Crashing in My League - roster edits

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Crashing in My League - roster edits

Postby fouryearpuma on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:52 am

I'm consistently crashing in My League while in the create a draft class screen. I'm trying to edit a downloaded draft class and after about a minute or so it crashes to desktop. Crashes during roster edits also, but so far only mid season.

I've uninstalled / reinstalled both Steam AND 2K20, deleted all lingering folders - still happening. No mods or mod tools ever installed. Verified integrity of games files via Steam. Latest Windows updates. Latest Nvidia drivers. Other games, including RDR2 are playing fine.

....what's odd is that I've also reinstalled 2k19. Having similar crash issues in My League also. Happens in 19 while both editing main rosters and draft classes. Screen flickers a few times, then I know it's about to crash...and it does. Doesn't crash during actual game play - yet.

Never had these issues with 2k19 all year and I've played 2k20 for a few weeks without issue before it started happening.

Anyone else experience this or -hopefully -have a fix?

Thanks!!
fouryearpuma

Re: Crashing in My League - roster edits

Postby fouryearpuma on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 am

Update. The crashes are not limited to My League. They occur even before I begin a season. The one constant is that it always happens in some sort of roster screen. Editing a player prior to a season, editing a draft class, making trades, even simply viewing player stats.

So strange that this just came about out of the blue but also happens in 2k19 - and 2k19 was fine for a full year. Ugh.
fouryearpuma

Postby jrlocke on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am

I have grown frustrated with this as well. I do a ton of creating and editing for a fictional league and these crash issues are annoying. My rosters don't show up in certain screens and constantly do not work after I make edits etc....
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
jrlocke

Postby fouryearpuma on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm chatting with 2k support right now...I thought the actual crashes were frustrating :shock:
fouryearpuma

Postby fouryearpuma on Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:22 am

I think I may have a fix.

A second person from 2k support jumped onto the chat and I think we figured it out. Ran through the steps below and all seems good so far. Completed multiple drafts in My League, edited/saved multiple rosters, edited multiple draft classes. So far no crashes.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10 that checks for problems with files on your computer. To run it, follow these steps:

1-Make sure you've installed the latest updates for Windows 10, and then restart your machine. To find out more, read Update Windows 10.
2-In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
3-Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
4-After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
5-After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.

If you're not familiar with the File Checker (I wasn't), after you run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth", it will promptly read "100% restored", or something to that effect, but it will take a few extra minutes before it reads "The operation completed successfully". At that point you can enter the next command which is step 4 (sfc /scannow)

Give it a shot and let me know if it worked. Good luck.
fouryearpuma

Postby jrlocke on Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:25 am

I will check it out. Thanks for posting.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
jrlocke

Return to NBA 2K20