[TEST] 2001 season - Realistic stats, scoring, pace and gameplay.

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

[TEST] 2001 season - Realistic stats, scoring, pace and gameplay.

Postby timmyd on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 am

Hi everyone,

For the last 3 years NBA2k has been extremely difficult to deal with when trying to make game mimic retro style sim. What I mean is; when we sim, there are way too many 3point attempts, not enough free throws, teams are overall scoring and shooting a lot more. Point guards and players are gathering too many assists and triple doubles. Big men aren't in the post enough etc.

This is really an eye sore when we are given the luxury of great retro mods like Thunder Shaq's retro but yet when we sim, we are getting insane stats or even fictional stats.

So I have come to this point, I have tested and played around with player tendencies, badges, ratings. I have also touched playbooks for all teams, coaching style, and game plan. In addition, I have also tweaked the simulation sliders when setting up a season/my league mode. You will find screen shots and details in the post below.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to add in any tips and input. I am open to anything!

PS: I will be sharing all of the season/my league simulation sliders with you all once I am finished. ALSO! Thank you to THUNDER SHAQ for creating this awesome roster and in no way am I trying to do anything with your roster. I am just trying to take your roster and fix NBA2k at the same time. Reason for all this, is to really just play your roster and be able to not cringe at the stupidity behind some of NBA2k's logic.

If you like what I did, please do no hesitate to ask. I can share the roster (with updated tendencies etc). BUT please be mindful, this is Thunder Shaq's roster.
Last edited by timmyd on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Re: [TEST] 2001 season - Realistic stats, scoring, pace and gameplay.

Postby timmyd on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:43 am

Point Allowed (lowest points allowed)

In the screen shot attached you will see the 76ers with the best defense, allowing less than 80 points a game but also not scoring less than 90 points a game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timmyd

Re: [TEST] 2001 season - Realistic stats, scoring, pace and gameplay.

Postby timmyd on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:50 am

Issue:

In this screen shot you will see the former superstars of the early 2000's attempting 9+ free throws a game (Shaq getting to the line 10 plus times). However, aside from Shaq and T-Mac. Everyone else on this list I think is shooting way too high of a FG% (Iverson and Kobe are both well above 50%). I have lowered both players ratings, put them into cold zones around the midrange area and bumped mid-range tendencies to 90 and above but still no luck.

What ideas do you have? How can I drop it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Return to NBA 2K20