bluejaybrandon- Real 2019 Draft Released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class: Happy Draft Day!

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Tfw you have a 75 prospect draft class and NBA teams decide to draft barely top 100 prospects.

Back to the drawing board...
bluejaybrandon

Postby sarella on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:54 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Tfw you have a 75 prospect draft class and NBA teams decide to draft barely top 100 prospects.

[ Image ]

The fun of NBA draft day :D

Atleast Bol Bol got a team now xD
sarella

Postby rickberge on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Tfw you have a 75 prospect draft class and NBA teams decide to draft barely top 100 prospects.

[ Image ]

Dang. So I guess that means you're not going to release it anytime soon? Was hoping to continue my myleauge even if it's just with the 1st rounders.
rickberge

Postby rickberge on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:02 pm

[ Image ]

Dang. So I guess that means you're not going to release it anytime soon? Was hoping to continue my myleauge even if it's just with the 1st rounders.
rickberge

Postby Starboy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:03 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
mithrxs wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
mithrxs wrote:Alright I hate to ask, but is there a download link anywhere? I dont see one.

Not currently. Currently watching the draft. Depending on how many second rounders I don’t have I’ll release it soon. If they are several I’m missing, I’ll add them then release.

Ah alright, didnt know if you were releasing it before or after the draft.

Probably not for a while now. This draft has taken a turn for the absurd. Many talented big names still on the board and teams are taking guys no one had mocked. Just wonky stuff.

Man I did not expect Bol Bol and Naz Reid to drop that far in the draft. Thanks again for working on the draft man
Starboy

Postby Aston on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:08 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
mithrxs wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
mithrxs wrote:Alright I hate to ask, but is there a download link anywhere? I dont see one.

Not currently. Currently watching the draft. Depending on how many second rounders I don’t have I’ll release it soon. If they are several I’m missing, I’ll add them then release.

Ah alright, didnt know if you were releasing it before or after the draft.

Probably not for a while now. This draft has taken a turn for the absurd. Many talented big names still on the board and teams are taking guys no one had mocked. Just wonky stuff.

Hell noooo!!! This night... What a nightmare. Release the draft after the real, it's hard to predict the good prospects.

Sadness :(
Last edited by Aston on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aston
Culture.

Postby cardo on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 pm

thanks for your efforts to complete this project. as with every year that you make this rather significant contribution, it's a serious undertaking and a rather tedious one.

thus far i only see 5 to 6 draftees that weren't on mock boards (james,smailagic,silva,mayok,weatherspoon,brantley).

I understand that you want to leave no stone unturned and that you create this project for people who maybe won't transition to nba2k20 when it's initially released. that said - it doesn't leave much time for those of us who do move on immediately to 2k20, to make it through even just one season with the new draft class. i'm sure you will do what you deem fit - it's your prerogative and draft class. but for all of your efforts and other creators that contributed - i'd imagine that you and their efforts are redeemed a bit more with the community being able to share in it for a longer stint. just one person's POV but i'm sure no one will mind in the least if your class doesn't have every player and cyber to match.

thanks again. the project looks awesome.
cardo

Postby robinchow on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Thank you again for the awesome work, the preview looks so exciting. It does shock us that a lot of big names didn’t get called as we expected, but it’s not your or any other contributors’ fault if there won’t be all 60 picks, and I believe most of us won’t even mind it. The project seems to be fantastic enough. And personally speaking, many of the second round picks won’t get signed anyway, and by having your project, we can get another chance to make our own selections in My GM, it’s way more interesting than having a full list.

Cheer up, and we are here waiting!
robinchow

Postby stache9835 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

cardo wrote:thanks for your efforts to complete this project. as with every year that you make this rather significant contribution, it's a serious undertaking and a rather tedious one.

thus far i only see 5 to 6 draftees that weren't on mock boards (james,smailagic,silva,mayok,weatherspoon,brantley).

I understand that you want to leave no stone unturned and that you create this project for people who maybe won't transition to nba2k20 when it's initially released. that said - it doesn't leave much time for those of us who do move on immediately to 2k20, to make it through even just one season with the new draft class. i'm sure you will do what you deem fit - it's your prerogative and draft class. but for all of your efforts and other creators that contributed - i'd imagine that you and their efforts are redeemed a bit more with the community being able to share in it for a longer stint. just one person's POV but i'm sure no one will mind in the least if your class doesn't have every player and cyber to match.

thanks again. the project looks awesome.

Well spoken (Y) Whatever you choose to do bluejay, we understand
stache9835

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:35 pm

some of the undrafted players have now signed free agent contracts.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks everyone for the comments. I most certainly will take it all into consideration. I’ll assess my time along with seeing if mrk326 is able or interested and I will see where this stands.

You have to understand, I put out 75 prospects thinking I had a safety net. There were some big names left on the boards. There’s roughly 12 prospects I hadn’t accounted for. To me, this project was mean to be complete. I know people don’t necessarily mind, but for me to put it out without the proper 60 would be like someone saying they made a 1989 season roster and then left out the Wizards, Bucks, and Cavs. We’re they major players that season? Maybe not but they contributed to the overall product of what encapsulated that season. (Forgive me because I may be ignorant, my basketball history is not vast, as I’m into the current era)

That being said I may release a full first round and later add the second round in once the 12 have been added. Either way thank you all for the discussion.
bluejaybrandon

Postby rickberge on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments. I most certainly will take it all into consideration. I’ll assess my time along with seeing if mrk326 is able or interested and I will see where this stands.

You have to understand, I put out 75 prospects thinking I had a safety net. There were some big names left on the boards. There’s roughly 12 prospects I hadn’t accounted for. To me, this project was mean to be complete. I know people don’t necessarily mind, but for me to put it out without the proper 60 would be like someone saying they made a 1989 season roster and then left out the Wizards, Bucks, and Cavs. We’re they major players that season? Maybe not but they contributed to the overall product of what encapsulated that season. (Forgive me because I may be ignorant, my basketball history is not vast, as I’m into the current era)

That being said I may release a full first round and later add the second round in once the 12 have been added. Either way thank you all for the discussion.

I and think majority of the folks on this board understand where you're coming from.

Realsing the first rounders and then adding the second rounders later will be great if you choose to do so. Anyways thanks for this!
rickberge

Postby troll02 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:40 pm

man this is AWESOME
troll02

Postby Aston on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments. I most certainly will take it all into consideration. I’ll assess my time along with seeing if mrk326 is able or interested and I will see where this stands.

Good luck! And all of this work will be better when we finally can test it in game (Y)
Aston
Culture.

Postby cookster12345 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:58 am

If I can interject as a completely unbiased Bucks fan with no draft picks this year, I sure would LOVE to see Fletcher Magee somehow makes his way onto this project since he just got signed...

All kidding aside this is a free mod and we are thankful you chose to undertake it in the first place. :bowdown:
cookster12345

Postby ilja23mia on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:16 pm

hey bluejay could you show a preview of tyler herro ? im hyped for him this season
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 am

ilja23mia wrote:hey bluejay could you show a preview of tyler herro ? im hyped for him this season

bluejaybrandon

Postby ilja23mia on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:11 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
ilja23mia wrote:hey bluejay could you show a preview of tyler herro ? im hyped for him this season

[ Image ]

:bowdown: :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: Awesome cant wait
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby danielov120 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 am

what is the name of the draft class? (pc)
danielov120

Postby stache9835 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 am

danielov120 wrote:what is the name of the draft class? (pc)

not released yet
stache9835

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:24 am

I’m currently missing the following players. I’ll see what my time is like and where I’m at before I settle into a release. Like I said, I don’t plan on moving on to 2k20 unless it’s groundbreaking and given the track record, that’s unlikely. I’m in no real hurry.

Terrance Mann
Deividas Sirvydis
Marcos Louzada Silva
Alen Smailagic
Justin James
Jarrell Brantley
Justin Wright-Foreman
Marial Shayok
Jordan Bone
Dewan Hernandez
bluejaybrandon

Postby rickberge on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I’m currently missing the following players. I’ll see what my time is like and where I’m at before I settle into a release. Like I said, I don’t plan on moving on to 2k20 unless it’s groundbreaking and given the track record, that’s unlikely. I’m in no real hurry.

Terrance Mann
Deividas Sirvydis
Marcos Louzada Silva
Alen Smailagic
Justin James
Jarrell Brantley
Justin Wright-Foreman
Marial Shayok
Jordan Bone
Dewan Hernandez

Were you still thinking about releasing the 1st rounders and noticable 2nd rounders you already created?or are you just going wait and release when those 10 are finished
rickberge

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 am

Probably wait. I’m swamped right now and like I said, I don’t plan on getting 2k20 so I’m not really in a huge hurry to get it out before then.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TheBob222 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:10 am

I would say you did a hell of a job, as maybe 2 of those guys will be on a roster opening day and one may not be over here yet, and the rest will be in the G-Leauge. That is definitely more hits than misses. Nice job man.
TheBob222

Postby cardo on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 am

I'm sure many people are disappointed to see that your draft class went from prospectively being released on draft night, to possibly not coming out before nba2k20. I understand that this is a your mod, that is to be completed at your discretion and to your liking. There's nothing wrong with that and absolutely nothing to debate about it. But I think it's a bit unfortunate for the other contributors - being that their work can't be released until the project drops (which is why many are happy Monkey has released a fair amount of his draftees separate). Obviously, they don't mind but it would also be great if they released their faces otherwise, in order for those who have been long anticipating getting to utilize it before (for many of us) the release of 2k20 makes it less impactful.

Please don't receive this the wrong way - it's no slight at all. The community owes you a great debt for your contributions this year and previous years. Your attention to detail makes for a rather thorough simulation.

For those that can't wait...there have been well over a third of the draft class cyberfaces released otherwise. And I have made profile photos for all 60 draftees, along with 20 or so undrafted free agents photos. If someone wanted to take the time to assign them, I can zip them up and send them your way.

Thanks for the update Brandon!
cardo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding