Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Vicerex wrote:I pretty much quit playing and marked it up as a bad year for 2K. But since you're back I think I'll come out of retirement and at least give this set a go. I'll let you know once I have about 10 or so games in with it.

In regards to your video, unfortunately I do think 2K doesn't care much about the Sim community anymore. We are such a small niche community compared to the MyPlayer & MyTeam communities. So thanks for not quitting on us despite 2K becoming more Arcade every year.

It really sucks though, I played NBA Live from 1995 to about 2005 before switching over to 2K. I still remember how amazed I was at how realistic 2K was in comparison (even the stock game). But the last 3 or 4 years I'm just not feeling it anymore, they've really turned down the Simulation experience to cater to the aspects that make them the most money. MyLeague & MyGM does not make them any money, you can play those modes entirely without spending 1 VC.

It's hard and yall notice every year I usually take some type of break just from getting frustrated...I've been saying it for years but I wish they would make two separate games....heck I'd love to have 2K fly out an actual sim player like me when they be having those pre launch showcases and events but they' rather fly out ipodkingcarter and chris smooth (no disrespect to either of them but I'm just saying they don't represent our demographic)

Also all the guys that used to make videos about the problems of the game went away, but I'm not going anywhere and if things get too crazy heck maybe we'll go and pick up NBA Live....
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Leander on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:29 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:I'll give you an example. Say I had 3 point shooting at idk 50, and I bumped it up to say 51...Next game? I'd shoot like 80% from 3 and I'd be like dang I'm going to sleep I'm kind of pissed...then I'd wake up the next day and play and I'd shoot 15 or 20 percent with the same exact slider setting....I know there is a randomness to the settings but that to me is kind of crazy.

Maybe because offensive consistency is set to 0. Have you tried using different settings to see if it changes the gap between making almost every shot and can't make anything?
Unless the slider does something else.

About your video: I think the description explains the slider why it is reversed. "Change the defensive impact" ... you (user) were open with jump shot strength set to 0...but smothered with it set to 100. I think it means "for the user, the defensive impact (of the cpu) is 0" so you can shoot without problems OR "for the user, the defensive impact (of the cpu) is 100", meaning you will be irritated by the cpu standing or jumping in your way. The entry "Jump shot defensive strength" is badly worded but the description "change the defensive impact" makes it more clear in my opinion.
Leander

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 am

Leander wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:I'll give you an example. Say I had 3 point shooting at idk 50, and I bumped it up to say 51...Next game? I'd shoot like 80% from 3 and I'd be like dang I'm going to sleep I'm kind of pissed...then I'd wake up the next day and play and I'd shoot 15 or 20 percent with the same exact slider setting....I know there is a randomness to the settings but that to me is kind of crazy.

Maybe because offensive consistency is set to 0. Have you tried using different settings to see if it changes the gap between making almost every shot and can't make anything?
Unless the slider does something else.

About your video: I think the description explains the slider why it is reversed. "Change the defensive impact" ... you (user) were open with jump shot strength set to 0...but smothered with it set to 100. I think it means "for the user, the defensive impact (of the cpu) is 0" so you can shoot without problems OR "for the user, the defensive impact (of the cpu) is 100", meaning you will be irritated by the cpu standing or jumping in your way. The entry "Jump shot defensive strength" is badly worded but the description "change the defensive impact" makes it more clear in my opinion.

This was before I made the change to 0 consistency. From my testing the consistency sliders act as the "clutch factor" option from older 2K games. Got a video coming on that soon (Probably Monday)

As for the reversed sliders I'm glad my video made it's way to 2K and I'm glad they were able to get it fixed.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Actually tried your sliders, I had fun. Lots of fun. Despite what you said in the video, I actually got close to real life averages for both me and the CPU.
Thank you a lot for this set!
I Hate Mondays

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V3.0 **11/23

Postby lnb525713 on Tue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm

LeBronsLakers wrote:To anyone who cares, I’ve taken Shady’s set and made it much more realistic and challenging at the same time. It’s on PS4, save name Mikev3Joe3, PSN “FKDUNKIN420XX69”

They play like real basketball, that’s about all I can say. They’re challenging, but the AI doesn’t shoot 60% to keep up with me. But they are challenging, so you have to grind out defensive possessions to get stops to keep them from shooting 65+%. Same for shooting, you will shoot a realistic percentage from three, unless you take bad shots.

any updates on your sliders dude?
lnb525713

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Believe it or not guys I will be back for 2K20 lol...

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19