Most recent update and players ratings questions

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Most recent update and players ratings questions

Postby rotchild on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:28 am

Ok, so the most recent update ended up f**ing my custom jump shooting animations for some players (not the edits, they're obviously intact on the roster file... I mean the animations themselves!). Particularity this custom animation for Kyrie Irving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L25ANIjKaxo

I downgraded to the previous update using sticky-fingers method, and now it's fixed. Just curious if anyone is also getting these bugged animations. I may try updating it again, and record an animated gif. The ball was launching from Kyrie's knees!!

Regarding the player ratings, I have no idea why some players get their ratings "pumped up" (even in practice mode... LeBron is one, for example), and why some have their ratings "dumbed down" (Kyrie, for example). Is there a way to prevent this? How?
rotchild

Re: Most recent update and players ratings questions

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:52 am

It's the first I've heard of any custom jumpshot glitches with Patch 1.11, but it's possible. It has caused a problem with music playing during free throws, so it's possible some other bugs have also made their way in under the radar, and that might be one of them.

Apart from saving a roster and not using the latest official one, there's not much you can do about undesirable ratings/changes you disagree with, except change them back and save that roster for use as well. If you put Steam into offline mode whenever you play NBA 2K20 you can also avoid getting any new updates, but then of course certain modes and features are inaccessible, so that may not be a viable solution. Pretty much a case of don't use the latest roster, or keep making the changes as necessary.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rotchild on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:27 am

Andrew wrote:It's the first I've heard of any custom jumpshot glitches with Patch 1.11, but it's possible. It has caused a problem with music playing during free throws, so it's possible some other bugs have also made their way in under the radar, and that might be one of them.

Thanks for the quick reply mate! Yeah, I'm kinda unwilling to update it again now (I'd either have to downgrade the update, or re-install it all over again)... But I might do it just to record the glitch, it's not only hilarious, I guess it's for the common/greater good ;)

Andrew wrote:Apart from saving a roster and not using the latest official one, there's not much you can do about undesirable ratings/changes you disagree with, except change them back and save that roster for use as well. If you put Steam into offline mode whenever you play NBA 2K20 you can also avoid getting any new updates, but then of course certain modes and features are inaccessible, so that may not be a viable solution. Pretty much a case of don't use the latest roster, or keep making the changes as necessary.

Like, what I mean is, even if I don't do any change to any rating in the roster file, when in the actual game (even in practice), the player's ratings are somehow different... And there's no red/green arrows indicating such discrepancies... It's really weird. LeBron for example, I got him lowered to 3PT at a 77 rating. You go into practice he will be rated 81. And even in a default roster, if he's 80 by default, you go into free practice, he will be at 84... I don't get this.
rotchild

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:33 pm

I haven't noticed that before. That could be another bug if it's displaying different ratings in Practice compared to regular gameplay or the menus. Either that or it's by design, boosting abilities in Practice so you have more success.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rotchild on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 am

Decided to post some screencaps, so there's proof:

LBJ at Roster Editor screen:

LBJ at play now - exhibition (it's the same values at free practice):

Notice that both Mid-range and 3PT got a boost of 5 points, making him 2 points above (97 to 99) overall

It happens with several players: Kyrie gets a 4 point decrease (from 89 to 85) in 3PT. It happens with SEVERAL players (mostly all Boston starters, to a level of degree... either boosts or decreases to shooting ratings: Hayward, Tatum, Brown and Smart). On default roster also, so it's not roster related (and yes, I'm totally and positively sure I'm loading the same roster file before going into practice or exhibition...)

Surprises me how this haven't been noticed before... Or it must only happen to me. It's also not related to any update in particular, as I have noticed it's been happening for a while now (I just never thought of making a post about it, whatever...)

Please help.
rotchild

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:13 pm

I'm guessing most of us have never looked at the ratings that closely in different modes to make comparisons, assuming they're the same; that would be the expectation, after all. It's looking more and more like a bug, either loading outdated data or simply displaying the wrong ratings somehow. If so then I'd suggest that's at a code level, so I can't imagine there's a way around it that we can develop as users. Strange.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20