-gen PC (only bits of it remain like the courts, most logos, and the audio IDs). You can still get Razor's cyberfaces as a vast majority are either hidden within the files or will be repurposed in MyTEAM. If they can properly be converted to 20, I think they would be a nice addition to Thunder Shaq's mod.
RayRay_953

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:45 am

hakeemthedream wrote:

I haven't tried 2k23 yet. How much does 'My Nba Eras' mod make it easier for modders? Are new arenas, cyberfaces made of high quality? Have all seasons draft classes been added?

There appear to be a lot of cyberfaces, courts, and a few jerseys for MyNBA Eras in the PC files. They were only found from digging around with the tools. Although there is very little of the new retro content in 2k23 that can't be brought over to 2k20 or wasn't already added in my rosters months ago. The big appeal of the 2k23 is mostly for next-gen console players that previously didn't have access to so much authentic retro branding and cyberfaces because they couldn't mod it in like on PC.
Thunder Shaq

Postby drizzywye on Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 pm

This mod is unbelievably cool - essentially picked up an old gaming PC just to run this. Thank you so much to everyone involved!

I'm having trouble with the loadjerseybyPlayer setting in the hook config file.

I set it to 0 as I want to play All-Star games from 2002 onward and want the all star jerseys applied to every player.

When I change the setting before 2K loads, the loadjerseybyPlayer setting is overwritten to 1 for the years I have picked so far e.g. 2006, 2010 etc.

If I change the hook config file setting after loading the game or roster, the setting doesn't seem to have an effect and I get some players with all star jerseys and others with their team jersey.

Any advice on how to fix and get the loadjerseybyPlayer setting to load with the game?
drizzywye

Postby drizzywye on Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:24 am

drizzywye wrote:This mod is unbelievably cool - essentially picked up an old gaming PC just to run this. Thank you so much to everyone involved!

I set it to 0 as I want to play All-Star games from 2002 onward and want the all star jerseys applied to every player.

When I change the setting before 2K loads, the loadjerseybyPlayer setting is overwritten to 1 for the years I have picked so far e.g. 2006, 2010 etc.

If I change the hook config file setting after loading the game or roster, the setting doesn't seem to have an effect and I get some players with all star jerseys and others with their team jersey.

Any advice on how to fix and get the loadjerseybyPlayer setting to load with the game?

I put in Hook v.2.4.1 to replace the version in retro pack 8, should I be putting in all the files in the 'Place these in NBA 2k20 Folder if Downloading for 1st time' folder in pack 8 including that version of hook & config?
drizzywye

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:25 pm

drizzywye wrote:This mod is unbelievably cool - essentially picked up an old gaming PC just to run this. Thank you so much to everyone involved!

You have to do it with the game closed and make sure you save
Thunder Shaq

Postby bbgeek on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:27 am

@ThunderShaq

Thanks again for this GREAT mod! It is so much fun to have so many great teams in the URR, plus EVERY season from 1988 to 2022.

Please consider adding a 2023 season roster, either now that the season has started, or after the trading deadline, or even after the end of the regular season.
bbgeek

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 11/20 Update: '86, '87 and more!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:59 am

11/20 UPDATE:
I have added two brand new retro season rosters as well as major fixes to already released rosters. Please see the video tutorial if you are new to offline rosters

If you've downloaded all previous updates, you only need Mod Pack 13:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7yubmosn ... 13.7z/file

-Includes more files to add to the Waigua folder. OPEN the folder and bring the files over, do not just put this folder in your Waigua. Drag the ENTIRE Clothing folder into the Waigua though

I have added two brand new retro season rosters as well as major fixes to already released rosters. Please see the video tutorial if you are new to offline rosters

Update Breakdown:

-1986 and 1987 season rosters
ready for Myleague

-Revamps to 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, & 2007 season rosters
Updates include:
-Contract accuracy improved, both length and amount (adjusted to 2020 cap) for better MyLeague experience
-Player vitals updated. Draft data, ages, players set to normal so commentators won't say nicknames as often
-Less filler players, additional role players have been created to improve roster depth
-Animations and season-specific accessories updated
-Arena and Coach names updated for season-specific accuracy
-Team accolades updated for era (for example, the Heat have 0 finals appearances at the start of the 05-06 season)

-Added 1986 and 1987 draft classes to be used in MyLeague. Yes, that means you can simulate the career Len Bias. (all 1986-2016 draft classes are included)
-Thanks to all of the contributions and community creations that helped make this possible.

Overall updates
-80+ headshot portraits updated/added
-14 courts added accurate to the eras
-164+ cyberfaces added/updated

Thunder Shaq

Postby vetmin on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:07 am

Not to hijack the thread, but...

RayRay_953 wrote:2K23 can't be the greatest since 2K14 if you can't even access custom rosters without internet connection and if mods are actively being taken down :lol: 23 on PC will likely have a short modding lifespan at this rate so there's no point

looyh has already said that he can mod out the internet requirement. It simply hasn't been released yet because it's not needed right now. And mods were being actively taken down. I should know as I was one of the main people targeted. It was a very momentary thing though; annoying for about a week, then everything was back up and back to normal. I didn't bother re-uploading my own mods but the biggest reason honestly is because almost everything I posted is just an inferior version of something else to come.

Sadly, the NBA Eras feature isn't available on current-gen PC (only bits of it remain like the courts, most logos, and the audio IDs). You can still get Razor's cyberfaces as a vast majority are either hidden within the files or will be repurposed in MyTEAM. If they can properly be converted to 20, I think they would be a nice addition to Thunder Shaq's mod.

Thunder Shaq wrote:There appear to be a lot of cyberfaces, courts, and a few jerseys for MyNBA Eras in the PC files. They were only found from digging around with the tools. Although there is very little of the new retro content in 2k23 that can't be brought over to 2k20 or wasn't already added in my rosters months ago. The big appeal of the 2k23 is mostly for next-gen console players that previously didn't have access to so much authentic retro branding and cyberfaces because they couldn't mod it in like on PC.

While I agree that 2K23's retro offerings are way more important for console gamers who never had any sort of taste of what we're able to do on PC, the new Eras retro presentational assets and mechanics (all of which are present under the hood on PC) substantially expand what is possible presentation-wise. You don't really see it yet in any released mods because I think I may be the only one who is active in this area, and I've yet to release anything, but rest assured there will eventually be pretty immersive TV broadcast presentations from the 80s through the present (complete with authentic music, titlecard and starting lineup presentations, Player of the Game presentations, breakboards, better/cleaner retro scoreboards, etc.).

Additionally, looyh's MyLeague+ plugin (introduced on 2K22 and expected to be released on 2K23 as well) is seriously awesome for retro gaming, given its ability to dynamically age players over the course of their careers and also automatically calculate rookie salaries against the salary cap, which makes using real historical cap and salary figures actually practical. Not to mention you can literally choose the starting year as far back as 2000.

---

I think if there's an argument for not doing a ton of roster work on 2K23, it's because new-gen is likely coming soon to PC, so maybe 2K23 is a kind of lame-duck release. That's fair, and for my own mods I'm prioritizing things that I think will transfer pretty seamlessly to new-gen. That said though, it's hard to predict how things will shake out (e.g., discontinuation of PC 2K instead of getting new-gen, PC getting new-gen but running into difficulties modding it to the same extent, looyh retiring and not releasing the kind of roster tools we need for comprehensive editing, etc. etc. etc.), and it shouldn't be underestimated how superior 2K23 is as a base for retro modding.
vetmin

Postby organix215 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:18 am

You're beyond a legend Thunder :bowdown: :bowdown2:
organix215

Postby elchola34 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi, I use the translator, I'm Spanish, I have a question in my league, do you know if you can delete the teams that appear with the nba symbol or do you have to play the season with them? since I love playing in the 80s season and really this work that they have done is spectacular thank you thank you
elchola34

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:30 am

elchola34 wrote:Hi, I use the translator, I'm Spanish, I have a question in my league, do you know if you can delete the teams that appear with the nba symbol or do you have to play the season with them? since I love playing in the 80s season and really this work that they have done is spectacular thank you thank you

Unfortunately 2K20 requires you to have at least 30 teams in a MyLeague. You can control them and make sure they never get good players, but they will need to still be there for MyLeague to work
Thunder Shaq

Postby shawnkemp on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:16 pm

why you didn't leave the original nba team names?
next seasons they will eventually fill up with real players
how can you control them?
:crazyeyes:
shawnkemp

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:11 pm

shawnkemp wrote:why you didn't leave the original nba team names?
next seasons they will eventually fill up with real players
how can you control them?
:crazyeyes:

You can control every team in a MyLeague, including rebranding and roster moves
Thunder Shaq

Postby shawnkemp on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:08 pm

i will just play next year roster and control only my team
its more realistic
the new rosters is great btw
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
shawnkemp

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding