CLASSIC SEASONS MOD 86-97 (87, 94 & 95 w/stats) ** 98 RELEASE IMMINENT **

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 1992 SEASON MOD - 10-7-18 UPDATE (in original post)

Postby JEDL on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Stildo33 wrote:How have you done contracts before? I am not going to put 50 hours into contract research for now. I was planning to basically make everyone at or over the cap. I was thinking

The CAP back then was $12,500,000. Today's its $101,900,000. My initial thought was to just convert that into "today's video game dollars". Obviously, $12,500,000 isn't worth 100 million today - the cap has just increased a ton!

So, my thought was to just use percentages of the cap with some "best guess" work. For example, Pippen and Jordan made up 48% of the CAP back in 1992. Jordan would be eligible for a Supermax contract back in 1992. Pippen would not. So I was just going to make most superstars paid what they should be paid and work my way down. I will probably simulate a season to see what the computer signs everyone for (and how the programming handles this).

Couple of questions:

How would people prefer I do contracts?

1) I was going to make it so the main guys are signed long-term with their existing team or can at least be re-signed (4 year contract is previous contract). My goal with this is to "keep teams intact" as there weren't THAT many free agents in summer of 1992.
2) I can release a 2nd version of this that just has 1-year contracts on everyone and it becomes the wild-wild west after 1 season.
3) any other suggestions?

Once the roster and draft classes are done, lets try this on MyLeague Online, it doesn't matter if there's only like 2 or 3 of us :lol: . Dealing with the CPU (which you can exploit pretty easily) is getting kinda stale. Trades are too "equal", they are too aggressive in signing players rated 90+ (regardless of age) and are completely unwilling to trade them even when they're losing or rebuilding. Its become predictable.

Anyway, here's how I did contracts with the 2010-11 roster:
  • I first calculated the percentage change from the season I want to the current season. The one I came up with in the 2010-11 season was 70.3% and in the 1991-92 season, its a whopping 715.2%.
  • Using Excel, I inputted a formula which will convert the contracts. The formula is= (Original Salary x Percentage Change) + Original Salary
  • Lets try Elton Brand from 2010-11: He earned $15,959,099 in that current year and converting that with a 70.3% increase, it becomes $27,245,374.
  • Now lets try someone from the 1991-92 season...um I'll go with Jordan: He earned $3,250,000 which is actually $26,494,000 with the modern NBA salary cap increase.
  • How about Magic Johnson? He earned $2,500,000 and converting that he'll be earning $18,342,000 if he was paid in this era.
  • So I just wrote down in the Excel file the salaries everyone in the league earned and converted them with Excel's features. Getting the converted salaries was easy, its individually assigning them for each player which was tedious.

Also, I would go with option 1 only, option 2 would only be interesting with real players since its very easy to dupe the CPU.

I've attached the Excel document I used for the 2010-11 roster so you can take a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 am

Nice. That excel sheet is nice. Any chance you want to update with the 1992 roster? and maybe in the next couple of days? hahaha. I will be ready for it by then. :)

Then I can just go enter in the data.
Stildo33

Postby JEDL on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 am

Stildo33 wrote:Nice. That excel sheet is nice. Any chance you want to update with the 1992 roster? and maybe in the next couple of days? hahaha. I will be ready for it by then. :)

Then I can just go enter in the data.

I don't mind. It appears no else is doing it so I'll give it a go :lol: . I can't start immediately though since I'll be busy until Friday and when I do start I'll have to research each players' salaries and contract lengths. And by the way, are all players already added? Its so I know who I'll be researching on.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 am

Thanks for being willing to help out! Just post results when you have them. I probably won't have all teams done until Thursday night. I am going to go back through and edit coaches as best I can anyway. Then, I need to double check my work, and try and at least have some reasonable signature shots for players I've added. They are defaulting to the same thing at the moment and I am changing them as I go. This is obviously tedious and something I probably am not great at. However, at least I will give guys a normal looking shot if nothing else. Can update from there.

What I think I will do, as make a google spread sheet for the community to utilize. Basically, I will add every player, then columns for appearance edits, signature edits, etc. Will be easy for someone to just toss in the new nose and edits for it I need as we go.
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 am

Oh yeah. here are the teams NOT done: Nuggets, Pacers, PIstons (I am hoping to complete these there over next 4 hours as I am working on them now). Other teams not done are: Rockets, Suns, Thunder (supersonics), TWolves, Wizards (bullets).
Stildo33

Postby mickachiste on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Do you like it ?

mickachiste

Postby maumau78 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 pm

mickachiste wrote:Do you like it ?

[ Image ]

Bro are you gonna release a retro shoes pack soon?

Can you create And1 Thai C. Mid?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby twai1012 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 am

mickachiste wrote:Do you like it ?

[ Image ]

Everybody will like your work (Y) Hope u will make more retro Nike b-ball shoes :P
twai1012

Postby mickachiste on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 am

Yeah i will release a pack. I want to finish before all the shoes for this roster. In this Nike pack i will include : Air flight lite, Air huarache, Air Force V high and low, air command force and air Force 180 barkley.
It's a lot of work so for the moment i stay focus on this year as i want to tackle other brands ;-)
mickachiste

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Hey guys!

Could use some input on something. It's pissing me off at the moment. I am doing some ongoing testing with this roster in myleague to make sure it doesn't crash after 2 seasons.

When I start a myleague some of the rookies aren't staying rookies. Larry Johnson, Kenny Anderson, Mutumbo, etc. Their years exp is correct on the roster. When I start myleague it change to 1+ years. From what I can tell, it's like it reverts back to whatever they were on their retro roster for years exp. Larry Johnson is 2 (on 1993 roster for example), Anderson is 4 I think, etc.

Wouldn't be a HUGE headache to just go change those guys when starting a myleague, but you can't change them there either.

Thoughts? Those guys were just imported DNA with some small tweaks to tendencies and then adjusted attributes according, etc. Wondering if I can just import their attributes this way, but then use CE to make their cyberface. This way it won't be imported vitals/bio as well. Wondering if somehow there is code embedded in the bio section causing this.

Thoughts on a solution? Was thinking of exporting the DNA I need, then only important the adjusted attributes and tendencies to see if that works on a new CAP. I'd just import the cyberface using Limnno, thus never importing an entire bio of someone.

Thoughts?
Stildo33

Postby mickachiste on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Stildo33 wrote:Hey guys!

Could use some input on something. It's pissing me off at the moment. I am doing some ongoing testing with this roster in myleague to make sure it doesn't crash after 2 seasons.

When I start a myleague some of the rookies aren't staying rookies. Larry Johnson, Kenny Anderson, Mutumbo, etc. Their years exp is correct on the roster. When I start myleague it change to 1+ years. From what I can tell, it's like it reverts back to whatever they were on their retro roster for years exp. Larry Johnson is 2 (on 1993 roster for example), Anderson is 4 I think, etc.

Wouldn't be a HUGE headache to just go change those guys when starting a myleague, but you can't change them there either.

Thoughts? Those guys were just imported DNA with some small tweaks to tendencies and then adjusted attributes according, etc. Wondering if I can just import their attributes this way, but then use CE to make their cyberface. This way it won't be imported vitals/bio as well. Wondering if somehow there is code embedded in the bio section causing this.

Thoughts on a solution? Was thinking of exporting the DNA I need, then only important the adjusted attributes and tendencies to see if that works on a new CAP. I'd just import the cyberface using Limnno, thus never importing an entire bio of someone.

Thoughts?

I had exactly the same problem last year. I changed everything before starting myleague (shaq and co as rookies) but they went back to their previous years...
mickachiste

Postby maumau78 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:16 pm

What about:

- create rookies as "created players"
- import DNA from real players for those rookies
- use CE to change player type "created" -> "Normal"

can you try this?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:48 pm

maumau78 wrote:What about:

can you try this?

So. Made a created player. Imported the attributes/tendencies from DNA. Used Limnono (spelling) to change the cyberface. Larry Johnson finally won rookie of the year. Guess I will have to manually go over all of these. Just tested Larry Johnson and performed as expected. Will update roster accordingly.
Stildo33

Postby maumau78 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:57 pm

Stildo33 wrote:
maumau78 wrote:What about:

can you try this?

So. Made a created player. Imported the attributes/tendencies from DNA. Used Limnono (spelling) to change the cyberface. Larry Johnson finally won rookie of the year. Guess I will have to manually go over all of these. Just tested Larry Johnson and performed as expected. Will update roster accordingly.

Last year I did start my Retro Roster without caring...this year I simply clone / use DNA in that way:

- Using them over Fictional Players
- Over created players

I won't use default NBA players...I will just keep them and use DNA...not putting them in roster I mean.....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 am

Good Call:

So, this will be diff for every player but is there a good number to use for

Play for winner
Financial security
Loyalty

Trying to figure out what to keep most people set on.
Stildo33

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:18 am

Although i'm a begginer, i would like to help for courts.

Here's a preview of 76'ers court
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sticky-fingers

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:57 am

That's great sticky-fingers but I've already started on courts and I'm about halfway through. I think I'll do the rest to keep the same consistency/template as what I've done so far. Shouldn't take very long.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 am

This is going to be awesome.

However, I don't suggest just copying DNA from one player to another and keeping it that way. Make edits to the attributes/tendencies so the player more resembles the real life counterpart, and certainly edit the signature shots.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mcoll86 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 am

for someone has done work on the jeresys or anyithing that the file used is an .iff can you tell me what tools your using to open that export and import the edited work with?
Last edited by mcoll86 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcoll86

Postby mickachiste on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 am

Dee4Three wrote:This is going to be awesome.

However, I don't suggest just copying DNA from one player to another and keeping it that way. Make edits to the attributes/tendencies so the player more resembles the real life counterpart, and certainly edit the signature shots.

That's what we do ;-)

Signatures need to be done but if you want to help us, you are really welcome !!!
mickachiste

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:27 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:That's great sticky-fingers but I've already started on courts and I'm about halfway through. I think I'll do the rest to keep the same consistency/template as what I've done so far. Shouldn't take very long.

I didnt know :oops:
if your courts will be as good as your released mods, it will be amazing :P
sticky-fingers

Postby mickachiste on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Nike Air Force 180 Olympic edition . They will be editable as well to fit the rael season ones ;-)

mickachiste

Postby Stildo33 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Love those shoes!
Stildo33

Re: 1992 SEASON MOD - 10-14-18 PROGRESS UPDATE (in original post)

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:29 am

** Alright, need some help on something **

Does anyone have a nice list of players that played AFTER 1992 that maybe played prior to the 1992 season, player overseas in 91-92 season, but then came back to NBA sometime after 92 season. Think Vinny Del Negro. Would like to add players like this to the FA pool.
Stildo33

Re: 1992 SEASON MOD - 10-14-18 PROGRESS UPDATE (in original post)

Postby mickachiste on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:53 pm

I had a lot of bugs making these shoes (like not being able to use my blender stucture work). They are far from being perfect but they will do the job ;-)

LA Gear Catapult for Malone, Olajuwon and many other guys:

mickachiste

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding