Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2.5 (POST PATCH)

Postby Lesat on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:11 am

Shady, could you re-post version 2 of your great sliders, please?

I definitely prefer pre-patch gameplay and after re-installing game don't remember all the sliders values.
Lesat

Postby Re leone on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 am

Test match in a mylegue with the changes you have recommended with your cursors
Wizards ( user)
Raptors ( CPU)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re leone

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 am

Lesat wrote:Shady, could you re-post version 2 of your great sliders, please?

I definitely prefer pre-patch gameplay and after re-installing game don't remember all the sliders values.

I actually don't have them typed out anywhere, but they are in the description of this YT video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLOjwECoww&t=1s

Re leone wrote:Test match in a mylegue with the changes you have recommended with your cursors
Wizards ( user)
Raptors ( CPU)

Awesome! Glad to see the CPU FG% a little bit more under control. v3 coming soon! Has anyone else that was having issues with CPU FG% tried these tweaks?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Re leone on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 am

Re leone wrote:Test match in a mylegue with the changes you have recommended with your cursors
Wizards ( user)
Raptors ( CPU)

Awesome! Glad to see the CPU FG% a little bit more under control. v3 coming soon! Has anyone else that was having issues with CPU FG% tried these tweaks?[/quote]

Hello, you will have noticed that I am new to this forum, waiting for volume 3, I always hope it is on hof, I liked the gameplay, I play with timing user
Re leone

Postby RobDavis on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 am

Been using these sliders for MyLeague and I love em. Gonna post more videos

phpBB [video]
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 pm

There's gotta be a way to control offensive rebounds especially the CPU. You can make a great defensive play, like a blocked shot, and somehow they get the ball back and put it in. It's unnerving to say the least. Outside of that bug, and the lose the ball to a steal on dribble moves, it's not bad gameplay.
Uncle Drew

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:16 am

RobDavis, can you share that DLo cybaerfae? That’s the one by Wei correct?
bluejaybrandon

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Still putting finishing touches on v3, want them to be perfect, taking a little bit longer than I expected, but I'm going to drop them on Friday 11/16 if you want to test what I have so far I've posted a beta set below:

Everything is the same as v2.5 except what I have listed:

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success – 47/55
Close Shot Success – 45/60
Mid-range Success – 47/56
3PT Success - 47/57
Layup Success – 50/57
Dunk In Traffic Success – 40/40

Help Defense Strength - 50/50
Steal Success - 50/51

Speed – 55/55
Blocking – 30/100
Offensive Rebounding - 50/40
Defensive Rebounding – 50/50

Take Inside Shots - 50/0
Take Close Shots – 50/0
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/9
Attack The Basket -50/10
Attempt Putbacks – 100/100
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Shady, you have 2 sets of sliders on 2K share, experimental and another set, which one is 2.5?
Uncle Drew

Postby Vicerex on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 am

I tried out your pre-3.0 sliders and this was the result: (I was the Nets)

Not much changed, they shot slightly less overall FG% (before I was usually seeing 60+) but their 59% from 3pt didn't go down, in fact it went up from my last screen shot. Funny thing is I didn't even use the 57 you posted I actually bumped it down to 56 because I knew just going down 1 wouldn't be enough, and apparently either was going down 2.

I was still blown out; this is the common theme, the AI scores 140-150 every game no matter who I am and who they are, I can't stop them. It's like playing against Skynet from Terminator. I even changed my play style up and went for a more run-and-gun approach to try and keep up but I still couldn't even with scoring 121 which is A LOT for me, I usually average around 100 because I play slow. The only reason I didn't get blown out by 47 like in the last screenshot is because they fouled me like crazy, I had 32 free throws compared to them only getting 7...

Their best player had 66 points and shot 14/22 from three. Which ties the new single game record that Klay Thompson achieved a few weeks ago in real life.

Another issue is they only had 3 offensive rebounds, which makes sense when they never miss. They had to have messed something up in one of the PS4 patches, because the shooting was never this bad before, I'm not blaming it on you at all Shady, I think a PS4 update screwed something up. If you notice it's only PS4 players complaining about the AI shooting percentages.

On the bright side my shooting percentages at 48/42 are both realistic and I'm happy with. Just wish the AI could come back down to reality.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:18 am

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team shoot a higher three point % than overall FG %. This leads me to believe they're missing a good amount of their non-3's but they make so many 3's it keeps their overall FG% high. So maybe I'll kick just their 3pt slider down to 50 and go from there, leaving everything else the same and see how it goes.
Vicerex

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:59 am

Vicerex wrote:Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team shoot a higher three point % than overall FG %. This leads me to believe they're missing a good amount of their non-3's but they make so many 3's it keeps their overall FG% high. So maybe I'll kick just their 3pt slider down to 50 and go from there, leaving everything else the same and see how it goes.

It actually happens a decent amount.

The Celtics had 12 games last season where they shot a higher 3P% than FG%, the Heat acheived it in 9 games, the Nuggets 7 games, Orlando 5 games, etc. It's not the majority of the time, but it certainly happens.

And even without threes factored in, the Pistons in your screenshot shot .564% on two pointers, a mark that they only reached 4 times in all 82 games last season, and havn't reached yet this season. On the previous page, you allowed the Nuggets to shoot 64% on twos. On page 3, you stated that the set was "awesome", but the Nuggets shot 56% from two on you in that game, but were 5/18 from three. So if you are going to look at threes, you should equally be looking at twos, as turning down the 3 point sliders for CPU won't cause that two point problem to go away. You should also be equally looking at how you are playing defense on twos. Because as you know, the sliders don't control EVERYTHING. You yourself have to be playing the right defense in order to get some of those percentages down. The way we play controls a lot of these stats.

Sanmarco on page 4 held the CPU Raptors to 44% on twos using the same slider set that you allowed 56% from the Nuggets. That's most likely not the sliders, that's the way you are playing defense. My suggestion is to make sure that you are using the joystick properly and often on defense, and if you are struggling with that, have a conversation with yourself on which option (camera relative or absolute) is better for you, or maybe try changing camera views that give you a better view of the court. As the camera view you showed in your videos, you can't see the entire court, in fact when you are in the paint, or the ball is in the corner, most of the court is completely cutoff so you can't see anything. I also just held the CPU to about 40% on twos (when taking out threes) with the CPU on HOF shooting. The three point percentage was high because I was going under screens, and played poor close out defense on several threes (including two I show in the highlight video I made, one includes the game winner because I went to double Towns). That's on me.

Here is the camera view you are playing on (Taken from your videos)

Sexton is bringing up the ball, you are using LeBron. You can't see anything behind you at all, Sexton makes a pass before he even gets over halfcourt.

The camera spins, and Thompson is already going up with the shot in the paint even before the camera puts him in view.

You are not on player lock, but you never switch players. You let the CPU do the on ball defense for you unless the ball is passed to the player you are already guarding when the ball is being brought up. If you are on McGee when the ball is being brought up, you stay on McGee and stay close to the center, if you are on LeBron when the ball is being brought up you stay on LeBron. My suggestion outside of changing camera views, is to guard the ball more, allowing you to control more of the outcome on defense, and if you are using the R stick correctly, you will get those percentages down. Mastering icon switching will do wonders for you. So changing the camera view so you can see more of the action, guarding the ball more often so you can contest more shots yourself, and just overall making sure you are using the R Stick properly, all of these things could help you greatly to get those percentages down like myself and Sanmarco have been able to do.

This is the definition of human error which caused my opponent to shoot over 50% from three for the game, I did a great job guarding all areas inside the three point line (Holding them to 40% from two) but a poor job on 3 point defense. This isn't a slider issue, just like more than likely its not shadymikes sliders in your situation, it looks like you probably need to tweak a few things on your end with the way you are playing. I am the 76ers here, and the CPU is on HOF shooting. I have HUD turned off so it looks more like a real broadcast, but thats not an excuse for the following items:

at 2:52 - I don't close out on Towns quick enough with Embiid
at 3:31 - I don't respect the shooter and go to help down weak side
at 4:42 - I back off with Butler on Covington, late close out, burys me
at 6:43 - I didn't expect Towns to pop the three right off the catch, so Im not even close to him with Embiid. No close out.
at 6:50 - I go under the screen, leaving Rose completely wide open
at 9:20 - I go under the screen, allowing a wide open three for Wiggins
at 12:19 - I allow the game winner because I went to double Towns with Butler, which left Covington wide open

phpBB [video]

I am the reason why they shot over 50% from three, not the sliders.

Disregarding everything else that happened in this thread, this is me just trying to help you out.

Good luck!
Last edited by Dee4Three on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Re leone on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:05 am

IMG_20181111_174449.jpg
This is with your last changes, I like the gameplay, I used jazz for the first time and my hands were cold.
I user timing user
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re leone

Postby Re leone on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 am

Re leone wrote:
IMG_20181111_174449.jpg
This is with your last changes, I like the gameplay, I used jazz for the first time and my hands were cold.
I use timing user
Re leone

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

I've been playing with the CPU 3pt slider at 52 and it's been a huge help the past few games. Both the overall and 3pt percentages are within the realm of reality now. I may drop it 1 more across the board (inside, close, mid, 3) but I'm actually having fun again. I'm all for a challenge but the CPU shooting 60%+ every game just isn't enjoyable.

@Dee4Three, When I play MyLeague I take it a little more serious than Play Now so I use Skybox or Nosebleeds camera so I can see more of what's going on. I just use Player lock (the camera setting not actual Player lock) in Play Now because it feels more immersive. As for not switching defenders, I've just always done that, whoever I ended the offensive play with I usually stay with them on defense even if they're a poor defender. I rarely switch unless the character is off the screen or if it's a close 4th quarter game and I feel like my AI aren't holding them down good enough. Nothing strategic to it really, just something I've always done. I realize that helps give the opponent easier buckets but I don't mind some freebies as long as the percentages remain realistic which usually they do until the past patch or two.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:29 am

This is a game I just played, still have 3PT on 52, otherwise I have everything the same as Shady's sliders: (I was the Wizards)

This game was a blast, I was behind the whole game and in the last 4 minutes my guys got hot both offensively and defensively. We slowly crawled back and I won the game on a buzzer beating 3.

Besides all of that, as you will see the AI was shooting realistic numbers both overall and 3pt. I was shooting poorly from 3 all game so I started driving more and that's when I began coming back, they couldn't stop my drive & post game. Really from top to bottom I like all the numbers I see for both myself and the CPU, this is the first game I felt truly satisfied with the stats in a while. All it took was lowering their 3pt by 6 and they went from Skynet back down to NBA Players.
Vicerex

Postby Re leone on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Vicerex wrote:This is a game I just played, still have 3PT on 52, otherwise I have everything the same as Shady's sliders: (I was the Wizards)

[ Image ]

This game was a blast, I was behind the whole game and in the last 4 minutes my guys got hot both offensively and defensively. We slowly crawled back and I won the game on a buzzer beating 3.

Besides all of that, as you will see the AI was shooting realistic numbers both overall and 3pt. I was shooting poorly from 3 all game so I started driving more and that's when I began coming back, they couldn't stop my drive & post game. Really from top to bottom I like all the numbers I see for both myself and the CPU, this is the first game I felt truly satisfied with the stats in a while. All it took was lowering their 3pt by 6 and they went from Skynet back down to NBA Players.

The rest of the sliders are the same as the first page or you've even done the latest updates that was trying shady
Re leone

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:02 am

Vicerex wrote:I've been playing with the CPU 3pt slider at 52 and it's been a huge help the past few games. Both the overall and 3pt percentages are within the realm of reality now. I may drop it 1 more across the board (inside, close, mid, 3) but I'm actually having fun again. I'm all for a challenge but the CPU shooting 60%+ every game just isn't enjoyable.

@Dee4Three, When I play MyLeague I take it a little more serious than Play Now so I use Skybox or Nosebleeds camera so I can see more of what's going on. I just use Player lock (the camera setting not actual Player lock) in Play Now because it feels more immersive. As for not switching defenders, I've just always done that, whoever I ended the offensive play with I usually stay with them on defense even if they're a poor defender. I rarely switch unless the character is off the screen or if it's a close 4th quarter game and I feel like my AI aren't holding them down good enough. Nothing strategic to it really, just something I've always done. I realize that helps give the opponent easier buckets but I don't mind some freebies as long as the percentages remain realistic which usually they do until the past patch or two.

Makes sense.

Those easy buckets though by the CPU are extremely unrealistic at times, whether the end result is a realistic percentage or not. Like my example above, how often in the NBA do you see a PG rifle a pass before crossing halfcourt into the paint (Under the basket), and the receiver go straight up, and none of this be on the fastbreak? (Defense is completely back and it was a make on the other end). Those type of things ruin the immersion for me, they look out of place and unrealistic. That's why I use a camera view where I can see the entire halfcourt and a little more (Like you do in MyLeague), and why I use icon switching so I can address these situations before they happen. I'll often be switching players to cover off the ball if I see the CPU slacking (Like in my example above), or if I see they are getting backdoored, or a screen is being set for a shooter and I want to cut it off, etc.

Putting the defense in the CPU's hands, regardless of slider settings, is a tough go. Especially on this gen where defense has had many holes/issues, dating back to the trailer three issue on 2K16, the PNR defense and the guard moving out of the way on the break on 2K17, to the blow by defense/poor help and transition defense in 2K18, etc. The only good thing about having to make up for so many CPU mistakes is that it keeps me engaged constantly on defense.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Vicerex on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:27 am

Re leone wrote:The rest of the sliders are the same as the first page or you've even done the latest updates that was trying shady

I used his pre 3.0 changes from his post above.
Vicerex

Postby Re leone on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 am

Shady news on the cursors?
Re leone

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 am

Re leone wrote:Shady news on the cursors?

Nah I'm struggling to tweak tbh. Everyone says the CPU is overpowered but when I lower the sliders to what other guys are using I get results like this:

Spurs are the CPU and we were halfway through the 2nd quarter here....

Not 100% sure where the discrepancy is, but we'll figure it out!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:13 pm

I have everything exactly like you do except for CPU 3pt shooting I have at 52. It's the only way I can keep them at or under 50%. Otherwise with your 3pt of 58 they shoot 60%+ every single game and are basically unbeatable.

Only thing I can think of is the 3pt slider is weighted differently between PC & PS4. Which is a coding issue, aka nothing we can do about it.

Maybe when you post 3.0 just mention in parenthesis that if you play on PS4 you may need to lower CPU 3pt to around 52 if the AI is shooting too high of a percentage.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Vicerex wrote:I have everything exactly like you do except for CPU 3pt shooting I have at 52. It's the only way I can keep them at or under 50%. Otherwise with your 3pt of 58 they shoot 60%+ every single game and are basically unbeatable.

Only thing I can think of is the 3pt slider is weighted differently between PC & PS4. Which is a coding issue, aka nothing we can do about it.

Maybe when you post 3.0 just mention in parenthesis that if you play on PS4 you may need to lower CPU 3pt to around 52 if the AI is shooting too high of a percentage.

You're right on the money here except for one thing. It's not the slider, it's some type of weird momentum thing that's clearly not kicking in AS FREQUENTLY***** on PC as it is on the consoles. I'll tell you why I feel this way.....I was playing a game vs the Warriors (no steph, no draymond) and they shot 33% from the field in the first quarter...my first thought was Wow here we go again another trash game from the CPU IDK what these guys are talking about with these high percentages....then it happened. Rest of the game they shot 72% from the field (avg between quarters 2,3,4) Just nailing literally every 3, and really every shot they took. They ended up taking about 28 less shots than me simply because they never missed for the rest of the game. I've never seen anything like that, but I have so many theories as to why it happened in this particular instance that I don't even have time to type it all out.

For years people have complained about 2K games being "scripted" and I have never believed this to be true, I do however believe 2K uses some type of "game template" to achieve a somewhat "realistic" flow of an NBA game....I believe before the game starts the game is decided to be a "shootout" or a "defensive struggle" or "team A starts slow while team B starts hot to set up a run by Team A in the third quarter" another thing is I also believe that the game difficulty is never truly "custom" but the difficulty is determined by the total value that you have certain groups of sliders at....I have come to believe this because I have seen MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR differences in games just by changing 1 slider by 1 point. For example if the sum of 5 individual sliders = 250 (which would mean they are all set to 50 ) then that difficulty is all-star, but as soon as that sum = 251 (say you changed one slider to 51) then the entire game becomes Superstar.....like I said there is just too much to explain here I'd have to make a YT video, and trust me I'm not just rambling here I may have some actual proof. That said I'm dropping v3 of my sliders let me know what you guys think!
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V3.0 **11/23

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:31 pm

HUGE slider update guys a lot of minor tweaks make sure you put in everything correctly. On-ball defense is redone, tendencies redone, CPU shooting nerfed pretty heavily tbh, let me know what you guys think:

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V3.0 **11/23

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Guys let me know if you like 52 3 point shooting for the CPU or if you think you may want to go to 53! That was really one of the only things I was on the fence about, We are seeing a lot more scoring in the NBA lately and I want to be able to accurately reflect that!
ShadyMikeGaming

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19