So I got NBA 2K20 and here's what I think

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

So I got NBA 2K20 and here's what I think

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:39 am

So I decided to finally purchase NBA 2K20 for PC for a pretty decent twenty euro as I mainly just eamted to experience a new MyCareer story instead of replaying 2K19s.

It's been over a year since I have properly played a current gen 2K game as I have been almost exclusively playing 2K11 when I do choose to get my basketball fix so I'm just gonna post here what I think as I go along with my personal experiences as I'm not very familiar with this side of the forums lol.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Re: So I got NBA 2K20 and here's what I think

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:22 am

Go for it, it'll be good to have some more gameplay discussion/impressions. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dyopopoy on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Hey I'm with you buddy!
I just purchased NBA2K20 base. (67% off,Few weeks ago)
Mostly, I just play MyLeague. (mostly like 99% of the time)

So far, nothing much difference compared to NBA2K19.
Animations are a little different. Slower it seems. A little harder in HoF level.
But I use 3 main sliders.
Shady's here at NLSC. plus Schnaidt1's and Eccentric Edition at Operation Sports.
(Seems to be the 3 most popular sliders :D )

I'm into like 15 seasons in MyLeague in my NBA2K19 and I was hesitant to start all over again at NBA2K20. (I play 82 games per season, but using simcast)
I'm playing the first season now in NBA2K20 and it feels like when you play an RPG game and you finished it, and want to repeat and play again to feel good about the progress.

Besides the "little more realistic" gameplay and animation for this year, generally, it is really like NBA2K19. Just as what everybody's saying. (Y) (N)
Well, that's basing from MyLeague experience.
Like almost all are the same in Myleague, even the annoying bugs. Still there.

I'm just finding out if I will still be in the mood of continuing the 'fresh start' of NBA2K20 MyLeague or go back to my '15seasons-in' MyLeague in NBA2K19.
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:24 am

Alright, so I have been really enjoying MyCareer.

Love the new system for player building, badges and ranking up.

While the draft combines really aggravated me as it was judging your player on some dumb mini-games and not the build you had chosen - I still got to the highest position I could at the end leading up to the draft.
Seeing as 2K11 is my favorite 2K, having the draft combine into summer league for this years MyCareer felt amazing, way better than China through G-League from last year which after one playthrough I really did not enjoy.
Also, love that you get to play your career as a 4 year senior who was a college star and while may not be a potential Hall of Famer can be a solid NBA star which is something that really gets me hooked into players IRL as I have always been an NCAA fan before NBA.
So guys like Frank Mason III, Marcus Paige, Jevon Carter, etc. which is what I have always done in the older 2K's where you just input your NCAA history

As opposed to my most hated NBA draftee, the one and done who just is not ready to leave yet and should have stayed.
So yeah good all-around story wise

As someone who has never bought VC, I have gone from a 60 OVR to a 67 OVR in 2 days which is unheard of from the last 2 games which I love.

Been worth the 20 euro so far, only plan on playing the MyCareer for now as it is the reason I bought the game so, so far so good.

The gameplay so far has been fine, I will have to play a bit more to properly judge it.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K20