trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Updated Auto-shrinkwrap Tool Rlsd! ~

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:45 am

Yes you can add hair with or without this tool
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Starboy on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 pm

How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others
Starboy

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Starboy wrote:How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others

I would recommend that you don't use the tool because doing it the regular way saves you a step at the end. Take the hair SCNE file, model file, and the hair_color / hair_tangent files and drag them into Lonzo's png.iff archive. After that go into his appearance_info.RDAT file and at the bottom where it says "has hair" it needs to say "true" and where it says "hair_in_separate_iff" it needs to say "false"
trevorjpt33

Postby wtferrell on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Can you replace 3d hair if the player has it already within their png? So on the above Lonzo example, if you add a hair, and want to replace it later, what would I need to do?
wtferrell

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:45 pm

wtferrell wrote:Can you replace 3d hair if the player has it already within their png? So on the above Lonzo example, if you add a hair, and want to replace it later, what would I need to do?

Just delete the files related to the current hair mentioned above and drag in the set of files for the new hair.
trevorjpt33

Postby Starboy on Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Starboy wrote:How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others

I would recommend that you don't use the tool because doing it the regular way saves you a step at the end. Take the hair SCNE file, model file, and the hair_color / hair_tangent files and drag them into Lonzo's png.iff archive. After that go into his appearance_info.RDAT file and at the bottom where it says "has hair" it needs to say "true" and where it says "hair_in_separate_iff" it needs to say "false"

I did what you said, but the game crashes every time I try to view it on edit player.

Got it to work, but now the hair texture isn't the same as the actual hair even though I dragged the hair color files into Zo's files
Starboy

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am

i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

zondac12

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Starboy wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

I did what you said, but the game crashes every time I try to view it on edit player.

Got it to work, but now the hair texture isn't the same as the actual hair even though I dragged the hair color files into Zo's files

It could be the UV map that got messed up. If you wanna send your files over to me, I can take a look.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:23 pm

zondac12 wrote:i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

[ Image ]

As in you're making noticeable changes in Blender, exporting successfully, and seeing no changes in the exported file?
trevorjpt33

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
zondac12 wrote:i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

[ Image ]

As in you're making noticeable changes in Blender, exporting successfully, and seeing no changes in the exported file?

how do i clean up the hole in the headband?
zondac12

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:31 pm

zondac12 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

how do i clean up the hole in the headband?

To me it looks like the headband is clipping and needs to be re-positioned and/or re-scaled in Blender. I don't think it's that the headband has a hole in it.
trevorjpt33

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:49 pm

how do i re-positioned, re-scaled? i thought i could shrink the head size but i'm getting the same results.
zondac12

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm

-import the model into Blender
-enter Edit Mode
-at the bottom of the Vertex Groups panel there should be 4 groups that start with "headtie_"
-select one or all of those and then hit 'S' to scale the headband or hit 'G' to move it
-go back to Object Mode and export the model
trevorjpt33

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 pm

trev, ty again

:mrgreen:
zondac12

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding