Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Work in progress

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Work in progress

Postby imescobarlopez on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Hey. This weekend I was trying to get back to modding on 2k19. Some things have changed, but not much.

Mainly, I was trying to put 2k17 heads on 2k19 bodies in blender, Didn't work.
* First, I took only the head vortex group of a 2k17 player, put on the 2k19 player, press the option join objects, but when I refresh the player, it still has the old face.
* Then, only tried to copy the mesh of the 2k17 face, and traslate it to the current face, but blender said it failed because they didn't have the same vertices.
* Then, I tried a lot of stuff I don't remember but didn't succeed either way.

I'm sure there's a way of copying the mesh of a face, regardless of the vertices, and join that on another object.
If this works, we could even bring Spike Lee back.
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
imescobarlopez

Postby uzileaux on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Looking forward to this, I recently re-downloaded 2k17 just so i can play the last mod you put out
uzileaux

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 pm

With preliminary edits (faces, vitals, attributes/ratings etc) I'm up to the 06-07 Cavs. Only 4 or 5 faces are missing at this point, so that's promising. If 2K17 to 2K19 conversion can be figured out, I can basically do all of these.

The goal is to fill all of the classic teams in accurately, and after start creating new ones, so I've gotten a jump on things. If I ask for help from the community, it might be for 20-30 faces total. But, judging by those who said they might be able to help, I could assign 4 or 5 faces to each person, and we could get the job done. Easily doable.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 am

Yep definetly doable. Thanks for the progess update (Y)
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Re: Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Tentative

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:01 am

kingprime909 wrote:Dee4Three, so glad you are doing this, only reason I played 2k17 was because of yours and Han's roster. Would it be possible for you to make the 94 Washington Bullets team with Webber, Sheed, and Howard. That team would be so much fun to play with. It would be really cool to see a young webber and sheed together.

I'll look into it. I'm intending to ad 10-15 new teams in addition to filling all the classic ones/tidying up the all time ones.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 am

So I have compiled a list of people who are willing to help with this project. These are people who have either private messaged me, or stated it publicly.

PeacemanNOT
Manni Live
Trevorjpt33
MRK326
R4zor
Stildo33

I want to thank you all. And, if I listed you and maybe misunderstood or misread at some point, and don't want to help, no worries. Just let me know and I'll remove you from the list.

Here are people that I hope want to help as well.

TGsoGood
ksmiz
Andrew
CarolusXCI

And anybody else who wants to join in. If you guys can't help, no worries at all. I understand.

The project is massive when done right, because faces/courts are needed, as well as missing portraits/jerseys/etc. For those who are familiar with my UCTR for NBA 2K17 (The classic teams roster, all time teams roster and fantasy draft roster) you know I put my best foot forward with this stuff.

I've stated my goals in the first thread. But, I am looking at adding 10-15 new classic teams (Maybe more), fill the default classic teams accurately, fiill out the all time teams with important missing players, while leaving the current game roster intact. I may pass the roster onto somebody else to do current team updates, so that way the roster is an all in one. A project like this takes hundreds/thousands of man hours to complete, but I have the gameplay to a point where I actually enjoy the game (more joy than frustration).

I am currently compiling a list of items that I may need help with (Cyberfaces mainly), as well as trying to figure out 2K17 conversions into 2K19 (So I can do them and its less work on you guys).

Let me know what you are willing to help with, and I can certainly divide up the responsibilities so it makes sense and isn't a burden on anyone.

Thank you,

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:48 am

Ran into a snag. While it's not a killer, it adds significant time.

As you guys know, the goal of this roster is to be great for play now OR myleague use. Which is why all the classic teams get filled up accurately, as well as any new teams.

Well, the game forces each team to have 14 players in MyLeague. So if you don't have 14, they will force players onto the teams, this hurts authenticity. No option exists to shut it off. In 2K17, every team was required to have 13, but they upped the requirement in the real NBA to 14.

I created a thread on OS and tweeted the devs to hopefully draw attention to this. Maybe they could patch in that option. Allowing us to delete players from the roster is great for play now, but it does nothing to help MyLeague, as players are randomly assigned to the teams that don't have 14.

Also, the players who are missing small portraits in the game will continue to, as I can't find a workaround. The portrait is tied into the face ID, and there is no way to assign the player a different small portrait number. So if the player is missing one, he doesn't have a small portrait file assigned to him, and one can't be created as it's not part of the manifest.

Still trying to find workarounds for these two issues. But it's tough.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby daavids19 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Ran into a snag. While it's not a killer, it adds significant time.

As you guys know, the goal of this roster is to be great for play now OR myleague use. Which is why all the classic teams get filled up accurately, as well as any new teams.

Well, the game forces each team to have 14 players in MyLeague. So if you don't have 14, they will force players onto the teams, this hurts authenticity. No option exists to shut it off. In 2K17, every team was required to have 13, but they upped the requirement in the real NBA to 14.

I created a thread on OS and tweeted the devs to hopefully draw attention to this. Maybe they could patch in that option. Allowing us to delete players from the roster is great for play now, but it does nothing to help MyLeague, as players are randomly assigned to the teams that don't have 14.

Also, the players who are missing small portraits in the game will continue to, as I can't find a workaround. The portrait is tied into the face ID, and there is no way to assign the player a different small portrait number. So if the player is missing one, he doesn't have a small portrait file assigned to him, and one can't be created as it's not part of the manifest.

take your time that you need , thank you so much
daavids19

Dee4Three wrote:Ran into a snag. While it's not a killer, it adds significant time.

daavids19

daavids19

take your time that you need , thank you so much :bowdown2:
daavids19

take your time that you need , thank you so much :bowdown2:
daavids19

Postby imescobarlopez on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:38 pm

Is this still going? I could help with the early 2000's teams. Made a bunch of mods around them last year. Still trying to figure a way for converting 2k18 models to 2k19 faster though.
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
imescobarlopez

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:41 am

imescobarlopez wrote:Is this still going? I could help with the early 2000's teams. Made a bunch of mods around them last year. Still trying to figure a way for converting 2k18 models to 2k19 faster though.

Oh this is absolutely still going, its only Sept 26th my friend.

Any help is appreciated with the artwork side of things. I have big portraits and small ones covered (And a large bulk of the small ones were done by R4zor, thank you!). But, I have a list I made of CF's that need to be completed, etc. Also, the stadium lighting for these classic teams really need an upgrade, almost all of them, so I'll be looking into options to fix that.

I've been filling in the classic teams with the faces the accurate faces that were in the hidden files, and working on player attributes/tendencies/signatures, etc. I believe I am up to the 94-5 Magic right now (Counting down from 15-16). Once the default classic teams are set, I'll unlock 10-15 team slots so I can give you guys 10-15 new classic teams.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:41 am

Hey D43.

You've probably heard this request from me in the past.

For NBA 2k17 you had put the Nets in with VC, RJ and Kidd. I suggested adding a 2006-2007 or 2007-2008 Toronto Raptors to that list. For rivalries sake with VC and a very different varierty to play alongside any of the other 2005-2009 Teams (Dallas, Miami, Cleveland and Boston) etc.

It's something I can dedicate myself to. If you are okay with me just focusing on one team for you in terms of the numbers, accessories, sig shots and skills.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:41 am

Hey D43.

You've probably heard this request from me in the past.

For NBA 2k17 you had put the Nets in with VC, RJ and Kidd. I suggested adding a 2006-2007 or 2007-2008 Toronto Raptors to that list. For rivalries sake with VC and a very different varierty to play alongside any of the other 2005-2009 Teams (Dallas, Miami, Cleveland and Boston) etc.

It's something I can dedicate myself to. If you are okay with me just focusing on one team for you in terms of the numbers, accessories, sig shots and skills.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby gmjb33 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 am

Finally!Mods for 2K17 are awesome,waiting for your 19's :D
gmjb33

Postby snake212 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:17 pm

dude are you talking about a ultimate roster like the 2k14 ultimate???? Is this what you mean....dear god I hope so
snake212

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:52 pm

snake212 wrote:dude are you talking about a ultimate roster like the 2k14 ultimate???? Is this what you mean....dear god I hope so

Kinda sorta.

This roster is centered around having all the classic teams filled accurately and compatible with myleague. This includes accurate faces, signatures, attrbitutes, tendencies, accessories, badges, etc. After those are completed, I'll be adding 10-15 NEW classic teams that will be 100% compatible with MyLeague (All have 14 players). The current teams will be intact and updated with the latest transactions, and the all-time teams will have the players they are missing (Like Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, etc). So the BASE roster will be really complete just like the UBR and URB.

After I am done that, I will have a huge database of creations/art that would aide me in completing a couple single season rosters (If time permits). If so, I'll be looking at doing 07-08 and possibly 96-97.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 am

As you saw, R4zor created an amazing Anthony Carter for my roster. Many have come forward and stated they would help with the project by creating faces, which is AWESOME.

However, for the other players. The CAP system is really great this year. In fact, many of the faces I have been able to create look better than some of the classic players that are in the default game. The Malik Rose took me 2.5 hours, and I spend a ton of time on each face (Even with players like Shea Seals and Brandon Armstrong). Check out some of my CAPS below.

I've had a great response to these on Operation Sports. And they will greatly add to the accuracy of the roster. So while I will get many faces from the amazing community here, I am able to put my own blood/sweat and tears into creating accurate faces.

Malik Rose (97-98 Spurs)

Donny Marshall (01-02 Nets)

Slava Medvedenko (03-04 Lakers)

Tariq Abdul-Wahad (02-03 Mavericks)

Brent Price (01-02 Kings)

Carl Herrera (97-98 Spurs, Sellaz base, my edits)

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby snake212 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm

are you creating these players in blender????

Also you say that you doing these rosters for season mode or my player mode. Im sorry but I never play those modes, so sorry if I seem confused. Im just a play now person. I also love season mode. So can we use your teams just to play with in play now?

thanks
snake212

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 pm

snake212 wrote:are you creating these players in blender????

Also you say that you doing these rosters for season mode or my player mode. Im sorry but I never play those modes, so sorry if I seem confused. Im just a play now person. I also love season mode. So can we use your teams just to play with in play now?

thanks

These were created using the CAP tool in game. But the tool is far better than past games, probably the best it's ever been.

I edit faces and bodies in blender sometimes, but not these.

The roster will be perfect for Play Now, MyLeague or Season.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby smtesar on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 am

Do you plan to create an Ultimate Fantasy Draft too? I think you did that for 2K17. Appreciate your effort with this!
smtesar

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 am

smtesar wrote:Do you plan to create an Ultimate Fantasy Draft too? I think you did that for 2K17. Appreciate your effort with this!

This roster will be all encompassing, so it will cover that.

Because I'll be adding missing players to the all time teams (And to default classic teams), the one roster will also be perfect for fantasy draft. In MyLeague, you have an option before you start it to select "all teams" and "Keep best" for the fantasy draft, so it will take all the best overalls of the players and put them in one fantasy draft with no duplicates.

This roster will be the ultimate classic teams, all-time teams and fantasy draft all rolled into one.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:27 am

Dee4Three wrote:Because I'll be adding missing players to the all time teams

Will you remove dublicates?
zetsuboushta