CPU Irreal double team

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: CPU Irreal double team

Postby maumau78 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:45 pm

...different story with the Nuggets...

...they doubled him even on the perimeter & corners on really hot times....

...on previous possession AI was doubled becouse he was scoring like 3 buckets in a row...he missed a shot and on the next one....

no double at all.

This was late game situation....again no nonsense double....double comes after 10 seconds of AI isolation....which makes sense IMHO.

BTW I'm with patch 1.02 with just defensive awarness at 50....I don't feel in totally broken just need to be adjusted in 1.03.

Another stuff I love in 2k20....when AI is hot Coach keep him on the court....If he get cold & tired they bench him.....love this :applaud:
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:21 am

Lagoa wrote:I made comparisons with the NBA 2K19 now tonight ...

The 2K20 is COMPLETELY BROKEN right now! The defense is very aggressive all the time. Completely surreal.

After 6 points with Iverson, the CPU defense doubles him as long as he catches the ball BEFORE THE CENTER OF THE COURT!!! They run to steal the ball all the time...

Just enter the low post with Embiid or Simmons that on the SAME SECOND, I get double or even triple team (ALL THE TIME 100%)

The CPU defense makes no mistake in any decision in pick n rolls. I wasn't finding it so bad until I put 2K19 back on and see when I have control of the moves and how much more real it is compared to 2K20.

For now I'm tired of this game .... its frustrates right now. Without a patch for fix this irreal defense, i´m go play 2K19 this year...

Bro Lagoa,

I also play the same games I played with 2k20 in 2k19 minutes ago...

In 2k19 Double Teams are really rare to see.....I was PHI vs KNICKS....Allan Houston was hot and I saw almoust 0 Double Teams all game long....I mean maybe 2k20 is a little bit exagerrated....but in 2k19 double teams are not perfect to0...

Like D43 said the "base" of 2k20 is really good....just need some tweaks and improvement....I personally love in 2k20:

- Contact & Foot Plant
- Dunks (some of them looks impressive)
- Ball Physics and Rim Physics (it's improved from 2k19....play both and you'll see)
- On-Ball Defense
- Shorts Lenght
- Accessory Color select on pre-game

Hope 2K can improve even more on next updates or 2k21....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Issy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:33 am

For me its gamebreaking.

Even if they manage to reduce DT's frequencies the cpu does not know how to use the DT correctly. They can leave someone alone in the under the basket or leave a Steph Curry alone at 3 pts. That's what happened to me on 2k19, I put four baskets in a row with McGee and they they started making him double team letting open Curry, Thompson & Durant...

I think they put crazy DTs so that the grind in MyCareer is more difficult, frustrating players to buy vc. It's just my opinion but I must not be too far from the truth.
Issy

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:16 am

2K Sports is aware of this problem. According to Da_Czar it will be fixed, Watch his video. Da_Czar is a former community member who works for 2K. I don't know how to post a video. :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esJZJttnd8g
Bassman58

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 am

Here, I embedded it for you.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 am

Good to hear, hopefully it'll be addressed in the first big patch.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:14 am

The question is HOW THE FUCK CAN THIS PASS TESTING ?! :shock:

BTW, i tried something, swap sides and change coach double team (but there's no off options), but it doesnt work.
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
sticky-fingers

Postby Lagoa on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 am

So, this aggressive 3pts line and low post is exaggerated, boring, but in fact it doesn't bother me as much as the double team pressure before passing the middle of the court .... this is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS and IRREAL. ..

We don't see that in real basketball. Either the WHOLE TEAM puts pressure, or not .... double team when the opponent takes the ball and not even hit the court to start ofense only shows how much 2k does not test their games.

They create a reality in which they think it will be fun for the game and put it there! 2K is over, simulation is no more important. All that matters is selling stuffs on MYPLAYER.
Sorry my Bad English
Lagoa

Postby fordtech99 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:03 am

i personally wouldnt mind the DT if the help defense wasnt always perfect. even with poor overall defenders and poor help defenders. this is where the changes should be made in my opinion. double teaming is a gamble in actuality but a sure thing in 2K20 fro the CPU.
fordtech99

Postby maumau78 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Patch 1.03 is out but I'm at a wedding this weekend :-(

I never saw "Double Teams" on specific patch notes.....can somebody confirm that was addressed / toned down on this game update?

Code: Select all
Numerous Gameplay improvements & fixes including: support for standing stepback escapes and finishing alley-oops with Pro Stick, out of bounds awareness improvements, more reliable interior shot defense contact detection, logic fixes for certain badges, and much more.
Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20!
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:16 pm

maumau78 wrote:Patch 1.03 is out but I'm at a wedding this weekend :-(

I never saw "Double Teams" on specific patch notes.....can somebody confirm that was addressed / toned down on this game update?

EDIT:

On operationsports.com people are reporting it's gone with patch 1.03...other people are reporting that even for 1.02 was a problem only on play now....on MyLeague the BUG did't happen....I didn't play MyLeague so IDK.
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lagoa on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:04 am

Will test now patch 1.03!
Sorry my Bad English
Lagoa

Postby Lagoa on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pm

I played for 2 periods only and it seems the problem is gone! The gameplay is much more fun in my opinion.

Iverson was fired in the first period, did not receive any double team in the middle of the court, but on several occasions, had double marking in pick n roll outs (MUCH REAL)

I need to test more but I loved the first impression of patch 1.03
Sorry my Bad English
Lagoa

Postby maumau78 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:29 pm

I had just one game with patch 1.03 and here are my impressions compared to day 0 NBA 2K20 game:

- Double Teams before half-court are gone
- CPU still double you If you get hot....but It's toned down and they seems a lot smarter
- CPU calls more timeouts
- Shooting releases seems faster and shooting % now seems just...right...I miss many 3's but this maybe it's just me need more practice
- Hop step effectiveness seems toned down too
- Still Offenseive Rebounds is overpowered but this can be adjusted with sliders
- I've the game speed at 50....seems perfect on 1.03 patch while on 1.00 was too slow paced IMHO
- People reported that player feel with less weight....IDK have to check this out I personally feel the weight and footplant is just equal to day 0 game.

As now 1.03 seems like this is the game they had to release on september 6.....I really still don't understand why they shipped a game with a HUGE bug like before half court DT.....why this was not caught by QA is a mystery to me :(

EDIT: I did play few more games...keep in mind that before patch 1.03 double teams in MyLeague was almoust not present while it was too much on play now....

[MyLeague Season game with 2003 Lakers ]
- I saw O'Neal being always DT on the low post with a lot of help defense and hard DT
- I saw Payton, Malone being DT on mismatch situations
- I saw Kobe being DT when he was hot but also when he was normal which is great; Kobe is really a player defense should focus

[Quick Game with 2006 Cavs @ Kincks]
- Lebron was doubled in the post on second possession of the game
- I seen Big Z. doubled on the post

Overall I think 1.03 is a great patch solves a lot of problems and the gameplay is very balanced.,,,still how they shipped this game with the above mentionend BUGS is for absurd.

Happy they fixed many things on this patch.
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lagoa on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:08 am

My only doubt now has been the FT's. I tested patch 1.03 a little, but didn't see CPU going to FT line playing on HOF. It happened to you guys too?

Maumau78, agree, WHY RELEASE A INCOMPLETE GAME!?
Sorry my Bad English
Lagoa

Postby Issy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 am

AI does not DT since the throw-in but for me the main problem is still present.

phpBB [video]

I intentionally make 3 baskets in a row with Cauley-Stein and they DT him.
It's totally absurd to DT Cauley-Stein and leave Curry alone at 3 pts. Especially when the best defender of the league already defends on Cauley-Stein.

There is also the DT which leaves a single player complety alone below the basket.
It just does not make sense... It's not realistic and it ruins the pleasure.
Issy

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20