trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: trevorjpt33's modding tools for 2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 am

That's not the purpose of this tool. This tool is intended only to copy the 3D body.

But what you are describing is indeed possible, but 3D head requires a little more gymnastics - unlike the 3D body, copying the 3D head is affected by the variance in geometry between 2K19 players.

In order for a tool like this to consistently work, it would likely require some user input prior to operating. Because just a difference of 1 in the vertex count can mess the whole thing up. The 3D accessory tool does something similar.
trevorjpt33

Postby mithrxs on Sun May 19, 2019 2:04 pm

The target_out works fine, the tool is good. But when I replace the hihead.xxxxxxxxxx with the target_out (Yes I renamed the target out to the hihead.xxxxxx) and look at in game the player is invisible and causes loading issues when going to edit player. Any fixes?
mithrxs

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun May 19, 2019 3:01 pm

coreyhonakermods wrote:The target_out works fine, the tool is good. But when I replace the hihead.xxxxxxxxxx with the target_out (Yes I renamed the target out to the hihead.xxxxxx) and look at in game the player is invisible and causes loading issues when going to edit player. Any fixes?

I will look into it. Just to clarify, the tool works without any errors and produces the target_out file, but when you rename it back to its original file name and open it up in the game, it is invisible?

I will be releasing a significantly updated version where you no longer have to worry about renaming files, and you can apply the operation to all files inside a folder at once.
trevorjpt33

Postby Weaaboob on Tue May 28, 2019 3:38 pm

There seems to be a problem with the shrinkwrap tool. I wanted to replace Andrew Wiggins body with Pascal Siakam's. I went ahead and did the steps as instructed and went to see the results. The result was a Andrew Wiggins model with Pascal Siakam's head :shock: . The tool only seemed to replace the head and not the body. I tried many solutions like using different models, uninstalling and reinstalling the tool but nothing worked. Note that i've been using your tool ever since you first released it a few months back and I have not had any problems until now. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :(
Weaaboob

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu May 30, 2019 10:47 am

Weaaboob wrote:There seems to be a problem with the shrinkwrap tool. I wanted to replace Andrew Wiggins body with Pascal Siakam's. I went ahead and did the steps as instructed and went to see the results. The result was a Andrew Wiggins model with Pascal Siakam's head :shock: . The tool only seemed to replace the head and not the body. I tried many solutions like using different models, uninstalling and reinstalling the tool but nothing worked. Note that i've been using your tool ever since you first released it a few months back and I have not had any problems until now. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :(

Very soon I will be releasing a heavily updated version - I wrote a new one, which is up and running and just needs user interface to be added in. I want to see if any of the problems still persist, and if there is still an issue I will help resolve individual cases. Sorry about the issue
trevorjpt33

Postby wtferrell on Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 am

Hey trevorjpt33, is there an easy way to add a goatee to a player? I used to mod back in the day, but haven't did anything for several years. I want to add a chin goatee to the Cam Reddish cf.
wtferrell

Postby Weaaboob on Thu May 30, 2019 1:31 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Weaaboob wrote:There seems to be a problem with the shrinkwrap tool. I wanted to replace Andrew Wiggins body with Pascal Siakam's. I went ahead and did the steps as instructed and went to see the results. The result was a Andrew Wiggins model with Pascal Siakam's head :shock: . The tool only seemed to replace the head and not the body. I tried many solutions like using different models, uninstalling and reinstalling the tool but nothing worked. Note that i've been using your tool ever since you first released it a few months back and I have not had any problems until now. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :(

Very soon I will be releasing a heavily updated version - I wrote a new one, which is up and running and just needs user interface to be added in. I want to see if any of the problems still persist, and if there is still an issue I will help resolve individual cases. Sorry about the issue

It's okay, just wanted to let you know about my issue. I'm very excited to see your updated version tho :D
Weaaboob

Postby Weaaboob on Fri May 31, 2019 10:26 am

Okay i discovered the problem to my issue. I perhaps gotten too used to the method of shrinkwrapping the models that I actually mixed up the files. I put wiggins on the source.model and siakam on the the target_in.model and renamed the target_out to wiggins original file name which messed it up. Sorry for mixing things up but i thank you and i appreciate the help and work you're doing for the community :D take care.
Weaaboob

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:08 am

Weaaboob wrote:Okay i discovered the problem to my issue. I perhaps gotten too used to the method of shrinkwrapping the models that I actually mixed up the files. I put wiggins on the source.model and siakam on the the target_in.model and renamed the target_out to wiggins original file name which messed it up. Sorry for mixing things up but i thank you and i appreciate the help and work you're doing for the community :D take care.

Glad to hear that you got it resolved, no problem
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:32 am

3D Accessory tool is ready for release. Currently packaging it together for you guys. I will also put out a tutorial as soon as I can after that.

Here's a preview of the "ninja headband" or head tie that I have been referencing, which will be included - applied using the 3D accessory tool.

CF Credit: emnashow
trevorjpt33

Postby Shuajota on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 am

Great work !
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:38 am

Just an FYI here are some hat accessories that should be transferable once your tool is released.

PNG6362- front tied bandana

snapback cap

cowboy hat

png6344 - bandana
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am

TGsoGood wrote:Just an FYI here are some hat accessories that should be transferable once your tool is released.

Thanks for the heads up, I have not seen any of these before. I did not even think to look inside the hair png archives of actual cyberfaces in the game files.

These are packaged in the model file for the hair, and are included as part of the hair textures. I can extract them and have them included individually in the release as well. Plus, using one of these bandanas as a base for the ninja headbands will be infinitely better than what i was using. :bowdown2:
trevorjpt33

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Modders would be able to reshape these hats and retexture to use them as other things like custom headbands, jewelry, capes, sheild, etc.

png6227 - another hat

6171- spinelli's (door man) hat
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:52 am

It actually looks like the 4 hats here can be found in the original game files and don't need to be extracted as I mentioned above. I won't be including those since doing so would be against the rules and those files can easily be located on your own and applied using the tool. The bandanas however, are not, so I have them extracted and packaged in their own SCNE files to include with the release, along with the durag and the custom ninja headband.

Are there any other accessories that anyone wants extracted from a certain cyberface and included in the release? Generally, these are celebrities and other non-players with accessories that are not found with all the other accessory game files in the 0C archive, but are custom to their cyberface. For example, the Quavo CF has custom glasses.

Also, let me know if there is something notable found in the SYNC.bin.
trevorjpt33

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I can't wait to see how this all works

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

yea having a facemask on myplayer in myleague will be dope
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby drabberplane on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Hey guys, im relatively new to 2k modding community and i have a question that i believe you may know the answer to. I want to get rid of hair from certain player (mario chalmers from 12/13 heat team, he should have buzz cut instead of mini fro). I ve followed this tutorial on how to swap hair (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjFguA9b4s) from a different player, but it doesn't work and he still has his long hair except they are white/silver. Could you point me in the right direction? :bowdown:
drabberplane

Postby mithrxs on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 am

drabberplane wrote:Hey guys, im relatively new to 2k modding community and i have a question that i believe you may know the answer to. I want to get rid of hair from certain player (mario chalmers from 12/13 heat team, he should have buzz cut instead of mini fro). I ve followed this tutorial on how to swap hair (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjFguA9b4s) from a different player, but it doesn't work and he still has his long hair except they are white/silver. Could you point me in the right direction? :bowdown:

edit the appearance info to say no hair
mithrxs

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm

I thought there was an issue with the 3D accessories that originate in the hair files and are extracted to their own files (i.e. the bandanas above and the cowboy hat), but it's just an issue with the ninja headband specifically.

*Update ^ I am just going to go forward with releasing the 3D Accessory Tool today and hopefully when I get the shading correct on the ninja headband I will re-upload a new package that includes it

If you're interested in helping, I'll love you forever lol... Below is a quick explanation of the shading issue with the ninja headband:

The shading for the base of the headband, not including the tie looks fine. However, the tie in the back only looks correct from the front, not from behind. No matter what I do with the textures the tie looks way too dark from behind. The whole thing is supposed to be white but it shows up as a darker gray.

Looks as expected from this angle:

Does not look as expected from this angle and is way too dark:
trevorjpt33

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Once I get the tool I will take a look to see if I can help

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

trevorjpt33's Mods - 3D Accessory Tool (Beta) Rlsd!

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 am

3D Accessory Tool (Beta) Release:

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/52ddy16y ... l.zip/file

A short video with an explanation of the tool is on the way, including a walkthrough of how to apply a facemask with the tool.

In the meantime, the most important thing to know is what the directory should look like and the file names. Included in the package are files that I have already used to apply a facemask to Jrue Holiday that can serve as a guide to how it should look. The 3D accessory's model file should be named "source_from.model", the file of the player you are applying it to does not have to be renamed (just leave it as is). Look in the "exported_new" folder after using the tool to find the player's updated model file with the 3D accessory applied. All of these files/folders need to be in the folder "nba2K3D_tool" along with the .exe with the same name.

Lastly, when you double click the exe to start up the program, you will notice that you will see descriptions for different scenarios of use, some of which require you to check some geometry info in Blender and fill in one or both of the boxes - don't worry about any of that right now. In this case and with the files included in the package, all that needs to be done is to simply click the button to submit. Before you import into blender or into the game, open up the SCNE files for both the accessory and the player's hihead.SCNE file, copying in the contents of the "Material" and Prim" sections from the 3D accessory's scene file, 'facemaskOS.SCNE' over to the 'hihead.SCNE' file. Refer to the hihead.SCNE file I have that already has that stuff added in to see what it should look like. Then you should be good to go.

There are still some issues I am trying to iron out but it does not have to do with global accessories such as glasses, goggles, facemasks - so I wanted to go ahead and get this out there for people interested in doing those. This is a first step as far as the tutorial goes and at this time you may see a couple things in the included package that I have not discussed in much detail (i.e. a Blender addon that's included), but when I sort the rest of the things out I will put out a tutorial for further/more advanced options.
trevorjpt33

Postby RobDavis on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Just used the tool works as designed. Looks like you have to have the nba2K3D_tool folder in your C: drive under your user folder. Example C:\Users\Robert\nba2K3D_tool

At first I tried to place the folder in my 2k directory and got a cmd box that closed instantly. I had to quickly screen shot it to get the error message. Once I saw the error I placed the folder in my C: drive under my user folder and it opened with no issues.

Followed your directions and copied the materials and prim sections into my personal cyberface scene file and it worked. I do have to go in and mess around with blender to clean it up but it works great..

Before Tool

After Tool

Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:52 pm

RobDavis wrote:Just used the tool works as designed. Looks like you have to have the nba2K3D_tool folder in your C: drive under your user folder. Example C:\Users\Robert\nba2K3D_tool

At first I tried to place the folder in my 2k directory and got a cmd box that closed instantly. I had to quickly screen shot it to get the error message. Once I saw the error I placed the folder in my C: drive under my user folder and it opened with no issues.

[ Image ]

Followed your directions and copied the materials and prim sections into my personal cyberface scene file and it worked. I do have to go in and mess around with blender to clean it up but it works great..

Before Tool

[ Image ]

After Tool

[ Image ]

Awesome glad to hear you were able to figure it out already. Yes that is correct about the placement of the directory, sorry I did not mention anything about it in my last post with the release, but in the video walkthrough I will touch on it. It should be your "Home" (Users > Your Name) folder on whichever drive you have your OS installed on - which in most cases people have it on their C drive.

With the vast majority of these 3D accessories, similar to 3D hair, you will need to go in and fit it custom to whichever player you are using. You should see with the facemask and the other accessories included though that I have split them into two or more vertex groups to make it easier - so with the facemask you should see a vertex group to select just the front mask part, and then another to select only the strap that goes around the head.
trevorjpt33

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods - 3D Accessory Tool (Beta) Rlsd!

Postby Mr.Star on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:47 am

I am amazed at your production, which is a huge help for us.
I have five accessories in the attachment folder, but I want to know what I should do if I want to use other people's glasses.
-Donations are welcome & appreciated!: https://paypal.me/mrstar1996
-Follow me on twitter @Star_Mamba
If I do not reply to the message sent, you can contact my WhatsApp: +65 90567893

You can look at my performance in 2K20. Maybe this album is a bit messy
2K20:https://photos.app.goo.gl/EyKEAnHQwf9HX5uT9
2K20 Customized works:https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDn4nxpUXgiKhpXLA
2K21 Preview:https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z7PDv8bKJKjtfENh7

I will be the highest quality Modder.
Mr.Star

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding