Blender Not Exporting Facial Hair

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Blender Not Exporting Facial Hair

Postby RapboY on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Hello everyone it's been a while, I was a pretty active modder about 10 years ago, just very recently bought 2k20 and tried figuring out how to create a CF for this gen. The guides here have been super helpful especially TGsoGood, but a lot of info are kind of spread out, buried deep in different threads on different years of the game, so sometimes it's just hard to find stuff.

Anyway, back on topic, so I've pretty much done everything I need. I initially had trouble with exporting hair, but I fixed that by downloading the 2K19 version of the importer/exporter tool in Blender. But now I've run into a similar problem,but with facial hair and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried exporting in both 2k Importer and 2k19 importer, but for some reason both don't save the changes I make in blender. I tried editing hair again and that still works. I'd appreciate any help :D
RapboY

Re: Blender Not Exporting Facial Hair

Postby sitew33 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:31 pm

1 reason could be you're attempting to export while in edit mode or another could be if you have another hihead.scene file loaded into blender. Blender will only export the scene file named "hihead". If it's named hihead2, etc it won't export.
sitew33

Postby RapboY on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm

sitew33 wrote:1 reason could be you're attempting to export while in edit mode or another could be if you have another hihead.scene file loaded into blender. Blender will only export the scene file named "hihead". If it's named hihead2, etc it won't export.

Thanks for the reply. I've double checked those, I always go to Object mode before exporting.
RapboY

Postby NoobMayCry on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:40 pm

RapboY wrote:
sitew33 wrote:1 reason could be you're attempting to export while in edit mode or another could be if you have another hihead.scene file loaded into blender. Blender will only export the scene file named "hihead". If it's named hihead2, etc it won't export.

Thanks for the reply. I've double checked those, I always go to Object mode before exporting.

This is the case for facial hair, whatever changes you make does not show in game.
NoobMayCry

Postby YEDYE on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:11 pm

I have that EXACT same problem and been having it for months. When i try and export hair or facial hair it doesnt save the changes. it doesnt work
YEDYE

Postby RapboY on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 pm

NoobMayCry wrote:
This is the case for facial hair, whatever changes you make does not show in game.

Hi NBC, I've downloaded quite a few of your CFs they're really good.

So is there absolutely nothing I can do about facial hair? Is it just to find a different one? or would it work if I use external files/iff instead?
RapboY

Postby NoobMayCry on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:38 pm

RapboY wrote:
NoobMayCry wrote:

Hi NBC, I've downloaded quite a few of your CFs they're really good.

So is there absolutely nothing I can do about facial hair? Is it just to find a different one? or would it work if I use external files/iff instead?

Thx for support, yeah I suggest you to swap a different facial hair. I guess the issue is in the facial hair tangent file, you can try tweak the coordinates see if it makes any changes.
NoobMayCry

Postby RapboY on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:50 am

Alright thanks I'll try that and report my results here :)
RapboY

Postby connseanery on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:25 am

Try Blender 2.79 variants with the appropriate importer/exporter.

I had problems saving facial hair changes for newer versions but it worked for 2.79.
connseanery

Postby RapboY on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am

connseanery wrote:Try Blender 2.79 variants with the appropriate importer/exporter.

I had problems saving facial hair changes for newer versions but it worked for 2.79.

I'm using 2.79. Is there anything else you do besides edit the .model in blender? You don't do anything with the tangent file?
RapboY

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding