Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V3.0 **11/23

Postby ThreePeatLAL on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:44 am

what if I level up the "defensive awareness + defensive consistency" to maximum (100)

great defense for cpu and user?
ThreePeatLAL

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:23 pm

ThreePeatLAL wrote:what if I level up the "defensive awareness + defensive consistency" to maximum (100)

great defense for cpu and user?

I usually don't mess with the consistency sliders as all they really do is make you go on runs, that said the user defensive awareness is already maxed out, and all raising it for the CPU does is make their defenders psychic.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Man...not sure about you guys but I'm getting WAY too many steals as the user. Looking into this.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:04 pm

52 Shooting 3pt shot for the CPU felt balanced for me. Rockets torched me from the 3pt line. Stepbacks, dribble pull-ups, contested shots, you name it, they had it.
I Hate Mondays

Postby sanmarco on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Shadymike, why is it again you don't play individual on ball defense?
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Postby Vicerex on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm

I've only played two games with this set, so it's not a good sample size yet but in both they shot 52% & 53% overall. On the bright side their 3PT% has been around 35% in both games which I'm happy with (that's about mid-tier in real NBA). They are scoring A LOT in the paint though, and they make them a lot too, hence the high overall %. In both games I played one they had about 80 points in the paint and the other was over 70. Current leader in the NBA only has 58 PIP.

But honestly other than that this set feels really good. Both games were very competitive, the stats were realistic down the board for both User & CPU aside from the CPUs Points in the Paint. Though I will say I did notice the User steals were a little high as you mentioned, I think I had 8 steals each in both games I played. But I also have 3 guys with an A rating in steals so it could just be that? But even though it's more steals than I'm used to 8 still only puts you about 15th place in the real NBA so it's actually a realistic number. What are your steals like, are you getting even way more than 8?
Vicerex

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:35 am

Sliders are good, but CPU offensive rebounding on missed shots, is still bad, no matter if playing good D or boxing out. They still come up with the ball. #Perplexing.
Uncle Drew

Postby Vicerex on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:53 pm

I've put around 10 games in with this set now. Both User & CPU still shooting around 50% which isn't terrible but I may drop the shooting sliders by 1 and it should be good to go after that. The points in the paint are still a little high for the CPU but I can live with it. I've been having really close and fun games for the first time in a long time.

The game isn't perfect, there's still issues with the core game that sliders can't fix, but we're used to that by now it's been like that for years.
Vicerex

Postby rlb1976 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello, I've been desperately searching for some quality sliders. Normally I can find a set that I'm good with on Operation Sports but so far it's not happening. I tried yours tonight (just one game so far) and they felt better than the others I've tried, but the FG% was too high. I played Myleague Magic vs Nuggets and my final fg% was 60% while there's was 54%. Is this likely an occasional occurrence or is this set maybe too easy for me.
rlb1976

Postby LeBronsLakers on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 am

rlb1976 wrote:Hello, I've been desperately searching for some quality sliders. Normally I can find a set that I'm good with on Operation Sports but so far it's not happening. I tried yours tonight (just one game so far) and they felt better than the others I've tried, but the FG% was too high. I played Myleague Magic vs Nuggets and my final fg% was 60% while there's was 54%. Is this likely an occasional occurrence or is this set maybe too easy for me.

No his set usually is too easy. I run a HOF hybrid Shady set, that keeps things more interesting.
LeBronsLakers

Postby Re leone on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:58 am

LeBronsLakers wrote:
rlb1976 wrote:Hello, I've been desperately searching for some quality sliders. Normally I can find a set that I'm good with on Operation Sports but so far it's not happening. I tried yours tonight (just one game so far) and they felt better than the others I've tried, but the FG% was too high. I played Myleague Magic vs Nuggets and my final fg% was 60% while there's was 54%. Is this likely an occasional occurrence or is this set maybe too easy for me.

No his set usually is too easy. I run a HOF hybrid Shady set, that keeps things more interesting.

If you want to share
Re leone

Postby rlb1976 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Re leone wrote:
LeBronsLakers wrote:

If you want to share
I've played about 5 games now. I play as the Magic and Pacers. I've won all 4 with the Magic and lost one with the Pacers. The percentages still seem a bit high but they evened out some. This set seems close to what I'm looking for. What is different with your hybrid set other than HOF?
rlb1976

Postby LeBronsLakers on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:35 am

AI is currently a couple points better at shooting from all ranges, body up sensitivity at 30, I’m currently trying lower shot defense strength but user is all 55, CPU 40. User steal success is at 10. I also have acceleration down to 63. User on-ball Defense is at 25, stealing at 30, and blocking 15. AI on-ball defense is at 65. I have offense awareness and defense awareness at 50 for both user and CPU. Not sure if that’s good or bad yet. Rebounding is 65 defense, 40 offense for both user and AI. and that’s pretty much it.

I hate how stupid the CPU is. They take way too few threes and it’s frustrating how the logic has gotten so much worse than previous years. It seems like this year it’s way more likely to have the PG just stand still with the ball for the whole shot clock and then just chuck up a wild ugly shot with 1 second left from waaaay behind the line, without even taking a dribble.
LeBronsLakers

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am

sanmarco wrote:Shadymike, why is it again you don't play individual on ball defense?

Because user controlled defenders cannot trigger certain contact animations that CPU controlled defenders can!

Vicerex wrote:I've only played two games with this set, so it's not a good sample size yet but in both they shot 52% & 53% overall. On the bright side their 3PT% has been around 35% in both games which I'm happy with (that's about mid-tier in real NBA). They are scoring A LOT in the paint though, and they make them a lot too, hence the high overall %. In both games I played one they had about 80 points in the paint and the other was over 70. Current leader in the NBA only has 58 PIP.

But honestly other than that this set feels really good. Both games were very competitive, the stats were realistic down the board for both User & CPU aside from the CPUs Points in the Paint. Though I will say I did notice the User steals were a little high as you mentioned, I think I had 8 steals each in both games I played. But I also have 3 guys with an A rating in steals so it could just be that? But even though it's more steals than I'm used to 8 still only puts you about 15th place in the real NBA so it's actually a realistic number. What are your steals like, are you getting even way more than 8?

When I say I'm getting a lot of steals I mean I'm getting A LOOOOOOT of steals, like 15 a game, 2K had to tweak something because there is no reason this should be happening out of the blue....

Uncle Drew wrote:Sliders are good, but CPU offensive rebounding on missed shots, is still bad, no matter if playing good D or boxing out. They still come up with the ball. #Perplexing.

I gotta be honest with you I'm not seeing this at all, I almost always outrebound the CPU but I'll keep an eye on it, last game I played as you can see in the stats posted above the CPU only had 6 OREBs

Guys do me a favor going forward and please post what platform you are playing on as well! Thanks! Going forward I'm going to start messing with the consistency sliders to maybe get some more balanced FG %'s!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 am

Also note that last game was played with the CPU 3 point shooting at 53 as opposed to the 52 that is in the OP.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 pm

About 15 games in now and this is definitely the best set so far. Stats are pretty good across the board but here's a few comments:

• Both User & CPU FG% was too high for my liking, but not drastically high, I lowered both USER & CPU shooting sliders by 1 in Inside-Close-Med-3pt and I'm getting much better shooting numbers. Generally around 48% for both USER & CPU which is still on the higher end but it's at least in the realm of reality.
• As far as peoples rebounding complaints I'm not really seeing it, I kind of go back and forth, one game I'll beat the CPU and the next they'll beat me. Neither are my an absurd amount though, so I feel the rebounds are good.
• I know I sound like a broken record now but the Points in the Paint for the CPU is too high. However by lowering the inside and close shooting sliders by 1 it has improved from them getting 70 PIP to around 60. So I may drop Inside and Close by 1 more.
• I'm starting to see the steals issue Shady has been talking about. I have a fantasy drafted team and have 2 of the best stealers in the game in John Wall and Jrue Holiday. I just finished a game with....27 steals....It was absurd, I won by 22 and had 30 points off turnovers. Wall had 5 steals, Holiday had 4 and almost every single player on my team had 1-3 steals even backups. Before this game I was usually averaging around 15 which is high but I can live with it. I actually tied the world record [Most steals, game 27-Seattle vs. Toronto, January 15, 1997].

So I feel like maybe a minor shooting slider change and somehow get the steals back down to reality and this set is good to go. I'm having very good and fun games, most are close, even if I lose I feel like I deserved it not like I was cheated.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Vicerex wrote:About 15 games in now and this is definitely the best set so far. Stats are pretty good across the board but here's a few comments:

• Both User & CPU FG% was too high for my liking, but not drastically high, I lowered both USER & CPU shooting sliders by 1 in Inside-Close-Med-3pt and I'm getting much better shooting numbers. Generally around 48% for both USER & CPU which is still on the higher end but it's at least in the realm of reality.
• As far as peoples rebounding complaints I'm not really seeing it, I kind of go back and forth, one game I'll beat the CPU and the next they'll beat me. Neither are my an absurd amount though, so I feel the rebounds are good.
• I know I sound like a broken record now but the Points in the Paint for the CPU is too high. However by lowering the inside and close shooting sliders by 1 it has improved from them getting 70 PIP to around 60. So I may drop Inside and Close by 1 more.
• I'm starting to see the steals issue Shady has been talking about. I have a fantasy drafted team and have 2 of the best stealers in the game in John Wall and Jrue Holiday. I just finished a game with....27 steals....It was absurd, I won by 22 and had 30 points off turnovers. Wall had 5 steals, Holiday had 4 and almost every single player on my team had 1-3 steals even backups. Before this game I was usually averaging around 15 which is high but I can live with it. I actually tied the world record [Most steals, game 27-Seattle vs. Toronto, January 15, 1997].

So I feel like maybe a minor shooting slider change and somehow get the steals back down to reality and this set is good to go. I'm having very good and fun games, most are close, even if I lose I feel like I deserved it not like I was cheated.

I feel like we're right there, but something has to be off. I mean from a PC vs Console perspective. Simply put the CPU doesn't score on me. IDK what it is idk if I'm playing incredible defense idk I think it's gotta be tuned differently on the PC or something:

Played this game with only the following changes:

CPU 3pt at 53 (they still shot 3/16)
CPU Steal Success at 52
User Steal at 40 (Still had 8 steals)

For the record I'm fine with my offense, I really am. I had more offensive rebounds than the CPU again 5 is actually pretty low tbh. As for the CPU I was happy to see KAT have 24-14, but their outside shooting was still horrific despite the +1 3pt shooting buff! I think next game I am going to play with user steals at 30 and see how it turns out!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby LeBronsLakers on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:38 am

I have the same problem Shady, and I’m on PS4. The game just sucks, AI doesn’t play NBA basketball anymore. They don’t shoot enough threes every game, and they’re very predictable a lot of times and easy to defend. Plus, as soon as you get momentum, they can’t score or stop you, so it’s a blowout from there.
LeBronsLakers

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 am

I am on PS4 too.
With V3, last 6-5 games and every game I've played with this set for matter resulted in final FG% for both me and the CPU anywhere in the 50-72 range. Nothing lower.

I've had games picking both the favorites to win the game and the underdogs. Every game had the same story for me.
Despite what other users said, the CPU became very difficult to guard at some point of the game. The inside game from the CPU was too OP. Sometimes they would hit heavily contested circus shots in the paint area. Contesting did nothing, trying to block the shot usually resulted in a foul somehow. It was frustrating. I would be trying to win the game of course and suddenly I would see myself pulling some cheesy moves I know would work, like hard drives to the rim for a layup, pick and rolls frenzies, and generally speeding up the tempo.
Three point shots where going in easily, post fadeaways were gold 4 out of 5 times for the CPU, and there were a lot of fouls while I was trying to stop them most of the time.
I play 2K since 2k10 so the fact that I do not know how to play defense is out of the question IMHO. I've aged with the defense systems of this game since you could actually play D in 2K13 to what we have now so yeah.

Today, while playing with the Twolves against the Warriors, at the end of 1st quarter, the CPU had 76 fg% on me, I had 56% and the story seemed to look the same. I was down by 12. I raged quited on your sliders returned to the main menu after Durant hit 2 heavily contested and-ones on me.
I've picked a random set of sliders from the most downloaded ones on PS4. The shooting values for the CPU in this set was between 40 and 50 despite your set which has the numbers between 50 and 60, just a random thing I've seen. Anyways, I fired up the game with the same teams, gave these sliders a go for like 2 minutes and then decided to switch back to your sliders in the middle of the game.

Suddenly, everything was shaping up to be a different story. Same teams, same sliders I've been using 10 minutes ago, but the game was so much different. I just felt that from the first 4-5 possessions.
I couldn't believe it, thought maybe it's a little caching thing for the game and the randomly picked set of sliders was still having some ghostly presence on the game, since I haven't selected the rematch option and just continued the game after those two minutes.

I restarted my game, picked the same teams but the game was still playing up nicely. I just told myself I would play just one quarter to check out whatever was happening, but finished the whole game on 12 min quarters because finally it felt nice and had one of the best games since like V 1,5.
Smart defense by both me and the CPU was nicely rewarded, a few circus shots went in now and then but nothing out of the ordinary like the two and-ones from Durant which I've mentioned before. Curry was still hitting crazy 3s if I left him a little bit of room but that is expected of him. Thompson on the other hand missed a couple of open 3s which does happen in real life from time to time.
Game finished 110 - 105, Warriors(CPU) won. I've had 42 fg%, cpu had 45%. Seems just right.

Now I don't know if this is placebo or the fact that I've switched from a set of sliders with lower numbers to yours did a difference somehow, but something happened there. Maybe the fact that I was giving a final shot using your sliders and I started using smart offense and playcalling instead of pick and roll random plays to match a CPU that was making crazy shots did a difference.

I will try to check in a a couple of days if whatever was happening is still there.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:45 am

New game but sadly the crazy numbers got back.
It was the Raptors vs the Warriors, me controlling the Raptors.

These are halftime numbers. FG% is already way through the roof

These are final numbers at the end of the game:

As you can see, this wasn't that kind of All-Star break game. Even though the numbers are crazy, both teams shot around the average number of attemps per game.
I tried to slow down the tempo of the game and play a balanced offense like the Raptors do as you can see from the possesion time, but no luck in getting good results.

I love some aspects of your sliders. The way the CPU tries to shoot the 3 ball when you give it a little room like every team does in today's NBA. Also, the post game exists and it looks wonderful.
The thing I absolutely love is CPU going for pump fakes for time to time. Last year, I only got the CPU jumping for a fake for like 5 times...the whole season.

The things that I think must be tweaked is all kinds of shooting for both the user and the CPU. Too many heavily contested close-range shots going in. I was all over Kevin Looney which is a below average player. I was almost broking my right stick with good D. But he made the contested shot with an awkward hook in the paint. Same story goes for 3 ball sometimes. Simply put, if you see one of those shots which are wide open or have a little room and you usualy hope they would go in, they usually go in. No surprises, no missed wide open shots. Everything goes like a perfect scenario.

A lot of and-ones on both sides and when I saw Green from the Warriors hit a dribble pull-up 3 with a hand in his face, that was too much for me. Sure, miracles happen, players hit crazier shots in real life even though that is not expected of them, but at that point of the game everything wasn't "wow" anymore, it was just outrageous.

Another thing that could be tweaked is the help defense. Players are sometimes all over the floor. Easy drives to the rim every time and once you get in that close range area, it's a make. The only way I got denied there is when I forced some layups and I got blocked.

I have been using your sliders for some years and I know you can get this right. I am here to help with info or anything else if you need me (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby Re leone on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 am

I tried your cursors v. 3, the rhythm sounds good, the only thing I hear is the weariness of the players, they never get tired
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re leone

Postby Re leone on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 am

I'm on Xbox, I use the 2k roster with changes on coaches, assistants and all the staff, I have also changed the coaching Poe to reflect the styles of each team, then in a mylegue control all 30 teams and change the defense to help This helps a lot in the game, I saw all of this in the celticLG spreadsheet on OS
Re leone

Postby Re leone on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:52 am

The high percentages are sometimes there, this is also NBA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re leone

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re leone wrote:The high percentages are sometimes there, this is also NBA

Sometimes, not 5 out of 6 times. But I get it, I would rather have good tendencies for my game anyways and ignore the high fg%. I will play some more games and try to run plays kinda every possesion instead of 7 seconds offense pick and rolls. If you play slow, the CPU will start playing slow
I Hate Mondays

Postby Re leone on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:35 am

These sliders sound good to me, I made only two changes for both, stamina 44 and fatigue rate 44, these are the statistics of the first half
Re leone

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19