MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Postby pistonnation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:50 am

Okay. Did 2K actually remove an option that was incredibly useful? It appears so. When I go to edit a player's signature jumpshot, I can NO LONGER edit the "Release Timing" like I could in previous 2K's. WTF?! Why did they remove that option?! It was incredibly helpful to edit jumpshots!!! :evil: :x
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation
pistonnation

Re: MAJOR takeaway from edit player menu

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Release timing is now based on the Quick Draw Badge. In my opinion that should've been a MyCAREER-specific change, but it looks like it affects every mode.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby gp2k25 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:28 pm

My only problem with this game is those darn colored socks. If anyone knows how to get just the white I would love to know
gp2k25

Postby pistonnation on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Andrew wrote:Release timing is now based on the Quick Draw Badge. In my opinion that should've been a MyCAREER-specific change, but it looks like it affects every mode.

I agree to this, however, I am trying to SLOW down a players specific jumpshot release speed, and I cannot do it. They better put that feature back in the game pronto, I used it so much to fix jumpers on my custom roster. Very very sad they took this out. Absolutely should ONLY be tied to MyPlayer mode and that's it!
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation
pistonnation

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Ah. Yeah, no solution there apart from it being patched back in. I'm not confident that that will happen, unfortunately.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

I believe this decision was made by 2K because of MyTeam.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm

It's definitely been done for balance. Whether it was an appropriate solution is debatable, but that was the reasoning.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20