【Looyh】Scoreboards >>NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes > FOX V3↑

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >> FOX V2 && NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm looking for a font in italic, anyone has a complete list of all fonts (there's an italic font in bongo's guide but it doesnt work).

Also, font color is pretty obvious too. Only major colors seems to word :crazyeyes:

ksmiz wrote:For anyone who may want to use city name instead of tricode I will look into it. The titlecard2 file doesn't make use of the full team name anymore so I will have to find some file that uses the whole team name or a file that uses city names then will be able to swap out 4 bytes needed to change that.

It will be great, i'm very interesting on this point :P
sticky-fingers

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >> FOX V2 && NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes

Postby bongo88 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:56 am

sticky-fingers wrote:I'm looking for a font in italic, anyone has a complete list of all fonts (there's an italic font in bongo's guide but it doesnt work).

In the 0A archive is English.iff
If you extract that to desktop, then open it up, then look for file VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE
Open VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE in notepad plus .... it will have the font list. At least that's how it works in 2k18.
bongo88

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >>NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes > FOX V3↑

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:25 am

Wow, you're really amazing :bowdown2:
sticky-fingers

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >>NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes > FOX V3↑

Postby ksmiz on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:49 am

I couldn't get all the fonts in 2K19 to work. looyh said something similar

see here is the post: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106106&start=200#p1953280
ksmiz

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 am

It explains my tries :cry:

Perhaps hex edit could help, because comparing to 2K18, some values have to be edited in scne files and in hex editor.

Edit : mosts of the fonts inside CUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE arent in english.iff ; i tried to add lobstertwo_italic from 2k17 inside english.iff, then the game crashes at launch.
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm

GPPatrol wrote:[ Image ]

It hurts me so much seeing your crappy attempts at recreating espns logos, just to inform you guys I have the logos but I cannot share them

Your image is too low quality, but is a pretty good guide

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NBAonESPN/p ... 8624678643

these would probably be the best to create logos from.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:24 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:It explains my tries :cry:

Perhaps hex edit could help, because comparing to 2K18, some values have to be edited in scne files and in hex editor.

Edit : mosts of the fonts inside CUITEXT_FONTTABLE.VCUITEXT_FONTTABLE arent in english.iff ; i tried to add lobstertwo_italic from 2k17 inside english.iff, then the game crashes at launch.

This idea is a complete longshot. Have you tried simply dragging 2k18 english.iff into 2k19 modded folder? maybe 2k19 will load 2k18/2k17 english.iff. again, it probably won't work, but you never know.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:19 pm

With 2K18 english.iff, game starts, but no font on boot screen and in menus.
Then it crashes when ater teams selection.

I also tried to replace all barlow dds fonts : crash at launch
sticky-fingers

Postby dirtydraw on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 am

Is it possible to make the scoreboard file a little bit wider?
The cause:

ESPN changed the style one again a little bit. This time the ESPN logo fat on the right side.
I would do the graphic, but then the scoreboard is cutted on the right side.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 am

i think you have to edit the mesh in blender
sticky-fingers

Postby Karinge on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 pm

I made the black dotted lines and fixed the timouts font to the correct font. I just need someone to make the espn logo on the side
~ <3
Karinge

Postby cujomatty on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:54 pm

That’s actually a pretty easy fix in blender. You just have to increase the size of the mesh..
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:40 am

is 100 the max value for height and width font size ?
sticky-fingers

Postby dirtydraw on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:27 am

cujomatty wrote:That’s actually a pretty easy fix in blender. You just have to increase the size of the mesh..

Which file is it that has to be modified with blender to increase the measurement? Thx.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 am

dirtydraw wrote:
cujomatty wrote:That’s actually a pretty easy fix in blender. You just have to increase the size of the mesh..

Which file is it that has to be modified with blender to increase the measurement? Thx.

Its called LowerShape. What I would do is make the texture as a dds the same size as the original than make the LowerShape mesh bigger in blender until its the same size as the original + the espn logo you want added.
cujomatty

Postby DaveNax on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 am

Do you think it's possible to delete the Gatorade bar when there's a substitution?

btw gr8 work!
DaveNax

Postby bongo88 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Howdy,

First, Looyh, i would like to use your texture in nba 2k18... if i have your permission to port your texture, i'll release it on the 2k18 forums.

Next, y'all might have allready figured this out, but it was an epiphany for me.

Anwyays, Looyh always told me my mesh has to match the dimensions of the texture. Never understood it... I just eyeballed it quickly until it "looked ok"... :)

Here is a video about getting your mesh to match your texture so that the proportions look good ingame.

Tutorial--- Matching Mesh to image dimensions
https://streamable.com/ccgfs

anyways, was gonna add it to my 2k18 tutorial thread... figured it might help somebody over here.
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:15 am

bongo88, looyh,

This may be a dumb question but I can’t seem to figure it out. How do I change the dimensions of what I want the texture to show on the scoreboard.

Example.. the logos are 1024 x 1024 but I want the top and bottom of the logo to crop on the scoreboard. What I did is just made logos that were cropped but because the logos are a share asset they look like crap everywhere other than the scoreboard. If you resize the mesh in blender the logo just gets adjusted as well and not cropped.

I noticed in the ESPN scoreboard the logos are full sized but cropped in the scoreboard. How did you do that?
cujomatty

Postby ksmiz on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 am

@cujomatty

you need to play around with the ScaleAndOffset numbers search within the scorebug_opt.SCNE for that and then specifically the ones under the logos is what you want

you can probably use the offset values to chop off edges of the texture or use the scale to make it bigger than the mesh bounds and that could crop off the sides as well

also within the logo .animation files you will see float numbers that may help you achieve the look you want

it should help to do a comparison of these numbers found in the normal default newscorebug with the numbers in the espn newscorebug to see what was changed or use another and see if you can tell how a number change works to change the look or placement of the logos

like everything else it will be trial and error and may involve a mix of slight changes to the SCNE file, or the animation file, or both for the desired final look
ksmiz

Postby Karinge on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:07 am

The hex for logo scale in the box is in the t_scorebug file and in my version of the mod I made the logos extremely big so the actual 1024x1024 logo doesn’t have to be cut off like the lakers logo for example.
~ <3
Karinge

Postby bongo88 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:02 am

cujomatty wrote:bongo88, looyh,

This may be a dumb question but I can’t seem to figure it out. How do I change the dimensions of what I want the texture to show on the scoreboard.

Example.. the logos are 1024 x 1024 but I want the top and bottom of the logo to crop on the scoreboard. What I did is just made logos that were cropped but because the logos are a share asset they look like crap everywhere other than the scoreboard. If you resize the mesh in blender the logo just gets adjusted as well and not cropped.

I noticed in the ESPN scoreboard the logos are full sized but cropped in the scoreboard. How did you do that?

Adjust the UV map. Make sure to select both Away Logo vector group and Home logo vector group. Then, press "A" in the UV map window to select all of the UV map ...... Then Press "S" to scale the UV maps . If you have selected both Away logo&Home logo it will adjust both the UV map at the same time and they will adjusted the same. Then when you export it will export the new UV map for both away and home.

You can adjust UV map by Scaling .... or you can select an edge of the UV map and drag into position... can also press G to grab/drag around ... UV map adjusting is tempormental.

finally, I always used the Warriors logo as the guide image that i loaded (like in the video) ... just extract it from logo029 and throw the dds on the desktop. Warriors logo is a nice round shape and one of the largests. Or you can use any other team logo as a guide (like if you want the lakers logo to look a certain way... use the lakers logo as a guide.

Edit: you can adjust the home/away UV map seperate. I just always selected them at the same time so that they were the same size zoom when exporting

Microphone is still broken, but here is a video

https://streamable.com/7hkzq
Last edited by bongo88 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am

GPPatrol wrote:The hex for logo scale in the box is in the t_scorebug file and in my version of the mod I made the logos extremely big so the actual 1024x1024 logo doesn’t have to be cut off like the lakers logo for example.

Which t_scorbug there are like 20 of them? the one that is t_scorbug mesh has 100 addresses in it.
cujomatty

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

bongo88 wrote:

Adjust the UV map. Make sure to select both Away Logo vector group and Home logo vector group. Then, press "A" in the UV map window to select all of the UV map ...... Then Press "S" to scale the UV maps . If you have selected both Away logo&Home logo it will adjust both the UV map at the same time and they will adjusted the same. Then when you export it will export the new UV map for both away and home.

You can adjust UV map by Scaling .... or you can select an edge of the UV map and drag into position... can also press G to grab/drag around ... UV map adjusting is tempormental.

finally, I always used the Warriors logo as the guide image that i loaded (like in the video) ... just extract it from logo029 and throw the dds on the desktop. Warriors logo is a nice round shape and one of the largests. Or you can use any other team logo as a guide (like if you want the lakers logo to look a certain way... use the lakers logo as a guide.

Edit: you can adjust the home/away UV map seperate. I just always selected them at the same time so that they were the same size zoom when exporting

This was a huge help thank you.
cujomatty

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 am

bongo88 wrote:

Something looyh has done in his scoreboard prevents this from working. The UV doesn't match with the texture at all.
cujomatty

Postby Karinge on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Anyone know which .animation or whatever changes the location of the home score. I found the away score one but now I can’t move the home score and stuck with a home score in a dumb spot.
~ <3
Karinge

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding