Players' head animation

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Players' head animation

Postby jacssalas on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Anyone else bothered of how the players' heads lean forward? It's most noticeable when they run. But when you think you've got that perfect jump shot combination for a specific player in the in-game player editor, it kills all immersion in the actual games as they unrealistically lean their heads forward when they shoot. Personally, I don't think it's breaking the game, I just find it annoying.

I'm sorry if this seems like a topic not worth a thread of, I just needed to point it out and see if anybody else noticed it, and maybe feel the same way as I do.
jacssalas

Re: Players' head animation

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:37 pm

You're right, and the problem is also noticeable on some dunks.
if you play 2k15/16/17, a lot of head's animations are better by far.
Since 2K introduced the new motion engine, player skeleton and posture is pretty awful.
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
sticky-fingers

Re: Players' head animation

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 pm

It's a forum for discussing anything and everything about the games (within the rules about hacking online and piracy, of course), so no issues here. The topic is welcome. :)

I hadn't really noticed that specifically to be honest, but now that you've pointed out, I'll probably not be able to not see it (kind of like Kenny pointing out the issue with CPU players making green releases). As sticky-fingers said, there is a lot of awkwardness in the current motion engine.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20