Sim Rosters!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Sim Rosters!

Postby jenksalot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 am

Hi all,

We have some great news for the PC community! We have converted over Celtic LG's roster to PC along with a lot other edits. This roster has edits on signatures, accessories, trades, tendencies, badges, number changes, height changes, age peaks, financials, coaching staff, etc. I want to thank the OS community who put effort in every year who help make this game enjoyable.

ohhmyjoshhh and michdb8 have put a lot of effort into converting this roster and I want to thank them for letting me help. We wanted to give the PC community a roster that was worthy for sim play!

The roster is on 2kshare under:
username: ohhmyjoshhh
file name: CelticLG Roster

We want to give shout out to many OS users for their work as it was also incorporated with this roster: CelticLG, vannwolfhawk, barncore, woody, blufu, soundsational, fc155, & gabri3l3.

**We apologize if there is anyone we missed. We are in no way claiming this to be our work; we just worked as a team to use everyone's great efforts to give the PC community a worthy roster. If anyone was left out, please let us know & we would be more than happy to add you for recognition of your work**
This topic was moved from NBA 2K19 by Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am.
jenksalot

Re: Sim Rosters!

Postby C0883R on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 pm

is all the teams complete meaning the retro ones to? or is it just the modern ones?
C0883R

Postby jenksalot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

C0883R wrote:is all the teams complete meaning the retro ones to? or is it just the modern ones?

Just modern ones, sorry.
jenksalot

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Huge fan of everything except the attributes tied to movement. The players are way too fast. There is skating galore and you never feel in control. That being said, all other aspects are a phenomenal job to CelticLG for the work

I particularly love the fear that sets in when an actual superstar is opposing you. Irving legitimately feels like he could regularly break ankles and Harden's eurosteps are consistent and effective. Loving it so far.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rosque on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:17 am

Yep, this is the roster until the end of the 2K19. :applaud:
Rosque

Postby jenksalot on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Huge fan of everything except the attributes tied to movement. The players are way too fast. There is skating galore and you never feel in control. That being said, all other aspects are a phenomenal job to CelticLG for the work

I particularly love the fear that sets in when an actual superstar is opposing you. Irving legitimately feels like he could regularly break ankles and Harden's eurosteps are consistent and effective. Loving it so far.

Most of the attributes are the default 2k ones, except for some players we felt needed a boost in certain areas based on this season. Loved your draft class last season btw.
jenksalot

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 am

jenksalot wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Huge fan of everything except the attributes tied to movement. The players are way too fast. There is skating galore and you never feel in control. That being said, all other aspects are a phenomenal job to CelticLG for the work

Most of the attributes are the default 2k ones, except for some players we felt needed a boost in certain areas based on this season. Loved your draft class last season btw.

So what did you change exactly? Because it seems like the rotations aren't adjusted. And accessories, especially the god awful tall socks, are still equipped on many players. Did you only update select guys?
bluejaybrandon

Postby JollyLobster on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm

It's player tendency. It feels so damn right.
JollyLobster

Postby jenksalot on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
jenksalot wrote:

So what did you change exactly? Because it seems like the rotations aren't adjusted. And accessories, especially the god awful tall socks, are still equipped on many players. Did you only update select guys?

No, we didn't mess with rotations since this was geared more towards MyLeague and the CPU constantly changes the rotations anyway. We updated (almost) all the player tendencies, attributes for some players, all the coach POEs, systems they run, coaching sliders, and accessories to some players. Accessories were another guy's specialty so I can't speak to those but I'll ask about the socks. Some heights were adjusted...I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of right now. Any constructive criticism would be welcomed and we can get the roster updated. Just trying to give the PC community the best roster we can.
jenksalot

Postby zetsuboushta on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:38 pm

It's really great work. Thanks a lot. Will you update it constantly?
Actually it would be great to see some work with badges.
Will you edit playbooks? Right now they seem pretty suitable for current teams, but they are completely out of variety(like Houston playbook which only works with two superstar guards and proper rotation when one of Harden/Paul is always on-court).
zetsuboushta

Postby jenksalot on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:37 am

zetsuboushta wrote:It's really great work. Thanks a lot. Will you update it constantly?
Actually it would be great to see some work with badges.
Will you edit playbooks? Right now they seem pretty suitable for current teams, but they are completely out of variety(like Houston playbook which only works with two superstar guards and proper rotation when one of Harden/Paul is always on-court).

Thanks! I've been updating it on my end, I'm sure Josh plans to do the same. We edited the badges and playbooks as mentioned in the first post, but if you have any plays you think should be added we will gladly do so.
jenksalot

Postby Kato_ on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:40 am

How frequent do you update this Roster? This is good.
Kato_

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:20 am

Sorry to say this as i did expect it to be good, but this is just not accurate... Just simmed first 20 games or so, Trey Young is shooting 46 percent from 3, Paul George averaging 30 ppg with like 50-45-90, Russel Westbrook turned into Steph Curry, and Lebron turned into a literal cyborg averaging 30-10-9 with insane efficiency even for his standards, taking the lakers to a 20-2 record... Like the idea behind this but this is far from sim, guys, the updated 2k rosters do a much better job simming the whole thing...
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Rosque on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 am

Because 20 games is representative sample. Do an average of 5 82 games simming to see if it holds up.
Rosque

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:49 am

Rosque wrote:Because 20 games is representative sample. Do an average of 5 82 games simming to see if it holds up.

I do agree that it’s not a fair shake, but this isn’t what I thought it was. The big things are there but it’s more like Official 2k rosters 2.0 than it is it’s own standalone entity. That being said, there’s room for growth. I’ll go back to SimWorld cuz I think their level of detail is best on ratings and tendencies.
bluejaybrandon

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 am

So i did the full season... well it's not as bad as it initially was, but still kinda all over the place. The Clippers, for example, only won 25 games, and Russell Westbrook averaged 30 on 54% from field and 38%. I mean realistically, he's a good player, but he should be like an 89 and his shot iq in the 50s... I don't want to sound like a hater, there are some good parts, like some sig shots are spot on, but then again some are unnecessary, like 2k literally mo-capped trey young, no need to change his jumper.
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby zetsuboushta on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:24 pm

jenksalot wrote: We edited the badges and playbooks as mentioned in the first post, but if you have any plays you think should be added we will gladly do so.

Guys like LeVert don't have any, for example.
zetsuboushta

Postby miguel88 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:24 pm

This roster strethg is that players play more similar to real nba on gameplay. But need a few fixes for sim stats especially on warriors and Westbrook, the clippers is a underdog team, nobody expected they gonna be that good this season, the players overall are 2k rating with just a few changes on atlethics atributes in some players, simword team is for Xbox and they don't share the tendencies or overalls so is no possible to transfer to pc and this year looks like they don't gonna release , also guys if you see any player that have very weird stats after a full season let us know so we can fix it with tendencies edits
miguel88

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 pm

miguel88 wrote:This roster strethg is that players play more similar to real nba on gameplay. But need a few fixes for sim stats especially on warriors and Westbrook, the clippers is a underdog team, nobody expected they gonna be that good this season, the players overall are 2k rating with just a few changes on atlethics atributes in some players, simword team is for Xbox and they don't share the tendencies or overalls so is no possible to transfer to pc and this year looks like they don't gonna release , also guys if you see any player that have very weird stats after a full season let us know so we can fix it with tendencies edits

I understand Simworld is for Xbox but I've been porting it over to 2k19 on PC. Most of it is compatible with the exclusion of some MIP candidates basically.

2k ratings are not great so I think only doing minor adjusts moving guys up or down doesn't really create a great sim result. Also, having basically all point guards with pro-level signature dribble moves is jarring. If everyone is an excellent ballhandler than no one is. You should save some of the more high-level signatures for star players so seeing it on the court is a big deal.

I will say, aspects of the gameplay are improved but without knowing what you guys actually adjusted, it might as well be a placebo effect.

I highly encourage you to be more transparent with adjustments so people can determine differences themselves. What exactly is changed from a default 2k roster? Which tendencies did you adjust and what did you find the result to be?
bluejaybrandon

Postby miguel88 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
miguel88 wrote:This roster strethg is that players play more similar to real nba on gameplay. But need a few fixes for sim stats especially on warriors and Westbrook, the clippers is a underdog team, nobody expected they gonna be that good this season, the players overall are 2k rating with just a few changes on atlethics atributes in some players, simword team is for Xbox and they don't share the tendencies or overalls so is no possible to transfer to pc and this year looks like they don't gonna release , also guys if you see any player that have very weird stats after a full season let us know so we can fix it with tendencies edits

I understand Simworld is for Xbox but I've been porting it over to 2k19 on PC. Most of it is compatible with the exclusion of some MIP candidates basically.

2k ratings are not great so I think only doing minor adjusts moving guys up or down doesn't really create a great sim result. Also, having basically all point guards with pro-level signature dribble moves is jarring. If everyone is an excellent ballhandler than no one is. You should save some of the more high-level signatures for star players so seeing it on the court is a big deal.

I will say, aspects of the gameplay are improved but without knowing what you guys actually adjusted, it might as well be a placebo effect.

I highly encourage you to be more transparent with adjustments so people can determine differences themselves. What exactly is changed from a default 2k roster? Which tendencies did you adjust and what did you find the result to be?

where do you see the edits that simworld did? do you have a Xbox?
the main thing we did for improving stats and gameplay was edited full tendencies for around 250 players from Vann roster from 2k18 and add shots fouls, charges, contest, diving and block for all players , we also update for few player like B Lopez to shot 3s, update a few athletic ratings for some players, coach sliders, POE, update coach and add real assistant coaches and add few playbooks
miguel88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 am

I'm still looking for a roster that take care of real player speed and acceleration.
Most of centers shouldnt contain PG.
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding