[seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY STATEMENT

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY STATEMENT

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 am

Image


Hi people, I’was taking some time because I needed tome take some time to think about this because I don't like to take decisions in the heat of the moment.

I’ve joined NLSC in 2008 without any clue on what a mod was, but I instantly fell in love with all that. Since then I collaborated with (and learnt a lot from) people like hokupguy, syxxness, vladzolajr, Leftos and many many others… and everything ended up in the Kicksology mod I’ve created a couple of years ago.

All along these years I started to have friends over here, so I kind of felt part of the family… but now this all happened and it seems that everything I’ve done, all these years haven’t meant a thing. Not a private message to let me know that MAYBE I was against the TOS (because like I said previously vladzolajr or R4zor did sold mods and tools previously – which I consider, I repeat, is not my case at all), not benefit of the doubt, not asking me what I think; just: “as this is charging for mods, regardless of whatever spin you want to put on it” and “If you want to take your ball and go home and sell your mods somewhere else, best of luck. It seems very lucrative”.

You mods and website owners have of course the right to say whatever you want, but IMO I think I should have had the opportunity to be treated as a contributor and not as a swindler, that is how I exactly felt the last couple of days.

The sad part is if Bighort or bluejaybrandon just had a small idea on what my mod is about, and all that includes and all the work that is behind it, I guess they would never have call this a “paid mod” because this 5 shoes I want to give away to contributors are just like a drop of water in the ocean.

That’s why I decided to stop releasing my stuff here. I don’t want hard feelings, we are grown men and I don’t have any bad word at all against anybody, just didn’t like how this all has been dealt.
For all those KICKSOLOGY fans: I’ll keep releasing and updating stuff. Thanks you all for your support this years!
Last edited by seanbarkley on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 35 times in total.
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:08 am

OMG I'm in tears! lol
I've spent the last few months building up my roster and I try to create shoes for every player. I recently finished all teams but had to make sacrifices due to limited shoe creation space. This right here is EXACTLY what I've needed and I'm truly grateful! Thank you so much for your efforts!
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby mickachiste on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 am

Massive work here :wink:

I am interested in the edited shoes by 2k that it seems you tweaked. How do you changed exactly the shoe color assignement. It seems to be in the shoe_global.iff but can you explain me a bit more. This would be really helpful for the 92 roster and all the created shoes.

Thanks !!!
mickachiste
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:17 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby blas112 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 am

Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)
User avatar
blas112
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:40 pm
Location: Manila, Phlippines

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am

Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)


If you tell me what file do I have to upload I'll do!

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?


If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby zbread24 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am

Bro this is some great work but I' getting this msg when trying to download the roster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zbread24
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am

zbread24 wrote:Bro this is some great work but I' getting this msg when trying to download the roster.


Have you installed the shoe file already? Damned, don't know why that is happening, I can download it without any issue. I'll upload it tomorrow to Mediafire. What's the file I have to upload? I never did it before....
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 am

seanbarkley wrote:
blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)


If you tell me what file do I have to upload I'll do!

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?


If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!


I’m new to editing sync.bin so never knew it was there more than once. They’re working now. Thank you.
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:54 am

lesh0430 wrote:
seanbarkley wrote:
blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)


If you tell me what file do I have to upload I'll do!

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?


If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!


I’m new to editing sync.bin so never knew it was there more than once. They’re working now. Thank you.


Great! Don’t forget to vive me some feedback and ley me know what do u think!
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am

seanbarkley wrote:
lesh0430 wrote:
seanbarkley wrote:
blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)


If you tell me what file do I have to upload I'll do!

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?


If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!


I’m new to editing sync.bin so never knew it was there more than once. They’re working now. Thank you.


Great! Don’t forget to vive me some feedback and ley me know what do u think!


Of course. I also plan to donate as I really appreciate your work. Thanks again.
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby Ayston on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
User avatar
Ayston
Culture.
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 am
Location: France

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby sk1nnyb0nez on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 am

this is amazing..THANK U!
sk1nnyb0nez
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby brodie_00 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 pm

can you upload the roster file SB Kicksology here?? thanks :bowdown2:
WHY NOT?
User avatar
brodie_00
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby kiarrakimjp23 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 am

can you upload the roster file in mediafire?
Thanks.
kiarrakimjp23
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:37 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 am

Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?
I've noticed that when the files off I see a new colorway for the fear of God, but with file it's not there.
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby seanbarkley on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:11 am

blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)


brodie_00 wrote:can you upload the roster file SB Kicksology here?? thanks :bowdown2:


kiarrakimjp23 wrote:can you upload the roster file in mediafire?
Thanks.


Done. You can find the links in the first post. Enjoy!

lesh0430 wrote:Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?
I've noticed that when the files off I see a new colorway for the fear of God, but with file it's not there.


Nope, sadly new shoes don't update automatically but no worries, my plan is to update the file everytime a shoe update is released and add new shoe edits if I find the time!BTW, I think they've added a new Converse model too :eh:

Thanks a lot for your kind donation! :bowdown: :applaud:
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby SamYeung on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 am

Thank you for your amazing mod but I have some difficulty with installing. I downloaded the file in step one and put the content into waigua (another link you shared). after that what should I do? I have no idea what step3 is :(
Last edited by SamYeung on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
SamYeung
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:27 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 am

lesh0430 wrote:Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?
I've noticed that when the files off I see a new colorway for the fear of God, but with file it's not there.


seanbarkley wrote:Nope, sadly new shoes don't update automatically but no worries, my plan is to update the file everytime a shoe update is released and add new shoe edits if I find the time!BTW, I think they've added a new Converse model too :eh:

Thanks a lot for your kind donation! :bowdown: :applaud:


I figured as much, but thats great, I look forward to it. And you're very welcome!
Last edited by lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby seanbarkley on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:58 am

SamYeung wrote:Thank you for your amazing mod but I have some difficulty with installing. I downloaded the file in step one and put the content into waigua (another link you shared). after that what should I do? I have no idea what step3 is :(


You are welcome, basically in step 3 you have to change the name "shoe_global.iff" from SYNC:BIN file to any other thing to make work my shoe global file you have installed into waigua.

You have 2 options:

1. For users get used to hex editing: change the appearances of shoe_global.iff in SYNC file to any other thing with a hex editor and save the changes.
2. The easier way: Download nba2k_launcher https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106600. Install it following the instructions. Once you have done it open the "replacement list" and add the line: shoe_global.iff=xhoe_global.iff to the list, save it and press "sync replace". Once it finishes it should be working. If you don't want the game to overwrite my shoe_global.iff every day just click the option "Lock SYNC.BIN"

Hope this helps!
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
User avatar
seanbarkley
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: SCQ. Spain

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby Lady Culture on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am

Can you have unlimited shoes in 2k19 nowadays? How does it work compared to 2k14 and prior? God the horrible shoe systems we dealt with...
Formerly WithAuthority

My NBA 2K Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCptrxF ... subscriber
User avatar
Lady Culture
ABL Commish
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby MeAndBettyWhite on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:10 pm

This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

If I install the shoe file will it erase all the shoes I’ve made?
MeAndBettyWhite
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 am

MeAndBettyWhite wrote:This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

If I install the shoe file will it erase all the shoes I’ve made?


I had made just under 250 shoes before this mod, so I know how you feel!!

The mod doesn't affect your previously created shoes and doesn't affect the shoe limit either.
lesh0430
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 am

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby MeAndBettyWhite on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 am

lesh0430 wrote:
MeAndBettyWhite wrote:This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

If I install the shoe file will it erase all the shoes I’ve made?


I had made just under 250 shoes before this mod, so I know how you feel!!

The mod doesn't affect your previously created shoes and doesn't affect the shoe limit either.


That is awesome news thanks. Will be installing tonight. This will save me hours.
MeAndBettyWhite
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby cujomatty on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Alrighty,

Got home from work and downloaded. Easy to follow instructions.

Dude you nailed it with this mod. I'm such a stickler for realism and the process of assigning everyones shoes is so overwhelming. Not anymore!!!!!

I gladly donated some cash to ya.

Thank Thank you Thank you. Seriously........
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
User avatar
cujomatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests