NBA 2K19 Neighborhood Trailer

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 Neighborhood Trailer

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Obviously all that stuff contributes to the overall success and financial stability of the franchise, but I can't help feeling there's a bit of spin to that, Maybe it's an uncomfortable truth I wish weren't the case, maybe it's a bit too defensive about an approach that could be better. Whatever the case, something about that explanation just doesn't sit right with me.

Whatever it is, it is what it is, I guess. The important thing is that we have the variety of viable modes so that we can feasibly pick and choose what we want to play, and get a satisfying experience even if we do just spend time with one particular mode. To that end, deep modes are definitely one of NBA 2K's strengths.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Rosque on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:25 pm

In 2K's defense. You can play one mode and one mode only whole year considering how deep it is. Be it MyLeague, MyTeam, MyCareer and never look into other modes. This game is so deep that it literally caters to all players. Be it casual with parks and neighborhood, be it hardcore with myleague/MLOnline, be it quick online competitive with PNO. Every other sports game there that is not niche like Football Manager, I'm talking PES/FIFA/Madden/MLB/LIVE has one good to great mode, one average and rest are there because they're legacy modes and are not improved upon since mid 2000s probably. FIFA has better Career Mode 10 yrs ago than today. Master League in PES has not improved in 5+ years. But FIFA has great Ultimate Team, same with PES's MyClub. Everything else in those two games is dog poo or barely average. Even gameplay in FIFA is arcade-ish but they have more licenses. PES has less licenses but sim gameplay. It's either or situation, you do not get both in either game.

And people moan that 2Ks devs do not care or do not listen to their customers. You have a bunch of licensed retro players, teams, 3 deeeeeeeeeep modes, gameplay that is miles better of that of FIFA, Madden and slightly better than PES.

MC online stuff that's on Fortnite level is necessary evil to keep the rest of the game running smoothly. And I can see that having seen how similarly my ex company operated with multiple different levels of operation.

Just think of GPU and/or CPU manufacturers. Intel and AMD and Nvidia. Who do you think they make the living of off? Average buying-i5 processors- customers or gtx 1060 or ryzen 5? No. Big servers, AI uses etc. Where they sell their Quadro GPUs for 5000+ usd, Epyc processors for 3000+ usd or Xeon for 5000+ usd and make huge margins on those products. Those products keep your i3/i5/i7 lineup, your Ryzen 3/5/7 and Threadripper lineups more engaging. Nvidia is dog poo with their RTX cards. To hell with them. And to 2k their quadro GPU, their Epyc processor and Xeon is exactly that Park player and that Neighborhood player who on first day buys legendary edition for 110 bucks and another 60 to max player at 85 ovr day 1. Not your GreenManGaming-buying 45€ player that only plays MyLeague. Sad but cold truth because within 24 hrs that one player has spent 4x as that 1 player.
Rosque

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:54 pm

phpBB [video]

It appears they listened and just made the Neighborhood a bunch of storefronts around the Park? I'm game.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Hide & Seek in The Park? Man, everyone's just ripping JaoSming's idea, these days...

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:04 pm

It struck me as odd that a big YouTuber would get the game early and his first thing would be to do hide and seek: a make up your own game in a game-type thing.

I think a lot of people are holding off to see what the "God-tier" build is this year, which has become a moot point to me, as I'm going defensive-oriented right out of the gate.

Jao is a giant among the over-saturated point guard market. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19