MyTEAM 2K20

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: MyTEAM 2K20

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:45 am

Andrew wrote:With all those tokens in your pocket, I'm guessing you've pretty much completed all the Weekly Challenges so far?

No they’ve mostly been from locker codes and playing Triple Threat. I’m getting close to unlocking the diamond tier for token rewards.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:30 am

That's some good fortune and good grinding, then!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:37 am

Merry Christmas all,

I would have preferred Wilt, Stockton, or Peja, but I'll take it!

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Couldn't really go wrong with that code! I got David Thompson on PC, Wilt Chamberlain on PS4.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Ended up selling my Pink Diamond Wilt Chamberlain on PS4 and buying the Diamond Michael Jordan card, so I've got him on both PC and PS4 now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:34 am

Andrew wrote:Ended up selling my Pink Diamond Wilt Chamberlain on PS4 and buying the Diamond Michael Jordan card, so I've got him on both PC and PS4 now.

Can never go wrong with his airness. I just wish they properly assigned his one hand palming the ball pump fake animation to his player. I would be doing that every time he touches the ball lol
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:56 am

No doubt! Brings back memories of NBA Live 2003.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:12 am

Andrew wrote:No doubt! Brings back memories of NBA Live 2003.

[ Image ]

The animation is still in the game luckily, so we can assign it for custom rosters. I like giving it to MJ and Kawhi because they are the only ones I've seen do it regularly.

Got lucky with a diamond shoe pull from a free consumables pack so I was able to use the MT to start completing current team collections for tokens. Moved up a card collector tier to get Eddie Jones. I've unlocked the diamond tier. I picked Pau Gasol first for some 2000s nostalgia. A little too much Lakers for my taste lately lol

Thunder Shaq

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:28 am

If I had that shoe I would've had no clue it was worth that much. :shock:

I got that Zion card as well; amazing mobility on it.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 am

Nice haul of MT! Though, I saw that a card went for over 10 million MT on PC. That's just insane.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:27 am

Sniped a Chris Bosh (never seen him below 100k buyout before). Very tempted to lock in for Tacko lol. Can't see me wanting to sell back the Boshstrich, Odom, or the Goat anyways.

Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Gotta go for Tacko!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Damn lucky, Shaq. Never got a standalone card from the vault, despite 500 wins. But would rather take that sweet diamond contracts though. And congrats to that Bosh snipe. Pretty good card.

Desperately need a Oscar Robertson and a Hakeem to complete those spotlight challenges, but not willing (nor able) to put 200k each on the table.
SGee

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am

Does anyone bother with the Daily Agenda? To me, the paltry amount of MT doesn't seem worth it, especially if you have to try to get a couple of the players to fulfil the requirements. I'd have to say MT rewards in general are underwhelming. Not that it's difficult to put a good team together and I have been enjoying the mode, but good ideas like the Daily Agenda aren't as appealing or useful as they should be because of the low reward to requirement ratio. I also remember reading something about the goals being generated/tailored to what you've been playing, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:38 am

I would say some aspects of MyTeam are more rewarding than others. Personally, I find most moment challenges to not be worth my time. A recent one was score 49 points with a single player for 2500 MT. Just not worth the time. The daily agenda is often not worth it, I usually only get those by accident
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 am

I've noticed that about the Moments Challenges as well. There definitely are rewarding aspects of MyTEAM, but other things are strangely and quite disappointingly not worth it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 am

Besides that minimal amount of mt, those are often (at least when i check them) tied to Heat Check Cards, which are not in a great spot right now. But in general the reward structure should get a serious overhaul.. More packs, more mt for actually playing the game to cut the auction house dominance.

I've completed the moment challenge Shaqs talking about today. Seems like a good amount of MT - 4 to 5 times the amount i get from unrewarded "profi" completions (500 to 700 mt). Reasonable, if you one try them. If the dailies would be in that range i would seriously check them more often.

But what i would love to see is a customizable difficulty option where the reward is scaled accordingly. And a nice idea would be to incorporate the moment players (from the moment cards) in the moment challenges to get a glimpse at their playplay. (and to add context to those cards)
SGee

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am

I've noticed that as well, the frequent use of Heat Check cards in the daily tasks. That's a lack of variety if nothing else.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 pm

I actually like the philosophy behind Heat Checks (scaling accordingly their live performance; doesn't seemto include bages though). But they should replace Base cards, not be additional. But I think this will change in future versions.

There is simply too few MT flowing to collect another theme. My Mt mostly went into spotlights and the RDs' have a ridiculous price tag attached. Bought the Robertson lately (3 spotlights later) and still payed 75k due to the Giannis completion reward.
SGee

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:56 am

The value of everything in MyTEAM is horrendous: Amethysts release to 3K on the Auction House these days, whereas it took me till yesterday since launch to get my first from the token market.

As Gee said, "Auction House dominance" is the perfect way of putting it. Heat Check players should be worth something and useable beyond collector level.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 am

I also like the idea of Heat Check cards, but the need to collect them in addition to the base cards makes the Daily Agenda less feasible, and contributes to Auction House dominance (I agree that's a great way of putting it). As I said, the rewards aren't worth the trouble. For example, if the goal is to win a game with three Clippers Heat Check players, even if I'm able to pick up those three cards for 1000 MT apiece, I'm not making that MT back on the in-game earnings and Daily Agenda bonus combined. I'm coming out at a loss, even if I beat the challenge.

If rewards were something like 3-5 tokens, or 10,000 MT, or a ball drop, or a card for completing all the Daily Agenda goals, then it'd be worth the investment. A pittance of MT is not.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56 am

Yeah, it's wondersome how acquiry and sustainment (contracts/shoes if you're really fancy) isn't taken into consideration. (Contract wise diamond cards cost 100 each per game)

This point of view makes the "reward" structure look even worse.

Did the final Jabbar challenge yesterday. Needed aprox. 13 tries. (you have to play with mostly undersized player against a freak squad; several times won but didn't score 60 with KAJ and vice versa)... 7500 MT sounds a lot, but keeping up the RDs and diamonds with contracts and the others with MT you spend about 1.3k per game. Given that you average 900 completion bonus, the reward is melting quickly. So... But in the end Giannis was worth the hassle. (and the previous challenges were smooth sailing).

Anyway, didn't check but as which gem level Heat Checks are handled? (Asking because the upkeep costs) Dependent on the OVR strength or flat rate?

PS: Resold the 2 red diamonds (Jabbar spotlight) and Robertson for 900k (thats above ridicolous). Would have been more if i sold Worthy without a buyout price. Just to underline the AH dominance :crazyeyes:

... and as Hyperize indicated, the gap between Pink Diamonds (in few cases diamonds) and Amethists is enormous, but explainable.Everyone and their mother is gravitating to the "best" cards available: Another reason they HAVE TO set up a framework to use these Heatchecks off- and online. And this is not done by dripping out some half-assed "rewards".
SGee

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 am

SGee wrote:Anyway, didn't check but as which gem level Heat Checks are handled? (Asking because the upkeep costs) Dependent on the OVR strength or flat rate?

Interesting question... I'd imagine it's based on the player's overall, but it would be nice to get some confirmation.

The one thing I don't understand about everyone gravitating toward the best cards is it's not necessary this year since they've actually implemented a proper matchmaking system; I just choose players and cards I like regardless of rating (which is how it should be, unlike when I went on MUT and had my 69 OVR team pitted against a 99).
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:59 pm

Got a Daily Agenda goal that offered 1 Token for evolving a player. Had a card that was easy to level up, so managed to get that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SGee on Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:30 am

Hyperize- wrote:The one thing I don't understand about everyone gravitating toward the best cards is it's not necessary this year since they've actually implemented a proper matchmaking system; I just choose players and cards I like regardless of rating (which is how it should be, unlike when I went on MUT and had my 69 OVR team pitted against a 99).

Yeah, that's at least online a way to keep lower tier cards relevant.(and it appears many do actually "downgrade"; take a look at the cards most played at the community hubs lower right corner. PG/SG are actually rubys). I followed this tab over time and realized that shift early january. And the rest is always populated with spotlight featured evo cards - mello atm is a rare coincidence.

What many people seem to forget is that you're able to push stats with trainers/shooes/floor general/defensive leader up to 13 points. So, with the right selection of badges and fiddling around with consumables/franchise stuff oyu should get a pretty good ruby (or whatever gemcolor) squad going and still are able to dominate. In the beginning PDs were the obvious choiceto domiate with less effort. But as PD becomes commonplace, prices getting ridiculous, gameplay wise things settled in and 2k is starting to push in a pretty "ardcadey" direction pretty early (popping out range extender cards like candy), i expect more minmaxing in the other direction.

PS: :!: The Heatchecks upkeep costs are flat rate 240 MT per 5 games (tested with a 82 normal HC, a 88 hot HC and a 95 hot HC The 82 -which corresponds to emerald gem- base card cost 180 MT, the 95 500 MT per 5 games) This would make amethyst or better Heatcheck cards pretty cost effective.
SGee

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20