Leander

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:34 pm

VERSION 4 IS OUT OP IS UPDATED!!!

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby donotj on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 am

hey do these sliders work for cpu vs cpu?
donotj

Postby Leander on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks Shady! Finally sliders I can get steals with. On normal Pro sliders I only get 1-3 steals.

I (Utah) only shot 21% in the first half although ALL of my shots were open. I use a combination of Real % but with the shot feedback on so I know and see what is considered as wide open, open, slightly contested or heavily contested. The paint was not difficult but I missed open jumpers. The CPU had problems as well, only making 30% of its shots in the first half.

Body contact often lead players to drop the ball.

Stats (6 minute-quarters):

My questions: is the field goal percentage so low because of offensive consistency set to 0?
What to increase to make ball handling more secure? As soon as body contact was established (just a player dribbling next to the defender, slighly touching him without a defensive stance) the ball was dropped.
Leander

Postby Leander on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:59 am

Ok, played another game...and the game was very different from the first one. The CPU made many more shots, both teams got many foul calls. Maybe because both offensive and defensive consistency is set to 0? It felt like a different game. Here's the comparison of both games:

And another game. I cannot believe I WON! OMG!
Shooting still does not work for me...switching from on-ball defense to controlling the PF or C in the paint did the trick (no more CPU cheese - PG passing to C all alone under the hoop while I was playing the PG defender)...and of course my offensive boards.

Leander

Postby Vicerex on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:05 pm

I pretty much quit playing and marked it up as a bad year for 2K. But since you're back I think I'll come out of retirement and at least give this set a go. I'll let you know once I have about 10 or so games in with it.

In regards to your video, unfortunately I do think 2K doesn't care much about the Sim community anymore. We are such a small niche community compared to the MyPlayer & MyTeam communities. So thanks for not quitting on us despite 2K becoming more Arcade every year.

It really sucks though, I played NBA Live from 1995 to about 2005 before switching over to 2K. I still remember how amazed I was at how realistic 2K was in comparison (even the stock game). But the last 3 or 4 years I'm just not feeling it anymore, they've really turned down the Simulation experience to cater to the aspects that make them the most money. MyLeague & MyGM does not make them any money, you can play those modes entirely without spending 1 VC.
Vicerex

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 pm

If you watch Da_Czar videos, it isnt a good idea to play in HoF, except for your ego (and on 2K18...).
CPU reaction at this level is unrealistic, so with the same speed/acc/lateral speed for user and CPU, in fact, user is disadvantaged.
That's why the best sliders IMO are those from schnaidt1 and why i dig unparallel (user/cpu) sliders now.
sticky-fingers

Postby Vicerex on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 am

Only one game in but the game does feel more fluid. I was actually having fun instead of feeling like I'm going against some unbeatable giant where if I don't perform perfectly I can't win. On the plus side the stats were realistic as well. Funnest game in a while. Of course 1 game isn't a good sample size so I'll keep trying it out.

I lost but it was tight up until the last 2 minutes, I was running a short rotation so my guys got tired (my own fault). I shot 43% and AI shot 47%, pretty happy with both of those. There was actually a good amount of fouls from both sides as well. I think we each had around 15 or 16, which still is lower than IRL but it's a lot more than you usually see in 2K.
Vicerex

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:18 am

sticky-fingers wrote:If you watch Da_Czar videos, it isnt a good idea to play in HoF, except for your ego (and on 2K18...).

Custom sliders aren't linked to a preset. It does not matter if you switch to rookie or hall of fame before entering your values. If it mattered, downloading sliders would not make sense as they only consist of values without a difficulty level set.
Leander

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:54 am

On current gen, it matters.
sticky-fingers

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:13 am

How do you know? If you switch to rookie, then input 50s to all entries, you get the same result as switching to hall of fame, then changing everything to 50. It is the values themselves that set the difficulty level.

It is rookie, pro, allstar, superstar, hall of fame and custom but not rookie, pro, allstar, superstar, hall of fame, custom rookie, custom pro, custom allstar, custom superstar, custom hall of fame.
There's only one custom slot. I don't understand why a lot of users post "my custom set is for a certain difficulty level", yet EVERYTHING has been manually adjusted.
Leander

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 am

Its just the way it works since 2K removed the option.
Try in rookie, give 0% to user and 100% to CPU.
Then start in HoF and do the same, you'll see a "slight" difference.
sticky-fingers

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:10 am

If this was true, (I don't say you are wrong though) how do you know which difficulty a custom slider is based on? You can download a ton of sliders but only see the values but not the difficulty level. Because of this, in my opinion custom is just custom without any difficulty level behind it.

By the way, I played 4 games with Shady's sliders with 3 losses and 1 win but a very close loss...and only 1 blow out loss. I suck at the game and only sometimes win on Pro. My theory that custom is only custom and NOT a variation of hall of fame is supported by my stats...I wouldn't be able to get a close game or even win with Shady's sliders if they really were based on hall of fame.
Leander

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:34 am

Mike Wang wrote that years ago after they removed simulation / arcade / casual settings.
sticky-fingers

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:09 am

Doesn't contradict my findings. Mike Wang doesn't necessarily mean what you understand. There's a big difference between using hall of fame as a preset, then adjusting a single slider from 50 to 45 for both sides OR starting on hall of fame, then changing everything...of course everything will be still hall of fame with just one slider changed...the difficulty level is created by the comparison of values themselves...the difference in shooting, the difference in defense etc. ... however, if you switch to hall of fame and then change every single slider to 10, then save it...it isn't a hall of fame preset but a generic custom preset. Correct me if I am wrong but starting on Rookie, then changing everything to 10 should result in the same gameplay as starting on hall of fame, then changing everything to 10 as well.
I don't want to hijack this thread with an offtopic dicussion though...so I'll stop now. :)

Back to topic I am thankful for Shady's sliders. Seems to be a solid set. Thanks, Shady!
Leander

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 am

You asked, i give you the answer from the devs.
And all people who share sliders do it in this way, so.... everyone must be wrong except you...
sticky-fingers

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:17 am

Andrew agrees here: viewtopic.php?f=240&t=107136

1) How do you explain that I suddenly win or get close games as I even lose a lot on pro?
2) When downloading sliders from 2k how do you know the difficulty level? You don't. It is just a collection of values.

Anyway...I am not sure I am right but don't understand your theory either.

However, my guess is that how well the CPU plays is only set in sliders. How closely it guards you, how quickly it reacts...there's a slider for everything...so no need for a difficulty level.
Leander

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:37 am

I said I had a feeling you were right, but clarification from Mike Wang supersedes my speculation. From that thread over on OS, and that one post in particular, it does sound like the difficulty level still matters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leander on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:23 am

Ok but how do you know which of the difficulty levels is used for an uploaded preset? It only has the attributes but nothing else. Not every player who uploads sliders posts additional information in a forum.
I'm just being too picky because I can't understand all those "my sliders are based on x level" posts in forums.

Back to topic: I like Shady's sliders but just played 12 minute-quarters instead of 6 and got way too many fouls. If you take your time and don't pass the ball quickly, you only have to dribble around and get reach-in fouls by the cpu a lot. Two players even fouled out. It is because of the "go for steals" slider...just dribble around without turbo and passing and the cpu always fouls you. I spent half of the second quarter shooting FTs. Don't others have the same problem?
Leander

Postby Vicerex on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 am

Difficulty does not matter at all when you're customizing the sliders, especially to the extent that Shady does. The difficulties are just preset sliders by 2K. Each higher difficulty handicaps the User further against the AI making it seem like it's actually getting harder when really it's just skewing sliders in an unrealistic way.

Think of Shady's sliders as adding in a completely new difficulty from scratch, it resembles HoF the most which is why he says to use that because you won't have to manually adjust the sliders as much as if it was on Rookie or something else. It's just for convenience.

By the way, default HoF is extremely easy to me, the AI is predictable and exploitable. Shady's sliders adds a little realism to the game and in my opinion makes the game significantly harder than default HoF because I actually lose, when I don't lose on regular HoF ever.

Until 2K comes out and reveals they have hidden sliders we can't see or adjust per the different difficulties, I'll call BS all day long.
Vicerex

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:08 pm

I had the same doubts, but i read and listened what devs wrote and said, and i tried
Da_czar explains how difficulty level impacts Ai in one of his videos.
So I dont think its bs.
Set rookie difficulty, then edit with shady's values, game will be easy.
sticky-fingers

Postby Vicerex on Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:40 am

If that is the case, then they have hidden sliders or code that we cannot access. Which would explain why no matter how much we alter the available sliders we can never get the game just right.
Vicerex

Postby Leander on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 am

Don't forget the random factor. Sometimes I am almost sure I found my set of sliders but then someting strange happens with really unrealistic moments or bad performances.
At the moment I am wondering about offensive and defensive consistency. Some say they set how quickly a player switches from offense to defense, runs back to defend etc...while others think they set the range of a random performance...how good he can be down to how bad someone can perform.
Leander

Postby Leander on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Set rookie difficulty, then edit with shady's values, game will be easy.

Ok guys, I wanted to run some tests and after playing several games with Shady's custom sliders, supposedly for hall of fame, I switched to rookie and created them from scratch. Rookie -> input all values. Next, I played some games and guess what...the results were the same! There is NO difference, it does not matter if you start on hall of fame or rookie, then input everything. Just try yourself...you SHOULD notice a difference between rookie and hall of fame but it felt the same and yielded the same stats. Some of you keep citing Mike Wang but I read his words in a different way and what is more, he probably meant it in a different way or just decided to give a short reply without upsetting or confusing the community. To me, it stands to reason that it is the attributes themselves that create the difficulty. For the user, FG decreases from rookie to hall of fame constantly whereas it increases for the cpu.
Download sliders and what do you see? Values. No hint about rookie or any other difficulty level. Moreover, editing sliders would be badly implemented and definitely not intuitive and self-explaining. If there wasn't just one custom set but several based on difficulty levels, 2K would have used rookie - hall of fame, rookie (custom), pro (custom)... - hall of fame (custom) and NOT just one single custom slot you don't even know what difficulty it is based on when fiddling around yourself for some time or downloading a preset from 2k share. Conclusion: custom is a difficulty on its own.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I'll tweak Shady's sliders some more and hopefully, I will start my My League...or wait till 2k20 if I get fed up by 2k. :)
Leander

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:59 pm

If you guys want my take on the issue....I'm going on the conspiracy side....I don't know what causes it but there is some type of funky code that goes on with this game...I'm telling you....It got so bad with version 4.0 that every time I changed my sliders I closed 2K and opened it back up. I'll give you an example. Say I had 3 point shooting at idk 50, and I bumped it up to say 51...Next game? I'd shoot like 80% from 3 and I'd be like dang I'm going to sleep I'm kind of pissed...then I'd wake up the next day and play and I'd shoot 15 or 20 percent with the same exact slider setting....I know there is a randomness to the settings but that to me is kind of crazy. So honestly I don't know if it's related to the difficulty I don't know if it's related to you starting and restarting the game, but something is definitely going on.....And as for the devs response that I mean it was just this year that we finally got the shot sliders fixed and I have been harping about these sliders for 3 years.....

phpBB [video]

I'm open to anything, but as somebody who has been doing this for a while now I'll give you this advice....don't take what the devs say about sliders to heart...sometimes I don't even think they know what they are talking about half the time. So just keep testing and keep doing what works for YOU.
ShadyMikeGaming

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19