Editing global files

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Editing global files

Postby Dom2K18 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:14 am

In modding 2K, I often notice that modders release certain mods in a global.iff file
Problem is, that just replaces the global I already have which may have things I want to keep.
I've read as much as I can around the forum, and see people talking about importing into a global file with 7zip.
Can anybody help me out with that? I'm not understanding it, because when I open each global file with 7 zip, they are the exact same files and would still just overwrite if I did it that way.
Dom2K18

Re: Editing global files

Postby TwisT on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 am

What I do is combine multiple globals together.
I use the chinese global as a base, and if you sort the files by modified, the files that have been change should be at the top of the list.
phpBB [video]

So next I pick and choose from files from the other globals that I want to use. For example, I use Lagoa's sweat global. So I open it up sort the files by modified, and I drag the files that control the sweat to the chinese global.
phpBB [video]

You can combine as many global files as you want by doing this. Once you're finished you just throw your combined global into your modded folder.
Image Image
Checkout my artwork: Artstation - Instagram - Twitter
TwisT

Postby TheGeneral6 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 am

This is a handy tutorial -- thanks for taking the time to explain.
TheGeneral6

Postby Dom2K18 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:08 am

TwisT wrote:What I do is combine multiple globals together.
I use the chinese global as a base, and if you sort the files by modified, the files that have been change should be at the top of the list.
phpBB [video]

So next I pick and choose from files from the other globals that I want to use. For example, I use Lagoa's sweat global. So I open it up sort the files by modified, and I drag the files that control the sweat to the chinese global.
phpBB [video]

You can combine as many global files as you want by doing this. Once you're finished you just throw your combined global into your modded folder.

Thanks so much for this
Dom2K18

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding