CF Conversions into NBA2K19

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am

Image
Just an FYI to anyone that is taking a look at the files or messing with the files themselves. Above is the list of bones/vertex groups from 2K18 that were omitted in 2K19. Right now it looks like we will either need to solve the issue with 2K18 skeletons or get 2K18 .mathnodes to work in 2K19. If we can solve this issue, conversions will be MUCH easier and quicker than last year.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby tayshaunprince on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:26 am

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, i tried reading all the rules and i hope I'm posting in the right place. This thread seems to be relevant to the question i want to ask.

Is it possible to import players from previous NBA2K rosters?

I usually buy NBA 2k every year but i skipped 2k18 because i put a lot of time in creating rosters and draft classes for 2k17, and still played it until a couple of days ago.
Anyway, i bought 2k19 two days ago because i was very excited about the "historic draft classes" and player DNA thing, however i am slightly disappointed because a lot of my favorite players are missing.
I'm a 100% sure that they were in the game at least until 2k17. Some of them are Bargnani, Chris Bosh, Tayshaun Prince (who would have thought? :D ), Monta Ellis, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw (I know... everybody tells me i have terrible taste haha!) and a few others that i'm not a huge fan of but would like to see in the game like Metta World Peace and Deron Williams.

So, as i said i still have 2k17 and have all the original files and i started manually copying all the Attributes and Tendencies of those players, but i don't really know how to edit faces and stuff so i hate that the players i create never look similar to the original players. Is it possible to somehow transfer a player's face from 2k17 or 2k18 into 2k19?

Thank you!
(also i apologize again if i posted in the wrong thread!)
tayshaunprince
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 am

tayshaunprince wrote:Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, i tried reading all the rules and i hope I'm posting in the right place. This thread seems to be relevant to the question i want to ask.

Is it possible to import players from previous NBA2K rosters?

I usually buy NBA 2k every year but i skipped 2k18 because i put a lot of time in creating rosters and draft classes for 2k17, and still played it until a couple of days ago.
Anyway, i bought 2k19 two days ago because i was very excited about the "historic draft classes" and player DNA thing, however i am slightly disappointed because a lot of my favorite players are missing.
I'm a 100% sure that they were in the game at least until 2k17. Some of them are Bargnani, Chris Bosh, Tayshaun Prince (who would have thought? :D ), Monta Ellis, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw (I know... everybody tells me i have terrible taste haha!) and a few others that i'm not a huge fan of but would like to see in the game like Metta World Peace and Deron Williams.

So, as i said i still have 2k17 and have all the original files and i started manually copying all the Attributes and Tendencies of those players, but i don't really know how to edit faces and stuff so i hate that the players i create never look similar to the original players. Is it possible to somehow transfer a player's face from 2k17 or 2k18 into 2k19?

Thank you!
(also i apologize again if i posted in the wrong thread!)

Hi @tayshaunprince,

Welcome! You are in the right thread.

For NBA2K18, we were able to get full cyberfaces converted both to and from NBA2K17. So far, for 2K19 we have gotten the face textures and 3D hair to convert into 2K19 successfully - so right now you can bring over some of the important files from 2K18 - as for the 3D body (which includes the face model), that is still a work in progress.

While I have not gotten up to speed as far as which faces are missing in 2K19, I do know we had that same problem in 2K18 where we were missing key players such as Gilbert Arenas, Rasheed Wallace, and Reggie Miller. Eventually we were able to convert them for use in 2K18. We have that same goal this year. If we are able to figure out 2K18 to 2K19 conversions then 2K17 to 2K19 will likely be possible, too, since we were able to get 2K17 players into 2K18.

So far I have only been attempting to convert 2K18 players into 2K19, but I can give converting 2K17 players into 2K19 a shot and see how far I can get in the conversion process. I will get back to you as to how that goes. Getting full player conversions from 2K17 as well would be huge because of all the players that are not included in 2K18 and 2K19.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:42 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
tayshaunprince wrote:Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, i tried reading all the rules and i hope I'm posting in the right place. This thread seems to be relevant to the question i want to ask.

Is it possible to import players from previous NBA2K rosters?

I usually buy NBA 2k every year but i skipped 2k18 because i put a lot of time in creating rosters and draft classes for 2k17, and still played it until a couple of days ago.
Anyway, i bought 2k19 two days ago because i was very excited about the "historic draft classes" and player DNA thing, however i am slightly disappointed because a lot of my favorite players are missing.
I'm a 100% sure that they were in the game at least until 2k17. Some of them are Bargnani, Chris Bosh, Tayshaun Prince (who would have thought? :D ), Monta Ellis, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw (I know... everybody tells me i have terrible taste haha!) and a few others that i'm not a huge fan of but would like to see in the game like Metta World Peace and Deron Williams.

So, as i said i still have 2k17 and have all the original files and i started manually copying all the Attributes and Tendencies of those players, but i don't really know how to edit faces and stuff so i hate that the players i create never look similar to the original players. Is it possible to somehow transfer a player's face from 2k17 or 2k18 into 2k19?

Thank you!
(also i apologize again if i posted in the wrong thread!)

Hi @tayshaunprince,

Welcome! You are in the right thread.

For NBA2K18, we were able to get full cyberfaces converted both to and from NBA2K17. So far, for 2K19 we have gotten the face textures and 3D hair to convert into 2K19 successfully - so right now you can bring over some of the important files from 2K18 - as for the 3D body (which includes the face model), that is still a work in progress.

While I have not gotten up to speed as far as which faces are missing in 2K19, I do know we had that same problem in 2K18 where we were missing key players such as Gilbert Arenas, Rasheed Wallace, and Reggie Miller. Eventually we were able to convert them for use in 2K18. We have that same goal this year. If we are able to figure out 2K18 to 2K19 conversions then 2K17 to 2K19 will likely be possible, too, since we were able to get 2K17 players into 2K18.

So far I have only been attempting to convert 2K18 players into 2K19, but I can give converting 2K17 players into 2K19 a shot and see how far I can get in the conversion process. I will get back to you as to how that goes. Getting full player conversions from 2K17 as well would be huge because of all the players that are not included in 2K18 and 2K19.


2K17 into 2K19 would be something that I wouldn't mind doing if we can figure it out.

Priority #1 would be to get Barkley in the game, as it's been reported that he was removed from the files.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:06 pm

I tried taking the same steps that I listed above with a 2K17 player. Game crashes. I tried a few other things but it produced the same result.

This was with a 2K17 player that had been converted into 2K18.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby Nokey2live on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:Here's an update on where we are at so far with conversions. We have the player showing up and their face and 3D hair converting fine. The converted model will import, export, and import back into Blender looking completely normal. However, in the game the body is all crazy like this picture below. I think it might be something in the hihead.SCNE file that is causing this.

With that being said, getting to this point has been much easier than last year. We are one step away from getting full conversions into 2K19 albeit with some testing needed. Below are the steps to get to this point - any help or input would be appreciated as to how we might be able to fix it.


[ Image ]

1. Start from a 2K18 face.iff and a 2K19 png.iff archive. If you are converting a player that is in files for both games, use that. Otherwise pick any other.

2. Delete all but 4 files in the png.iff archive: appearance_info.RDAT, the .mathnodes, hihead.SCNE, and .model files.

3.
Delete LOD files in the png.iff archive and the LOD contents inside the 2K19 hihead.SCNE file.

4.
Find the section “Prim” and the vertex group "armpitHair_shader" in both your 2K18 and 2K19 hihead.SCNE files. You will see "Count" a couple lines below. Copy this line from the 2K18 file and paste it over that same line in the 2K19 file. (If the player has goggles, a mask, etc. do the same thing with those vertex groups).

5. Find the section “Morph” and go down all the way to the end of the section. In your 2K18 file copy the BOTTOM 8 lines and paste them under the last line of the same section in your 2K19 file (from "compressed_back" to "twist_R"). Save and exit.

6. Drag the appearance_info.RDAT file from your 2K18 archive into your 2K19 archive to replace it.

7. Drag in your .model file for the converted player - the main one that the 2K18 hihead.SCNE points to. Copy the name of the original, 2K19 .model in the archive, delete that file, rename the remaining .model file by hitting paste.

8.
Now, drag in any tattoos, 3D hair files, etc. from the png.iff archive of the 2K18 player. These will show up like normal. Now you should see something like the picture above.

Your face.iff archive should remain the same

The png.iff archive should have these files
appearance_info.RDAT
hihead___.model
hihead.SCNE
hihead___.mathnodes
+ Any tattoos or 3D hair or accessories brought over

i used to change player body by appearance_info.RDAT in 2k18 ,and now when i change upperarmthick or something else in 2k19 player iff ,and it nothing happen ,anything i mistake?and i saw the protector change but the body didn't changed,anyone know how to changde body in 2k19?
Nokey2live
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby tayshaunprince on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Sounds great, everyone!

Let me know if i can help in any way.
I've been slowly going through the roster and all the draft classes in 2k19, comparing them to 2k17's roster and putting all the missing players in a list.
I can post it here as soon as i finish it if you want!
tayshaunprince
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Good news...

I was wrong about what was happening with the skeleton. Turns out that the skeleton for 2K19 looks similar to the ones for 2K17 and 2K18.

I found that we need to be able to import and export in blender while leaving the language in the 2K19 file as is and changing the addon script. I updated the current Blender Import/Export script to fully match with the new language in 2K19.

*I would like to release it but I want to check first with its original creator @gregkwaste.* I don't think the updated script will make a difference in 2K19 mods, but it will allow you to import the skeleton along with the model if you want to have the extra vertex groups that come with it for easier/quicker selections.

With the updated script, the 2K19 file is able to import the right skeleton without having to rename anything.

Below is a comparison of the skeleton before/after fixing this.

Before
before_fix.png


After
after_fix.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby steven2212 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Great threat guys, i hope we can make all good cyberfaces from 2k18 to 2k19 soon. If someone here kind to convert Uncle Drew face made by V01D to 2k19. Here is the file : http://activeation.com/9K9V
Have a good one everyone :)
steven2212
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am

just brainstorming ideas could you import the 2k19 skeleton and delete the 2k19 model and replace it with just the model from 2k18 and reassign vertix groups?
If you enjoy my Mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
User avatar
MonkeymanJSV
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:12 am

I'm still trying to figure out how to convert 2K17 to 2K19.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:17 am

MonkeymanJSV wrote:just brainstorming ideas could you import the 2k19 skeleton and delete the 2k19 model and replace it with just the model from 2k18 and reassign vertix groups?

I think that would be possible. The problem is that while the skeleton imports, the skeleton and any information in the model regarding the skeleton doesn’t export. I don’t think it was designed to.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
MonkeymanJSV wrote:just brainstorming ideas could you import the 2k19 skeleton and delete the 2k19 model and replace it with just the model from 2k18 and reassign vertix groups?

I think that would be possible. The problem is that while the skeleton imports, the skeleton and any information in the model regarding the skeleton doesn’t export. I don’t think it was designed to.

TBH I havent looked into anything for 2k19 yet just keep checking back here ever now and thing
Would you need to export the skelton tho? if all the new vertexs groups match up on the 2k18 model it should solve the werid arms and body issues
If you enjoy my Mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
User avatar
MonkeymanJSV
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:
MonkeymanJSV wrote:just brainstorming ideas could you import the 2k19 skeleton and delete the 2k19 model and replace it with just the model from 2k18 and reassign vertix groups?

I think that would be possible. The problem is that while the skeleton imports, the skeleton and any information in the model regarding the skeleton doesn’t export. I don’t think it was designed to.

TBH I havent looked into anything for 2k19 yet just keep checking back here ever now and thing
Would you need to export the skelton tho? if all the new vertexs groups match up on the 2k18 model it should solve the werid arms and body issues

I tried that but I am unable to export without an error.

One thing I noticed that serves as a good test as to whether it will show up correctly in game is this:

I tried importing the model and skeleton for a player converted into 2K18 (2K17 player/2K18 player's hihead.SCNE file, skeleton) - and it worked. Tried the same thing with a player converted into 2K17 and that also imported fine.

However, I cannot do the same with a 2K18 player/2K19 hihead.SCNE file, skeleton. I have gotten to where I can import 2K19 players with their skeletons, but not to where I can import converted players with it.

I have been working through a few errors I have received when attempting to import, while looking back and forth between the hihead.SCNE file and the import/export script. After getting past a couple errors, I believe the current error is the heart if the issue we are having. I think I have found the exact place where something is going wrong between the 2K18 player, 2K19 skeleton.

Only problem is I don't know what some of the stuff means in the Python script and how it correlates to the hihead.SCNE file. I've been trying to educate myself on some of the lingo within Python/Blender so that I can figure out how to fix it.

Image
Image
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:55 am

So, as of now, we are in the same boat as far as conversions from 2k17 and 2k18. Which is good news for 2k17 conversions, in that when we figure out one, we will very likely figure out the other as well. Right now, I have an issue with each as far as textures..

2k17 face textures make the game crash. 2k19 textures, however, allow him to show up. Kareem's 2k18 goggles don't show up right. Super transparent, and if I try to use the 2k19 ones they show up but look like a solid in blender.

The screenshots below show a player from both 2k17 and 2k18 - my modded Reggie Miller (sub Ray Allen's face textures) which was converted from 2K17, and my modded Kareem that was a 2k18 mod. This is where we currently sit as far as figuring this thing out.

2k17
Image
Image

2k18
Image
Image
Last edited by trevorjpt33 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:So, as of now, we are in the same boat as far as conversions from 2k17 and 2k18. Which is good news for 2k17 conversions, in that when we figure out one, we will also figure out the other. Right now, I have an issue with each as far as textures.. 2k17 face textures make the game crash, while Kareem's 2k18 goggles don't show up right.

The screenshots below show a player from both 2k17 and 2k18 - my modded Reggie Miller (sub Ray Allen's face textures) which was converted from 2K17, and my modded Kareem that was a 2k18 mod. This is where we currently sit as far as figuring this thing out.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]
[ Image ]


Ahhh! Great news!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby laroche23 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:35 am

Does anybody knows if we can use the jerseys from 2k19 on 2k17? thanks ....
laroche23
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:40 am

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 am

laroche23 wrote:Does anybody knows if we can use the jerseys from 2k19 on 2k17? thanks ....

I am not sure I haven't modded jerseys before. If you were able to use 2K18 jerseys, there's a good chance that 2K19 jerseys will work.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby imescobarlopez on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Has anybody tested the shrinkwrap modifier in blender?
I'm trying to automatically re-sculpt a 2k17 or 18 object with another from this game.

...anyone being succesful with that?
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:26 pm

imescobarlopez wrote:Has anybody tested the shrinkwrap modifier in blender?
I'm trying to automatically re-sculpt a 2k17 or 18 object with another from this game.

...anyone being succesful with that?

It has worked for me so far.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:07 am

Oh. Thanks. I'll try again. Something I must be doing wrong there.

Any news about the 2k19 beards? I have the same error as you. They are tiny and not shaped at all, but good news is it seems they fit perfectly on the face.
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:07 am

Oh. Thanks. I'll try again. Something I must be doing wrong there.

Any news about the 2k19 beards? I have the same error as you. They are tiny and not shaped at all, but good news is it seems they fit perfectly on the face.
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 am

imescobarlopez wrote:Oh. Thanks. I'll try again. Something I must be doing wrong there.

Any news about the 2k19 beards? I have the same error as you. They are tiny and not shaped at all, but good news is it seems they fit perfectly on the face.

Are you referring to 2k18 beards in 2k19?
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:So, as of now, we are in the same boat as far as conversions from 2k17 and 2k18. Which is good news for 2k17 conversions, in that when we figure out one, we will very likely figure out the other as well. Right now, I have an issue with each as far as textures..

2k17 face textures make the game crash. 2k19 textures, however, allow him to show up. Kareem's 2k18 goggles don't show up right. Super transparent, and if I try to use the 2k19 ones they show up but look like a solid in blender.

The screenshots below show a player from both 2k17 and 2k18 - my modded Reggie Miller (sub Ray Allen's face textures) which was converted from 2K17, and my modded Kareem that was a 2k18 mod. This is where we currently sit as far as figuring this thing out.

2k17
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

2k18
[ Image ]
[ Image ]


Hi Trevor,

Any progress on the 2K17 front? Just found out that Troy Hudson, Olowakandi and Oliver Miller are missing from 2K19. I could convert them and make a lot of these teams complete if we get 2K17 to 2K19 figured out.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 7383
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: CF Conversions into NBA2K19

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:20 am

Hi Trevor,

Any progress on the 2K17 front? Just found out that Troy Hudson, Olowakandi and Oliver Miller are missing from 2K19. I could convert them and make a lot of these teams complete if we get 2K17 to 2K19 figured out.
Nothing has changed, except I now know exactly where the issue is. My brother is a software engineer and has been helping me out while I’ve been trying to learn and get myself up to speed on a few things pertaining to the issue.
trevorjpt33
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cjdakid3, ilja23mia, Iv3rson, jomar, raenkro, UK7Dayz and 17 guests