New NLVC member - Get to know me

Talk about NBA Live 20 here.

New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:16 am

Hi all!

I just became a member of the NLVC (NBA Live Veterans Committee). I realized that I have about 1,500 subscribers on YouTube, but my subscribers and you guys don't really know me. I made this video so you guys could better connect with me.

I'll still be modding in here, and as usual will buy both 2K and Live titles.

Let me know if you have any questions!

phpBB [video]


Note: This was in the cancellation thread, but after talking with Andrew it made sense to have it on it's own thread. I will be active in the Live community.

Any questions for me, let me know!

Thank you!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Congrats!

It's great that with all the ups and downs, we've still got people passionate about NBA Live and looking to make content for it. The game still has a ways to go, but I still believe that it's within the best interests of basketball gamers to have at least two viable choices. For all the great things NBA 2K has done, there's room for more than one game, and some of the less admirable things they've done mean that an alternative is important to have. NLVC has done some great work with feedback and content.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108069
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Andrew wrote:Congrats!

It's great that with all the ups and downs, we've still got people passionate about NBA Live and looking to make content for it. The game still has a ways to go, but I still believe that it's within the best interests of basketball gamers to have at least two viable choices. For all the great things NBA 2K has done, there's room for more than one game, and some of the less admirable things they've done mean that an alternative is important to have. NLVC has done some great work with feedback and content.


Thank you!

100% agree. I miss the days of EA, 2K, 989 Sports, Midway, Microsoft, Konami etc competing in the basketball gaming space. We had so many different options to choose from.

Konami was actually underrated in that space with the NBA In The Zone series, I personally liked In The Zone 2 a lot.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 am

You should just repost the extensive background you gave in that earlier thread. People really got a good feel of your story and experience with basketball from that post. I mean clean it up a little but it was very detailed.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:You should just repost the extensive background you gave in that earlier thread. People really got a good feel of your story and experience with basketball from that post. I mean clean it up a little but it was very detailed.


Glad you were paying attention, and indeed some of that is in here.

I appreciate the support, good man. (Y)
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:You should just repost the extensive background you gave in that earlier thread. People really got a good feel of your story and experience with basketball from that post. I mean clean it up a little but it was very detailed.


Glad you were paying attention, and indeed some of that is in here.

I appreciate the support, good man. (Y)


Oh I read every word of it. It was captivating and thorough.

I’ll have to check out the full video then. Out of curiosity, because you said you played in high school, what position? You shoot like a 2 but are built more like a 1 (based solely off the proportions in comparison to the basket).
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:You should just repost the extensive background you gave in that earlier thread. People really got a good feel of your story and experience with basketball from that post. I mean clean it up a little but it was very detailed.


Glad you were paying attention, and indeed some of that is in here.

I appreciate the support, good man. (Y)


Oh I read every word of it. It was captivating and thorough.

I’ll have to check out the full video then. Out of curiosity, because you said you played in high school, what position? You shoot like a 2 but are built more like a 1 (based solely off the proportions in comparison to the basket).


I'm 6'2" and played PG, but am also a scorer.

And nah, that wasn't thorough at all, trust me.

And this video is to introduce myself to my subscribers (which a lot are from outside the NLSC) and potential subscribers so people can better connect with me overall. The NLVC has a close relationship with the developers of NBA Live, and its a chance for me to possibly connect with them and possibly help make positive changes to future NBA Live games, and during game cycles.

It also allows me to better connect with basketball gaming fans on social media, take in feedback, and give that feedback to developers.

So any questions, suggestions, ideas, etc. Don't be hesitant reaching out. We have a podcast every other week, and we discuss a wide range of topics and field questions from people.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 am

Understood. Well best of luck with the undertaking. It’s got lots of room to grow as NBA Live progresses.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Understood. Well best of luck with the undertaking. It’s got lots of room to grow as NBA Live progresses.


Room to grow = opportunity. I'd rather attempt to build something from the ground up, than be part of something that is mostly complete.

Thanks, I appreciate the support.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Vlad2010 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 pm

https://youtu.be/kn2T_JnEiGs?t=109
Dee4Three, I sent to you PM back in May about your NBA 2k16 Ultimate Fantasy Draft Roster, but I didn't receive response. So, do you selectively respond to messages, or just need to write several times so that you see them?
User avatar
Vlad2010
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Vlad2010 wrote:https://youtu.be/kn2T_JnEiGs?t=109
Dee4Three, I sent to you PM back in May about your NBA 2k16 Ultimate Fantasy Draft Roster, but I didn't receive response. So, do you selectively respond to messages, or just need to write several times so that you see them?


Vlad,

Is that really fair? You realize that I wouldnt purposely ignore you right? I could have literally forgot to respond. No advantage to me ignoring you considering responding to someone only takes a minute.

Let me check when I get home from work to see if I still have the files.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Vlad2010 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:23 pm

Dee4Three, I have no complaints to you, it was just a clarifying question. :D
User avatar
Vlad2010
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am

Just released it with a video in the 2K16 modding section (same thread)
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Vlad2010 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Dee4Three, Thank you very much :)
User avatar
Vlad2010
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:16 am

Vlad2010 wrote:Dee4Three, Thank you very much :)


You're welcome.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:55 am

About your video, in fact, I didnt learn so much more about you.
You already post most of the informations here on NLSC.

BTW, what's NLVC ? any link with NLSC ?
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:14 am

sticky-fingers wrote:About your video, in fact, I didnt learn so much more about you.
You already post most of the informations here on NLSC.

BTW, what's NLVC ? any link with NLSC ?


A lot of subscribers are not from the NLSC, and not everybody sees those posts.

And no, NLVC is the NBA Live Veterans Committee, they have been around for awhile. Basically, we talk about the games and are passionate about the Live series (wanting it to succeed), and hold podcasts and give feedback to the devs on which direction we think they should take the series gameplay and feature wise.

This is a chance for me to possibly make a difference with the series, so I am going to give it my best shot.

7 members of the NLVC right now
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: New NLVC member - Get to know me

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:05 am

It wasnt a critic, just factual, we've both been here for a while.

Thanx for the explanation about NLVC.
One thing about Live i dont like, and mostly all EA sports games including FIFA, is the robotic feeling of the animations.
Hope to see Live back AND on PC, with better animations.
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am


Return to NBA Live 20

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest