I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby DrBurke on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 am

I want to learn how to make cyberfaces so I can bring something to this community. I truly want to help out, I just don't know where to begin.
DrBurke
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 am

DrBurke wrote:I want to learn how to make cyberfaces so I can bring something to this community. I truly want to help out, I just don't know where to begin.


Start with TGsoGood’s NBA2k17 video on full cyberface creation. That’s gives you a framework and the tools.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby DrBurke on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:20 am

bluejaybrandon thank you so much bro.
DrBurke
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:52 am

DrBurke wrote:bluejaybrandon thank you so much bro.


No problem. After you have a better understanding of the tools and terminology, I can try to help you along if you get stuck.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:23 am

YouTube has many videos. Videos from previous seasons and other games may help. There are also videos for Photoshop/GIMP/Paint Shop Pro/Paint.net and Blender.
User avatar
Bassman58
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:18 am

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
DrBurke wrote:I want to learn how to make cyberfaces so I can bring something to this community. I truly want to help out, I just don't know where to begin.


Start with TGsoGood’s NBA2k17 video on full cyberface creation. That’s gives you a framework and the tools.



I am just wondering if everything that’s shown in the video applies to NBA 2k19, even the nba 2k17 explorer, is that still useable?
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 am

2K17 explorer is still useable
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 4555
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Lyncaz on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:21 pm

Yeah, I did that too, a lot of reading here, watching tutorials on YT, but I still have one issue. It's very hard to make and apply a face texture. I could't find any tutorial for that so that still is an issue for me. Anyone can share an advice on that? :crazyeyes:
Lyncaz
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:22 am

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:51 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
DrBurke wrote:bluejaybrandon thank you so much bro.


No problem. After you have a better understanding of the tools and terminology, I can try to help you along if you get stuck.



Hi bluejaybrandon, I am wondering how I use the 2kxx tool because I have downloaded it and put it in the blender directory but it isn’t in blender. I heard we don’t use 2kxx tool anymore, so how would I begin editing a cyberface.

Thanks.
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:05 am

Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
DrBurke wrote:bluejaybrandon thank you so much bro.


No problem. After you have a better understanding of the tools and terminology, I can try to help you along if you get stuck.



Hi bluejaybrandon, I am wondering how I use the 2kxx tool because I have downloaded it and put it in the blender directory but it isn’t in blender. I heard we don’t use 2kxx tool anymore, so how would I begin editing a cyberface.

Thanks.


That's a question I have I know blender decent enough and I'm pretty good with Photoshop just stuck on the texture editing. Are we always using a previous models texture then editing that In Photoshop then applying and modeling? Wondering how people are creating cyberfaces from scratch?
User avatar
RobDavis
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:49 am
Location: IL

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 am

RobDavis wrote:
Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
DrBurke wrote:bluejaybrandon thank you so much bro.


No problem. After you have a better understanding of the tools and terminology, I can try to help you along if you get stuck.



Hi bluejaybrandon, I am wondering how I use the 2kxx tool because I have downloaded it and put it in the blender directory but it isn’t in blender. I heard we don’t use 2kxx tool anymore, so how would I begin editing a cyberface.

Thanks.


That's a question I have I know blender decent enough and I'm pretty good with Photoshop just stuck on the texture editing. Are we always using a previous models texture then editing that In Photoshop then applying and modeling? Wondering how people are creating cyberfaces from scratch?


I think we need a full cyberface tutorial for example someone making a lamelo ball cyberface in NBA 2k20 so that people will understand for future 2ks. Or a Zion cyberface this year just so if I wanted to make myself, then I could use that video and instead of Zion make myself. The 2k17 tutorial I feel isn’t up to date enough.
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 am

The 2k17 tutorial is very much up to date. I learned on it. The only difference is at the end of the hihead.scne file text, you have to clear out the LODs. So hihead_LOD1 becomes hihead. And just continue that for all so they all say hihead.

Basically download a cyberface and look into the hihead file by scrolling down to the bottom. That’s what the file you want to edit should look like. Then follow the tutorial and upload it into blender.

As for textures, your best bet is picking a player close and then tweaking the texture. Nobody is truly making cyberfaces “from scratch”. It’s all based off other players. In fact, once you get into it you can usually start to spot who they used. There’s an old 2k14 tutorial with James Harden that is still relevant for texture creation imo.

I don’t mean to sound harsh but it’s confusing. It’s gonna be a grind to learn. But every creator here went through it. In my own mind, it sorts out those who actually want to put the time in to learn. I’m willing to help anyone who wants to know more, but it’s important that you do the heavy lifting.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:45 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:The 2k17 tutorial is very much up to date. I learned on it. The only difference is at the end of the hihead.scne file text, you have to clear out the LODs. So hihead_LOD1 becomes hihead. And just continue that for all so they all say hihead.

Basically download a cyberface and look into the hihead file by scrolling down to the bottom. That’s what the file you want to edit should look like. Then follow the tutorial and upload it into blender.

As for textures, your best bet is picking a player close and then tweaking the texture. Nobody is truly making cyberfaces “from scratch”. It’s all based off other players. In fact, once you get into it you can usually start to spot who they used. There’s an old 2k14 tutorial with James Harden that is still relevant for texture creation imo.

I don’t mean to sound harsh but it’s confusing. It’s gonna be a grind to learn. But every creator here went through it. In my own mind, it sorts out those who actually want to put the time in to learn. I’m willing to help anyone who wants to know more, but it’s important that you do the heavy lifting.


Alright thank you so much I appreciate this but idk if I did something wrong but when I imported the hihead.scne file into blender, the cyberface looks blocky and different from tutorials I have watched specifically The Goods’ 2k17 full cyberface creation video. His cyberface looks like a person and mine looks blocky, I put a picture in a different thread but I’ll show you here as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:56 am

I can’t say that I’ve seen that. My first thing would be to make sure you have the LODs cleared properly. Download a 2k19 face that has been modded and check that the hihead.scne file match’s yours roughly
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby wtferrell on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 am

Yep, so that is one of the lowest quality models. You need to make sure that you export the largest .model file that's in the png.iff file.

I made that mistake the other day.
User avatar
wtferrell
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:24 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I can’t say that I’ve seen that. My first thing would be to make sure you have the LODs cleared properly. Download a 2k19 face that has been modded and check that the hihead.scne file match’s yours roughly


Alright I found the fix thanks! But when I try and export after I’m done, it says “file not found”
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am

Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:I can’t say that I’ve seen that. My first thing would be to make sure you have the LODs cleared properly. Download a 2k19 face that has been modded and check that the hihead.scne file match’s yours roughly


Alright I found the fix thanks! But when I try and export after I’m done, it says “file not found”


Make sure you’re exporting to a different location than where you imported. For example, if you import from the desktop, create a folder on the desktop called “export” and export there. Then drop it into the png and check it out in-game.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:36 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:I can’t say that I’ve seen that. My first thing would be to make sure you have the LODs cleared properly. Download a 2k19 face that has been modded and check that the hihead.scne file match’s yours roughly


Alright I found the fix thanks! But when I try and export after I’m done, it says “file not found”


Make sure you’re exporting to a different location than where you imported. For example, if you import from the desktop, create a folder on the desktop called “export” and export there. Then drop it into the png and check it out in-game.


Alright thank you I realized that even though it said file not found it exported a model. I wanna make sure that I use the one that doesn’t have LODshape right? Also how do I make a texture that I use in blender to edit the cyberface. It isn’t in the PNG and FACE .iff files right?
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:15 am

Yes. You should only use the one that says “hihead”. Textures are located in the faceXXXX.iff file. You’re looking for the face.color.XXXXX.dds file.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:45 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Yes. You should only use the one that says “hihead”. Textures are located in the faceXXXX.iff file. You’re looking for the face.color.XXXXX.dds file.


Alright I think I’m done for today and thank you so much. I’ll be sure to ask you more questions if I have any if you don’t mind.
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:50 am

You can always PM me. I tried to keep it basic in case others stumble upon this thread and have similar issues. I apologize to the mods as this turned into more of a conversation than a thread but I hope some of the discussion was useful to others.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:27 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:You can always PM me. I tried to keep it basic in case others stumble upon this thread and have similar issues. I apologize to the mods as this turned into more of a conversation than a thread but I hope some of the discussion was useful to others.


I feel like this would be useful in this thread about cyberface help.
I’m wondering how to remove facial hair in a texture if I’m making a texture of a guy who doesn’t have facial hair but the texture I’m editing has facial hair.

Another question is how do I match the background texture color to the texture I am editing.
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:37 am

Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:You can always PM me. I tried to keep it basic in case others stumble upon this thread and have similar issues. I apologize to the mods as this turned into more of a conversation than a thread but I hope some of the discussion was useful to others.


I feel like this would be useful in this thread about cyberface help.
I’m wondering how to remove facial hair in a texture if I’m making a texture of a guy who doesn’t have facial hair but the texture I’m editing has facial hair.

Another question is how do I match the background texture color to the texture I am editing.


Are you removing 3D hair or just the texture of the beard? If it’s just the texture, what I personally do is find another face texture with no facial hair, paste it on top of one you want, erase everything expect the part that covers the facial hair, then match the color.
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:05 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:You can always PM me. I tried to keep it basic in case others stumble upon this thread and have similar issues. I apologize to the mods as this turned into more of a conversation than a thread but I hope some of the discussion was useful to others.


I feel like this would be useful in this thread about cyberface help.
I’m wondering how to remove facial hair in a texture if I’m making a texture of a guy who doesn’t have facial hair but the texture I’m editing has facial hair.

Another question is how do I match the background texture color to the texture I am editing.


Are you removing 3D hair or just the texture of the beard? If it’s just the texture, what I personally do is find another face texture with no facial hair, paste it on top of one you want, erase everything expect the part that covers the facial hair, then match the color.


I want the cyberface itself to not have any facial hair, I’m just assuming u do it on the texture but maybe I’m wrong. Also, how do I blend the background texture color to my skin color. (I’m using GIMP, but I can also use paint.net if I have to)
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: I want to learn how to make Cyberfaces.

Postby Speedofli9ht on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:53 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Speedofli9ht wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:You can always PM me. I tried to keep it basic in case others stumble upon this thread and have similar issues. I apologize to the mods as this turned into more of a conversation than a thread but I hope some of the discussion was useful to others.


I feel like this would be useful in this thread about cyberface help.
I’m wondering how to remove facial hair in a texture if I’m making a texture of a guy who doesn’t have facial hair but the texture I’m editing has facial hair.

Another question is how do I match the background texture color to the texture I am editing.


Are you removing 3D hair or just the texture of the beard? If it’s just the texture, what I personally do is find another face texture with no facial hair, paste it on top of one you want, erase everything expect the part that covers the facial hair, then match the color.


I’ll just PM the specifics so this thread won’t be too long and confusing
Speedofli9ht
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests