MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Postby pistonnation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 am

Okay. Did 2K actually remove an option that was incredibly useful? It appears so. When I go to edit a player's signature jumpshot, I can NO LONGER edit the "Release Timing" like I could in previous 2K's. WTF?! Why did they remove that option?! It was incredibly helpful to edit jumpshots!!! :evil: :x
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation
pistonnation

Re: MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Release timing is now based on the Quick Draw Badge. In my opinion that should've been a MyCAREER-specific change, but it looks like it affects every mode.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby gp2k25 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:28 pm

My only problem with this game is those darn colored socks. If anyone knows how to get just the white I would love to know
gp2k25

Postby pistonnation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Andrew wrote:Release timing is now based on the Quick Draw Badge. In my opinion that should've been a MyCAREER-specific change, but it looks like it affects every mode.

I agree to this, however, I am trying to SLOW down a players specific jumpshot release speed, and I cannot do it. They better put that feature back in the game pronto, I used it so much to fix jumpers on my custom roster. Very very sad they took this out. Absolutely should ONLY be tied to MyPlayer mode and that's it!
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation
pistonnation

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Ah. Yeah, no solution there apart from it being patched back in. I'm not confident that that will happen, unfortunately.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 pm

I believe this decision was made by 2K because of MyTeam.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:51 pm

It's definitely been done for balance. Whether it was an appropriate solution is debatable, but that was the reasoning.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby maumau78 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 am

Any possible way via roster editor or cheat table to bring this back?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:39 am

maumau78 wrote:Any possible way via roster editor or cheat table to bring this back?

Just use the quick draw badge. Silver equates to roughly “quick” and hall of fame equates to roughly “very quick”
bluejaybrandon

Postby maumau78 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:59 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
maumau78 wrote:Any possible way via roster editor or cheat table to bring this back?

Just use the quick draw badge. Silver equates to roughly “quick” and hall of fame equates to roughly “very quick”

Yes but this speed up entire animation base + release.....last year timing was only related to release......am I wrong?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:26 am

No I think you’re right. That’s an important distinction.
bluejaybrandon

Postby maumau78 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:No I think you’re right. That’s an important distinction.

I think I found a workaroud; by blending upper release with a very fast animation you will get "very quick" release that won't touch base.

So base speed will be the same while release will become faster....2k19 like.

phpBB [video]

<div class='bbvideo' data-url='{URL}' style='width: 640px; height: 390px; margin: 2px 0; display: inline-block; background: #000; color: #fff; overflow: hidden; vertical-align: bottom;'><div style='height: 100%;'><script>if (typeof bbmedia == 'undefined') { bbmedia = true; var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; e.src = 'bbmedia.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(e, s); }</script></div><div style='text-align: right; height: 14px; margin-top: -14px; padding-right: 2px; font: 10px/10px Verdana; color: #555;'><a style='color: #105289; text-decoration: none;' href='http://phpbbex.com/' target='_blank'>phpBB</a> &#91;video&#93;</div></div>
Last edited by maumau78 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 am

but wouldn't that change the release animation
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 pm

TGsoGood wrote:but wouldn't that change the release animation

I did find a similar animation but with shorter release time....in that way the original release form is almost keep intact....
..I know it's not the perfect solution but it works quite nice....take a look at the above video
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K20