2K PRO-AM (PS4)

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

2K PRO-AM (PS4)

Postby Kenny on Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Just thought I'd create this thread to see if there's any interest in running with an NLSC 2K PRO-AM squad.

We have 3 at the moment looking to play a few games just to see what the team experience is like.

Having a centre and a power forward would help cover some positional gaps, but ultimately it'd just be great to try and get a game or two.
Dion Waiters thinks you should check out my Sonics 2K17 thread.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: 2K PRO-AM (PS4)

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 pm

If it's any incentive, the squad has a point guard that loves racking up assists!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 am

I think Sit was looking for people to join a league as well if anyone is interested
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm

Andrew, ZZ, and I managed to get a few games today on the 3v3 court. It's pretty much just the playground, minus a lot of the lag from the background games. It's amazing how fun the game can be when you have good teammates.

Full game highlights
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Other clips
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Again, if anyone is interested, we'd love to get a 5v5 game going - at the very least, to say we gave it a shot. As long as you play the right way, we don't really care about ratings at this point.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Although it's very similar to 3v3 in The Playground, I'd say it's better. If nothing else, you don't have to line up at Got Next and twiddle your thumbs waiting for a game. Would be great to try 5v5, though. As Kenny said in the first post, a couple of bigs would be ideal as he, zzcoolj21 and I have the backcourt/wings covered.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Further to the above point.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 06, 2020 3:54 pm

We've unlocked custom images. You know what that means...

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed May 06, 2020 4:15 pm

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Kenny on Wed May 06, 2020 4:21 pm

After my pessimistic 0-5 prediction before the session, we went on an 8-0 streak - making it easily our best start ever in 2K PRO-AM. I have to admit, this mode is breathing life into a game that I felt practically done with. I'm anticipating a "jump the shark" moment, but right now, it's pretty fun.

We managed to beat the last team in less than five minutes while debuting our uniforms and logo.
phpBB [video]

And of course, I had to clip this one I swatted from the second game of our session:
phpBB [video]
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 pm

That was a very rare session indeed, but no complaints here.

Kenny wrote:I'm anticipating a "jump the shark" moment, but right now, it's pretty fun.

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sure a rough session is coming, but at the same time, I think it has less pressure than 5v5 Pro-Am in a way. The games are over quicker, win or lose, so wins pump you up to keep playing and losses don't sting as much because they're less of a slog, not lasting as long as a normal game with five minute quarters. I'd also suggest there's a smaller focus on stats and less chance of being taken out of the game by a lack of touches, and that helps one do whatever it takes to win. The novelty may wear off eventually, but it's felt very refreshing so far.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20