Mike Wang discusses his time at EA and his work on NBA Live

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Mike Wang discusses his time at EA and his work on NBA Live

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:44 am

Found this interesting. That topic starts 29 minutes into the video. I appreciate his honesty, he basically tells you exactly why he left EA.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mike Wang discusses his time at EA and his work on NBA Live

Postby StyxTx on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:48 am

Good thing he left. With the way 2k is going, money-grabbing, poor game play getting worse each year, I'm sure EA is glad he's gone too.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:15 am

Nice share (Y)

It seems that he didnt saw the red flag with VC fully integrated in 2K :roll:
my NBA2K : flickr | YouTube
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:51 am

StyxTx wrote:Good thing he left. With the way 2k is going, money-grabbing, poor game play getting worse each year, I'm sure EA is glad he's gone too.

I agree with your comments about 2K. I don't know if it was noticed, but I havn't been active hardly at all on here or on OS.... The last two 2k's have just really bummed me out, and Live doesn't have the content/customization to keep me interested.

In regards to if they are happy Mike left, I don't know if I would agree with that necessarily, 2K while declining, is still a powerhouse in sports gaming. Which is the biggest reason they are allowed to get away with so much.

Personally, I am crossing my fingers that Live 20 comes to PC (Like Madden did for this year), and that 2K20 shows a massive improvement with the current motion system.

I've been playing a lot of 2K17, 2K9, 2K8, etc lately. I would love to be passionate about a new basketball game like I was when 2K17 was released.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Good for him and his family, as it looks like he left a sinking ship. He probably wouldn't have made it through the disaster that was Elite 11.

I get what he was saying how EA made him appreciate his old job a bit more. Seems to really enjoy what he's doing now
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Pdub on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pm

A little shade thrown at the March Madness/NCAA devs who went over to Elite after 10. I'm glad he left back to 2K. That franchise has been on a whole other level.
Everything is a copy of a copy. Eventually, it distorts enough to look original.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19