2K Explorer

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

2K Explorer

Postby KoyaM on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 am

Seems 2k17 explorer is not working for me. It worked in 18 though
This topic was moved from NBA 2K19 by Andrew on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:14 am.
KoyaM

Re: 2K Explorer

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:39 am

KoyaM wrote:Seems 2k17 explorer is not working for me. It worked in 18 though

It works. Delete manifest g out of your main NBA 2K19 directory.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby KoyaM on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:47 am

Dee4Three wrote:

what's with the manifest g to begin with? i am quite confused
KoyaM

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:56 am

KoyaM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

manifest g is created the first time you use NBA 2K explorer, its like a backup for the regular manifest. When an update for the game goes through (A patch), 2K explorer won't work because it's trying to pull from manifest G when it loads, and the manifest G that's in the folder is before the patch went through.

When you delete manifest G, and run 2K explorer again, it gives the tool a fresh start to pull from the updated manifest within the folder, and once again creates a manifest g you can work off of.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mcoll86 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 am

is the what used to find and export files from the game. 2k19
mcoll86

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:24 am

mcoll86 wrote:is the what used to find and export files from the game.

Yes, that is what 2K17 explorer is used for.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mcoll86 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 am

where does this need to be setup at?
Last edited by mcoll86 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcoll86

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 am

mcoll86 wrote:wher does this did to be setup at.

I have no idea what you just said.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 am

You can place the 2K Explorer in whatever folder is convenient for you. It just needs to point to the appropriate folder where NBA 2K19 is installed in order to load the files.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mcoll86 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 am

ty. now im trying to figure out what what group is what for the teams. ill get there. i wish it was setup like 2k14 was with 2k19. much easier to find stuff
mcoll86

Postby ksmiz on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:30 am

ctrl f and search through manifest to find what archives you want to open in 2k explorer.
ksmiz

Postby chuajefry on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

manifest g is created the first time you use NBA 2K explorer, its like a backup for the regular manifest. When an update for the game goes through (A patch), 2K explorer won't work because it's trying to pull from manifest G when it loads, and the manifest G that's in the folder is before the patch went through.

When you delete manifest G, and run 2K explorer again, it gives the tool a fresh start to pull from the updated manifest within the folder, and once again creates a manifest g you can work off of.

Sir, i downloaded the 2k explorer v0.52, and set the preferences..no manifest g shows up on my 2k folder..and list index error comes up on 2k explorer..archives does not load ..i don't know what is wrong.. what should i do to fix it?
chuajefry

Postby Osiris11 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:22 am

chuajefry wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Sir, i downloaded the 2k explorer v0.52, and set the preferences..no manifest g shows up on my 2k folder..and list index error comes up on 2k explorer..archives does not load ..i don't know what is wrong.. what should i do to fix it?

Do you have the steam version? I believe TheGoods uploaded a manifest somewhere in the forum.
Osiris11

Postby keepkarlm on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 pm

chuajefry wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Hello there. I am new member here in this forum. I encountered the same problem like you, using the 2k explorer in 2k19, setting the preferences and after loading them the archive file shows up in the tab but with no content. I asked one modder as well for help with regards to this and what he said and what I did as well is 1. did you update your 2k19 with a patch or something like 1.03/1.04 update? 2. if so then I hope you have created a backup files for it, the very first files right after you install it and before updating it because what I did was revert back my backup files and tried it again and 2k explorer works already. In short I think it doesn't work/read our archives when we updated it already. Thank you, hope it helps.
@keepkarlm
keepkarlm

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 am

keepkarlm wrote:
chuajefry wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
KoyaM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Hello there. I am new member here in this forum. I encountered the same problem like you, using the 2k explorer in 2k19, setting the preferences and after loading them the archive file shows up in the tab but with no content. I asked one modder as well for help with regards to this and what he said and what I did as well is 1. did you update your 2k19 with a patch or something like 1.03/1.04 update? 2. if so then I hope you have created a backup files for it, the very first files right after you install it and before updating it because what I did was revert back my backup files and tried it again and 2k explorer works already. In short I think it doesn't work/read our archives when we updated it already. Thank you, hope it helps.

Which version of the game are you using? Steam?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding