#fix2k20

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

#fix2k20

Postby sanmarco on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm

I want to be more pessimistic about the NBA 2K franchise.
We are nearing the end of the julio-claudian dynasty.
The game is on its decline. :applaud:
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Re: #fix2k20

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Reviews are nice, but without info on sales they're meaningless.
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
https://www.twitch.tv/thepointforward

ImageImageImage
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 am

The top post on the NBA2k subreddit...

This forum is becoming an echo chamber.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 am

I think 2K has pushed their luck as far as goodwill is concerned, and backlash over various issues was inevitable. That being said, not all of the feedback is constructive, and while the community is keen to see NBA 2K20 fixed - hence the hashtag - people certainly have different ideas as to what fixing the game actually entails.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 am

Andrew wrote:I think 2K has pushed their luck as far as goodwill is concerned, and backlash over various issues was inevitable. That being said, not all of the feedback is constructive, and while the community is keen to see NBA 2K20 fixed - hence the hashtag - people certainly have different ideas as to what fixing the game actually entails.

That’s my issue with the hashtag. People are championing it without explaining how they want it fixed. Hell, if you got three people together in a room to explain what the issue was, they’d all have differing opinions. One guy hates the movement because he can’t own in the Park but likes everything...therefore #fix2k20. Another loves the new motion system but can’t get online...here comes #fix2k20. People are yelling into a void with no direction.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 am

That's a long-standing issue when it comes to Wishlists and feedback. It's one of the reasons we've often emphasised the point to not just say "fix the gameplay" or "make (whatever mode) better"; we need to explain what our gripe is, how we believe the gameplay should be fixed, how a mode can get better. There's unity in the sentiment, but not the specifics, if indeed the specifics are mentioned at all. And indeed, when they are mentioned, there are different contingents within the community who want different things, and it's hard to please everyone.

If nothing else, the technical issues need to be addressed first and foremost. Gameplay tweaks need more of a consensus (and time to reach it), but things that flat out aren't working properly have to be fixed as soon as possible. I also think they need to address some of the issues where misinformation has been communicated during the preview season; do some damage control and foster some goodwill.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby NewJerseyNets on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:48 pm

To be fair a lot of the criticism is undue. I don't play the baseball, soccer, hockey, or football sims but NBA 2k has to be within the upper echelon of sports sims. I always enjoy the gameplay every year, despite the flaws (skating, infinite offensive rebounds).

This is coming from a guy who is really annoyed by MyGM 2.0's restrictiveness and the lack of attention given to the default 2k draft classes.

Simply put every issue I have with the game seems patchable so I don't agree with giving them bad reviews.

I suspect it's coming from the MyCareer, Park, and MyTeam crowd.
NewJerseyNets

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

NewJerseyNets wrote:To be fair a lot of the criticism is undue. I don't play the baseball, soccer, hockey, or football sims but NBA 2k has to be within the upper echelon of sports sims. I always enjoy the gameplay every year, despite the flaws (skating, infinite offensive rebounds).

This is coming from a guy who is really annoyed by MyGM 2.0's restrictiveness and the lack of attention given to the default 2k draft classes.

Simply put every issue I have with the game seems patchable so I don't agree with giving them bad reviews.

I suspect it's coming from the MyCareer, Park, and MyTeam crowd.

Just a heads up, put offensive rebounding at 30 and defensive rebounding at 70 for user and CPU in the sliders. It fixed it for me, I had realistic offensive rebound numbers 3 games in a row.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:48 am

I was critical at first of 2K20, but after playing numerous games, I'm starting to like it more. Sure, it has some flaws as the previous versions did. But, I'm kind of impressed with some of the gameplay improvements. It finally plays like a real NBA game, with players cutting to the rim, momentum swings, and appropriate timeouts called to stop runs, clean looks not automatically going in, and new animations of players pushing and barking at each other, after a play. The things that I'm still peeved with are transition defense, weakside help defenders to close down the lane on drives, players left wide open, with no defender in sight, elimination of a ton of on the fly play calling, and those floating shots, that always go in, no misses period !! This could be the best 2K in years, with a little more tweaking.
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:57 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I was critical at first of 2K20, but after playing numerous games, I'm starting to like it more. Sure, it has some flaws as the previous versions did. But, I'm kind of impressed with some of the gameplay improvements. It finally plays like a real NBA game, with players cutting to the rim, momentum swings, and appropriate timeouts called to stop runs, clean looks not automatically going in, and new animations of players pushing and barking at each other, after a play. The things that I'm still peeved with are transition defense, weakside help defenders to close down the lane on drives, players left wide open, with no defender in sight, elimination of a ton of on the fly play calling, and those floating shots, that always go in, no misses period !! This could be the best 2K in years, with a little more tweaking.

I have been playing a ton and uploading videos. Honestly, I like this game better than 2K18 and 2K19. It reminds me a lot of 2K11.

It has some issues which a lot of us have mentioned and acknowledged, but this release DOES get me excited for next gen. I think outside of player movement issues they are headed in the right direction. I think the game needs some more foot planting, control, and speed tweaks. But, they have a good BASE.

That's for offline 5 on 5, mind you. The online crowd has a whole other set of issues.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby aguifs on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:53 am

They improved the arena lighting. Finally!!!! The gameplay is solid. I just get some occasional stuttering that drives me mad. The game needs some performance tweaks! So far, so good!
aguifs

Return to NBA 2K20