Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby miguel88 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:47 am

look great in general but i have a question about the new player movements slider
because I see the player with ball move faster than the rest of player so is so easy to dive into the basket by speed, what the reason the player without the ball speed and acceleration is lower than players with the ball?
with tendencies, CPU defense offense and shots are great but the new player movement makes the game so fast that looks like a race.
thanks for the work
miguel88
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby Vicerex on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am

It's definitely taken some getting used to, when I first tried it I didn't think I would like it, the speed difference was massive. But after two full games it's starting to feel pretty good. Stat-wise it's looking fairly realistic across the board but I'm still seeing the CPU shoot around 55%, so I was a little shocked to see you actually raised their shooting sliders. I may have to kick them down some to get them at or under 50%.

Also I tried the trick you mentioned in the video where you switch away from defending the CPU, it definitely improved how many free throws the CPU took because my AI fouls way more than I personally do for sure. But I'm so used to playing Lockdown D that it feels weird to let the CPU do it for me.

So far I'd say I'm liking it but I need to get more used to the new mechanics, it's so different it almost feels like a new game.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby dazman32 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Have done a few sims with these (CPU vs CPU), and yours definitely have the highest and most realistic foul numbers out of all the slider sets I've tried so far.

Which specific slider settings are you using to influence the fouls so much in your opinion? (Other than the foul sliders obviously.)
dazman32
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:53 pm

miguel88 wrote:look great in general but i have a question about the new player movements slider
because I see the player with ball move faster than the rest of player so is so easy to dive into the basket by speed, what the reason the player without the ball speed and acceleration is lower than players with the ball?
with tendencies, CPU defense offense and shots are great but the new player movement makes the game so fast that looks like a race.
thanks for the work


So this is honestly where the nerdy side of me comes out....basically the way that I determined the movement sliders was by watching actual NBA basketball....I was timing some of the players and how quickly the guys could get from one end of the court to another while sprinting and I tried to match that....I personally would say the reason it looks pretty fast is because the animations aren't really made to work at that speed....simply put the reason I didn't touch the "speed / acceleration" without ball sliders because they were so far AHEAD of the movement WITH ball sliders that I felt that it balanced things out. This is one of those things where I feel like "playing Sim" is kind of important. With this set maybe with guys like Wall and Westbrook this could be abused, but I honestly feel like the CPU does a pretty good job of countering you.

Vicerex wrote:It's definitely taken some getting used to, when I first tried it I didn't think I would like it, the speed difference was massive. But after two full games it's starting to feel pretty good. Stat-wise it's looking fairly realistic across the board but I'm still seeing the CPU shoot around 55%, so I was a little shocked to see you actually raised their shooting sliders. I may have to kick them down some to get them at or under 50%.

Also I tried the trick you mentioned in the video where you switch away from defending the CPU, it definitely improved how many free throws the CPU took because my AI fouls way more than I personally do for sure. But I'm so used to playing Lockdown D that it feels weird to let the CPU do it for me.

So far I'd say I'm liking it but I need to get more used to the new mechanics, it's so different it almost feels like a new game.


Yea and I didn't really think about how big the shock would be Tbh I've been playing with these since launch and I kinda got used to it. I do think i'm going to drop the "pass speed" slider however as I do think that balls zip by a little too fast! As far as the movement sliders go I do think they are pretty aggressive but it's the first version that I've put out, and I'm definitely willing to scale it back based on feedback!

dazman32 wrote:Have done a few sims with these (CPU vs CPU), and yours definitely have the highest and most realistic foul numbers out of all the slider sets I've tried so far.

Which specific slider settings are you using to influence the fouls so much in your opinion? (Other than the foul sliders obviously.)


I'll show you:

Body-Up Sensitivity- 25/1 (This slider helps the cpu actually GET to the basket...)

The Sliders below help make as much contact as possible:

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 50/100
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 50/100
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 12/100
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 12/100

Help Defense Strength - 100/100 (This slider gets more bodies in the paint to increase the odds of contact occurring!)
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Just watched your preview video, I am very excited to try these tomorrow. Do the latest gameplay updates in patch 1.04 somehow affect your slider set V2?
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:Just watched your preview video, I am very excited to try these tomorrow. Do the latest gameplay updates in patch 1.04 somehow affect your slider set V2?


yea lol they probably gonna mess it up and PC doesn't have the patch yet lol so I can't tweak yet!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby lnb525713 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Shady, greetings from China, I’m exited to see the update, it feels like a different game now... a more realistic one. I will post some feedback once I get used to the new “system”, anyway, thanks a lot for your effort, it’s awosome!
In China, few guys are now still caring about the “simulation”, “reality”... I’ve tried some GS in those forum, yours is apparently the best
lnb525713
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby Vicerex on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 am

I have 1.04 and they practically got rid of the on ball steal because so many casuals whined about it. You no longer need to guard the ball, you can dribble 1 inch from someone and they almost never go for a steal now. I had a feeling it wouldn't last too long. Other than that though I haven't noticed anything else that affects the sliders/statistics. I just have A LOT less turnovers now, it's pretty much back to the years before where I go a whole game and only have like 5-8 turnovers. I wish they made it a setting that could be turned off or on instead of just removing it.

I personally liked it, not only did I have more turnovers which helped the Sim aspect, but it actually made me fear certain on ball defenders like Chris Paul, now I have no fear of who's guarding me. Having to guard the ball from the defender felt like a new and fun mechanic, but now it's not even necessary.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:47 am

What slider controls fouls? Want to turn it down, too many ticky tack, touch fouls. Stops the flow of the game.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 3152
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby LeBronsLakers on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Pretty embarrassing stuff from Dee4Three tbh. I shoot a better percentage with the shot timing, so I have to turn down the user sliders when using that feature.

That being said, I've found that the sliders definitely are a bit too easy for me, as they usually are, but I've got a really good set now using your base, so big thanks Mike! I manually input everything into the HOF difficulty setting. As far as 3PA for the AI go, I noticed a lot of shots with a foot on the line, which would skew that number... Also, I've turned the user Blocking attribute down, as I was getting far too many of those, and also made the AI's defense stronger (On ball defense, jump shot gather/release defense strength). I've probably made other tweaks just to make the AI better in general, like raising their mid range success rate.

Very competitive and fun slider set, I'm finally having fun with this game instead of trying to resist the cheese.
LeBronsLakers
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:36 pm

LeBronsLakers wrote:Pretty embarrassing stuff from Dee4Three tbh. I shoot a better percentage with the shot timing, so I have to turn down the user sliders when using that feature.

That being said, I've found that the sliders definitely are a bit too easy for me, as they usually are, but I've got a really good set now using your base, so big thanks Mike! I manually input everything into the HOF difficulty setting. As far as 3PA for the AI go, I noticed a lot of shots with a foot on the line, which would skew that number... Also, I've turned the user Blocking attribute down, as I was getting far too many of those, and also made the AI's defense stronger (On ball defense, jump shot gather/release defense strength). I've probably made other tweaks just to make the AI better in general, like raising their mid range success rate.

Very competitive and fun slider set, I'm finally having fun with this game instead of trying to resist the cheese.


Good looks bro! Do you mind sharing what you put the User block attribute at and also what did you change the CPU mid-range to? Two sliders I was definitely looking to adjust! Tough to test though because I don't have the latest patch yet!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:58 am

LeBronsLakers wrote:Pretty embarrassing stuff from Dee4Three tbh. I shoot a better percentage with the shot timing, so I have to turn down the user sliders when using that feature.


Not embarrassing at all, a lot of people share my mindset in regards to user timing compared to real player %. I stand by everything I said. The only embarrassing part was doctored videos and the attitude surrounding the situation. Many people on OS have also stated they use User Timing for the same reasons. And, I gave all the backup for my reasoning (And more).

Carry on with comments about his sliders. But leave my name out of it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 am

Finally tried these yesterday, had a blast. Since I was trying every little aspect of the sliders, I kinda lost focus in the 3rd quarter and the 76ers had a blowout win against my Celtics. Will try to have a more consistent game next time.

I like how the CPU punishes you from the 3 mark if you give them the space. In some situations it looked a little bit exaggerated since Amir Johnson was hitting pull up dribble 3s when I was backing down from him, but this could be part of the real life game. I like what you have now (Y)
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby LeBronsLakers on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 pm

So CPU mid range is 57 for me, and User blocking I have all the way to 20. The last three games with that block setting have resulted in 10, 4, and 8 blocks. So yeah... I might turn it down a bit more, maybe to 17.

I also turned down offensive rebounding for both teams, down to 43, as an experiment. Aiming for fewer shots in total, and the last couple games the OREB split was 15/13 in favor of me both times. Idk if that's good or not.

edit: so I put blocks at 15 and got 4 again, so it's probably in the 15-17 range for me. But the pace is incredible, I lead the league with the Lakers and a 107.1 pace while the Nuggets are second with 101.3 or something like that. Huge difference, so I'm gonna try and slow the game down more. This is with game speed already at 47.
LeBronsLakers
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby Vicerex on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 am

LeBronsLakers wrote:So CPU mid range is 57 for me, and User blocking I have all the way to 20. The last three games with that block setting have resulted in 10, 4, and 8 blocks. So yeah... I might turn it down a bit more, maybe to 17.

I also turned down offensive rebounding for both teams, down to 43, as an experiment. Aiming for fewer shots in total, and the last couple games the OREB split was 15/13 in favor of me both times. Idk if that's good or not.

edit: so I put blocks at 15 and got 4 again, so it's probably in the 15-17 range for me. But the pace is incredible, I lead the league with the Lakers and a 107.1 pace while the Nuggets are second with 101.3 or something like that. Huge difference, so I'm gonna try and slow the game down more. This is with game speed already at 47.


Another thing you need to understand when testing sliders is who you are playing with and who you're going against. If you're playing with someone like Gobert, Capela, Dwight, AD, etc. then you're going to get a lot of blocks regardless of the sliders because they have very high block ratings. Then if you play with a team like the Cavs you may barely get any blocks at all even if you had the slider very high because Love & TT can't block to save their lives.

How I test sliders is by creating a MyLeague, I play 5-10 games then compare my team stats with the AI. If there are any where I'm way higher or way lower than the AI then I adjust those respective sliders. But if I'm not 1st place or 30th place I generally leave them as-is unless it doesn't look right. You can't really just test and adjust sliders based on a couple games, you need to see how it averages out against different competition.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby sanmarco on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:13 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:Just watched your preview video, I am very excited to try these tomorrow. Do the latest gameplay updates in patch 1.04 somehow affect your slider set V2?


yea lol they probably gonna mess it up and PC doesn't have the patch yet lol so I can't tweak yet!


Hi shadymike, saw your video about jumpshot gather/release settings that are switched for cpu & user or vice versa.
da_czar commented this is fixed already.
is the fix in patch 1.04?
User avatar
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby LeBronsLakers on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Vicerex wrote:
LeBronsLakers wrote:So CPU mid range is 57 for me, and User blocking I have all the way to 20. The last three games with that block setting have resulted in 10, 4, and 8 blocks. So yeah... I might turn it down a bit more, maybe to 17.

I also turned down offensive rebounding for both teams, down to 43, as an experiment. Aiming for fewer shots in total, and the last couple games the OREB split was 15/13 in favor of me both times. Idk if that's good or not.

edit: so I put blocks at 15 and got 4 again, so it's probably in the 15-17 range for me. But the pace is incredible, I lead the league with the Lakers and a 107.1 pace while the Nuggets are second with 101.3 or something like that. Huge difference, so I'm gonna try and slow the game down more. This is with game speed already at 47.


Another thing you need to understand when testing sliders is who you are playing with and who you're going against. If you're playing with someone like Gobert, Capela, Dwight, AD, etc. then you're going to get a lot of blocks regardless of the sliders because they have very high block ratings. Then if you play with a team like the Cavs you may barely get any blocks at all even if you had the slider very high because Love & TT can't block to save their lives.

How I test sliders is by creating a MyLeague, I play 5-10 games then compare my team stats with the AI. If there are any where I'm way higher or way lower than the AI then I adjust those respective sliders. But if I'm not 1st place or 30th place I generally leave them as-is unless it doesn't look right. You can't really just test and adjust sliders based on a couple games, you need to see how it averages out against different competition.


JaVale's career high is 2.4 or something like that in 24.8 MPG. I'm averaging 2.5 with him with identical MPG. His probably should be a little lower (and they're coming down, as they were inflated from blocks being too easy), and LeBron has the same issue. He was getting 4 a game, and now he's down to 1.5 per game. He averaged 0.9 last season.

To imply that I haven't done my research, or taking into account averages/personnel/opponents, is silly.

Also, I got 7 blocks in my last game, against the Spurs who like to do that fadeway middie. I know what I'm doing...
LeBronsLakers
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 am

sanmarco wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:Just watched your preview video, I am very excited to try these tomorrow. Do the latest gameplay updates in patch 1.04 somehow affect your slider set V2?


yea lol they probably gonna mess it up and PC doesn't have the patch yet lol so I can't tweak yet!


Hi shadymike, saw your video about jumpshot gather/release settings that are switched for cpu & user or vice versa.
da_czar commented this is fixed already.
is the fix in patch 1.04?


I can confirm it's 100% NOT fixed. I don't know what's going on with that. I have tested this.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Finally tried these yesterday, had a blast. Since I was trying every little aspect of the sliders, I kinda lost focus in the 3rd quarter and the 76ers had a blowout win against my Celtics. Will try to have a more consistent game next time.

I like how the CPU punishes you from the 3 mark if you give them the space. In some situations it looked a little bit exaggerated since Amir Johnson was hitting pull up dribble 3s when I was backing down from him, but this could be part of the real life game. I like what you have now (Y)


Hey man Amir's got like a 74 3 point open rating so he might hit one if you leave him wide open! My thought process with the high CPU 3 point shot was that I wanted pretty much anyone to have a CHANCE to knock down a WIDE OPEN 3.....nothing crazy though I'll keep an eye on it....I do think Rondo from the Lakers shoots too many 3's but that's more of a tendency thing.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 am

NBA Average for blocks a game was 4.8 last year, NBA average for steals last year was 7.7 nba average for offensive rebounds was 10 (9.7) those are the numbers I'm going for with this set.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby sanmarco on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:24 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
I can confirm it's 100% NOT fixed. I don't know what's going on with that. I have tested this.


Is this a legacy issue?
User avatar
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:20 pm

sanmarco wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
I can confirm it's 100% NOT fixed. I don't know what's going on with that. I have tested this.


Is this a legacy issue?


Yep I pointed it out a few years ago and everyone on Operation Sports called it BS lol.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby sanmarco on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Yep I pointed it out a few years ago and everyone on Operation Sports called it BS lol.

you think more (slider) settings are turned inside out? **ouch!
i'm using your v2 sliders by the way. thank you very much. first time im enjoying this game after a month of misery figuring out if 2k19 is a basketball game or quicksand dodgeball.

(oh yeah. stats from v2)
Image
User avatar
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 am

Think you guys are really going to like what I have for v2.5 uploading some gameplay tonight!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby HITman44030 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:00 am

These are great! Can't play without them no more
User avatar
HITman44030
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:37 am
Location: Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests