Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:48 pm

I usually play with keyboard and on 1.03 when I drive I had a specific button for hop stepping...this is changed in 1.05...now player goes for dunk / layup all the time......can someone help on this?

Is it possible to revert back to 1.03 controls or how do I hop step with 1.05?

Thanks
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:55 pm

maumau78 wrote:I usually play with keyboard and on 1.03 when I drive I had a specific button for hop stepping...this is changed in 1.05...now player goes for dunk / layup all the time......can someone help on this?

Is it possible to revert back to 1.03 controls or how do I hop step with 1.05?

Thanks


It was indeed part of the 1.05 patch (I put it in bold)

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.05

Release Dates

PC: September 30th, 2019 (626.8 MB)
PlayStation 4: September 30th, 2019 (20.6 GB)
Xbox One: September 30th, 2019 (35.8 GB)

Patch Notes



•Fixed an issue that caused some Play Now Online, MyTEAM Unlimited, Play With Friends, and All-Star Team-up games to disconnect prior to completion.
•Fixed an issue where some MyTEAM users were reporting their Collector Level progress was shown as being reset (visit the Collector Level menu to return to your proper level).
•Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20!


Additional Notes from Beluba

This information about gameplay adjustments in Patch 1.05 was Tweeted out by Gameplay Director Mike Wang, aka Beluba.



•Successful coach challenges won't use a timeout
•Fix for baseline dunks that weren't triggering properly
•Adjust Pro Stick window for hop step gathers so left or right performs normal dunks/layups
•Fewer missed "full white" releases
•Buff Pick Dodger to match Brick Wall strength
•Fix Steve Nash sig dribble style yo-yo ball bug
•Widen the speed gap, especially to reduce the speeds of low-rated bigs


They did it because a lot of people were complaining that the hop step was happening far to often. And I agree on that part. The R Stick controls were awesome when it operating this way: Hold right to finish on the right side of the basket, and hold left to finish on the left side of the basket. What was happening was: People were holding RIGHT on the R STICK to finish on the right side of the basket, and they were being forced into a hop step they didn't want to do.

Did you experiment with the other buttons to see where they moved it to? I know that a quick tap of the button can usually initiatate the traditional hop step, but I am guessing you also want the one that makes them hop step AND dunk in one motion.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 am

Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:I usually play with keyboard and on 1.03 when I drive I had a specific button for hop stepping...this is changed in 1.05...now player goes for dunk / layup all the time......can someone help on this?

Is it possible to revert back to 1.03 controls or how do I hop step with 1.05?

Thanks


It was indeed part of the 1.05 patch (I put it in bold)

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.05

Release Dates

PC: September 30th, 2019 (626.8 MB)
PlayStation 4: September 30th, 2019 (20.6 GB)
Xbox One: September 30th, 2019 (35.8 GB)

Patch Notes



•Fixed an issue that caused some Play Now Online, MyTEAM Unlimited, Play With Friends, and All-Star Team-up games to disconnect prior to completion.
•Fixed an issue where some MyTEAM users were reporting their Collector Level progress was shown as being reset (visit the Collector Level menu to return to your proper level).
•Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20!


Additional Notes from Beluba

This information about gameplay adjustments in Patch 1.05 was Tweeted out by Gameplay Director Mike Wang, aka Beluba.



•Successful coach challenges won't use a timeout
•Fix for baseline dunks that weren't triggering properly
•Adjust Pro Stick window for hop step gathers so left or right performs normal dunks/layups
•Fewer missed "full white" releases
•Buff Pick Dodger to match Brick Wall strength
•Fix Steve Nash sig dribble style yo-yo ball bug
•Widen the speed gap, especially to reduce the speeds of low-rated bigs


They did it because a lot of people were complaining that the hop step was happening far to often. And I agree on that part. The R Stick controls were awesome when it operating this way: Hold right to finish on the right side of the basket, and hold left to finish on the left side of the basket. What was happening was: People were holding RIGHT on the R STICK to finish on the right side of the basket, and they were being forced into a hop step they didn't want to do.

Did you experiment with the other buttons to see where they moved it to? I know that a quick tap of the button can usually initiatate the traditional hop step, but I am guessing you also want the one that makes them hop step AND dunk in one motion.


I will try with the pad tonight......I did try with different button and was always dunk or layup....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
They did it because a lot of people were complaining that the hop step was happening far to often. And I agree on that part. The R Stick controls were awesome when it operating this way: Hold right to finish on the right side of the basket, and hold left to finish on the left side of the basket. What was happening was: People were holding RIGHT on the R STICK to finish on the right side of the basket, and they were being forced into a hop step they didn't want to do.

Did you experiment with the other buttons to see where they moved it to? I know that a quick tap of the button can usually initiatate the traditional hop step, but I am guessing you also want the one that makes them hop step AND dunk in one motion.


i spent some time today with Xbox Controller for Windows and I don't get how to hop step correctly....with keyboard I did have a separate button (Numpad 4) but with the xbox controller....I don't get how to hop step instead of dunking/layup....any tutorial or hint?

phpBB [video]


I can do this with keyboard but not with gamepad...
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby eirik on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:22 pm

let go of turbo and tap shoot button
Image
eirik
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: NZ

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:34 am

eirik wrote:let go of turbo and tap shoot button


It doesn't work at all.....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:38 am

maumau78 wrote:
eirik wrote:let go of turbo and tap shoot button


It doesn't work at all.....


That works for me every time. Odd... I use an Xbox One Wireless controller and have no issues. I just do a single tap of the shoot button while driving and I do the hopstep..
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:46 am

Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
eirik wrote:let go of turbo and tap shoot button


It doesn't work at all.....


That works for me every time. Odd... I use an Xbox One Wireless controller and have no issues. I just do a single tap of the shoot button while driving and I do the hopstep..


So I don't have to keep it pressed...just a tap?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:48 am

maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
eirik wrote:let go of turbo and tap shoot button


It doesn't work at all.....


That works for me every time. Odd... I use an Xbox One Wireless controller and have no issues. I just do a single tap of the shoot button while driving and I do the hopstep..


So I don't have to keep it pressed...just a tap?


Yup, just tap it and he should do that hopstep you show in the Jason William's video.

Obviously you have to be driving towards the hoop to execute it, but it should work without issue.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Hop Step with 1.05 Update

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:08 am

Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
eirik wrote:let go of turbo and tap shoot button


It doesn't work at all.....


That works for me every time. Odd... I use an Xbox One Wireless controller and have no issues. I just do a single tap of the shoot button while driving and I do the hopstep..


So I don't have to keep it pressed...just a tap?


Yup, just tap it and he should do that hopstep you show in the Jason William's video.

Obviously you have to be driving towards the hoop to execute it, but it should work without issue.

(Y) thanks I will try
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2818
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy


Return to NBA 2K20

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests