Roster Editing [CE]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Roster Editing [CE]

Postby steven2212 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 pm

ksmiz wrote:
chuajefry wrote:Hello Sir,

I'm just a novice here.. I just can't update the address & the values just doesn't load.. i just follow the video tutorial of SexCurryBeats, the 1st time i did his tutorial, it works but then, after i saved the roster it won't work anymore.. no values & only chinese characters are appearing as seen on my screenshot.. Btw, i'm using CE 6.8..

Kindly help me.. thanks..

Cheat engine version shouldn't matter anymore I only said that at first because I didn't update yet but I'm on CE 6.8.1 if it does mean anything.

Okay look at the picture you gave, the address you used says right there the value is ?? that isn't going to do anything for you. Do it again and find the right f000 that fills in the tables. After you find it you will need to do a pointerscan for that address.

The way the video shows is not the real way to do it. It will only get you in the right spot once. What you need to do is pointerscan after you find it.

The newest table I posted won't be any easier. The values didn't always line up right with f000. So now you will need to find the unicode string "Wells Fargo Center" for arenas. The string "u000phi_current_home" for jerseys. The unicode string "76ers" for teams. If you pop the address you get from your results in and it fills out the rest of the information below when you expand then it is the right one. If it doesn't that result is not the right spot try a different result's address.

Once you find the spots that work and line up correctly it is absolutely crucial to do a pointerscan so that you will never have to do those searches again as long as you stay on that exe version. With a new update they will change and if I do it for you, you will not be able to learn for yourself. Learning is fun.

I searched "76ers" string and found 151 address. I have to try each one to find the correct one. Is there anyway faster, since it tooks like hours to find mate "(
steven2212

Postby ksmiz on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:35 am

jtc324 wrote:I remember seeing multiple chris bosh's and amare stoudemire's show up in a roster i was viewing in limnono trainer but when i searched the roster in game there weren't an equal number of them visible so im assuming they are hidden. Deron Williams as well. The career stats seemed to be in the roster somewhere and if i could see them in an excel spreadsheet i could search them and find which ones belong to which player by the statistical outputs. Then with your tables i can assign the corresponding value in the array so that it shows up in game. If that doesn't make sense i can give you an example with ben simmons sometime later on when im free to research it.

So did you load up somebody else's roster and view it with limnono? I don't know how I'm supposed to work with that. If they are in the default roster and hidden I will see what I can do but don't know what anyone else has done to their rosters. I looked at the default roster and sure enough there is a Chris Bosh in there and he does not show up in the list of all players if you look in game. In my table the spot I have for "Is Hidden?" does tick over to say yes. Changing this option to no does not make him show up in game. Maybe it has more options than 0 or 1. Maybe I have the wrong place. Maybe there is more ways that are keeping him hidden. I will look into it.

I can give you a players name and all the bytes that go along with their stats if you want to do some comparison. If you look on your own and if you are using the table you will see on the edit player section there are some array of bytes type entries at the bottom. The second from the bottom should be player stats that is the array of bytes I am talking about that goes along with the player card season by season stats.

fjccommish wrote:Thanks for that, but what's the use if there's no difference between changing height in CE vs changing height in game? Of course, you can make them shorter than in game allows via CE. Who wants a 4'5" player?

You literally answered your own question. Please either add something to the discussion, ask a question, or leave and vent somewhere else.
This thread is not about changing heights with cheat engine it is about editing rosters. I don't care what you want to use a 10' player for but it sounds like you may be up to no good.

steven2212 wrote:I searched "76ers" string and found 151 address. I have to try each one to find the correct one. Is there anyway faster, since it tooks like hours to find mate "(

O you think I found all these things without spending any time looking for them?

It should be obvious right away not to do that but if you did spend hours copying in 151 addresses then I hope that you use that as a learning experience to get better at realizing what it is you are looking at.

There should be other more unique things that if you found first you would see what general area you need to look in. That would probably rule out half your results if they don't even look like they are nearby.

If you need a really vague general idea of what your address will look like and you haven't found anything yet add the address "NBA2K19.exe" as an entry and you will probably see something like 7FFXXXXXXXXX

It is not going to be very close to there but you can at least see what general area you are going to need to look toward.

Do you know how to use this guy? He is your friend.

Look for something more unique out of the team names then work backwards to find 76ers. You don't need to do a string search for "76ers" but eventually you will need the address of wherever that 7 of 76ers is or you will not line all the teams up right.

Try the unicode string Cavs Legion GC and subtract 1F608 from it.
Each team is separated by a distance of E58. The Cavs Legion GC team is 35 teams away. 35 decimal is 23 hex. E58*23=1F608

Or try even something like logo000_3d_mirror.iff
Find that address and subtract 278.

There is a million ways to go about this and find out how to do it.
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:10 am

ready for some more sock weirdness with 2k?

You can mess with sock color player by player - again this will only work with the tall striped socks or I think normal non nike socks.

You remember the primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quintary sock colors?

The 4 and 5 options do nothing for me.

Why is this a thing? Why 2K? Get over it with the socks and just let us mess with them normally.
ksmiz

Postby jtc324 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:56 am

[quote="ksmiz"][quote="jtc324"]I remember seeing multiple chris bosh's and amare stoudemire's show up in a roster i was viewing in limnono trainer but when i searched the roster in game there weren't an equal number of them visible so im assuming they are hidden. Deron Williams as well. The career stats seemed to be in the roster somewhere and if i could see them in an excel spreadsheet i could search them and find which ones belong to which player by the statistical outputs. Then with your tables i can assign the corresponding value in the array so that it shows up in game. If that doesn't make sense i can give you an example with ben simmons sometime later on when im free to research it.

So did you load up somebody else's roster and view it with limnono? I don't know how I'm supposed to work with that. If they are in the default roster and hidden I will see what I can do but don't know what anyone else has done to their rosters. I looked at the default roster and sure enough there is a Chris Bosh in there and he does not show up in the list of all players if you look in game. In my table the spot I have for "Is Hidden?" does tick over to say yes. Changing this option to no does not make him show up in game. Maybe it has more options than 0 or 1. Maybe I have the wrong place. Maybe there is more ways that are keeping him hidden. I will look into it.

I can give you a players name and all the bytes that go along with their stats if you want to do some comparison. If you look on your own and if you are using the table you will see on the edit player section there are some array of bytes type entries at the bottom. The second from the bottom should be player stats that is the array of bytes I am talking about that goes along with the player card season by season stats.[/quote]

Yes i believe it was a roster someone created based off of the default. It definitely wasn't the 2k default. I think there is an option to also make the player a free agent (probably IsFA) and you can either pick yes or no for that option...not sure but guessing based off of previous generation game.

You can send me a player and the bytes, i was trying to figure out ben simmons, he has two values out of all the array of bytes that aren't 255 so i assumed they connected to a table or or sub table of some sort that housed the various player card stats. I believe one of the numbers was 73, so wherever that table of information is, his stats are in the 73rd row. I would love access to that information so i can add stats for players such as bosh and stoudemire and deron williams who are available to put in the game

Also which of your tables allows me to see a list of all players?
jtc324

Postby KoyaM on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:11 pm

ksmiz wrote:ready for some more sock weirdness with 2k?

You can mess with sock color player by player - again this will only work with the tall striped socks or I think normal non nike socks.

You remember the primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary, quintary sock colors?

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

The 4 and 5 options do nothing for me.

Why is this a thing? Why 2K? Get over it with the socks and just let us mess with them normally.

how about the headband color?
KoyaM

Postby ksmiz on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:19 pm

KoyaM wrote:how about the headband color?

For custom player by player headband colors:
Change headband option to custom and then the hex color is there see it in that first picture with the red socks. Custom headband type color

For team by team:
It is in the jerseys section in the accessory colors
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Alright I finally made the necessary edits to make use of the mycourt basket as a full size nba length distance.
You were able to use the table to edit backboard, net, rim to any combo you wanted but now if you use this edited basket it will be at nba length not shorter mycourt court distance.

basket_002 is the edited mycourt basket if you don't figure that out from the pictures

Also I have given options for other screate baskets. You could even paste these into a stadium file and replace a basket if you want.

Basket 1
Basket 2
Basket 3
Basket 4

Feel free to name them whatever number 001-004 or even proam_001-002 or paste into a stadium file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x9h4riz7m ... ts.7z/file
ksmiz

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Bro...am I wrong or this one now works perfectly?

Looks like values can be:

Normal: Normal NBA Players
Fake: Fake Historic Players
Created: Created Players

...can you confirm this is working now?
I remember that in first tables this was in red but seems ok...correct?

Thanks in advance
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods

https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chuajefry on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello ksmiz,

Every time i try to search for f000 string..the value becomes f000 but the values on the dropdown options becomes some random chinese characters..i also tried every address from the results..and some teams loads up correctly but somehow, its not loading up accordingly..you can see on the 2nd screenshot..

43633723_1139280646219074_1890614186740809728_n.jpg

43625958_247729032543132_5000639957560197120_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuajefry

Postby ksmiz on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:33 am

maumau78 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I think I had the length of the binary off so just needed a small adjustment.

I can't really confirm a lot of these. A lot of them are right but then 2K does something stupid somewhere else that will force an option on you no matter what you change it to. I don't know if this is one of those instances but it is really frustrating.

chuajefry wrote:Hello ksmiz,

Every time i try to search for f000 string..the value becomes f000 but the values on the dropdown options becomes some random chinese characters..i also tried every address from the results..and some teams loads up correctly but somehow, its not loading up accordingly..you can see on the 2nd screenshot..

I'm not using the f000 tables anymore because things don't always line up right. You are really close in that second picture. You seem to be toward the end of the jerseys. You want to try one of the results above what you tried in the results list. Also if the roster doesn't have the first team wearing a phi home jersey it won't line up
ksmiz

Postby maumau78 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 am

ksmiz wrote:
maumau78 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I can't really confirm a lot of these. A lot of them are right but then 2K does something stupid somewhere else that will force an option on you no matter what you change it to. I don't know if this is one of those instances but it is really frustrating.

I'm not using the f000 tables anymore because things don't always line up right. You are really close in that second picture. You seem to be toward the end of the jerseys. You want to try one of the results above what you tried in the results list. Also if the roster doesn't have the first team wearing a phi home jersey it won't line up

Ok thanks but which one are 100% correct?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jtc324 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 am

Could you tell me the table you are using to view all players or how to access this ?
jtc324

Postby ksmiz on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:44 am

jtc324 wrote:Could you tell me the table you are using to view all players or how to access this ?

viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=175#p1951103
ksmiz

Postby jtc324 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks, any luck with the hidden Bosh appearing in game? im going to take a look and see if there are any others and try them out when i get home. ill post what i see here
jtc324

Postby ksmiz on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

maumau78 wrote:Ok thanks but which one are 100% correct?

idk sorry

jtc324 wrote:Thanks, any luck with the hidden Bosh appearing in game? im going to take a look and see if there are any others and try them out when i get home. ill post what i see here

You don't really need to make a list. I found chris bosh, deron williams, and roy hibbert so that is at least 3 people for me to work on.

I was able to get bosh unhidden by pasting his address in the teams section under the player addresses. I then had to change number of core players and added 1 and checked and he was there.

Immediately when I went to edit him in game the whole thing crashed

So progress but no answers yet

edit: I saved the roster right away after making the edits then went back in and he was still there. he plays fine so yeah there is a way to use these hidden players
He doesn't have season by season stats and no awards but looks like everything else is there.
ksmiz

Postby jtc324 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Nice, did you save it in game or on CE? Also did you try releasing him or trading him and if so did anything happen? I tried the same thing you did and when i got to the team i placed him on the game crashed i didn't even get to see if he was there so i probably did something wrong. I still think there is a (IsFA) value somewhere because the default team they are on isn't a hidden team its the Free Agent list. I saw this with Nick Johnson and Gerald Henderson as well. Good find
jtc324

Postby chuajefry on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 am

ksmiz wrote:
maumau78 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Sir,

I think i know now what is behind this circumstances.. I just lately realized that the Sixers home jersey has become a generic 2k jersey and all their accessory colors are in black color..how should i fix this? Thanks..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuajefry

Postby ksmiz on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 am

jtc324 wrote:Nice, did you save it in game or on CE? Also did you try releasing him or trading him and if so did anything happen? I tried the same thing you did and when i got to the team i placed him on the game crashed i didn't even get to see if he was there so i probably did something wrong. I still think there is a (IsFA) value somewhere because the default team they are on isn't a hidden team its the Free Agent list. I saw this with Nick Johnson and Gerald Henderson as well. Good find

I can see him listed on the team. Right when I click on him and go to edit and press BOOM! it crashes
Will have to keep digging into it and see what is going on.

@chuajefry it looks like your PHI players might be wearing u501tks_current_home jerseys you will want to change that to u000phi_current_home in cheat engine. You will have to figure out what you did to mess up your roster. Those tables were based on having phi having default jerseys to begin with. They do not absolutely have to have those jerseys but it will make it easier to find your position in the memory if they do
ksmiz

Postby Manimal903 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:32 am

is there a way to narrow the pointer scan results when tryin to get the pointer for jerseys and teams? i saw the way it was done for edit player table but im trying to get them for the all in one table
Manimal903

Postby maumau78 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 am

A great news:

seems like plater type is working correctly.....I created some players ansd switched using CE from "Created" -> "Normal"

While on Created PA would call them "ABC"...on "Normal" they call them by name :applaud:
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby fjccommish on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

"You literally answered your own question. Please either add something to the discussion, ask a question, or leave and vent somewhere else. This thread is not about changing heights with cheat engine it is about editing rosters. I don't care what you want to use a 10' player for but it sounds like you may be up to no good. "

Try that on someone else. It won't work on me.

I'll post when and what I want to post. Editing players in ways not possible in game is part of using CE to edit rosters. Some people want to change sock color, I want to make a player taller than 7'7" for offline play - I don't play online - too much cheating.

I added a question to the discussion. Other people ask questions. If you don't want to answer a question, don't answer it. I posted in the hopes someone (not necessarily you) might stumble onto an answer or be curious to find one - if it's possible to remove the limit. A forum is for discussion - it's not just about you dropping bits of information while insulting people.
fjccommish

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:17 am

maumau78 wrote:A great news:

seems like plater type is working correctly.....I created some players ansd switched using CE from "Created" -> "Normal"

While on Created PA would call them "ABC"...on "Normal" they call them by name :applaud:

This is good news
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chuajefry on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:13 pm

ksmiz wrote:

@chuajefry it looks like your PHI players might be wearing u501tks_current_home jerseys you will want to change that to u000phi_current_home in cheat engine. You will have to figure out what you did to mess up your roster. Those tables were based on having phi having default jerseys to begin with. They do not absolutely have to have those jerseys but it will make it easier to find your position in the memory if they do

43829073_550966968707666_7595885860407476224_n.png

Okay based on the screenshot, i have searched for the string u000phi_current_home.. with 8 results.. I tried the last result..it loaded up like in the picture..and now, what should I fix here..i don't have any idea where or what i should change here. i don't remember anything i touched here..maybe i accidentally touched something but i cant remember what..
chuajefry

Postby ksmiz on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm

chuajefry wrote:Okay based on the screenshot, i have searched for the string u000phi_current_home.. with 8 results.. I tried the last result..it loaded up like in the picture..and now, what should I fix here..i don't have any idea where or what i should change here. i don't remember anything i touched here..maybe i accidentally touched something but i cant remember what..

Looks like your first team isn't wearing philly jerseys which only makes it harder for you. You are so close though! You are off by about 480 jerseys that is not much in terms of the game memory.

Paste 7FF64EE6F228 into the address part

Code: Select all
Description                           | Address     | Type              | Value
JERSEYS (value=u000phi_current_home)  |(PASTE HERE) | Binary:0->idiot   | 0

If you do not do a pointer scan afterward then it will change every time you turn off the game.
Instead of 7FF64EE6F228 it might be 7FF5EA53F228 basically it will look like 7FFXXXXXF228 as long as you are using that exe probably. If you use a different version of the exe or let it update then who knows it might be completely different by then.
Last edited by ksmiz on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Postby fjccommish on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 pm

"seems like plater type is working correctly.....I created some players ansd switched using CE from "Created" -> "Normal" While on Created PA would call them "ABC"...on "Normal" they call them by name"

Meaning what - the PA calls them by whatever name you make up?
fjccommish

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding