MyTEAM 2K20

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: MyTEAM 2K20

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Wrote about some MyTEAM mechanics that I feel are outdated in this week's Friday Five: https://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-fiv ... in-myteam/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Finally dunked with Wade to evolve that card! Happened while I was playing the first game in the Iguodala Spotlight Challenge. Got a steal with Wade, conserved as much sprint as I could, then held back on the stick as he was between the dotted line and no charge circle. Compared to the goal of scoring 10 points with him, that was an ordeal! Should've saved the clip for posterity.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:18 am

Andrew wrote:Finally dunked with Wade to evolve that card! Happened while I was playing the first game in the Iguodala Spotlight Challenge. Got a steal with Wade, conserved as much sprint as I could, then held back on the stick as he was between the dotted line and no charge circle. Compared to the goal of scoring 10 points with him, that was an ordeal! Should've saved the clip for posterity.

When I finally go the dunk, instantly a dark thought ran through my head that the game would crash before I could exit the match when it was done lol. It caused so much pain getting that dunk
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Oh, that thought went through my mind as well. "Please don't let the game crash, or a server error occur". Getting a dunk with Dwyane Wade shouldn't be that much of an event and cause for excitement, but it was. They really messed up the tendencies on that one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Picked up MJ from the Flash pack for around 23,000 MT on PC. He's much more expensive on PS4, seems the market hasn't crashed yet. I'll have to wait a little while and keep saving MT.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:12 pm

The challenge called for 50 points with Kareem, of course I had to bring out the sky hook throughout

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Nice! Looks like Odom had a decent outing as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Yes! Odom is a really good card and surprisingly cheap when I bought him. He lives in this weird MyTeam universe as an elite 3 point shooter, which makes him seemingly unstoppable lol
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I'm hoping that he and Bosh will appear in the rosters outside of MyTEAM before too long. If 2K has secured their likeness rights again - which they obviously have - then it's a waste not putting them on the appropriate All-Time and classic teams.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm hoping that he and Bosh will appear in the rosters outside of MyTEAM before too long. If 2K has secured their likeness rights again - which they obviously have - then it's a waste not putting them on the appropriate All-Time and classic teams.

Agreed, the list of players only available in MyTeam is getting a bit too long for my liking. There were some other legends that I came across in the Kareem spotlight challenges. None of the bullet players had cyberfaces, but it looks like 2k clearly has the rights to some more players
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 pm

I was looking through the All-Time and classic teams while putting together this week's Friday Five, and noticed that Cedric Ceballos isn't available outside of MyTEAM this year. One of the great things NBA 2K has done with its historical content is to make it accessible in other modes, compared to the more limited amount of historical content in NBA Live that is wholly exclusive to Ultimate Team. It'd be a shame if more and more players become MyTEAM exclusives, especially when there are more classic teams that could feasibly be added.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:51 am

Andrew wrote:I was looking through the All-Time and classic teams while putting together this week's Friday Five, and noticed that Cedric Ceballos isn't available outside of MyTEAM this year. One of the great things NBA 2K has done with its historical content is to make it accessible in other modes, compared to the more limited amount of historical content in NBA Live that is wholly exclusive to Ultimate Team. It'd be a shame if more and more players become MyTEAM exclusives, especially when there are more classic teams that could feasibly be added.

I believe Ceballos can be found in his historic draft class and extracted with player DNA. They have lower profile guys like Ronny Turiaf, Luke Ridnour, Brian Cook etc. in some classes, but can’t manage to add new additions like Joe Smith. It’s quite frustrating :crazyeyes:
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:24 am

That's something at least. Still, quite a few missed opportunities out of the box.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:Yes! Odom is a really good card and surprisingly cheap when I bought him. He lives in this weird MyTeam universe as an elite 3 point shooter, which makes him seemingly unstoppable lol

All they do is fuck up the releases on these historic players. Arenas and Turkoglu shot like lightning last year for no reason. I think they fixed Turkoglu this year, but they literally had him jump like five feet in the air when the dude had an unorthodox set shot!
[Hyperize]

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:24 am

cavs4872 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:Yes! Odom is a really good card and surprisingly cheap when I bought him. He lives in this weird MyTeam universe as an elite 3 point shooter, which makes him seemingly unstoppable lol

All they do is fuck up the releases on these historic players. Arenas and Turkoglu shot like lightning last year for no reason. I think they fixed Turkoglu this year, but they literally had him jump like five feet in the air when the dude had an unorthodox set shot!

They only do that to sell packs. It's all about having the best jump shots and ratings when it comes to MyTeam. That's why we see these inaccurate shots and centers with high 3 point ratings
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:11 am

There are also oversights in the default rosters when it comes to historical players, though. Sometimes it feels that the attention to detail isn't there like it used to be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Andrew wrote:There are also oversights in the default rosters when it comes to historical players, though. Sometimes it feels that the attention to detail isn't there like it used to be.

Andre Miller is somehow #9 instead of 24 on the 09-10 Blazers (a number he never even wore in his career) and even little stuff like Brendan Haywood wearing a shooting sleeve on the Wizards... the only reason stuff like this happens is because Haywood wore a sleeve when he finished his career on the Cavs, so they just directly import the player's last appearance.

And then you have dumb stuff like Dwight Howard's MyTEAM Magic evolution having blonde braids... like they really couldn't take the 2.5 seconds to fix something so obviously wrong? It even reminds me of stuff like a decade ago where Live or 2K would promise dynamic roster updates like how Carmelo shaved off the braids but it never happened... some things never change. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:51 pm

There have been likeness updates in both games, but both companies have arguably overpromised in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:19 am

cavs4872 wrote:
Andrew wrote:There are also oversights in the default rosters when it comes to historical players, though. Sometimes it feels that the attention to detail isn't there like it used to be.

Andre Miller is somehow #9 instead of 24 on the 09-10 Blazers (a number he never even wore in his career) and even little stuff like Brendan Haywood wearing a shooting sleeve on the Wizards... the only reason stuff like this happens is because Haywood wore a sleeve when he finished his career on the Cavs, so they just directly import the player's last appearance.

And then you have dumb stuff like Dwight Howard's MyTEAM Magic evolution having blonde braids... like they really couldn't take the 2.5 seconds to fix something so obviously wrong? It even reminds me of stuff like a decade ago where Live or 2K would promise dynamic roster updates like how Carmelo shaved off the braids but it never happened... some things never change. :lol:

They are incredibly lazy. Andre Miller wears number 9 because he's a direct player DNA copy of Ricky Rubio (I'm pretty sure it says he's from Spain :applaud: ). Etan Thomas is a player DNA copy of Ian Mahinmi, Deshawn Stevenson is a copy of Thabo Sefolosha (says he is from Switzerland). They may need to consider getting a better person for historic rosters.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:13 am

Got lucky from playing Triple Threat with this vault pull

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:59 am

Nice! Sure beats my one token reward!

The amount of copy and paste in the rosters is disappointing, in MyTEAM and otherwise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:06 pm

Andrew wrote:Nice! Sure beats my one token reward!

The amount of copy and paste in the rosters is disappointing, in MyTEAM and otherwise.

I ended up pulling a second Hinrich and was forced to quicksell him. I wish I could donate it instead of just make it disappear from existence. We need a Ben Gordon for a baby bulls team
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:19 pm

I'd like to see that as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:30 am

Been grinding more triple threat offline while I do evo cards.

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 am

With all those tokens in your pocket, I'm guessing you've pretty much completed all the Weekly Challenges so far?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20