bluejaybrandon- Real 2019 Draft Released!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class: Carsen Edwards + Daniel Gafford

Postby Louieboy36 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Yandes wrote:Beautiful job :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: Please release (Y) (Y)

Bro you've asked him like 3 times to release individual faces and every time someone tells you he's not going to do that. Why keep asking?
Several others doing the same thing, asking for release dates and half-done projects when he keeps saying he will not release it like that.
You're getting the content free just be patient. He doesn't have to do anything at all. Then we'd be out of a good DC. God idk how modders put up with this :roll:

Dope draft class bro, looking forward to release.
Louieboy36

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class: Louis King Preview

Postby Yandes on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:35 pm

yes I understand too, but we arrive at the end of the season.
It is better to release a project, even if it is necessary to update regularly to keep the community concerned.
The on each preview, we can see that no one answers. 2k20 will arrive very quickly and everyone will move on.
To free it, on a project of this quality I am willing to pay to support their work as far as possible personally.
sorry for my English
Once again excellent Louis King work :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
Yandes

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:41 am

Yandes wrote:yes I understand too, but we arrive at the end of the season.
It is better to release a project, even if it is necessary to update regularly to keep the community concerned.
The on each preview, we can see that no one answers. 2k20 will arrive very quickly and everyone will move on.
To free it, on a project of this quality I am willing to pay to support their work as far as possible personally.
sorry for my English
Once again excellent Louis King work :applaud: :applaud: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

You must be new because I do this every year. The timeline is such that those playing on 2k19 through 2k20 release will have options. The college and pro seasons just got over. Plus there’s like 4 months before 2k20. This is a lot of work to do for more or less one guy.
bluejaybrandon

Postby DrBurke on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 am

bluejaybrandon, thank you so much, bro, for doing another draft class, your work is amazing.
DrBurke

Postby Aston on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
sorry for my English

You must be new because I do this every year. The timeline is such that those playing on 2k19 through 2k20 release will have options. The college and pro seasons just got over. Plus there’s like 4 months before 2k20. This is a lot of work to do for more or less one guy.

+1. Yeah, it's the end of the season and the draft start in 2 month, so let him released it when he wants ;)
Aston
Culture.

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:03 am

sorry for my English

dude, you're telling someone who has been doing this each year what's "better". Why would he take your word for it lol
i wish bluejay makes his draft class in february next time but makes everyone who wants it pay for it too. Then people would be whining about that. Just let the man release it when he wants, he is bringing 2k19.5 for all nba sim enthusiast for essentially nothing
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:50 am

Thanks for all the support guys. Yeah it essentially boils down to one guy making 45+ cyberfaces on top of being in law school and working full time. In fact, I normally lose money because I donate to guys to help relieve some of the burden of making all the faces myself, and their skills are better so the whole project improves. It’s a passion project but it’s just that, a “project”. I don’t do individual releases. This is the 2019 Draft Class and it’s going to be as close to complete as possible. If you go back and look at 2k18, there are still rosters being used that utilize the 2018 draft class that we did and extend the longevity of the game. That’s the goal here too. I apologize if it’s not ideal but it’s how it’s always played out.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TheBob222 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Last year he worked hard and it was worth the wait.....drops mic
TheBob222

Postby fritodelay on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Culver's hair could use some work. It's also clearly Delon Wright's face, Besides that these are amazing.
fritodelay

Postby Aston on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Thanks for all the support guys. Yeah it essentially boils down to one guy making 45+ cyberfaces on top of being in law school and working full time. In fact, I normally lose money because I donate to guys to help relieve some of the burden of making all the faces myself, and their skills are better so the whole project improves. It’s a passion project but it’s just that, a “project”. I don’t do individual releases. This is the 2019 Draft Class and it’s going to be as close to complete as possible. If you go back and look at 2k18, there are still rosters being used that utilize the 2018 draft class that we did and extend the longevity of the game. That’s the goal here too. I apologize if it’s not ideal but it’s how it’s always played out.

Thanks to you. The work here is incredible :bowdown:
Aston
Culture.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 pm

fritodelay wrote:Culver's hair could use some work. It's also clearly Delon Wright's face, Besides that these are amazing.

And Naz Reid is clearly Caleb Swanigan. And Carsen Edwards is clearly Markelle Fultz. And so on and so on. I mean Christ, I’ve got to use someone as a base, these faces aren’t just made from scratch. I appreciate critique but I need more to go off of other than “could use some work”.

Additionally, If it gets to where you can’t play because he looks like the base, you can always sub in a CAP face from YouTube. You don’t have to use the faces if they’re not good enough for your standards. I’ve said multiple times that I’m not a great cyberface texture creator.
bluejaybrandon

Postby fritodelay on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Relax, Don't get so defensive. I can't tell Reid is Swanigan, I can't tell Edwards is Fultz, and even if I could- all of that is excusable. The main problem is the texture. Louis King for example, I'm pretty sure it's just unedited Devon Hall texture, Same with the Culver having the unedited Delon Wright face. I'm a beginner modder and much worse than you at pretty much everything but I shouldn't be able to tell that it's an unedited face.png instantly.
fritodelay

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:52 pm

fritodelay wrote:Relax, Don't get so defensive. I can't tell Reid is Swanigan, I can't tell Edwards is Fultz, and even if I could- all of that is excusable. The main problem is the texture. Louis King for example, I'm pretty sure it's just unedited Devon Hall texture, Same with the Culver having the unedited Delon Wright face. I'm a beginner modder and much worse than you at pretty much everything but I shouldn't be able to tell that it's an unedited face.png instantly.

It’s the farthest thing from defensive. I have much better things to do than the draft class, it’s a side project. That being said, it was nothing more than a discussion. But next time don’t come in here critiquing hours of work with no detail. If it needs improvement, tell me. If it’s something I can do I’ll try, if not then people can fix it themselves when it’s released.

Naz Reid is an unedited Caleb Swanigan texture (face.ff) but apparently it’s undistinguishable due to model work (png.iff). If you’re a beginning modder, give texture work a try in making a face from scratch just to see unruly it can be. Plus there are very few high quality reference photos for these prospects. There’s a reason I avoid major texture work. If the unedited face is close enough, I’m not going to go in and ruin it just to tweak an eyelid.

Again, if it’s too jarring for people they can use a CAP for that player. When Delon Wright and Jarrett Culver stand next to each other in-game, they don’t look alike. Good enough for me and what I’m trying to accomplish.

Ultimately, I’m okay with my result:

bluejaybrandon

Re: bluejaybrandon- 2019 Draft Class - Ja Morant Preview

Postby ImAce__ on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:38 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Minor Update -

I apologize as I've been busy, but I'm working on the draft class when I have time. Here are previews for two more prospects. Huge shoutout to MonkeyMan for his Kevin Porter Jr. texture.

Kevin Porter Jr.

[ Image ]

Jaxson Hayes (WIP)

[ Image ]

When will u be releasing these cyberfaces?
ImAce__

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:30 am

ImAce__ wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Minor Update -

I apologize as I've been busy, but I'm working on the draft class when I have time. Here are previews for two more prospects. Huge shoutout to MonkeyMan for his Kevin Porter Jr. texture.

Kevin Porter Jr.

[ Image ]

Jaxson Hayes (WIP)

[ Image ]

When will u be releasing these cyberfaces?

All the faces will be released as a pack with the completed draft, if your new to blue jays projects they do take some time because it’s a very big scale project but trust me the wait is worth it
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:41 am

MonkeymanJSV wrote:All the faces will be released as a pack with the completed draft, if your new to blue jays projects they do take some time because it’s a very big scale project but trust me the wait is worth it

I appreciate this man! Glad to see you back on the forums!

Additionally, I took what was previously said about faces resembling other too much and have dabbled in texture work. Again, I'm very bad at textures but at least they are a bit different than the default faceXXXX.iff. I have a "rough draft" for the majority of first rounders and am working on cleaning them up and fleshing out the second round.
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:08 pm

And don’t worry about the textures man, it’s not a user error it’s the fact that there is little to no texture reference for these prospects, like my deandre hunter is 100% Colin sexton, it’s just very hard to find good texture references for lesser known guys or guys that weren’t highly recruited out of highschool
MonkeymanJSV

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Hey bluejay, just checking if you peeped YKWLs Zion? i stumbled upon it on fb and thought it looks phenomenal, i think shuajota released it here, if i'm not mistaken...
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 am

I found this too https://imgur.com/a/L8Kfe8L i think it's a pretty dope Jontay Porter. The dude who made it also has some other college cyberfaces and he said he is willing to help you in your effort... so let me know if you like it i can connect you
PettyPaulPierce

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:I found this too https://imgur.com/a/L8Kfe8L i think it's a pretty dope Jontay Porter. The dude who made it also has some other college cyberfaces and he said he is willing to help you in your effort... so let me know if you like it i can connect you

Who else is making college prospects? I’m more than happy to have some assistance with the project. That Porter looks like all it needs is a body update!
bluejaybrandon

Postby Shuajota on Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 am

I have finished Goga Bitadze (From Georgia), player of Buducnost who played Euroleague this season.
Last edited by Shuajota on Thu May 02, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 02, 2019 10:58 am

Shuajota wrote:
I have finished Goga Bitadze (From Georgia), player of Buducnost who played Euroleague this season.
[ Image ]

Looking great man!
bluejaybrandon

Postby Shuajota on Thu May 02, 2019 11:40 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Shuajota wrote:
[ Image ]

Looking great man!

Thank you, it´s done:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Thu May 02, 2019 11:58 am

That goga is perfect man, you’ve really come along way this is amazing quality, And who made that jontay is great? I didn’t no people where working on prospects I just thought it was us 3 and mrk
MonkeymanJSV

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:That goga is perfect man, you’ve really come along way this is amazing quality, And who made that jontay is great? I didn’t no people where working on prospects I just thought it was us 3 and mrk

I'm not sure who it is from either. I can't find it on NLSC, Moddingway, or the Chinese site and those are the major three I'm aware of.
bluejaybrandon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding