Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 3/19/22 1991 and 1992 Rosters Added + More!

Postby thomasoffline on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Amazing update! You keep NBA 2K20 the best game for classic content by far!

Keep it up!
thomasoffline

Postby thomasoffline on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:30 pm

Amazing update! You keep NBA 2K20 the best game for classic content by far!

Keep it up!
thomasoffline

Postby eda on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:36 am

thomasoffline wrote:Amazing update! You keep NBA 2K20 the best game for classic content by far!

Keep it up!

Have you tried this? :cheeky: ==>OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HISTORY 2k20!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:34 am

Mod Pack 8 is currently down, I’m going to work to fix it today. Not sure the issue

EDIT: Should be fixed now
Thunder Shaq

Postby hakeemthedream on Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:06 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:Mod Pack 8 is currently down, I’m going to work to fix it today. Not sure the issue

You did a great job again my friend. Amazing update, thanks. We were looking forward to the '91 and '92 seasons. I hope this excellent mod continues to evolve over the years.

Thunder Shaq, I saw and told you earlier that there was a mistake about the '95 Rockets court. Later, as I studied the seasons, I realized that there were a few such errors in some other courts. Of course, it is very normal for such details to be overlooked when working on such a large mod alone. To help you, I reviewed all seasons 1993 and beyond (before posting your update) and noted down all the court mistakes that I deem important.(It took more hours than I anticipated:) If there is no misunderstanding, I want to share it with you in the hope that I can help this community a little.

(these are the notes I took 1-2 weeks ago, I may have taken an incorrect note without realizing it, since I tried to review so many courts quickly and choose the important ones among them, please take that into consideration. I try to recheck some of them as much as I can while writing. I also wrote down some things that I did not consider important, in case you want to take notes for your future studies.)

A note about the 50 year anniversary logo of the Nba: I wrote the '97 teams that do not have this logo, but it is not very important, but I think it is important that this logo appears on teams of other seasons except the '97 season, it would be nice if it could be changed.

-San Antonio Spurs-

The '03 court' was mistakenly set to the old logo court.

I guess you don't have courts for the years '04-'11. It is set the same as '13-'14, it would be great if it could be done, it covers many years, it is an important missing.

'15-'19 courts.

-Atlanta Hawks-

No 50th year logo on Hawks '97 court.

'99-'03 courts should be like '04.

The '15 court' isn't exactly the same as the '16 court, but they're very close. '15 court' can be set same as '16, because the field is very different from previous years.

-Milwaukee Bucks-

Bucks '98, '99 and '00's have the '97 50th anniversary logo on their court. These courts can be converted to courts of '01 and later years.

'14 and '15 courts can be converted to '16 court, they look more like it.

-Sacramento Kings-

No 50th year logo on Kings '97 court.

Kings '04-'07 courts are not exactly original and the '08 court' was chosen, but I think '03 and previous years' court could have been chosen for 04-07 because they are more similar to the '03 court.

-Utah Jazz-

'17's court should be the same as '18's.

-New York Knicks-

No 50th year logo on Knicks '97 court.

-Washington Bullets/Wizards-

No 50th year logo on Bullets '97 court.

'15-'19 Dc logo

-Chicago Bulls-

No 50th year logo on Bulls '97 court.

Bulls '16 and '17 should be like the courthouses of later seasons. (No ball in logo from 16)

-Golden State Warriors-

'93-'96 courts.

-Los Angeles Lakers-

No 50th year logo on Lakers '97 court.

The Lakers '13 court should be the same as the '14, although there isn't much difference between them.

-Dallas Mavericks-

There is the 50th anniversary logo on the '98-'99-'00-'01 courts, it would be great if it was removed.

-Los Angeles Clippers-

'95 and '96 have the 50th anniversary logo, it would be great if it was removed.

-Boston Celtics-

'98-'99-'00-'01-'02 has the 50th anniversary logo, it would be nice if it was removed.

(+++ '03 Tony Delk has white head, can you check that?)

-Orlando Magic-

No 50th year logo on Magic '97 court.

'99 and '00 courts should be the same as '98 court. Court changed in the 00-01 season.

The '08 amway arena should be the same as '09.

'11-'18 courts.

-Memphis Grizzlies-

02-03 court.

-Philadelphia 76ers-

08-09 court.

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

'11 and '12 courts.

-Toronto Raptors-

'98 and '99 have the 50th anniversary logo, it would be great if it was removed.

I think it would be more appropriate if '06 court' was made the same as '05 instead of '07.

09-15 courts.

-Minnesota Timberwolves-

No 50th year logo on Timberwolves '97 court.

-Houston Rockets-

Missing the '96 court, but not a big deal.

Minor changes to the court were made in 2017. So '17 should be the same as '18.

-Miami Heat-

No 50th year logo on Heat '97 court.

-Indiana Pacers-

'98 and '99 have the 50th anniversary logo, doing the same as '96 will fix the problem.

-Seattle SuperSonics-

No 50th year logo on Seattle '97 court.

-Denver Nuggets-

'98-'99-'00-'01-'02-'03 has the 50th anniversary logo, doing the same as '94-'96 will fix the problem.
(actually the '00-'03 courts are a little different, but it would be nice to have the 50th anniversary logos removed.)

'16-'19 courts.

My intent was just to help, I hope I'm not misunderstood. For the next update, even minor changes without the need to design a new court would be nice.

Thanks again for your hard work.
hakeemthedream

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:39 am

hakeemthedream wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:Mod Pack 8 is currently down, I’m going to work to fix it today. Not sure the issue

You did a great job again my friend. Amazing update, thanks. We were looking forward to the '91 and '92 seasons. I hope this excellent mod continues to evolve over the years.

Thunder Shaq, I saw and told you earlier that there was a mistake about the '95 Rockets court. Later, as I studied the seasons, I realized that there were a few such errors in some other courts. Of course, it is very normal for such details to be overlooked when working on such a large mod alone. To help you, I reviewed all seasons 1993 and beyond (before posting your update) and noted down all the court mistakes that I deem important.(It took more hours than I anticipated:) If there is no misunderstanding, I want to share it with you in the hope that I can help this community a little.

(these are the notes I took 1-2 weeks ago, I may have taken an incorrect note without realizing it, since I tried to review so many courts quickly and choose the important ones among them, please take that into consideration. I try to recheck some of them as much as I can while writing. I also wrote down some things that I did not consider important, in case you want to take notes for your future studies.)

A note about the 50 year anniversary logo of the Nba: I wrote the '97 teams that do not have this logo, but it is not very important, but I think it is important that this logo appears on teams of other seasons except the '97 season, it would be nice if it could be changed.

-San Antonio Spurs-

I guess you don't have courts for the years '04-'11. It is set the same as '13-'14, it would be great if it could be done, it covers many years, it is an important missing.

'15-'19 courts.

-Atlanta Hawks-

The '15 court' isn't exactly the same as the '16 court, but they're very close. '15 court' can be set same as '16, because the field is very different from previous years.

-Milwaukee Bucks-

Bucks '98, '99 and '00's have the '97 50th anniversary logo on their court. These courts can be converted to courts of '01 and later years.

-Sacramento Kings-

Kings '04-'07 courts are not exactly original and the '08 court' was chosen, but I think '03 and previous years' court could have been chosen for 04-07 because they are more similar to the '03 court.

-Utah Jazz-

-New York Knicks-

'15-'19 Dc logo

-Chicago Bulls-

Bulls '16 and '17 should be like the courthouses of later seasons. (No ball in logo from 16)

-Golden State Warriors-

'93-'96 courts.

-Los Angeles Lakers-

The Lakers '13 court should be the same as the '14, although there isn't much difference between them.

-Dallas Mavericks-

There is the 50th anniversary logo on the '98-'99-'00-'01 courts, it would be great if it was removed.

-Los Angeles Clippers-

'95 and '96 have the 50th anniversary logo, it would be great if it was removed.

-Boston Celtics-

'98-'99-'00-'01-'02 has the 50th anniversary logo, it would be nice if it was removed.

-Orlando Magic-

'99 and '00 courts should be the same as '98 court. Court changed in the 00-01 season.

'11-'18 courts.

-Memphis Grizzlies-

02-03 court.

-Philadelphia 76ers-

08-09 court.

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

'11 and '12 courts.

-Toronto Raptors-

'98 and '99 have the 50th anniversary logo, it would be great if it was removed.

I think it would be more appropriate if '06 court' was made the same as '05 instead of '07.

09-15 courts.

-Minnesota Timberwolves-

-Houston Rockets-

-Miami Heat-

-Indiana Pacers-

'98 and '99 have the 50th anniversary logo, doing the same as '96 will fix the problem.

-Seattle SuperSonics-

-Denver Nuggets-

'98-'99-'00-'01-'02-'03 has the 50th anniversary logo, doing the same as '94-'96 will fix the problem.
(actually the '00-'03 courts are a little different, but it would be nice to have the 50th anniversary logos removed.)

'16-'19 courts.

My intent was just to help, I hope I'm not misunderstood. For the next update, even minor changes without the need to design a new court would be nice.

Some of these were actually addressed in the latest update (Cavs, Mavericks and maybe more) and I know some are easy fixes (Spurs, Raptors, Knicks, Jazz, etc.). The creation of courts without the 50th anniv. logo will take a bit longer because I have to make a whole new court from scratch for those, but they are in the plans.

If Tony Delk shows as white, it would mean his face texture file is missing. Try adding this to your waigua: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8vvba1k ... 9.iff/file

Thanks for the feedback! Despite getting lots of help and contributions for the mods, I am a one man team when it comes to creating the actual rosters, so I'm very prone to missing certain details. Always feel free to comment feedback in the thread or in PMs. Anyone is welcome to give feedback and suggestions for improvement :)
Thunder Shaq

Postby hakeemthedream on Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:23 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:

-San Antonio Spurs-

'15-'19 courts.

-Atlanta Hawks-

-Milwaukee Bucks-

-Sacramento Kings-

-Utah Jazz-

-New York Knicks-

'15-'19 Dc logo

-Chicago Bulls-

-Golden State Warriors-

'93-'96 courts.

-Los Angeles Lakers-

-Dallas Mavericks-

-Los Angeles Clippers-

-Boston Celtics-

-Orlando Magic-

'11-'18 courts.

-Memphis Grizzlies-

02-03 court.

-Philadelphia 76ers-

08-09 court.

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

'11 and '12 courts.

-Toronto Raptors-

09-15 courts.

-Minnesota Timberwolves-

-Houston Rockets-

-Miami Heat-

-Indiana Pacers-

-Seattle SuperSonics-

-Denver Nuggets-

'16-'19 courts.

Some of these were actually addressed in the latest update (Cavs, Mavericks and maybe more) and I know some are easy fixes (Spurs, Raptors, Knicks, Jazz, etc.). The creation of courts without the 50th anniv. logo will take a bit longer because I have to make a whole new court from scratch for those, but they are in the plans.

If Tony Delk shows as white, it would mean his face texture file is missing. Try adding this to your waigua: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8vvba1k ... 9.iff/file

Thanks for the feedback! Despite getting lots of help and contributions for the mods, I am a one man team when it comes to creating the actual rosters, so I'm very prone to missing certain details. Always feel free to comment feedback in the thread or in PMs. Anyone is welcome to give feedback and suggestions for improvement :)

Thanks man, hope we can support you more. I will continue to write to you what I noticed.

As someone who has edited games such as nba live '99, live '01, live '04 with his relatives for years and played with classic teams, we could not even imagine such a game with such a mod. Now, unfortunately, I don't have time to enjoy this mod to its fullest. Young people should know the value of this mod.

(T. Delk problem solved thx)

Classic team suggestion: Utah Jazz '88 (This team, which almost eliminated the champion Lakers, has an interesting roster for the game.)
hakeemthedream

Postby sadsixersfan233 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:59 pm

This is absolutely amazing, and by far the best mod for basketball nerds since the UBR mod for 2k14. My only problem is that many teams have invisible players. I'm not new to modding and have searched the forum for a solution but i think it may be due to the fact that i'm an offline player, and my game may be a little behind in roster updates? I've used the most recent sync.bin in the original post and i've installed the waigua folder perfectly. Should I be using the hook included in the 8th update, or the one linked below it that doesn't have any of the customizations you may have added hook in the 8th zip file? Thanks, I'm sure a lot of people have asked about the invisible players problem so I hope there's not an obvious solution i'm missing.
sadsixersfan233

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:13 pm

sadsixersfan233 wrote:This is absolutely amazing, and by far the best mod for basketball nerds since the UBR mod for 2k14. My only problem is that many teams have invisible players. I'm not new to modding and have searched the forum for a solution but i think it may be due to the fact that i'm an offline player, and my game may be a little behind in roster updates? I've used the most recent sync.bin in the original post and i've installed the waigua folder perfectly. Should I be using the hook included in the 8th update, or the one linked below it that doesn't have any of the customizations you may have added hook in the 8th zip file? Thanks, I'm sure a lot of people have asked about the invisible players problem so I hope there's not an obvious solution i'm missing.

I'm not sure how it all goes because I wasn't an offline player. Make sure download the Hook linked in the thread. I don't believe there have been any game updates since I uploaded that SYNC.bin, so that should still be the most recent
Thunder Shaq

Postby FTS2018 on Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:54 pm

This is probably the best roster I've ever played with, but I'm having an issue with young Iverson. He's invisible in both the 97 roster and the 96 draft. I haven't seen any other posts about this so is this a known issue?
FTS2018

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:20 am

FTS2018 wrote:This is probably the best roster I've ever played with, but I'm having an issue with young Iverson. He's invisible in both the 97 roster and the 96 draft. I haven't seen any other posts about this so is this a known issue?

He really shouldn't be invisible considering he is part of the normal 2k game files. Maybe try installing the SYNC.BIN I have linked on the first page if you have an older version of the game. It would need to go in your local file folder I believe
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:20 pm

Rosters for the years 2016-19 will not properly load for me. I am doing the correct offline roster save and then copy and paste and renaming to overwrite them too. I'm confused.
chronoxiong

Postby adub730 on Wed May 11, 2022 1:32 pm

so i had this roster a while back, deleted the game becasue i needed space and am trying to get it back... do you still need to download all 8 mod packs??? if so packs 1-7 for me are just downlaoding to my pc as "files" and im confused, before it worked fine for me im just lost now
adub730

Postby shawnkemp on Thu May 19, 2022 4:43 pm

i have invissible player mike gminski in 91 mod :?
shawnkemp

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri May 20, 2022 3:17 pm

shawnkemp wrote:i have invissible player mike gminski in 91 mod :?

Thanks for letting me know. Try this https://www.mediafire.com/file/zf6qkftu ... 91.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby shawnkemp on Fri May 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
shawnkemp wrote:i have invissible player mike gminski in 91 mod :?

Thanks for letting me know. Try this https://www.mediafire.com/file/zf6qkftu ... 91.7z/file

it's fixed now
thanks Thunder

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
shawnkemp

Postby Wynner77 on Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm

we need to dowload all the packs or only the pack 8 ? because when i downnload its only the 1 & 8 i have in zip files ?!
Wynner77

Postby Wynner77 on Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 pm

this mod is always currently ? i download all but nothing work ?! only the pack 8 is on zip the other packs the fils is not on zip ?!
Wynner77

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat May 21, 2022 3:39 am

Wynner77 wrote:this mod is always currently ? i download all but nothing work ?! only the pack 8 is on zip the other packs the fils is not on zip ?!

Yes, for some reason mod packs 1-7 download as a file. All you need to do is right click on the file and choose “open with” and choose whatever program you use for zip files. 7zip, winzip, winrar, etc. and it should let you open it that way
Thunder Shaq

Postby thomasoffline on Sat May 21, 2022 2:55 pm

I think clemon johnson of 1985 76ers is invisible as well
thomasoffline

Postby Wynner77 on Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Wynner77 wrote:this mod is always currently ? i download all but nothing work ?! only the pack 8 is on zip the other packs the fils is not on zip ?!

Yes, for some reason mod packs 1-7 download as a file. All you need to do is right click on the file and choose “open with” and choose whatever program you use for zip files. 7zip, winzip, winrar, etc. and it should let you open it that way

Justly but how i open that ? i dont have program for it ?! just have winrar , i put the file on zip on waigua ?
Wynner77

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun May 22, 2022 5:36 am

Wynner77 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Justly but how i open that ? i dont have program for it ?! just have winrar , i put the file on zip on waigua ?

You select open with and then you choose winrar from the drop down or get 7Zip, it is free

Thunder Shaq

Postby Wynner77 on Sun May 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Wynner77 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

You select open with and then you choose winrar from the drop down or get 7Zip, it is free

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Its okay now thanks (Y)
Wynner77

Postby Wynner77 on Sun May 22, 2022 6:18 pm

Draft class & roster where we put them ? waigua folder ?
Wynner77

Postby Wynner77 on Sun May 22, 2022 6:51 pm

I make all but i dont understand i see nothing of the mod when i play ??? i have question the server of 2k20 is closed how to play with your mod ? i can not play with your roster ??
Wynner77

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding