Broadcast Trailer

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Broadcast Trailer

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:14 am

Bill Simmons joins the broadcast team this year.

phpBB [video]
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108634
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:21 am

Is it just me or does the defence look delayed in almost every play? Like... 0.5 seconds late consistently.
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
https://www.twitch.tv/thepointforward

ImageImageImage
User avatar
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 am

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:36 am

"Bill Simmons trailer" is a better title for the video. I wish he had bias towards Celtics at broadcast. It would be so fun to hear him bash opponents like Tommy Heinsohn. LMAO
Image
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor
 
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:07 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:38 am

While bells and whistles like this are cool in their own right, I have to admit it doesn't hype me up too much. I thought last year's guest commentary broke the fourth wall a bit too much, and it sounds like there might be a bit of that this year as well. I still liked it for what it was, but it got a bit repetitive (as all commentary in video games inevitably does) and took away from the game somewhat, as a lot of it didn't really reference what was going on. It was basically an extended chat with the game in the background.

It does sound like it might be a bit better in that regard this year, especially with all the lines Bill Simmons has about Team 2K players. I don't like feeling as though I'm too jaded to enjoy stuff like this, and again, it's definitely cool, but I'm more concerned with the legacy issues and new problems alike that ultimately impeded my enjoyment of NBA 2K18. Stuff like this won't matter much in the long run if the core experience isn't sufficiently pleasing.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108634
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:33 am

Andrew wrote:While bells and whistles like this are cool in their own right, I have to admit it doesn't hype me up too much. I thought last year's guest commentary broke the fourth wall a bit too much, and it sounds like there might be a bit of that this year as well. I still liked it for what it was, but it got a bit repetitive (as all commentary in video games inevitably does) and took away from the game somewhat, as a lot of it didn't really reference what was going on. It was basically an extended chat with the game in the background.

It does sound like it might be a bit better in that regard this year, especially with all the lines Bill Simmons has about Team 2K players. I don't like feeling as though I'm too jaded to enjoy stuff like this, and again, it's definitely cool, but I'm more concerned with the legacy issues and new problems alike that ultimately impeded my enjoyment of NBA 2K18. Stuff like this won't matter much in the long run if the core experience isn't sufficiently pleasing.


Last year, every Lakers/Celtics game had that special guest commentary with Kobe/KG. Every single one for me. That is perfectly fine, because I am not a die hard fan of any of those teams and therefore I heard that special commentary about 4-5 times, but I can't imagine how repetitive it was for users that started a MyGM or MyLeague mode with any of those two franchises. The idea is very nice IMHO but they should be careful how they execute everything.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:45 am

Look at Lebron's arms vs Rockets at 1'40 :o https://youtu.be/y1bieSqvNvM?t=1m40s
Real improvment, no clipping ?!
my NBA2K : YouTube | flickr

my Mods for NBA 2K20 - 2K19 - 2K17 - 2K16

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose"
Ayrton Senna
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:33 am

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:37 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Look at Lebron's arms vs Rockets at 1'40 :o https://youtu.be/y1bieSqvNvM?t=1m40s
Real improvment, no clipping ?!


They look like animations but still it looks like an improvement! Excellent observation!
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: Broadcast Trailer

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Last year, every Lakers/Celtics game had that special guest commentary with Kobe/KG. Every single one for me. That is perfectly fine, because I am not a die hard fan of any of those teams and therefore I heard that special commentary about 4-5 times, but I can't imagine how repetitive it was for users that started a MyGM or MyLeague mode with any of those two franchises. The idea is very nice IMHO but they should be careful how they execute everything.


Surely it didn't play every single time, or for every single home game if you chose those teams; that would be excruciatingly repetitive if so! In any event I agree, it has to be handled properly.

sticky-fingers wrote:Look at Lebron's arms vs Rockets at 1'40 :o https://youtu.be/y1bieSqvNvM?t=1m40s
Real improvment, no clipping ?!


Definitely cool, though hopefully it's not just select two-man animations. After all, there were more egregious clipping problems than a bit of meshing together on moves in the paint, physicality in general needs to be cleaned up. But that looks quite promising.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108634
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia


Return to NBA 2K19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PeacemanNOT and 2 guests