2000s Extension Update!: Ultimate Retro Roster 2k19- Thunder Shaq

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster 2k19- Thunder Shaq (WIP)

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 am

sticky-fingers wrote:with paint.net :mrgreen:
all time teams use the same court than the current team. so for this screenshot and my video, i've replaced f023.iff

Have you put up any of these courts for download yet? They are fantastic
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:37 am

about 50% of the floors texture are done, but before release them, i wanted to be sure the court ID you use in your roster for each one ;)

Thunder Shaq wrote:I'm attaching an image of the progress of the roster as far as being able to be used for Play Now. Teams highlighted in green mean the ratings, ages, numbers, accessories, etc. should be done and ready to use. Non-highlighted mean I still have to work on them.

Roster update.png

Ive downloaded update #32 but a lot of 2K generic players remain on finished team :?:
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:01 am

sticky-fingers wrote:about 50% of the floors texture are done, but before release them, i wanted to be sure the court ID you use in your roster for each one ;)

Thunder Shaq wrote:I'm attaching an image of the progress of the roster as far as being able to be used for Play Now. Teams highlighted in green mean the ratings, ages, numbers, accessories, etc. should be done and ready to use. Non-highlighted mean I still have to work on them.

Roster update.png

Ive downloaded update #32 but a lot of 2K generic players remain on finished team :?:

I’ll use the IDs that you choose for the All-teams probably to make it easier. You’re right I’ll probably come back and do touch ups to continue to fill the rosters, but there will be some generics at the end of the benches for some teams to get them to 14 players. I want to make sure every team has at least 10–11 real players though so you can run a deep bench. Those teams are ready for Play Now because they are deep enough at the moment. If I get the time I’ll try to do the bench warmers, too. Also, the coaches aren’t all done for the finished teams either, mostly just the ratings for players.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:01 am

Oops double post
Last edited by Thunder Shaq on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Sav713 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:01 am

sticky-fingers wrote:with paint.net :mrgreen:
all time teams use the same court than the current team. so for this screenshot and my video, i've replaced f023.iff

So if I’m using a global that has 30 current teams’ courts how can I see the global lighting effects on a classic court? I tried changing light_map to the classic court name, but I didn’t see a difference. Do you know a way I can make classic courts reflective/shiny without having to replace the court?
Sav713

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:56 am

Sav713 : not the right thread to ask help, i would suggest you to post here

Thunder Shaq wrote:I’ll use the IDs that you choose for the All-teams probably to make it easier. You’re right I’ll probably come back and do touch ups to continue to fill the rosters, but there will be some generics at the end of the benches for some teams to get them to 14 players. I want to make sure every team has at least 10–11 real players though so you can run a deep bench. Those teams are ready for Play Now because they are deep enough at the moment. If I get the time I’ll try to do the bench warmers, too. Also, the coaches aren’t all done for the finished teams either, mostly just the ratings for players.

I have to say that i hate these generic players, it kills the immersion but on 2K19 we can have a roster with few players so i'll delete them.

For the courts, i'll probably starting to release various packs regarding your updates ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:32 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Sav713 : not the right thread to ask help, i would suggest you to post here

Thunder Shaq wrote:I’ll use the IDs that you choose for the All-teams probably to make it easier. You’re right I’ll probably come back and do touch ups to continue to fill the rosters, but there will be some generics at the end of the benches for some teams to get them to 14 players. I want to make sure every team has at least 10–11 real players though so you can run a deep bench. Those teams are ready for Play Now because they are deep enough at the moment. If I get the time I’ll try to do the bench warmers, too. Also, the coaches aren’t all done for the finished teams either, mostly just the ratings for players.

I have to say that i hate these generic players, it kills the immersion but on 2K19 we can have a roster with few players so i'll delete them.

For the courts, i'll probably starting to release various packs regarding your updates ;)

I'll do my best to fill out more players. I can also release two rosters: one with fillers to make sure every team has at least 14, and another one that removes all the fillers for better immersion (I think each team only needs 8 players, but most of my teams have at least 10 real players). Does that sound better? I'm used to just making these rosters for me and I'm okay with the fillers, but I understand that it ruins it for a lot of people. I'll have to mess around more with the Arena CE to work on courts more, as there are the issues such as swapping out the Nuggets court. I did manage to change the Hawks court to the hidden 07-15 Hawks court in the files at least. I'm probably fine with whatever court IDs you chose. You can just leave the court IDs the same for the courts that you touched up yourself (such as the 85 Bucks). I don't mind if they overwrite the ones in the game.
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:42 pm

It wasnt a request, just my opinion about generic players. You should make your roster as you want, i'll adjust it to my flavours ;)

For the courts, i'll send you a first batch that you will be able to test :idea:
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:It wasnt a request, just my opinion about generic players. You should make your roster as you want, i'll adjust it to my flavours ;)

For the courts, i'll send you a first batch that you will be able to test :idea:

Alright sounds good!
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:I'll have to mess around more with the Arena CE to work on courts more, as there are the issues such as swapping out the Nuggets court. I did manage to change the Hawks court to the hidden 07-15 Hawks court in the files at least. I'm probably fine with whatever court IDs you chose. You can just leave the court IDs the same for the courts that you touched up yourself (such as the 85 Bucks). I don't mind if they overwrite the ones in the game.

BTW :applaud:
sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:24 am

Terrific work by sticky-fingers on these courts so far!

EDIT: Also if anyone knows somebody who knows how to make logo files to put in the game, please PM me. Or if anyone already has iff files for:
-2001 Bucks
-2010 Hawks
-2010 Bobcats
-2010 Jazz
-2008 Pistons
-1997 Rockets
Thunder Shaq

Postby drabberplane on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Fantastic work guys! Looking forward for those Hest teams, especially 2011 and 2013 (default one has like 8 real players) . Will courts for those teams look different? I dont like default one, looks nothing like the one from those years...
drabberplane

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:26 am

drabberplane wrote:Fantastic work guys! Looking forward for those Hest teams, especially 2011 and 2013 (default one has like 8 real players) . Will courts for those teams look different? I dont like default one, looks nothing like the one from those years...

sticky-fingers is doing fantastic work on courts for this. Go ahead and search my name Thunder Shaq because 2011 and 2013 are just about ready to be used. Roster name is Ultimate Retro, but not every team is done as you will see.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Sav713 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
drabberplane wrote:Fantastic work guys! Looking forward for those Hest teams, especially 2011 and 2013 (default one has like 8 real players) . Will courts for those teams look different? I dont like default one, looks nothing like the one from those years...

sticky-fingers is doing fantastic work on courts for this. Go ahead and search my name Thunder Shaq because 2011 and 2013 are just about ready to be used. Roster name is Ultimate Retro, but not every team is done as you will see.

Really, really looking forward to this mod. Does your roster include proper accessories? I’ve started to edit some 90’s teams. Don’t know if I should keep going, or hold off for yours.
Sav713

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:03 am

Sav713 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Really, really looking forward to this mod. Does your roster include proper accessories? I’ve started to edit some 90’s teams. Don’t know if I should keep going, or hold off for yours.

I’m going to try my best. It’s a LOT of teams, so I can’t promise 100% accuracy, but I’m lining up images from the season and adjusting accessories accordingly. Also trying to make sure nobody is wearing the ugly 2k generic shoes.
Thunder Shaq

Postby drabberplane on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:

Where can i download it?
drabberplane

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 am

drabberplane wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Where can i download it?

User: Thunder Shaq
Roster Name: Ultimate Retro

No offline file at the moment
Thunder Shaq

Postby drabberplane on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:32 am

So those courts you are taking about are made via court creator?
drabberplane

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:52 am

drabberplane wrote:So those courts you are taking about are made via court creator?

sticky-fingers is the one doing a fantastic job on the courts. Might want to talk to him about it. We will likely release the courts when they are all done (Y)
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:28 am

**UPDATE**

The roster is coming along nicely. I have decided to replace the 2016 Miami Heat with the 1994 team. I have also decided to add the 2007 New Jersey Nets, Phoenix Suns, and Los Angeles Lakers. They do not replace any teams because they utilize hidden team slots.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 am

Just a few more teams left to do. Definitely in the home stretch now. The roster is continually getting updated on 2kshare so you can see the progress.
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Thunder Shaq has done an amazing work on this roster (Y)

From my side, courts are (almost) done but need a lot of debug because we use a lot of slots :mrgreen:

Here's some screenshots :

sticky-fingers

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:18 am

Those screen shots are really cool! Love the angles and I'm very pleased with the courts.
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding