Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby BlackbeardDMH on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Man, these sliders are amazing! I'm having a great time with them!
BlackbeardDMH

Postby miguel88 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:21 am

tonight the 2.5 sliders should be released so will see the new improves and adjusts from the patch 1.04

what I notice on lastest matches I play with this sliders I feel to easy to win the CPU now, also i think after the patch 1.04 the CPU steal should be raised on the slider

I play on 7 min with sim stats and min to 12 and I get good stats around more than 20 free thus, more than 25 3p att, 80 to 95 fgatt, 35 to 50 rbns all per team,

but the % shot by CPU in some games I very low like 28 % I played raptors to Celtics and the Celtic had 27 % FG and 18% 3p, I don't know if there a way to fix this with sliders

anyone notice that after the last two patches are almost impossible to see an in game injury at the version 1.00 I use to see a few, so bad that now is almost impossible and looks like the sliders of injuries and durability doesn't work
miguel88

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:38 am

Spending all day tonight tweaking, sliders will be out late tonight, sliders are technically done already but I like to test in different modes with different teams etc to make sure the changes I've made apply evenly.

Also potentially stupid question....do sliders effect MyLeague Sim stats?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby HITman44030 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:40 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Spending all day tonight tweaking, sliders will be out late tonight, sliders are technically done already but I like to test in different modes with different teams etc to make sure the changes I've made apply evenly.

I don't think so. I still have the same sim stats while using your sliders.
HITman44030

Postby TheRocket on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 am

Has anyone else noticed the difference in the gameplay between playing a "Play Now" game and playing a game in MyLeague. Playing a random game "Play Now" for some reason feels much better to me, a bit slower, with CPU making a bit better and smarter decisions, feels more under control, while when playing in My League it feels so fast and out of control and the CPU is attacking the rim like crazy forcing bad contested shots. And it's not your sliders, it's like that for me regardless of the sliders. I am just asking if anybody else seen that
TheRocket

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:07 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Spending all day tonight tweaking, sliders will be out late tonight, sliders are technically done already but I like to test in different modes with different teams etc to make sure the changes I've made apply evenly.

Nope. Sim stats can't currently be tweaked by any users. They are determined using 2k alghoritms based on ratings, mpg, offense/defense sets, player roles, system proficiency, etc. The only way to get different sim results is to actually use different rosters.
I Hate Mondays

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2.5 (POST PATCH)

Postby TheRocket on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 pm

I tried sliders and I love them, really feels great, more fouls, more turnovers, rebounds are more spread across the team, percentages are really nice. Good job bro
TheRocket

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:21 am

Anxious to try these out. I'm getting killed by any team, jumping out to big leads in the 1st qtr. Offensive rebs are a joke, and the foul sensitivity is too high. Game hasn't been much fun for me to play, with the CPU making every layup and 3 pt shot, and me missing layups and open shots. Defense is worst than 2K18, CPU backdoor cuts are murder, and there is no way to rotate, players react too late. I like the bling in this years game, but the substance hasn't changed at all.
Uncle Drew

Postby lnb525713 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Wow, now we get the V2.5... can’t wait to give it a go
I’ve being enjoying the real percentage of V2.0, looking forward to more possibilities inV2.5
Thank u bro, u R the master
lnb525713

Postby Aston on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:50 pm

TheRocket wrote:Has anyone else noticed the difference in the gameplay between playing a "Play Now" game and playing a game in MyLeague. Playing a random game "Play Now" for some reason feels much better to me, a bit slower, with CPU making a bit better and smarter decisions, feels more under control, while when playing in My League it feels so fast and out of control and the CPU is attacking the rim like crazy forcing bad contested shots. And it's not your sliders, it's like that for me regardless of the sliders. I am just asking if anybody else seen that

Agree for the myLeague, sometimes the team mindset is low cuz looses, injuries, bad coaching, understanding team pourcentage and other bad moods... More factors than in Play Now. ^^
Aston
Culture.

Postby Vicerex on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 am

CPU just keeps blowing me out. Their shooting sliders are way too high, or either I'm playing with bad teams not good enough on defense to trigger the defensive sliders.

Last night I was thoroughly demolished more than I ever have been in all my decades playing basketball video games. See below:

As you will see here I was blown out by 47 points. They shot 62% (was 68% until 4th quarter, they put backups in and actually missed a couple shots) and 55% from 3pt. My percentages are realistic and I felt like I played a pretty good game, but you can't beat someone who doesn't miss.

Another thing you will notice is the very high points in the paint. They drove, drove, drove, drove and then drove some more. The league average for points in the paint is around 45...they had 70.

Then moving on down you will see they completely bent me over on rebounds, almost doubling both my offensive and defensive rebounds. Now this issue is new, I never got blown out on the boards in the previous 2.0.

I've complained that the CPU shooting is too high for your last two updates now and yet you keep raising their shooting sliders. Something isn't right here. I wonder if it's because I'm on PS4, maybe the sliders are weighted different than on PC. They shouldn't be, but I don't know how else to explain these drastic numbers from the CPU. I just don't know what to do, maybe I'll just go back to your 1.5 slider set or something, was having great games then. Or maybe I should just tweak the sliders from your current set, I don't know but this isn't fun and it doesn't feel simulation at all as it currently stands.
Vicerex

Postby sanmarco on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Vicerex wrote:CPU just keeps blowing me out. Their shooting sliders are way too high, or either I'm playing with bad teams not good enough on defense to trigger the defensive sliders.

Last night I was thoroughly demolished more than I ever have been in all my decades playing basketball video games.

I've complained that the CPU shooting is too high for your last two updates now and yet you keep raising their shooting sliders. Something isn't right here. I wonder if it's because I'm on PS4, maybe the sliders are weighted different than on PC. They shouldn't be, but I don't know how else to explain these drastic numbers from the CPU. I just don't know what to do, maybe I'll just go back to your 1.5 slider set or something, was having great games then. Or maybe I should just tweak the sliders from your current set, I don't know but this isn't fun and it doesn't feel simulation at all as it currently stands.

Yap. I noticed cpu BS is happening again after 1.04 patch even with shady's slider set 2.0.
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:52 am

Same story here. CPU jumps out to big leads in the 1st qtr, and I never recover, good teams or bad. They shoot a insane % and make every contested shot behind screens and layups, known to man, while I miss those same shots. It's ridiculous. I don't think slider adjustments help much at all. Game use to be fun, not anymore. Something has to be done, or I'm taking it off my HD......
Uncle Drew

Postby sanmarco on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:23 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Same story here. CPU jumps out to big leads in the 1st qtr, and I never recover, good teams or bad. They shoot a insane % and make every contested shot behind screens and layups, known to man, while I miss those same shots. It's ridiculous. I don't think slider adjustments help much at all. Game use to be fun, not anymore. Something has to be done, or I'm taking it off my HD......

It's a disappointing mess. The only way to enjoy this game is to "get good", which means quitting your job, leaving reality & religiously playing the video game for 5-6months polishing your stick skills, memorizing every detail of animation, that's when you get to enjoy it.. and then 2k20 is just around the corner making you start all over again.

It will work if you're still a child.

that or you play on rookie.
sanmarco
Spalla Camicia

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 am

sanmarco wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Same story here. CPU jumps out to big leads in the 1st qtr, and I never recover, good teams or bad. They shoot a insane % and make every contested shot behind screens and layups, known to man, while I miss those same shots. It's ridiculous. I don't think slider adjustments help much at all. Game use to be fun, not anymore. Something has to be done, or I'm taking it off my HD......

It's a disappointing mess. The only way to enjoy this game is to "get good", which means quitting your job, leaving reality & religiously playing the video game for 5-6months polishing your stick skills, memorizing every detail of animation, that's when you get to enjoy it.. and then 2k20 is just around the corner making you start all over again.

It will work if you're still a child.

that or you play on rookie.

Yeah, I feel ya, It's more to life than video games, so I guess my learning curb will suffer.
Uncle Drew

Postby miguel88 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:58 am

if you guys are on pc you can always downgrade the game to the version you want, now I using 1.01 and this sliders work perfectly on that version
miguel88

Postby Vicerex on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:38 am

miguel88 wrote:if you guys are on pc you can always downgrade the game to the version you want, now I using 1.01 and this sliders work perfectly on that version

Normally I get it on PC, but this year I went for PS4. Kind of regretting it.
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 pm

You never know could be some type of discrepancy because of PS4, but maybe I boosted the sliders too high, all possibilities, but lets keep working with what we got. Based off of feedback here and on YT I plan on making a few changes for v3.0 which will be out this coming Monday. Play a game or two with these and check out the notes I put next to each slider...again very experimental:

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success – 47/55 (+1 for the user may even go +2, -5 to the CPU for balance.)
Close Shot Success – 45/60 (May bump for the user in the future, but not yet, -6 to the CPU for balance)

3PT Success - 48/58 (I will probably NOT make this change! I was shooting a good 3p% with this at 47 but if you were struggling to hit 3's bump this up +1 for the user)
Layup Success – 49/57 (+1 bump for the user, -5 for the CPU for balance)

Help Defense Strength - 50/50

Offensive Rebounding - 0/0
Defensive Rebounding – 10/5 (These are my experimental rebounding sliders try them out!)

Attack The Basket -50/10 (Back to 10 I took some advice from a few guys on YT to try it on 100 and while it did result in more FT's the CPU spends WAY too much time in the paint)

Just finished a game up with these I was the Warriors:

Like I said 48 3pt for user is too high IMO I was hitting way too much from 3 although it is the Warriors so we'll see. 33 FT's with 26 3's attempted from the CPU is exciting, I'm going to upload some gameplay from this game.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby TheRocket on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Yeah man I had no problems with user shooting and percentages, actually they were really on point, depending on the team I was using and playing against it was pretty much every time between 40 and 50 % from the field, I was missing open shots but sometimes making contested ones, which, of course is something I have no problem with. I'd only decrease CPU shooting sliders, especially from the 3, they are not missing open shots, if they do, they should do it more often. About decreasing attack the basket slider, I agree, CPU tend to do that thing that I hate where they walk in the paint and just stand there.

I love the feel, I love the sliders, but I just think CPU doesn't need that much of a boost regarding shooting. That's the thing I'd focus on most, get CPU to have realistic percentages, I am more or less fine with other things.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:21 pm

After some more testing, I figured I definitely wouldn't bump user shooting sliders, I am getting really good stats there, on the other hand, CPU is more problematic, I'd lower 3pt shooting slider for sure, they are really shooting too good and percentages are too high, but not sure about the other ones.
TheRocket

Postby maddenftbl on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:28 pm

These sliders are fantastic, except for the fact the CPU is making everything! Second quarter Lakers at Trailblazers, CPU shot 80%!
maddenftbl

Postby Vicerex on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:51 pm

I'll definitely adjust the CPU shooting sliders and give some feedback, but I don't think the User sliders need a boost. As you'll see above in my end game screenshot I shot 45% and 35% from 3pt which I feel is both realistic areas, in fact all my games I've shot within 40-50 and 30-42ish from 3pt which I'm cool with.

My issue was the CPU shooting, it's like being a high school team playing against the NBA All Stars, no matter how good I play I'm simply outmatched, like I said above you can't beat someone who doesn't miss.

All other aspects of the game have for the most part been fine, though they do usually dominate me in rebounds so I'll try the 0/0 & 10/5 you posted.

I think in all reality we're really close, just need to nerf CPU shooting a bit. It is 2K after all, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a difference in PC & PS4 in how sliders are weighted. Because in your screenshot they shot 50%, I've absolutely not seen CPU shoot that low since about slider set 1.0 or 1.5, I'm seeing 60%+ every single game whether I guard them myself or let my CPU mostly guard them. Like others have mentioned they start out unrealistically hot, usually after the first quarter or two they shooting around 80% then it's like in the second half the sliders start kicking in and finally bring them slowly back to reality, but they already up by 20-40 at that point so I can't come back. It's like I'm playing 2K and the CPU playing NBA Street. lol
Vicerex

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:15 am

^^ This. Very frustrating.
Uncle Drew

Postby Aston on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Love the sliders, but the CPU is too OP. x)
Aston
Culture.

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:25 am

Aston2K wrote:Love the sliders, but the CPU is too OP. x)

Right. Is it too much to ask for the CPU to shoot a lower % contested or not? Hey Shady, are the 2,5 sliders on 2Kshare?
Uncle Drew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19