How to Use Real player % and Best way to grind VC

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

How to Use Real player % and Best way to grind VC

Postby TheWhiteStig on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 pm

how to use real player % in park,play now online and myteam ?, i can only use it in myleague mycareer and play now, but i saw a youtuber playing myteam while the shooting feedback is always very late and still coming in, which mean he's using real player %.

and what is the best way to grind for vc ?, i usually play my 2nd mycareer save and playing with shooting sliders set to 100 with 12 minutes quarter to fill up the stats. is there anyway faster ? because it's really hard to grind with a 65 overall player even in all star difficulty
TheWhiteStig

Re: How to Use Real player % and Best way to grind VC

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:35 am

I prefer User Timing myself, but I believe the setting can be changed in those modes just the same if you wanted to try out Real Shot %.

If you're just trying to grind for VC, you might as well drop the difficulty to Pro. That second save isn't about playing properly or being challenged, just racking up VC, so no need to make it any more challenging that it needs to be. I've also seen it suggested that you play shorter quarters to get the game over and done with quicker, which is probably the way to go because you don't get a tremendous amount of additional VC for putting up big stats. It's all about the teammate grade and your salary as far as the bigger VC payouts per game. In short, if you're going to try to boost your earnings with a second career, play that one on shorter quarters.

On your main MyCAREER save, you'll want to make sure that you're gaining fans and increasing your endorsement opportunities. Since you will be playing regular minutes there, choose incentives on your endorsement deals that you're likely to hit game after game. For example, I'm at a point where I'm putting up 20+ points and 10+ assists pretty much every game, so I've chosen incentives along those lines. It all adds up, especially once you've got a few endorsement deals.

Definitely do the daily prize wheel spin over near the Ante-Up courts. Aside from having a few VC prizes on there, you can gain fans (helpful in reaching the next target to negotiate a bigger endorsement deal) and also win clothing items. The latter may not seem all that exciting, but there's a chance you can win shoes that will satisfy your brand deal. This saves you VC since you don't have to go and buy the shoes to fulfil your contractual obligations. On a similar note, when you do get offered a shoe deal, negotiate free shoes at the first tier (which is actually Tier 0, I believe) so that you can get some free ones right away. They'll just be for NBA games so if you're playing The Playground or Pro-Am/Jordan Rec Center you'll need to buy the right brand of shoes to wear there as well, but again, the prize wheel can potentially help you save your VC here.

Same goes for winning accessories and other NBA gear, or clothes for The Neighborhood. Save your VC for ratings upgrades until you're swimming in VC with nothing else to spend it on, and in the meantime, just wear the stuff you win if you don't want to be stuck with the brown shirt and grey sweatpants. There's also a free pair of grey basketball shorts in Swag's if you want to feel less generic, but a good rule of thumb is to focus on the ratings before cosmetic items. I'm sure you and most people are already aware of that and I'm stating the obvious here, but it never hurts to put that advice out there. If you do want to outfit your player, stick to what you win until you can afford to waste VC on clothes.

In the same building as the prize wheel, you'll find the NBA Pick 'Em, where you make predictions for real NBA games on a daily basis. It's a bit slow to update, and it's only 100 VC per correct answer, but every little bit helps so it's worth a shot. If you've got the MyNBA2K19 companion app there are some other ways to earn some bonus VC there including the card game, though I haven't been doing that myself this year as I do find it rather tedious. Competing in the Dodgeball and Trivia events has the potential to net some VC as well. You'll get a small amount of VC for every question you get right, and if you make it to the end with every answer correct, you'll share in the jackpot. Some days it's pretty big, though miss one question and you're out for the game.

There are also VC bonuses for shooting around on your MyCOURT and doing things like hitting three three-pointers in a row, making a shot in each basket within ten seconds, and so on. Some of the bonuses are bigger than others and you can't always get them - I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is there, as sometimes it seems it'll only work once per MyCAREER file, while other times it seems it resets after 24 hours - but it's something else to do in between games.

NBA 2KTV also gives away VC for answering trivia questions. The most recent episode is an interactive special, with a lot of opportunities for VC. Again, you're looking at 100 VC per correct answer, but it does add up. If you're avoiding buying VC and trying to grind, every little bit helps. You can also win some unique clothing items which you may or may not be interested in, but as with the prize wheel, it helps make your player feel less generic. If you're into playing The Playground at all, it might also help to get a game since the generic clothes always give off a newbie vibe, even if your Overall Rating is decent.

In short: get your main MyCAREER to a point where it's earning good money through a combination of your salary, stats, and endorsement bonuses. If you run a second career, play cheesy on easy and shorten the quarters. In between, do all the other little grindy things that can potentially earn VC. Good luck, and hope this helps!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TheWhiteStig on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 am

First of all thanks for the detailed answer you give. I do like the shot timing, but in online it often stutter then my shot would be very late or early, is there anyway to fix stutters or is it because of my internet ?

And for my second save I asked for more minute rather than VC, should I go with team that would give max vc but least minute ? I choose knicks because they are willing to give 20min but only 790 vc

I haven’t tried the prize wheel, but I will definitely check on that.

And 1 more question, does the choice to help correy Harris or not after dunk matter ?, my friend chose to help and he played for the lakers after g league while I play for the timberwoves, I skipped most of the cutscene because I already watched in from chrissmoove and I assume I would get lakers too like smoove did

Thanks again
TheWhiteStig

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:54 am

If your Internet isn't great then that certainly doesn't help with shot timing online. Apart from that, some amount of lag is inevitable and the quality of 2K's servers has been a knock on the game for some time, but where you are in the world and the speed of your connection is definitely a factor as well.

If you're playing on five minute quarters, it shouldn't matter too much if you asked for more minutes as the games are going to be fairly quick. The higher salary you can get the better, but of course you're not in a great position to negotiate for a lot of VC if you're still rated in the 60s, so sometimes you just have to take the most you can get. You do tend to get better offers if you play through The Prelude and perform well.

In my main MyCAREER, in which I actually skipped The Prelude, I made the mistake of asking for less VC but 2x MyPOINTS. Since it takes longer to earn VC and level up, it doesn't really matter if it also takes longer to hit the cap breakers. I watched a video advising me to take that route, but I ended up screwing myself on the salary as a result. Fortunately it's only a one year deal, but in the meantime, it's made the grind a bit longer. Also, if you're talking about having a second MyCAREER file that's just going to be used to earn extra VC for your proper MyCAREER game, then MyPOINTS don't matter.

Speaking of which, to answer your other question, I've only played through The Prelude twice - once on PS4 and once on PC in order to unlock the ability to skip it for subsequent games - and both times, I helped him up. I'm guessing there's some small difference in the story. I ended up playing for the Lakers both times, so that's interesting. Sounds like it might have some effect on the story after all; a lot of the supposed branching options don't have a big impact, so again, that's interesting to hear.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19